Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Dollhouse reminds me of this instant failure of a show that Fox tried to have some years later, the name of which escapes me. The premise was that this mild-mannered accountant guy finds out his entire life is a sleeper agent cover for the "real" him, who's a CIA assassin. Only something goes fucky with their programming and the personalities have to co-exist now. The problem? The lead couldn't sell being two different people for poo poo. You'd think that would be priority 1 when casting.

Are you confusing this with American Ultra, the movie that finally made me hate Jesse Eisenberg and the one character he ever plays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Are you confusing this with American Ultra, the movie that finally made me hate Jesse Eisenberg and the one character he ever plays?

No, it was called "My Own Worst Enemy" with Christian Slater. Who is currently cast in a show where he has to play two different versions of the same character.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Holy loving poo poo, Harry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

More comics should allow me to put a bit out of context to create a scene of a cat in love. Also more cats in general.

From Ms. Marvel #14

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Hot Towels coming through.

Strange Tales 147 as collected in S.H.I.E.L.D. by Lee & Kirby the complete collection

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I didnt realize that Tony Stark really was supposed to have been one of Shield's founders til reading that collection.

Also Tony Stark is totally poo poo and naming things.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
"Hot towels! Get them off!"

No wonder Hydra always loses, if a problem like "towel on head" is something that takes more than like three seconds to solve.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
So that is the gag being referenced by the Hot Voile vs Hot Oil gag in The Venture Brothers.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Barber puts hot towel on customer and he suffers indescribable agony" was a popular slapstick gag in the days of yore, along with the pie in the face or slipping on a banana peel.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Kids keep designing the best characters with Kate Beaton.

Dat queen is swole.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Not enough snakes.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zanzibar Ham posted:

More comics should allow me to put a bit out of context to create a scene of a cat in love. Also more cats in general.

From Ms. Marvel #14
So which cat is Ms. Marvel in love with?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Knormal posted:

So which cat is Ms. Marvel in love with?

Why pick one?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Holy loving poo poo, Harry.

The eyeliner really sells the "new Osborn image", Harry.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I like Plasticman for the same reasons I like Deadpool - everyone thinks they're just a useless goof until they suddenly show they're dangerously competent at the most unexpected moment and ruin your poo poo.

For example, in one issue of XForce, Deadpool is up against the gang and they're expecting to just walk over him (I may well be wrong here, I don't have the books with me, but I think that's the general gist of it). At one point, he has a casually goofy conversation with Domino about things that creep him out and scare him and gets her to confide she's actually desperately afraid of chickens.

Good laugh, everyone moves on.

Later, while crawling through an air vent, this happens:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

If that kind of key could open it, that's actually a pretty lovely lock. :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

That's no chicken. It's evil manifest.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

That's no chicken. It's evil manifest.

those are the same thing, dude

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Perestroika posted:

If that kind of key could open it, that's actually a pretty lovely lock. :v:

Plastic Man's powers are crazy. He doesn't just stretch like Mr. Fantastic. He changes his body like a Looney Toons character. If he shapes shifts into a jet, then he can fly around.
So in my head cannon, he just forms an electronic lock breaker....That looks like a key.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Serious Frolicking posted:

those are the same thing, dude

You're right, didn't notice it was a rooster.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Or his arm did something really complex inside the lock and then he made his finger into a generic key for the purposes of making that joke.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

joehonkie posted:

Or his arm did something really complex inside the lock and then he made his finger into a generic key for the purposes of making that joke.

This was my assumption. You want a big old-fashioned key to make it clear that it's a middle finger but also a key.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

I like Plasticman for the same reasons I like Deadpool - everyone thinks they're just a useless goof until they suddenly show they're dangerously competent at the most unexpected moment and ruin your poo poo.

My favorite thing about Plastic Man is everyone will be goofin' on him and not taking him seriously and Batman is just in the corner loving terrified. Plastic Man's an immortal shapeshifter with barely any of the limits other shapeshifters have to live by, he'd gently caress you up.

My other favorite thing about Plastic Man is everything else about Plastic Man

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but can he shapeshift himself into a good father

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't like Plastic Man because he's not biodegradable. Superheroes should be more environmentally friendly.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

didn't his molecules get spread out into the ocean at one point and he had to reassemble himself or something? he's not immortal like, hard to kill, he straight up plays by Majin Buu rules

Dave Barry books posted:

he did in Injustice

well he got most of the way there I think

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Dave Barry books posted:

He was pretty good at it in the one not-lovely issue of The Kingdom...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's no assumption to be made. It's right in the art. The slot he stuck is arm in doesn't look anything at all like the key he made. You guys are trying way too hard to poke at a joke.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Babe Magnet posted:

didn't his molecules get spread out into the ocean at one point and he had to reassemble himself or something? he's not immortal like, hard to kill, he straight up plays by Majin Buu rules

They had to get the dude who's hair is fire to use his nuclear molecule control powers to put him together, but yeah. I think he quit the Justice League immediately after, though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dave Barry books posted:

This is exactly why Batman went out of his way to try and help him on this. He knows he needs to be on Eel's good side at any given time.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Babe Magnet posted:

I could be remembering, as I've not read the original just heard it mentioned, but I think the justice League were sent back in time, but with the caveat that if any of them died they'd just be sent back to the present.

Plas gets disintegrated, and they just assume he's back in the present. Then when everyone else dies, they wonder where Plas is...

Which is when they realise being disintegrated didn't kill him and he's been dissolved in the ocean for a thousand years or so.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Elfface posted:

I could be remembering, as I've not read the original just heard it mentioned, but I think the justice League were sent back in time, but with the caveat that if any of them died they'd just be sent back to the present.

Plas gets disintegrated, and they just assume he's back in the present. Then when everyone else dies, they wonder where Plas is...

Which is when they realise being disintegrated didn't kill him and he's been dissolved in the ocean for a thousand years or so.

The JLA was killed in the obsidian age, but Manitou Raven resurrected them with the help of Green Lantern. Eventually in the future someone noticed his absence and realized if he wasn't brought back, then he must not have been dead. Oops!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

This is exactly why Batman went out of his way to try and help him on this. He knows he needs to be on Eel's good side at any given time.

Kelly's JLA run is so good you guys.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It really is. Well Faith sucked, but the rest was good enough to forgive that.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Still not tired of the Twitter gags:

Actually laughed out loud at this in the first few pages:

Squirrel Girl 12.

Oh man that was a heck of an issue. Heroic Brain Drain is a great new supporting character!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 28, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mods, please word filter Tony Stark to Ira Onmann.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Endless Mike posted:

You guys are trying way too hard to poke at a joke.
BSS.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Actually laughed out loud at this in the first few pages:

Please tell me his costume logo is just a piece of printer paper taped to his shirt.