Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

poo poo, nobody tell him TJ's pinoy.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That was rusev venting

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://postimage.org/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNAMecca is going to be a sight to behold for at least the rest of the week

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I know it would be bad for the business to take out a competing company that employs a lot of good wrestlers, but I really want WWE to buy it and close it down or Sinclair to buy it just to take the timeslot for RoH or any other ridiculous thing that gets us millions of 'we got screwed/TNA was just getting huge so they shut down the competition/etc' posts

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

a lot of good wrestlers

I'm gonna stop you right here

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

DJExile posted:

I'm gonna stop you right here

Bobby Roode looks like a star in NXT, imagine what some of these other guys could do if they escaped the horrible black hole of TNA

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

His music looks like a star

He just looks like Bobby Roode

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Bobby Roode looks like a star in NXT, imagine what some of these other guys could do if they escaped the horrible black hole of TNA

For every Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, and AJ Styles there have been 20 Mahabali Sheras, Angelina Loves, and Chris Harrises.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I mean...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
TNA is pushing Mike Bennett as a top guy, just to give you an idea how much their roster got strip-mined the past two years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
In WWE's position, there's about 6 guys I'd take, not counting the Hardys, who I cannot imagine going back at the moment.

-Andrew Everett
-Moose
-Trevor Lee
-Eddie Edwards
-Drew Galloway (although I don't know how he'd feel about going back)
-Mark Andrews

You might be able to talk me into Storm, Abyss, and Marshe Rockett, but I wouldn't pay those first 2 guys the kind of deals they'd no doubt want.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Sep 28, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

TNA is pushing Mike Bennett as a top guy, just to give you an idea how much their roster got strip-mined the past two years.

Ring of Honor is pushing Bull Dempsey after they lost Mike Bennett

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

Ring of Honor is pushing Bull Dempsey after they lost Mike Bennett

Dark days for ROH.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
And what about Fox News contributor Tyrus? Or MMA superstar Bobby Lashley? Or Eli Drake, whom TNA fans have called the next Rock?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In WWE's position, there's about 6 guys I'd take, not counting the Hardys, who I cannot imagine going back at the moment.

-Andrew Everett
-Moose
-Trevor Lee
-Eddie Edwards
-Drew Galloway (although I don't know how he'd feel about going back)
-Mark Andrews

You might be able to talk me into Storm, Abyss, and Marshe Rockett, but I wouldn't pay those first 2 guys the kind of deals they'd no doubt want.
Abyss is totally useless in a company that doesn't have a hardcore match every pay-per-view. Abyss is competent at hitting people with barbed wire bats but that's about all he has going for him. Iunno what he'd have to offer WWE.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Replace Foley with Joe Park

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Endorph posted:

Abyss is totally useless in a company that doesn't have a hardcore match every pay-per-view. Abyss is competent at hitting people with barbed wire bats but that's about all he has going for him. Iunno what he'd have to offer WWE.

Give him the Dean Ambrose run

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
EC3 being forced to come back as Derrick Bateman would make me laugh a lot.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

sticklefifer posted:

EC3 being forced to come back as Derrick Bateman would make me laugh a lot.

Derrick Bateman, Daniel Bryan's Best Friend was the greatest character ever, Smackdown would only be improved by his presence.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Mike Bennett is actually cool and has a hot wife which makes him better than you

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Mike Bennett is actually cool and has a hot wife which makes him better than you

I disagree Mike Bennett is actually bad

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'll split the difference and say Mike Bennett sans Maria is so wholly boring that he's not worth making a value judgement on.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Wwe's lowest rating, still literally 10 times TNA's. I'm sure vince mcmahon is terrified

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

What the mainstream wrestling media doesn't want you to know!!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why did they never change Mike Tenay's name to Mike TNA?

Edit: If you google Mike Tenay here's the image that pops up first

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

#AskQuestions sheeple!!!!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Spokesman: Vince, we're a little concerned with the rat...wait...I'm receiving breaking news. TNA may be going out of business. Well, our concerns have been resolved! Have more of our money!

Vince McMahon: Thank you gentlemen, until next time.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mexico is not an appealing market for wrestling

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

You mean, from the Raw that aired against one of the biggest presidential debates ever?

No, say it isn't so.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Of course, while WWE are putting on two pay-per-views per month, TNA are struggling to pay the bills to show their second PPV of the year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Why did they never change Mike Tenay's name to Mike TNA?

Edit: If you google Mike Tenay here's the image that pops up first

that's album art for some guy who makes 80s music under the name mike tenay and puts it on bandcamp/soundcloud

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Mexico is not an appealing market for wrestling

It'll never catch on in that third-world shithole

e: this is the sweet Mecca nectar I've been missing for months

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 28, 2016

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
Dave Meltzer has been loving joshi stars since before I was born ffs

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
https://twitter.com/itsTFunk666/status/780964143935397888

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the perception of the observer from non-readers is one of the more interesting things about the wrestling fandom i think. like we like to roast dave's perceived biases and stuff but a large portion (majority?) of internet fans have only encountered his name filtered through scoopz clickbait so they think that's what the observer is too and it'd be funny to give them a stack of print copies like no it's really just some huge nerd who writes a weekly 100,000-word history of the wrestling business around the world and opines on whether some things worked or not. please read these two pages on the gates and revenue streams of the top mexican promotions as compared to 5 years ago and then get back to me

the last time meltzer even engaged in explicit scoopery was when he got worked on the cm punk non-return now it's all coded language about things he's been reasonably able to confirm on background from a few people

did I already post this in this thread, maybe I did