Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Rat posted:

Drat. I'm PC, my best friend is Xbox.

*wacky voice*

I SMELL A SITCOM! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I have no idea why xbox and PC games aren't cross platform gameplay for non FPS stuff.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

*wacky voice*

I SMELL A SITCOM! :haw:

He's a PC. He's an Xbox. They're cops.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

I have no idea why xbox and PC games aren't cross platform gameplay for non FPS stuff.

They can even do it for FPS games. I was rocking 56k on my Dreamcast facing broadband PC users nearly 20 years ago in Quake III Arena.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Maybe it's something to do with mods? Kind of baffles me too, you'd think it'd be easy to do on a turn based game.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

He's a PC. He's an Xbox. They're cops.

This summer Rob Schneider and Kevin James are going to Game the System

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I finally bought the new Deus Ex. Graphics are pretty, but it makes me feel kinda claustrophobic compared to DXHR. Like, I'm not really sure how to navigate obstacles as well in this one.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Pesticide20 posted:

This summer Rob Schneider and Kevin James are going to Game the System

Ew. Ewwwwwww.

:barf:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Rat posted:

Maybe it's something to do with mods? Kind of baffles me too, you'd think it'd be easy to do on a turn based game.

the only game that I know that does it is final fantasy XI. 360, ps2 and PC users all on the same servers.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Reverand maynard posted:

the only game that I know that does it is final fantasy XI. 360, ps2 and PC users all on the same servers.

GTA V

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Really? Which platforms?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ffxiv MMO is cross platform and I think rocket league?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Reverand maynard posted:

Really? Which platforms?

PS4 and PC are on the same online, but it tries to keep controller PC players with PS4 players while KBM ones can still join in, but aren't auto assigned to the same servers

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Rocket League is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
LOL
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-28-advertising-standards-launches-investigation-into-no-mans-sky

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They totally still have the fake-rear end concept "real gameplay footage" video up as the main video on the Steam store page. It's pretty funny.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm so glad I got that poo poo for free

it got real bad, real quick

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm sorry VikingSkull I know you had been hype for it :(

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

I'm so glad I got that poo poo for free

it got real bad, real quick

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I'm sorry VikingSkull I know you had been hype for it :(

I kinda go with the flow with games. I knew it had a chance to suck, and it delivered.

I come from the NES days though, so getting a game sight unseen based on hype only to have it suck is old hat for me.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

VikingSkull posted:

I kinda go with the flow with games. I knew it had a chance to suck, and it delivered.

I come from the NES days though, so getting a game sight unseen based on hype only to have it suck is old hat for me.

yeah for real that disappointment as soon as the LJN logo popped up was basically the worst

edit: lol I'm looking them up and jesus I forced myself to like a lot of their games I guess.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Who liked 2142?

https://bl2142.co/

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

welp there goes my tomorrow

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I loved that game for some reason

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I loved that game for some reason

Because it was awesome

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

angels fall first gives me a good 2142 feel, but it is early access and not enough players, like literally zero

this 2142 is having like 600-800 at all times

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

Because it was awesome

Like I don't remember it having nearly the following or support of any of the other battlefield games. Seemed like the abandoned stepchild at the time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Like I don't remember it having nearly the following or support of any of the other battlefield games. Seemed like the abandoned stepchild at the time.

It was basically a BF2 mod that they sold for full price. The titan mode was cool, but otherwise, I was bored. I think I played for about 2-3 weeks and went back to BF2.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Godholio posted:

It was basically a BF2 mod that they sold for full price. The titan mode was cool, but otherwise, I was bored. I think I played for about 2-3 weeks and went back to BF2.

2142 was a hell of a lot more distinct from BF2 than BF4 was from 3. Off the top of my head, you got mechs, a few nifty futuristic weapons and gadgets like personal drones and Predator camo, hover tanks, APCs that shot pods out the top, and then the big drat Titans. What really crippled 2142 was one of the worst launches DICE has ever had from a technical standpoint. In particular, the Titan mode was practically unplayable for nearly six months after release because 64 players crowding into just two hallways and spamming grenades would cause horrific lag. The only way server owners managed to run the mode was to immobilize the Titans themselves, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Doom soundtrack finally came out, it's on Itune, Googleplay and Spotify

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Bolow posted:

The Doom soundtrack finally came out, it's on Itune, Googleplay and Spotify

Bethesda put it up on their youtube channel as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

at the date posted:

2142 was a hell of a lot more distinct from BF2 than BF4 was from 3. Off the top of my head, you got mechs, a few nifty futuristic weapons and gadgets like personal drones and Predator camo, hover tanks, APCs that shot pods out the top, and then the big drat Titans. What really crippled 2142 was one of the worst launches DICE has ever had from a technical standpoint. In particular, the Titan mode was practically unplayable for nearly six months after release because 64 players crowding into just two hallways and spamming grenades would cause horrific lag. The only way server owners managed to run the mode was to immobilize the Titans themselves, which takes a lot of the fun out of it.

It's also worth noting just how cool Titan mode is. It's Conquest Plus. You get your normal Battlefield pleasure, but with the added action movie recreation of tight corridor fights and then a high speed escape from an exploding base.

The first time I ever lived through that fight and got the badge for surviving the jump was one of the more memorable moments in gaming for me.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

peak today

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

This poo poo doesn't happen nearly enough with lovely game studios. Its only happening in NMS because of how flagrant it is, but a gently caress ton of studios release 'totally real ingame footage' that is carefully manipulated.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Reverand maynard posted:

This poo poo doesn't happen nearly enough with lovely game studios. Its only happening in NMS because of how flagrant it is, but a gently caress ton of studios release 'totally real ingame footage' that is carefully manipulated.

Other studios do this, sure, but they're backed by big studios with lots of lawyers; NMS is made by a tiny company. They also made blatantly promises they didn't follow up; and were caught red-handed lying about things they did on-stage; they have the evidence to MAYBE push this forward, and if the eventual prosecutor gets this to stick, it becomes a precedent that can be used to leverage larger companies to stop doing the poo poo they've been doing in the last ten years.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

They really need to start marking this stuff as target renders or concept renders in big letters but it obviously won't happen in the US without regulation.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

This game pleases my autism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjWEGlot35Y

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

New Mount and Blade looks extremely my poo poo and I want it to come out soon so I can dump 300 hours into it and hate myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:stare: I need this.

• Locked thread