Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Inzombiac posted:

Counterpoint:
I bought some of those and, perhaps due to a manufacturing error, tore up my tendons and are 100% unwearable.
I could not return them to Macy's either since I had worn them on the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Anyone own a decent bluetooth shower speaker?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

.Z. posted:

Anyone have opinions regarding wool comforters vs down comforters?

I'm looking to replace my current ikea synthetic comforter and started down the rabbit hole of research. And the big two that popped out were down for fluffiness and wool for moisture wicking/temperature regulation. Not really sure what I should go with.

PENDLETON, AGAIN

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Always Pendleton.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

colas posted:

Logitech UE Boom

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

colas posted:

pendleton

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

ArmZ posted:

pendleton

Aww no longer available
http://www.pendleton-usa.com/product/LEATHER-BLUETOOTH-SPEAKER/172956/fs/true.uts

colas
Feb 14, 2007

gently caress. Well any suggestions for one < $100?
I don't need to drop $100+ on something I'll only use in the shower.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Inzombiac posted:

So if you want good formal shoes, Bostonian and Ecco.

These are also good for your cosplay outfit at dadcon 2k16

KoB
May 1, 2009

colas posted:

Ive got:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017JY0UTU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But it just sits in the shower not getting actively wet.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

colas posted:

Does it actually have to sit in the shower? Could you just get a regular speaker and set it on your vanity/toilet tank/on the floor in front of your shower/etc?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

colas posted:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HDVLHTQ/ can get wet and works well enough to be useful in places like backyards and garages as well. I set it on the shelf when I take a shower, it's directly in the shower's stream, and it runs fine. The bike-mount version for a dollar more is the same thing, with a detachable bike mount.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What's a good food flask/lunchbox that's watertight and keeps food hot or cold? Trying to cut down on costs by not spending £5+ a day on lunch. Something that could hold soups/stews but also random pasta dishes and salads and whatever.

I've got my eye on this (I love the integrated spoon), but want to see if there is anything else out there I should consider.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Frankston posted:

What's a good food flask/lunchbox that's watertight and keeps food hot or cold? Trying to cut down on costs by not spending £5+ a day on lunch. Something that could hold soups/stews but also random pasta dishes and salads and whatever.

I've got my eye on this (I love the integrated spoon), but want to see if there is anything else out there I should consider.

You might like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000UEO9ZS/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M1ECQZ0/

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

The Zojirushi lunch jars are great. I've had a 4 bowl Mr Bento for years.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Lawen posted:

The Zojirushi lunch jars are great. I've had a 4 bowl Mr Bento for years.

:agreed:

Furcifer
Apr 20, 2007
It's Furcifer, not Lucifer
Recommendation for a pair of in-ear headphones with a microphone? I've been using the one that came with my Sony Z3 for a while and I tore one of the earpieces apart. Need a replacement. Not looking for something extreme, but good value would be appreciated.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I need a recommendation for a DVD case case. Not a case, or a binder, but like a protective travel case for like 100-200 in slim cases. Preferably a high ratio of quality:price.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Furcifer posted:

Recommendation for a pair of in-ear headphones with a microphone? I've been using the one that came with my Sony Z3 for a while and I tore one of the earpieces apart. Need a replacement. Not looking for something extreme, but good value would be appreciated.

I only listen to podcasts and I find the Skullcandy Ink'd ones to be fine. They're only around $10 so it's okay to lose or break them. I've had a couple pairs and only one minor issue.

If you want something great for music, avoid them.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Inzombiac posted:

Counterpoint:
I bought some of those and, perhaps due to a manufacturing error, tore up my tendons and are 100% unwearable.
I could not return them to Macy's either since I had worn them on the street.

Just fyi if you still have the box or receipt Macy's will take them back. Source: I work there

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

I need a recommendation for a DVD case case. Not a case, or a binder, but like a protective travel case for like 100-200 in slim cases. Preferably a high ratio of quality:price.

How sturdy, like does it need to survive being checked as luggage, or just tossed in your car?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

How sturdy, like does it need to survive being checked as luggage, or just tossed in your car?

Car. It should probably lock, too. This will be used as a repository of games at a convention in our office.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Are those two left shoes?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

signalnoise posted:

Car. It should probably lock, too. This will be used as a repository of games at a convention in our office.

Look at like a double deep pistol case then. You will have to cut the foam a bit to get everything in and secure but they run like $20-50 and while not as sturdy as a pelican case, are good for lite/medium duty stuff.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

we are the Funyuns posted:

No they just look like crap.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Geoj posted:

Does it actually have to sit in the shower? Could you just get a regular speaker and set it on your vanity/toilet tank/on the floor in front of your shower/etc?

IT'S GOTTA BE IN THE SHOWER WITH ME OR NOTHIN.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I have the UE Boom which isn't waterproof but it is when I put it in a ziplock bag. I did that after it vibrated itself off the edge and into the tub once.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm looking for a big book on folk medicine. History, alleged treatment, as much as I can get.
Bonus points if the book doesn't claim that any of them work. Just as a neat historical reference.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I need a piece of software that helps with making shift schedules. I only need it for a 5 day period though. I need to make a schedule using 3 different staff types and a total of about 40 people. Bonus points if it can be used in real time as a clock-in clock-out system.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

we are the Funyuns posted:

It's Eugene Levy's character from Best in Show, who had two left feet.

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

signalnoise posted:

I need a piece of software that helps with making shift schedules. I only need it for a 5 day period though. I need to make a schedule using 3 different staff types and a total of about 40 people. Bonus points if it can be used in real time as a clock-in clock-out system.

https://alternativeto.net/software/ganttproject/

I haven't actually tried any of these programs :pseudo:

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Anyone have a suggestion for an air purifier that will remove dust from a litter box from the air? I have my cat's litter box in a closet in one of the rooms in my house and that room gets really dusty really fast, from all the dust the liter creates. I want an air filter that will deal with this (if possible). I looked at the sweethome but I think their suggestions are way overkill since it's only one small room I need it for. Looking for under $100, with HEPA filters preferably since that's what I read was good.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You might want to consider using better litter, like the clumping kind that doesn't create giant clouds of dust. I used to use a clay litter and it was terrible but I haven't had dust clouds since switching to clumping / flushable.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Bhodi posted:

You might want to consider using better litter, like the clumping kind that doesn't create giant clouds of dust. I used to use a clay litter and it was terrible but I haven't had dust clouds since switching to clumping / flushable.

What brand do you use?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

turbomoose posted:

What brand do you use?
I've used both fresh step and tidy cats; I suspect they're all generally the same. There seem to be various amazon reviews for people who are really sensitive to dust, if you google around. Try https://www.amazon.com/forum/cats?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3BHSNMXT6GC07&cdThread=Tx1W2C9UXLREMUS

Regardless, even the ones they consider dusty aren't even close to your standard inexpensive clay-based cat litter.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 17:33 on Oct 7, 2016

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
If it's just for one room you might try strapping a furnace panel filter onto a basic box fan (filter attached to the front of the fan.) It's surprisingly effective.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

In the vein of dustless cat litter I've been buying natures miracle brand for the cat and haven't noticed any dust issues and I believe they advertise it as dustless.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Anyone have a thread or web page recommendation for organizing the myriad of online accounts I have to better work with Google's ecosystem?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

signalnoise posted:

Anyone have a thread or web page recommendation for organizing the myriad of online accounts I have to better work with Google's ecosystem?

Not quite sure what you mean, but perhaps LastPass? It stores all credentials securely and it's searchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I mean I want to use as few services as possible to handle the most utility possible, by using Google. I have like 5 email accounts alone, and only 2 of them are gmail.