Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

theblackw0lf posted:

If this holds up in other polls these are really promising numbers for Hillary's outreach to millennials.

https://twitter.com/RonBrownstein/status/781222119086620673

If this gets born out in other polls Trump's in some serious trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Reminder that Parallel Lines was released in 1978,

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
You guys are missing the important part. Conway and Bannon took Trump from ~15% chance to win on RCP to ~40% chance to win, and they're being dumped because it might hurt Trump's business. Does this sound like a man who really wants to be president?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

lozzle posted:

My father would probably strangle you if he heard you say that.

interestingly the anti-disco movement was in large parts actually just a racist movement.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair I support this particular Trump policy in this particular case.

Maybe that's how he'd get Mexico to pay for the wall. Hire Mexicans to build it, then say "This wall sucks, I'm not paying".

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

greatn posted:

I guess Trump wouldn't pay for the F35, he'd just tell Boeing to sit and spin.

remember when obama cancelled a nasa rocket because it was basically a deathtrap if the crew had to abort within the first minute, and the right flipped out about cancelling it?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

he's not gonna dump Conway and Bannon you idiots, it would be nice but it's not going to happen six weeks from the election.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

botany posted:

interestingly the anti-disco movement was in large parts actually just a racist movement.

Homophobic as well. Plus girls liked it so of course it was bad.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

BigglesSWE posted:

I can't loving wait to hear Trump explain away his loss in the election this fall.

"Hillary managed to snatch the White House right in front of me. That makes me smart".

https://twitter.com/mattaukamp/status/755511596047298564

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

he's not gonna dump Conway and Bannon you idiots, it would be nice but it's not going to happen six weeks from the election.

Conway maybe because she's the voice of reason and he's probably pissed that she keeps telling him what he needs to do.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Get ready to Arzy -- Reddit's figured out how Trump can crush Hillary in the upcoming debate.

:ohdear:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

On one hand his chances of doing so are small I agree, and it would be monumentally stupid.

On the other hand, monumentally stupid really doesn't stop an angry Trump.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Oh, if you haven't listened to the new De La Soul, please fix that.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

I mean it's something beyond losing their minds, they actually passed the measure allowing funding for Flint residents so they would have to suddenly change their mind on it. The House is stupid but I don't think they're that stupid.

I wish I still could feel this way.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Aerox posted:

Get ready to Arzy -- Reddit's figured out how Trump can crush Hillary in the upcoming debate.

Also I would pay enormous money to see Trump genuinely try to take Hillary on in policy and detail.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

botany posted:

it was definitely a racist and homophobic movement.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Random thought but I'm just really surprised that in the past two days I haven't seen "temperament" misspelled anywhere. I figured between the Political Cartoon thread and Twitter I would have seen temperment somewhere.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Yeah actually fair enough, disco and Motown too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aerox posted:

please oh dear god get into a policy wonk battle with Hillary, Trump.

Please I want to see nothing more than Trump trying to hang with Hillary on actual policy related matters.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crow Jane posted:

Homophobic as well. Plus girls liked it so of course it was bad.

yeah, anti-disco sentiment was very much part of reactionary white male identity in the 70's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1CP1751wJA

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

GalacticAcid posted:

Neil Young owns

Neil Young absolutely owned in the 60/70/80/90/00s, and now in the 10s, he is unbelievably poo poo.

He also supported Reagan in '80, and then wrote the greatest anti-Reagan song of all time (Rocking in the Free World) in '89. After writing incredible songs against Nixon (Campaigner), Kent State (Ohio), and Southern racism (Alabama, Southern Man) in the 70s. gently caress knows what his politics are other than his lovely electric car. He's probably voting Johnson :smith:

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

greatn posted:

I guess Trump wouldn't pay for the F35, he'd just tell Boeing to sit and spin.

I know there's probably some complex form of arbitration or something that they'd have to go through contractually, but it's satisfying to imagine a president doing just that. It's such an unbelievable boondoggle, it completely boggles my mind that the public isn't enraged by it but they get pissed off if someone buys a Pepsi with their EBT card.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

botany posted:

I can't swear that my father has always had healthy racial views.

I can say from his reaction to Black Lives Matter and Donald Trump in general that if he was a racist then he largely got better.

Hell I even got him to accept that white privilege is a thing.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
It's a good thing that I wasn't elected President. I would've lost way too much money. Bad business! I'm going to go back to winning so much at business that you won't believe it.
-Donald Trump, on Nov 8th, probably

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

botany posted:

white people literally rioted because they didn't like disco music

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Also I would pay enormous money to see Trump genuinely try to take Hillary on in policy and detail.

I just can't stop laughing that they think Hillary isn't prepared to go deep on policy.

Hillary could probably go for 6 hours and not even get through half of her policy details.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Aerox posted:

How to beat Hillary -- be smart and knowledgeable

:lol::lol::lol:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Instant Sunrise posted:

white people literally rioted because they didn't like disco gay and black people music

FTFY

SoSimpleABeginning
Mar 6, 2010

From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
The Great Twist

Aerox posted:

Ah, the ole "learn more in two weeks than what someone learned over a 30 year career" trick. Works every time!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Speaking of weird twitter, what the hell is going on here

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/330359969813770242

and is it too late to make this name happen at a national level

https://twitter.com/RJWinfield/status/779438928432553984?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Also, a needed reminder that things are going on in American politics other than the presidential election:

https://twitter.com/seanmcelwee/status/781201036493094912

"Sets a terrible precedent for future emergency spending"? Jesus what utter ghouls.

Well, we cant set the precedent of trying to help the communities our policies have ravaged, that might mean I cant get as big of a tax break

Dexo posted:

please oh dear god get into a policy wonk battle with Hillary, Trump.

Please I want to see nothing more than Trump trying to hang with Hillary on actual policy related matters.

We saw a little bit of on Monday, he basically just went "what she said, except I'd do it better"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Aerox posted:

Remember how Trump fans were completely confident that he would wipe the floor with her at any debate because of his charisma and charm

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

yeah pretty much

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lote posted:

It's a good thing that I wasn't elected President. I would've lost way too much money. Bad business! I'm going to go back to winning so much at business that you won't believe it.
-Donald Trump, on Nov 8th, probably
*Immediately declares another bankruptcy*

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

pretty sure if he has to restructure his campaign again in October it's pretty much over for him

I mean, this is what we thought when his manager was revealed as a Kremlin plant so he replaced him with loving Breitbart, so I'm in the camp that says Trump can swap his staff as many times as he wants with whoever he wants.

I don't buy the Trump is invincible myth. Most things might not matter but some things definitely do. Trump's staff decisions are one of the former.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

boner confessor posted:

yeah, anti-disco sentiment was very much part of reactionary white male identity in the 70's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1CP1751wJA

Recently, Switched on Pop ( great podcast) did a solid episode about Disco Demolition and how it intertwined with the emergence of the Chicago house scene, and the important role of house music in POC and LGBT spaces. Pro listen

http://www.switchedonpop.com/41-breaking-down-the-house/

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Ciaphas posted:

This triggered the "how hard can it be?" section of my mind and now I'm scared again

Bassetking posted:

I wish I still could feel this way.

Main reason I feel confident about it is that a shutdown caused by House Repubs at this stage in the game would be about the only thing I think that could put the House in play for Dems and they're not dumb enough to act that far out of line with their own self-interest.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Night10194 posted:

If this gets born out in other polls Trump's in some serious trouble.

However, it's a poll about the debate, not about voting intent. And I think we can see already that qualifications are only one of many factors in how people vote.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

WampaLord posted:

I just can't stop laughing that they think Hillary isn't prepared to go deep on policy.

Hillary could probably go for 6 hours and not even get through half of her policy details.

A big part of misogynists is they're incapable of rationally or objectively evaluating the strength and intelligence of a female opponent, because their idea is fundamentally irrational.

The idiot writing that suggestion probably thinks it would be easy because Hillary lacks a manbrain and thus is not nearly as smart, obviously.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-surveys-supporters-advice-debate-clinton-scandals-228853 Trump sent a 30-question survey to his supporters about what to hit Clinton on at the next debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

emdash posted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/trump-surveys-supporters-advice-debate-clinton-scandals-228853 Trump sent a 30-question survey to his supporters about what to hit Clinton on at the next debate

:allears:

• Locked thread