Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

And this is why Battle Hymn of the Republic should replace it.
Marching Through Georgia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

God. What the hell would a Trump concession speech even sound like?

We're gonna fight this, believe me. Believe me. I have the best lawyers. Believe me.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/781204471997161473

:sigh:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

lozzle posted:

John Brown's Body tbh.

Bassetking posted:

"This Land" instead.

Casimir Radon posted:

Marching Through Georgia

also acceptable

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

will trump actually call Clinton to concede, is the big question

As in call and ask her to concede even if she wins? Probably.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Kalman posted:

It'll probably have closed by then, given the reviews and (lack of) bookings.

(Okay not really but that project is definitely going bankrupt.)
Trump and crew can always take a few days of campaigning in the crucial battleground of Washington, D.C. in the final few weeks.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

will trump actually call Clinton to concede, is the big question

He tried to get out of shaking Holt's hand after the debate, so no way.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Here's hoping that maybe this will be the one time the casualty number doesn't balloon every ten minutes.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
clearly the american national anthem should be "the bridge from Layla"

i don't care that Eric Clapton is English

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

theflyingorc posted:

Clapton is a huge racist and blues dads worship him... so this has a high chance of happening.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

theflyingorc posted:

Not sure my mind would go to Eric "loving WOGS" Clapton if I wanted to make the Anthem less racist.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Just go with something by Robert Johnson

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Bassetking posted:

I'd really go for "America The Beautiful" or "This Land" instead.

For all their political twattery, Trey Parker and Matt Stone gave us the perfect new national anthem in 2004.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Dinesh D'Souza

Reminder, he's a convicted criminal .

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

tezcat posted:

I love how Whitebread Mcbootlick
This is great

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
Clapton is the Trump of guitarists. He's a self-aggrandizing, racist horse's rear end; and he built his empire by being mediocre and profiting off of the work of others.

Now, "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers, I could get behind that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
^^But the Top Gear version^^

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Here's hoping that maybe this will be the one time the casualty number doesn't balloon every ten minutes.

Shooter is already in custody so this seems to be over.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

A Winner is Jew posted:

Clapton is a huge racist and blues dads worship him... so this has a high chance of happening.

Huh? I didn't know that. Any choice quotes?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

GalacticAcid posted:

Not sure my mind would go to Eric "loving WOGS" Clapton if I wanted to make the Anthem less racist.

who said anything about making it less racist?

I just want us all to sing the guitar part, it's not hard to understand

BUSH 2112 posted:

Clapton is the Trump of guitarists. He's a self-aggrandizing, racist horse's rear end; and he built his empire by being mediocre and profiting off of the work of others.
you are making my argument for me

also it is in Goodfellas, a movie heavily misunderstood by idiots. it's perfect

quote:

Now, "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers, I could get behind that.

this is good, too

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Crain posted:

Local Fox affiliate decided to have a discussion about one of the many black students protesting like Colin Kaepernick (seems to be specifically a student in their area).

Brings a Black community leader to do a back and forth debate.

https://twitter.com/Amir_Hali/status/780477865838063616

White guy is this dude apparently: https://twitter.com/Radiomattrick

You know at 10 years she might not have a full understanding on just what is America unless you're white and conservative than you get your own radio program and you are publishing books.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

Shooter is already in custody

ah so he's white

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Saw an old dude at the local coffee shop today, wearing a red "Make America Great Again" cap and a black t-shirt that read, in big bold white letters, "I'm Deplorable."

Wish I could've snapped a pic.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I guess I'm overly sensitive to this since I live 9 miles from Sandy Hook school. The day that happened I was near the local hospital and watching the ambulances blow by while the news was just initially reporting a few wounded makes one really leery of early casualty reports.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I guess the good thing is no one died and the gunman is in custody?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BUSH 2112 posted:

Not the only thing he profited off of WOULD YOU KNOW MY NAME, IF YOU FELL OUT A WINDOOWWWW!!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Casimir Radon posted:

Not the only thing he profited off of WOULD YOU KNOW MY NAME, IF YOU FELL OUT A WINDOOWWWW!!

https://twitter.com/UtilityLimb/status/163067380677869568

MAYBE my favorite tasteless joke of all time

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/781209572686065664

:raise:

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

theflyingorc posted:

Most of the good guitar work was Duane Allman, so you're okay.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

On Terra Firma posted:

Huh? I didn't know that. Any choice quotes?

Rock against racism was setup explicitly after he went on his racist as gently caress rant.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Against_Racism

I'm glad Clapton son dead.

e:

quote:

Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the wogs out. Get the coons out. Keep Britain white. I used to be into dope, now I’m into racism. It’s much heavier, man. loving wogs, man. loving Saudis taking over London. Bastard wogs. Britain is becoming overcrowded and Enoch will stop it and send them all back.

A Winner is Jew fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 28, 2016

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Prester Jane posted:

Normally I wouldn't do this but I would just like to say that you are not the only person to ever experience severe physical bullying. I have quite extensive experience with real world bullying as well, and I do not hold that up as some sort of badge with which to diminish the very real pain that cyber-bullying causes. Any form of bullying is damaging and seriously so, pretending that the particular form of bullying you experienced gives you a position with which to dismiss the suffering of others is the sort of thinking that this board frequently calls out on the other side.

Cyber-bullying causes real harm and our society should adapt to this reality by implementing strategies that minimize the risk that cyber bullying poses to the developing psychological well being of our children. This is not coddling them or dismissing the real pain that you experienced. This is moving society forwards into an ever better form by listening to what our fellow citizens (in this case the victims of cyber bullying) are saying about their experience.

So please stop using your own experience as a way to diminish or dismiss the experience of others.

Prester Jane, you are, as always, the best poster.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I think that it's time to start admitting that there is a nationwide epidemic of mass shootings by white men in this country, and that no matter how politically incorrect it is to say it, that we may need to start being more discriminatory when it comes to allowing them access of firearms. I know it's un-American to take the rights of citizens away, so I propose we increase the amount of interviews and screening required for white males who wish to acquire weapons. We need to make sure we're only allowing the good ones access to weapons, as opposed to the barbaric men who wish to take the lives of our innocent children.

EDIT: Additionally, we may wish for the next few days to set up police barriers around schools and to stop and frisk any white men who may be wishing to do harm by carrying out a copycat attack.

Superrodan fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 28, 2016

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/781215486692524032

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

lozzle posted:

John Brown's Body tbh.

Titus Andonicus' The Monitor in it's entirety.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

i dare not hope that he overhauls his staff again . . . right?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I am in now way surprised by this. We're you also aware that Under God was added in the 50's and that they used to do the hitler salute?

Yes I did.

I never knew about the third stanza and was taught the romanticized version of how the anthem came to be in school. I've never had the need or want to dig deeper into the national anthem and the history of the song. I shouldn't be surprised by some new facet of horrible when it comes to our national traditions or history.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Superrodan posted:

I think that it's time to start admitting that there is a nationwide epidemic of mass shootings by white men in this country, and that no matter how politically incorrect it is to say it, that we may need to start being more discriminatory when it comes to allowing them access of firearms. I know it's un-American to take the rights of citizens away, so I propose we increase the amount of interviews and screening required for white males who wish to acquire weapons. We need to make sure we're only allowing the good ones access to weapons, as opposed to the barbaric men who wish to take the lives of our innocent children.

there was one a couple of days ago that was an indian guy who was also a nazi?

the world is weird

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

oh god please 4

oh god please 4

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

emdash posted:

i dare not hope that he overhauls his staff again . . . right?

If this happens, Trump is dead in the water no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Yes...I need another campaign shakeup. I need it.

• Locked thread