Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Game: Heroes of Harmony
System: Masks
Players: 1-2 sets of 4-6 players each.
Format: PBP
Description: Keep the peace in the city of Harmonia as the second generation of The Heroes of Harmony, where the worlds of fantasy and technology collide.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Game: Lies of the Empire
System: Star Wars FF RPGs
Players: 1
Format: Roll 20 through Google Hangouts
Meeting time: Sundays at 9:00 am PST / 12:00 pm EST / 5:00 pm UST
Description: Use the Force to help the Republic fight the good fight against the Empire.

Just need a replacement player or maybe two. This game is more Force focused and right now we need someone who can do more combat stuff as about 1.5 of the current party can fight well. We're at 215 earned xp now so you can be anything from a decorated empire convert, an old jedi who hid from order 66, or a state-of-the-art war droid. If you're interested you could also play an inquisitor who the party's probably talked away from the dark side, though I'd have to power him down a bit for balance. The party just found out about the inquisition, the players have found 3 force artifacts and the party droid owns a medium corporation.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Aches the Earth
System: The Quiet Year
Format: PbP
Players: 3-4 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world some time after the fall of our civilisation. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Game: Persona Burst; All Your Wildest Dreams, Nevermind the Interest
System: Magical Burst 4.0
Players: 4, I'll run two teams if there's enough interest.
Description: It's the first semester of college. Before you can worry about a syllabus strange rumors give way to strange dreams to even stranger events. Someone is offering anything you could possibly want, as long as you can match their price. Hunt down twisted dreams and desires spawned by an unstable arcane confluence and form the resulting slag into your wildest dream. It's an investment and will pay itself off in no time just like the college loans... right?
Magical Burst is a game normally about magical girls featuring dangerous and unstable magic. The characters will be invoking personas instead of transforming into magical girls.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Game: Glory in the Black Game thread
System: Stars Without Number (it's free!)
Players: Currently 3, looking for a few more
A fairly recently started campaign, we're on page 4. Two players had to drop out due to time reasons. Looking for more to join an intrepid bunch to seek first revenge, then riches, then glory. I've got a somewhat dark writing style but am trying to mix in some levity too. Currently we have an old naval officer turned brain in a box in a military armature, a thief and a medic from a nomadic tribe. They're about to go to a high society party, which is a perfect time to introduce new characters.

The former DM of this has unfortunately had real life sneak up on him, so had to stop running this game. If you're interested in running a Stars Without Number game, we could use a new DM! Aside from a few player changes the details from his last post are largely unchanged, but are:
Game: Game Thread / OOC Thread
System: Stars Without Number (the core edition is free)
Players: Currently 4. If you've seen Burn Notice, RoboCop, Deadpool, and what I can only assume is a weird cross between Tony Hawk and Minority Report, you'll understand the theme of our party.

The game thread is currently 14 pages deep, but we've just finished the second arc, and have essentially stopped a global coup from taking place. It's as decent a transition point as any for someone new to take the reins. Stars Without Number is definitely a bit of a sandbox game so you'd probably need to read the thread to date to get an idea for what we've accomplished and its potential ramifications. Normally I'd just let the game die but we have fairly active players and a decent narrative going so far, so it'd be nice to keep it going if we can. Maybe join #stolen on SynIRC if you're potentially interested in running and want to talk to a few of the players. Otherwise I'll order the flowers for the funeral.

Waador fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 13, 2016

ForgedIron
Oct 15, 2013

Deez Nutz
Game: A Path of Crystals
System: Ryuutama
Players: 2-5 ATM
Narrators: AS MANY AS I CAN GET
Description: Gaia is cracked into multiple tiny crystals, each one a small world unto itself. Will you travel the crystals? This is a Ryuutama world that I want to try to get multiple narrators going on, Since Ryuutama has rules for persistent DM's I want to create a neat little universe for people to tell stories in. The story I want to run is a desperate race to bring a mcguffin to what's left of Gaia before your home crystal dies.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Game: Bona fide Heroes
System: D&D 4E
Players: 5-6
Description: You saved someone from an assassination attempt, and garnered a reputation for it as heroes. So act like one.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Game: Equites of Calypso
System:Only War
Format:PBP
Players:4-5
Description: Be frontier lawmen in a Knights of Cydonia inspired frontier world with laserguns and FRONTIER JUSTICE.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Game: Boondoggle
System: Fiasco
Format: Roll20
Players: Got three. Could use one or two more euros.
Description: A Roll20 group where we play Fiasco playsets in EU timezone evenings. We've got two euros and an american who's willing to play in our timezone. Could use at least one more euro and, I suspect, if two or more Americans show up, you'd have enough for a second group in your own timezone.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 18, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Emperor In Exile, Republic In Remnants
System: Fantasy Flight Star Wars
Format: Play-By-Post
Players: 4 Players
Description: A legacy era game, it will focus on the Fel-Remnant alliance and their attempts to overthrow the Sith Empire. Essentially, it's the Galactic Civil War all over again except with more of everything.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 6, 2017

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Game: Journey of the Apostles
System: basically just a d20
Format: Play-by-Post
Players: 5 main players, participation of a variable amount of other people
Description: A group of people attempt to reach the western edge of the known world, where one will be granted a wish. Most will probably die along the way; they will be replaced by the posters who killed them.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Game: Assault on the Mountains of Madness
System: Achtung! Cthulhu (Savage Worlds)
Players: 6-8 Players, potentially with backup characters down the line.
Description: At the tail end of World War II after Hitler has died and Nazi Germany is on the ropes, the occult secret war rages on more dangerously and desperately than ever--and pursuing the findings of the ill-fated expeditions into Antarctica, the Black Sun and Nachtwölfe forces of Nazi Germany will stop at nothing in one final mad gambit to emerge victorious. Sign on for the joint Allied and Soviet operation hastening to the bleak perils of Antarctica to battle the Third Reich in the most dangerous theatre of war yet. Face Nazis, occult conspiracies, monstrous forces and ancient horrors, as well as the very land itself in a bid to save the world from cosmic Armageddon!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Game: Transient Atmospheric Phenomena
System: Fragged Empire
PbP
4-6 players.

Let's learn how to play Fragged Empire. Strong on player guidance, so I guess now's the chance to infiltrate your horrible fetish into a game about spaceships, psychic furries and multi-elves.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Game: Even Darkness Must Pass
System: D&D 4e w/ house rules
Players: 4, probably
Description: You know what's great? 4e. You know what's less great about 4e? The red queen's race of levels and damage and increasingly-wonky math, and the shaky, weak rules for noncombat narrative. So I'm making clumsy, ham-handed attempts to fix both, and attaching them to a game with a theme best summed up by that one LotR quote from Sam Gamgee. It's not a sandbox game, but players will have a lot of control over the narrative, so we'll see what happens with whatever vague plans about plot I may or may not have.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Game: The Age of the Country at War part 2
System: CYOA
Format : Play-by-Post
Players: As many as possible!
Description: Japan in the mid-1540's is in a bad spot. Warlords are everywhere, everyone's fighting everyone else, and then there's you. Trained by a solitary monk for years in the arts of war and strategy, maybe you can help bring peace to the country?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Game: Iphigenia's Children
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 4-6
Description: Come be disaffected monster teens in an underground bunker. In space. What can go wrong?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: Solo Hero
System: Labyrinth Lord
Players: 1!
Description: Play-by-posts are cool. Waiting around for other people to catch up to the thread is decidedly less cool. I would like to try a game of just me and one other player doing a back-and-forth, and seeing where that takes us. As a bonus, we get to test-out a set of rules that are supposed to make characters feel more superheroic!

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Game: Traveller: BTC
System: Traveller (Cepheus Engine, Mongoose Traveller 2e, or Traveller5)
Players: 1+
Description: Come roam the spacelanes of 70s-inspired SF! Be a merchant prince, a mercenary captain, an asteroid miner, or anything in between! If you're adventurous, groggy, and have money to burn, play Traveller5!

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 5, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Poison Mushroom posted:

Game: Even Darkness Must Pass
System: D&D 4e w/ house rules
Players: 4, probably
Description: You know what's great? 4e. You know what's less great about 4e? The red queen's race of levels and damage and increasingly-wonky math, and the shaky, weak rules for noncombat narrative. So I'm making clumsy, ham-handed attempts to fix both, and attaching them to a game with a theme best summed up by that one LotR quote from Sam Gamgee. It's not a sandbox game, but players will have a lot of control over the narrative, so we'll see what happens with whatever vague plans about plot I may or may not have.
Under advice, I have toned back the house rules significantly. Apps are open for a while yet!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Game: Adventures in the Wilderland
System: The One Ring
Players: 3-5 players (possibly two groups of 3)
Description: Go be heroes in Middle Earth. Smaug has been defeated, the Battle of Five Armies has been won, and Bilbo has returned to the Shire. But much danger still remains, and from the Orc-holds of the mountains to the dark and corrupt depths of Mirkwood a darkness waits, recovering its strength, laying its plans, and slowly extending its shadow.

The Free People of the North meanwhile think themselves safe and give little thought to rumors of a spreading Shadow over Rhovanian. They will need heroes soon, beacons of hope and unity against the evil which festers in the dark corners of the world.

edit: Recruitment extended.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Oct 3, 2016

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: Gutermuth Academy
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 4-5
Description: You've enrolled in an isolated private school and also you're a teen monster. Nothing can go wrong here!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mors Rattus posted:

Game: Eternal Sunshine
System: Fragged Empire
Format: PBP with Roll20 maps
Description: Help a poor, sad old robot rediscover his past. Help rebuild the galaxy. Become a neochaeologist today!

We have lost a player, so there is now one slot open.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Game: Legends of the Hidden Tomb
System: Temple style Mafia
Players: Need 1 single and 2 (2 player) teams
Description: Come and try a fun mafia variation, new players welcome.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Game: The Baying of the Hounds
System: OW
Players: lovely ones
Description: Come and get murdered by space furries

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Game: Hunter the Vigil - Even Stranger Things
System: Hunter: The Vigil
Descriptions: Play a member of VASCU in the Albany field office, in 1986.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: Legendary Tower
System: D&D 5E
Format: PbP + Roll20
Description: Long ago legends walked the land, then they disappeared. Later deadly towers arose and those who successfully clear one rise to new legends. Are you up for the challenge? Also have a chance to test out my Legendary Hero class.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Game: Living in the Wake of Ash
System: Apocalypse World 2nd ED
Description: The world burned, and now you're stuck in the ruins. So, let's see what kind of crazy assholes are stuck in this ash pile of a world.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Game: Hurray for the Riff Raff!
System: Masks
Players: 4-6, with the potential for a second group.
Description: You are a group of small-town friends... and heroes! What happens when you get called up to the big city? Drama! Introspection! Heroics!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Game: [Dungeon World] The Odd Party at the End of the World [PbP/Discord]
System: Dungeon World
Format: PbP/Discord
Players: 2-4
Description: You play a group of adventurers who really hate one another but have to work as a party to stop a monster evangelist from banging the moon and earth together. PvP encouraged!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

ibntumart posted:

Game: Adventures in the Wilderland
System: The One Ring
Players: 3-5 players (possibly two groups of 3)
Description: Go be heroes in Middle Earth. Smaug has been defeated, the Battle of Five Armies has been won, and Bilbo has returned to the Shire. But much danger still remains, and from the Orc-holds of the mountains to the dark and corrupt depths of Mirkwood a darkness waits, recovering its strength, laying its plans, and slowly extending its shadow.

The Free People of the North meanwhile think themselves safe and give little thought to rumors of a spreading Shadow over Rhovanian. They will need heroes soon, beacons of hope and unity against the evil which festers in the dark corners of the world.

edit: Recruitment extended.

Hey, other people should app to this because the system is really neat and fairly easy to learn. Ibntumart is a good GM so come check the game out.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Game: [PTU 1.05] Mr Fuji's Wild Ride
System: Pokemon Tabletop United 1.05
Format: PbP and/or IRC, with roll20 for either
Players: 3-5
Description: Be a tourist in a pokemon-themed theme park, collect park medallions, try to win totally not rigged games, have fun!

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Game:[Urban Shadows] Storming Seattle
System: Urban Shadows
Format: PbP & Discord
Players: 1-3
Description: Looking to replace some posters that dropped out. 1-3 new posters for a fairly fast paced PBP game about surviving and thriving in a flooded warzone Seattle.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Game: [Shadowrun FATE] SINless in Seattle
System: Mostly FATE Core
Format: Discord Voice and Chat
Time: Saturday 4-8 PST
Players: 3-5
Description: It doesn’t matter who you were, you’re not a person anymore. You’re SIN-less, nobody, nothing. Maybe you want to take back your life. Maybe you want to hurt the people who wronged you. Maybe you just want to live another day. You were thrown out of the light. Now you run in the shadows.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Game: How the West Was Won
System: Exalted 3e
Format: Roll20
Time: Tuesdays 6-11 EST
Players: 1-3
Description: Join an already running game! Sail the Western Seas! Fight a Circle of Infernal Exalts and their dread army! Yell at Lunars! Eat delicious food prepared by a sentient pterodactyl!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Game: PDQ Throne of Bel - Summon Devils for Fun and for Profit!
System: PDQ
Description: Ever play SMT or DDS? tl;dr Fight/Trashtalk/Summon devils while trying to fight your way out of a major metropolitan area while under attack by other Summoners and devils alike. Or maybe kill God. That happens a lot in those games... Experience with PDQ, 9/11, or SMT not required.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Game: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Cuore Azzurro
System: Cortex+ Heroic
Players: 3-6?
Description: It's 1988, you're about to enjoy a fine evening at the Milan Fashion Week gala, when a most bizarre adventure is about to begin. It's JJBA as a tabletop rpg, complete with puzzle fights and excessive posing!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game: We're in this Together
System: FFG 40k Deathwatch
Players: 3-6ish
Description: Me and other forums person John Dyne are doing an episodic take on Deathwatch where he and I take turns running Deathwatch adventures with the same crew of astartes. The logistics alone doom it to failure, but let us try anyway!

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Game: Shield Against the Void
System: 4E D&D
Description: This is a game about epic heroes (you) fighting against the power of the Void and the forces that attempt to use it. The setting is a fantasy world on the edge of scientific and magical revolution. It's not Eberron, yet, but it's not your typical indeterminate middle ages either. Late 18th-early 19th century-ish technology wise. Your characters are heroes of some stripe already, but your destiny is far greater. You will become Epics, the type of heroes who can shatter mountains with a blow and wrest the gods of darkness from their thrones.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Ryuujin posted:

Game: [D&D 5e] Curse of Strahd!
System: D&D 5e
Format: PbP + Roll20
Description: Enter the mists, fight werewolves and monsters, save damsels and fight the legendary Count Strahd von Zarovich as you traverse the dread plane of Ravenloft!

Reopening the recruitment, looking for 1 or 2 more characters of 3rd level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Game: X-CRAWL: Umber Hulkamania
System: Strike!
Format: PbP & Roll20
Description: Dungeon crawling as a modern extreme sport! Fight monsters on TV!