Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

rezatahs posted:

i'm going to brag about third party voting in a swing state :grin:
This is another good exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I think the funniest people are the ones constantly melting down about Jill Stien on my facebook wall and they're not Bernie bros.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

rezatahs posted:

i'm going to brag about third party voting in a swing state :grin:

I'm going to brag about not voting solely because of the presidential candidates, completely ignoring the myriad state and local elections and referendums which will have a larger and more tangible impact on my life :grin:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
where i live, both the senate and the house elections have two candidates from the same party running.

but we do have a shitload of ballot measures to vote on.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm going to brag about not voting solely because of the presidential candidates, completely ignoring the myriad state and local elections and referendums which will have a larger and more tangible impact on my life :grin:

heh noice

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

boner confessor posted:

was it really a suprice that the DNC didn't like the guy who purposely was never a member of the DNC despite agreeing with them 99% of the time anyways

you can't purposely reject the anime club while staring in the window keeping an eye on things then show up one day demanding to be president of anime club. it doesn't work like that

it worked for the RNC

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CharlestonJew posted:

it worked for the RNC

well it only worked for them because the preferred establishment candidate was so boring as to be undercut by a dozen also rans who were all looking for their slice of glory and while they were playing idiot musical chairs, trump stole a plurality of the vote

if they had rallied around one person trump would have been the right's bernie in 2016, a decent showing but not enough

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Homestar Runner posted:

oh great a C-Spam thread in GBS overrun by hillbot C-Spammers

good job mods with the new & improved GBS, round of applause everyone

People are allowed to not like your candidate.

Carmant posted:

Shut the gently caress up AIDStard

Rude.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

dookifex_maximus posted:

hey dont blame me, i wanted a good alternative to the status quo, i wanted bernie

the poo poo the democratic party did this year how can you ever forgive them

I can forgive them because they really didn't do poo poo and Bernie lost because people didn't vote for him. I voted for Bernie, but honestly i think he might be getting trounced in this general if he had somehow made it through the primary

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

good, gbs is still a place were people can loudly profess their stupidity

Well, we don't want to ban you or anything.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Mandator posted:

Well, we don't want to ban you or anything.

speak for yourself stupid!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Berious posted:

it looks like Yanks won't vote for the Trumperor.

Don't jinx it yet

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
As a non american I don't know who "Bernie" is. Why was he a "good" candidate unlike these others?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Zzulu posted:

As a non american I don't know who "Bernie" is. Why was he a "good" candidate unlike these others?

Evidently he was, in fact, a verified human being -- actually born on this planet.

Edit: I guess that only makes him an Earthling.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Third party should be in the debate.

This I agree with. The bar for getting in the debates should be like 1% or 3%

Not 15% or whatever ridiculous number it is.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Zzulu posted:

Pretty down to earth and progressive. His views are far too left to take effect in the current political landscape, so he was a safe counterbalance to the strong multi-right resurgence within the legislature and state governments. Obama has been fairly center despite the right wing's rhetoric over the years. Also he was exceedingly popular and doesn't have Hillary's past haunting him. He also refused to accept large campaign contributions.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Bernie's biggest strength was that he was a yooman being and not an illuminati lizzard person or orangutan retard.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe you americans need a strong hand leading you though. Maybe it's time for the lizards to rule

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

hillbots are the corpse that keeps on twitching. just a point of order, there is a difference between pragmatically voting with a group because their policies are closer to your views than the alternative and actually wholeheartedly embracing those policies.

Zzulu posted:

Maybe you americans need a strong hand leading you though. Maybe it's time for the lizards to rule

can we get a more likable lizard though?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I'm really not sure how Hillbots is still a term after that Palmer Luckey poo poo.

But, like Libtard, go with what you can spell, I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Zzulu posted:

you say that like we have ever had a non-reptilian president. humans instinctively place reptilians above themselves while trying to deny that they exist.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
this is the best election cuz you can just stay home on election day 100% guilt free

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

America, Shaka Zulu is telling you to elect a lizardperson

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
We already know we're going to elect the lizzard person. :smith:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"Why not?"

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

dookifex_maximus posted:

it's a decision made based on the observations that developed into accelerationism. i hope that trump is so incompetent that he drops the baton and then we can have some change

Honestly this is kind of really dumb in any serious capacity. Things can get a lot worse before they get better and I feel like people who say this 'lol accelerationism' stuff are suburban white people who don't really believe things will be affected much one way or another for them personally thus they feel secure in saying that but not worrying about potential consequences of that attitude.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

akulanization posted:

hillbots are the corpse that keeps on twitching. just a point of order, there is a difference between pragmatically voting with a group because their policies are closer to your views than the alternative and actually wholeheartedly embracing those policies.

can we get a more likable lizard though?

Who gives a poo poo if she is likeable or not? Do you want the guy working at the DMV to be a likeable goofball or just being able to get your poo poo done in a fast and efficient manner?

Why are we even talking about this? The alternative is a manchild who doesn't know anything about anything and who couldn't get poo poo done even if his life dependent on it. You will vote the lizard and you will stop complaining!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I can't stand Hillary, but on the other hand I don't want to have to drive all the way to some internment camp in the middle of nowhere to see my nieces and nephews.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I had to turn off the debate because I don't like drinking that heavily on a monday night.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Roylicious posted:

Honestly this is kind of really dumb in any serious capacity. Things can get a lot worse before they get better and I feel like people who say this 'lol accelerationism' stuff are suburban white people who don't really believe things will be affected much one way or another for them personally thus they feel secure in saying that but not worrying about potential consequences of that attitude.

There are a number of societies historically who would have executed Anarchists with that viewpoint. This sort of nonsense has been a problem since the dawn of man. The best solution is for democracy to band stronger together.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Why are we even talking about this? The alternative is a manchild who doesn't know anything about anything and who couldn't get poo poo done even if his life dependent on it. You will vote the lizard and you will stop complaining!

They're both lizards idiot, it's a rigged system

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

crabcakes66 posted:

This I agree with. The bar for getting in the debates should be like 1% or 3%

Not 15% or whatever ridiculous number it is.

yeah but then we wouldn't get Jill Stein splicing footage of herself with footage from the debate and speaking to nobody, which while kinda funny situation for her to be in, it does appear a little 'lesser-nation'ish

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Who gives a poo poo if she is likeable or not? Do you want the guy working at the DMV to be a likeable goofball or just being able to get your poo poo done in a fast and efficient manner?

This is either a pro-tier gimmick post or my weak rear end hillbot joke was loving prescient.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

:thejoke:

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

InterFaced posted:

I had to turn off the debate because I don't like drinking that heavily on a monday night.

It was worth it imo, most enjoyable debate in my living memory

im still giggling about "trumped up trickle down :smug:"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/781169788005605376

Trump hosed

Also the election made Buzzfeed the most important news website in the US.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/781169788005605376

Trump hosed

Also the election made Buzzfeed the most important news website in the US.

Part of me wants to know more about this story but I'm sure it'll just make me really mad. Pence is loving offensive. Trump seems like the slow kid on the playground and I just feel sorry for him now.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Under the border, illegals rise in bubbles, and money burns green and blue and black. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh.

Believe me.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
I lol'd at the "trump says global warming is a Chinese hoax" because for a second I wasn't sure if it was a real trump quote or a very convincing fake one

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dial-a-Dog posted:

In the same way that Charles Manson and Abraham Lincoln were both mammals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
You could argue that Abe Lincoln killed a lot more people than Manson did. Also kicked off a war closer to a race war than anything Manson could ever hope to achieve.

• Locked thread