Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Anyone here actually know anyone who got int rouble for using a parser and being a poo poo about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

There was a reddit thread by a guy who was like "but I never talk about it, why'd I get suspended?!?!?!" and then in the comments it came out that by "never talk about it" he meant he talked about it in a ls, in party chat, in a raid, and a couple of times in general or some poo poo.

Sweet Gulch
May 8, 2007

That metaphor just went somewhere horrible.
So, I played SMN & SCH back at ARR release and quit when I got to King Moggle Mog. Some friends started playing for the first time and I resubbed, leveling a PLD for our dungeon group. My PLD just hit 50 but my friends haven't caught up to me in the MSQ yet. I don't have anything unlocked from Heavensward - is there anything I should be doing besides levelling other classes in the meantime? I'm pretty casual these days. I like the fact that my PLD had a higher ilevel than my SMN immediately upon hitting 50. :v:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
that was "riiiiiiight", as in "right, i'm an idiot", not "i don't believe you"

and cross-class stoneskin is necessary-ish for a7s and i kept forgetting to take it off again

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i am tim! posted:

Overall, I'm not sure how I feel about the WoD bit. I agree that it felt like it was over too quickly, but truthfully I was worried their arc would end up getting old rather quick before. Of course I can only speculate as to where else they could go, but the WoD struck me as a rather direct threat. Skirting around a conclusion with all of our encounters would have been difficult to do without diminishing either their threat or the player's agency. I think they could've handled it better, just not entirely sure how.

I do kinda like that the player's "Try try again" version of the Echo is exactly how it works.

And WoD's static couldn't take you down even with full echo. smdh

Also would it have been so unbalancing for alphinaud to be programmed to keep his dots up, that was some shameful arcany.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Something I sort of noticed last night on getting a couple of dungeon upgrades but am only now realizing:

getting materia for new gear is going to ruin me for what little gil (500k atm) I have :saddowns:

running mhach on a weekly basis will give you materia at almost exactly the same rate that you get scripture gear. i wouldn't recommend seriously melding anything with a lower level than that stuff, so it works out for the most part.

wondrous tails also has mhachi matter as a reward option, so that should accelerate your materia stocking as well (provided you're ready and willing to clear thornmarch ex with pubs each week)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sweet Gulch posted:

So, I played SMN & SCH back at ARR release and quit when I got to King Moggle Mog. Some friends started playing for the first time and I resubbed, leveling a PLD for our dungeon group. My PLD just hit 50 but my friends haven't caught up to me in the MSQ yet. I don't have anything unlocked from Heavensward - is there anything I should be doing besides levelling other classes in the meantime? I'm pretty casual these days. I like the fact that my PLD had a higher ilevel than my SMN immediately upon hitting 50. :v:
Do Hildibrand if you haven't yet, that's fun. Level up your beast tribes maybe, if you wanna do anima later on you'll be glad you did. gently caress around in Palace of the Dead, breed racing chocobos. If you really hate yourself you can grind on a relic while they catch up.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Venuz Patrol posted:

running mhach on a weekly basis will give you materia at almost exactly the same rate that you get scripture gear. i wouldn't recommend seriously melding anything with a lower level than that stuff, so it works out for the most part.

wondrous tails also has mhachi matter as a reward option, so that should accelerate your materia stocking as well (provided you're ready and willing to clear thornmarch ex with pubs each week)

Yeah I was beginning to think 'just don't meld lore and dungeon gear, you dingus' was going to be the correct answer :v:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Verranicus posted:

So is there any legitimate reason for miners/botanists to be rapidly hopping from node to node, clicking once and them immediately mounting and flying to the next one? Or are these bots?

I do this when I'm hunting for a specific node bonus like +2 gathering attempts, or gathering yield +1, as well as the Ephermeral node stuff other people mentioned.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

sword_man.gif posted:

fanfest in two weeks ya'll, anyone else goin?

Not me!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Vana'dielightful is amazing. Good job.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Verranicus posted:

So is there any legitimate reason for miners/botanists to be rapidly hopping from node to node, clicking once and them immediately mounting and flying to the next one? Or are these bots?

It resets the node. I do this all the time when looking for hidden things like maps or seeds.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I want to post some funny pictures, but they're story-related so I have to spoiler them. Mouseover at your own risk, I guess?

This is acceptable wear for a dinner date, right?

Skullcrusher Mountain: Master of Disguise.

Sweet Gulch
May 8, 2007

That metaphor just went somewhere horrible.

homeless snail posted:

Do Hildibrand if you haven't yet, that's fun. Level up your beast tribes maybe, if you wanna do anima later on you'll be glad you did. gently caress around in Palace of the Dead, breed racing chocobos. If you really hate yourself you can grind on a relic while they catch up.

I hadn't even thought of Hildibrand! Thanks!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I gotta come on these Forums to praise you guys for a fantastic story, the best one so far, in my opinion. Thank you for taking the time to think carefully about this world and the characters--they are your characters but they are 'ours' too, in a way, being in this story for so long and being so emotionally invested in it.

I want to praise you in particular for the way, in some of this patch's cutscenes, you let us pick from multiple dialogue options. This is huge to me. For example, when you and Alisae are having an intimate conversation, you can bring up one of three different aspects to your adventures. And she reacts, AT LENGTH, to whichever option you choose! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this so much, thank you SO MUCH for this, this gives us SO much more depth as a protagonist and makes us feel like we're doing so much more in this world, that we MEAN so much more in these characters' lives, than a simple stoic head-nod.

It is my humble request, whenever possible, that you include dialogue options like this in the future. They don't have to be long huge obscene branching trees, but real differences in selection, with real differences in how the NPCs react to them, is an excellent touch that I really appreciate.

In addition, I have one final request...

In a future patch, let me see Minfilia again, and--in a dialogue selection branch like the one you've implemented here, let me say that I love her. Let me select the actual words "I love you Minfilia" on a dialogue tree, and let her react to it. I've been waiting to say these words since 1.0, devs, don't let my character be that guy who never says those words and they turn out to never get spoken. Don't make me just 'imagine' I said it to myself with a knowing head-nod + smile, don't make me resort to fanfiction.

Let me say those words, and let her react to them. Hnnng.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Goddammit I love these. Does anyone have the collection of them anywhere?

Also I don't remember, was it Fanfest when they did the big Heavensward reveal with the classes and so on? I can't wait for another one of those so I can do what I did with Heavensward and get hype for the new class that turns out lovely and not care at all about the good ones.

Farg posted:

Let me say those words, and let her react to them. Hnnng.

Same only Hoary Boulder.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So each challenge has an equal chance of getting each seal right?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
So who can I bug on Balmung for a linkshell invite?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Meldonox posted:

Goddammit I love these. Does anyone have the collection of them anywhere?

Also I don't remember, was it Fanfest when they did the big Heavensward reveal with the classes and so on? I can't wait for another one of those so I can do what I did with Heavensward and get hype for the new class that turns out lovely and not care at all about the good ones.

Same only Hoary Boulder.

A twitter was put together for them, @ffxiv_kelly, though I guess this is maybe not a goon edit?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Ciaphas posted:

So how much is blind-healing Sophia normal and Creator (later this week, I'm only at 223 atm :() going to make me hate people

I blind-tanked Sophia normal (thanks trial roulette) and did fine. As long as someone gives you the quick rundown and you don't derp too much you'll be okay.

Also the Squadron actually made me go and do chocobo racing for the first time in months. And now I'm finally doing PotD for Wondrous Tails. This patch is good for making you go do old content.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I still don't have a single squadron member after two days of roulettes, wtf.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

I still don't have a single squadron member after two days of roulettes, wtf.

It's challenge log-based, not just roulettes. I wish it was less RNG though, I admit.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

A twitter was put together for them, @ffxiv_kelly, though I guess this is maybe not a goon edit?

I did the edit myself, but the Twitter account is run by Seiferguy. I've done a couple of these. Three or four, I think, but I know Seifer wanted to ask permission to post other people's edits on Twitter, which I totally give.

Verranicus posted:

Vana'dielightful is amazing. Good job.

Thanks. I was pretty happy with it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Rhymenoserous posted:

So who can I bug on Balmung for a linkshell invite?

Calto Aldis

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

There was a reddit thread by a guy who was like "but I never talk about it, why'd I get suspended?!?!?!" and then in the comments it came out that by "never talk about it" he meant he talked about it in a ls, in party chat, in a raid, and a couple of times in general or some poo poo.

What, never? Hardly ever.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It would not surprise me if this game goes free to play in 6 more months, or if by FanFest, that was the announcement on stage. It would also not surprise me if the information released at FanFest caused the player base to immediately drop because the content will not change or make a difference.

I could literally go away from the game for a full year, and come back in a week and be caught up. That's pretty sad. I dont necessarily want FFXIs time sink, but Id like more to do with my main class as Dark Knight that doesnt revolve around doing savage once a week and then logging off again.

I want to spend time in this game. But once I get all my tome gear, I stop doing dungeons. Once I get my savage clear, I stop doing that. I NEED something to do!

However, Im taking a path that I know similar players plan to do. Depending on what is announced at FanFest and the next expansion will be whether or not I resub after Oct 16th.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SL the Pyro posted:

post the best dinner date wear ya got

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
So am I missing something with apartments? You can't sleep, you can't store things, if you log out in the room when you log back in you're in front of the building. At least I got my cool Morbol book case and rug.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

So am I missing something with apartments? You can't sleep, you can't store things, if you log out in the room when you log back in you're in front of the building. At least I got my cool Morbol book case and rug.
Housing is just another kind of dress up.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SL the Pyro posted:

is there some kind of screenshot setting or something? how does this look so good?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there some kind of screenshot setting or something? how does this look so good?

get a good video card and turn the graphic settings to maximum?

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Something I sort of noticed last night on getting a couple of dungeon upgrades but am only now realizing:

getting materia for new gear is going to ruin me for what little gil (500k atm) I have :saddowns:

Highest-tier dailies for 2.x combat beast tribes (Amalj'aa, Sylph, Kobold, Sahagin) reward your choice from a selection (depending on the specific daily) of tier 4 combat materia. Up to 12 per day from that, assuming you're not using beast tribe allowances for other things, and assuming every single daily offers a materia type of interest to you.

Mhachi Matter and Gelmorran Potsherd can be traded for any tier 5 combat materia you please. Potsherds come from Palace of the Dead (one guaranteed on clearing floor 50, and every now and then you get one from a bronze chest inside). PotD can be spammed as much as you have patience for.

You get a guaranteed Mhachi Matter from Weeping City once per week, and you can get two more from Wondrous Tails (new content with this patch) if you manage to make at least one line on your card.

For Wondrous Tails, It's a choice between two Mhachi Matter and one Mhachi Demimatter, which can be traded for any tier 5 crafting/gathering materia. If crafting/gathering tier 5 materia go for more than 2x the price of your desired combat tier 5 materia on the market board, you'll be better off taking demimatter instead, turning it into crafting/gathering materia, selling that, and buying 2 combat materia.

If you go to Diadem and do combat there (rare; it's mostly used for gathering these days), getting brass sky pirate spoils in the process, you can trade 3 for a tier 3 combat materia, 10 for a tier 4 materia, or 20 for a tier 5 materia.

Vil fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 29, 2016

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Verranicus posted:

It would not surprise me if this game goes free to play in 6 more months, or if by FanFest, that was the announcement on stage. It would also not surprise me if the information released at FanFest caused the player base to immediately drop because the content will not change or make a difference.

I could literally go away from the game for a full year, and come back in a week and be caught up. That's pretty sad. I dont necessarily want FFXIs time sink, but Id like more to do with my main class as Dark Knight that doesnt revolve around doing savage once a week and then logging off again.

I want to spend time in this game. But once I get all my tome gear, I stop doing dungeons. Once I get my savage clear, I stop doing that. I NEED something to do!

However, Im taking a path that I know similar players plan to do. Depending on what is announced at FanFest and the next expansion will be whether or not I resub after Oct 16th.

a good of safari

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

a good of safari

It would be pretty funny if the big announcement at Fanfest wasn't 4.0 but the game going F2P.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

That was a good MSQ. The writers and localizers are really getting good at this.

oh god the rockdad feels that kinda got me in the gut

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

That was a good MSQ. The writers and localizers are really getting good at this.

oh god the rockdad feels that kinda got me in the gut

Yeah, that genuinely caught me off-guard.

I finished A11 20 minutes before maintenance and I figured there's no way I'd be able to get an A12 queue, clear it, and watch the cutscene. Argh.

vOv fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 29, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dr Snofeld posted:

I think this got lost last night so gonna ask again.

It would help if you actually asked a question.

Start buying glass fibers with your kupo nuts (using them to buy level 58 gear was a huge waste to be frank, you could have bought them easily with blue scrip). Gather or buy other materials that you need for ironworks gear, and then get a 3* crafter to make it for you. That gear is omniclass and will last you for the rest of the expansion and probably halfway to level 70 in 4.0. If you're on Excalibur, there are lots of people who can do this for you.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

new gpose is real nice and easy to work with

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
so shanoa is an agent of time sent to eorzea by alexander to prevent time from unmaking itself in the hands of the illuminati

god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Well, I've spent atleast 2 hours today helping pubs run 3 different Alexander fights spanning a good 10-11 wipes in the process. I haven't lot more than a 20 on a crank, and I lost a Toy Alexander 94 to 95. The struggle is real.

Really want to get a crank though, I don't give a single poo poo about the body or pants pieces and after the first two weeks it'll mean I will only have to run Alexander for the weekly Gear. Guess I'll work more with it tomorrow.

• Locked thread