Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

and then there's honda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNq28JEzwvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
all truck comparisons exist for people who were going to buy one brand of truck anyway to insult other truck owners in the dumb tribal sports-team that truck ownership is

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

honda ridgelines are exactly what consumer trucks should be (except like 10-20% smaller)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

honda ridgelines are exactly what consumer trucks should be (except like 10-20% smaller)

yep. that's why no one buys em.

e: like americans in general, basically every car on the market today would benefit from being 10-20% smaller, too.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 28, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bro if i can't haul 10000 lbs at a moment's notice i don't even bother! what? no, i don't have a trailer hitch installed, why do you ask?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Endless Mike posted:

bro if i can't haul 10000 lbs at a moment's notice i don't even bother! what? no, i don't have a trailer hitch installed, why do you ask?

please dont post about your daily commute in the kickstarter thread

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Endless Mike posted:

"i need a fullsize pickup that does 3mpg because i have to carry a couple of 2x4s once every five years"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

e: like americans in general, basically every car on the market today would benefit from being 10-20% smaller, too.

i would like that expect i have pretty long legs and most of the shitbox cars my friends drive are super uncomfortable for mem

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you'd love my car. because i am The Ultimate Bachelor, i took out the passenger seat to more easily carry things like groceries and cinder bricks and motorcycly engines. the two rear seats are still there, though, so the person who sits in the passenger-side rear seat gets like 5 feet of legroom. it's like a limousine.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's also the ultimate "no we can't take my car" excuse

"yeah i would if i could but it literally has no seats, sorry"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i needs my leg room

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

you'd love my car. because i am The Ultimate Bachelor, i took out the passenger seat to more easily carry things like nina reiser. the two rear seats are still there, though, so the person who sits in the driver seat gets like 15 to life.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
i was gonna go for a kurt russel/death proof thing but yeah hans reiser works good too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've never seen death proof and i didn't follow the hans reiser trial

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

i didn't follow the hans reiser trial

why are you here

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

did yospos even exist in 2007? back then i was only posting in gbs photoshop phriday threads

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sagebrush posted:

didn't follow the hans reiser trial

he killed his wife

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I know that. did he take the seats out of his car to move her body? i don't get the joke

e: wikipedia says yes. ok, i get it now. B- joke

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 28, 2016

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i didn't follow it either

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Oh yeah the ReiserFS dude, I didn't know about the car stuff

Open sores guy is creepy weirdo, shocking I tell you

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

my knowledge of hans reiser begins and ends with

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the hans resier trial was so great

dude was on his way to a near certain acquittal until he insisted that he testify on his behalf (because he wanted to dunk on the prosecutor and show him up for the stupid braindead retarded bozo that he was compared to supergenius hans reiser)

reiser is now serving a life sentence

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

dude was on his way to a near certain acquittal until he insisted that he testify on his behalf (because he wanted to dunk on the prosecutor and show him up for the stupid braindead retarded bozo that he was compared to supergenius hans reiser)

TIL the same defense attorney for the trial I had to go through jury selection for recently was also Reiser's attorney lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FMguru posted:

dunking krueger effect

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Dave Barry books posted:

dunking krueger effect

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Endless Mike posted:

Sagebrush posted:

the honda ridgeline is a fwd minivan platform with a couple of braces welded in so it doesn't turn into a pretzel the first time you try to tow something

despite its considerably limited capabilities, it gets worse gas mileage than an actual body-on-frame truck from general motors

edit:

2016 ford f-150 (full size pickup)
19/26 city/hwy mpg

2016 gmc canyon (midsize pickup)
22/31 city/hwy mpg

2017 honda ridgeline (minivan)
19/26 city/hwy mpg

(the ridgeline also costs more than a canyon or an f150!)

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 29, 2016

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

lancemantis posted:

all computer comparisons exist for people who were going to buy one brand of computer anyway to insult other computer owners in the dumb tribal sports-team that yospos is

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Geocities Name eSports Team

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

I thought this was neat/dark after reading about Hans reiser

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Dave Barry books posted:

dunking krueger effect

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

That fuckin commercial tho: who would buy a truck to dump poo poo in the back and not get like, a rhino liner anyway

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A Yolo Wizard posted:

That fuckin commercial tho: who would buy a truck to dump poo poo in the back and not get like, a rhino liner anyway

the kind of morons who would dump 800 lbs of bricks into their truck from 20 feet in the first place, I assume

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"virtually no damage" dudes, case closed

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kickended is an archive of Kickstarter’s $0-pledged campaigns.

Kickended is the place where campaigns with no backers live a second life. Free from the pressure of money raising, these retain the purity of abstract ideas.

http://kickended.com/

so many broken dreams.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

id like to see kickstarters that fail by a couple bucks for maximum pleasure

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingexecutive posted:

that's close

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

don't stop I'm almost there

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

theflyingexecutive posted:

i prefer the ones that succeed so far beyond what the creators are competent to deal with that they buckle under the weight of the money and collapse into a black hole of anger and recriminations

so basically star citizen and every manufactured thing that wasn't already being mass produced in china

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Soricidus posted:

i prefer the ones that succeed so hard that they buckle under the weight of the money and collapse into a black hole of anger and recriminations

I wonder if you could quantify that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

http://kickended.com/projects/ibelove/

quote:

lack of funds is a nuisance
the epuipment I am using deems to be useless
I will spend the funds on what I need
tools to help me succeed