Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

She's gonna bitchslap Mottom again, but using the full power of the key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I suspect we may be gearing up for her to chew Mottom the gently caress out again.

Though it is very Anime, your ability to monologue is extremely inhibited by rapid blood loss.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

A big flaming stink posted:

Though it is very Anime, your ability to monologue is extremely inhibited by rapid blood loss exsanguination.

Reparo!

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 28, 2016

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

Though it is very Anime, your ability to monologue is extremely inhibited by rapid blood loss.

Pshh, next you'll say that being decapitated kills you.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Allison gonna choke a witch.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
I just realized Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jacck Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna Esquire is there. With his pipe. :allears:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, either White Chain is surprisingly light, or sacrifice-girl is hella strong.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Darth Walrus posted:

Also, either White Chain is surprisingly light, or sacrifice-girl is hella strong.

Sacrifice girl is holding onto White Chain, but White Chain's actually supporting her weight by holding onto the ship's railing there.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Allison does a sick backflip while flipping the double-bird. Her key flares into a bright pair of kingly stunner shades, before she and her entire party teleport to safety. Morton shrivels away on the wind.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Green Intern posted:

Allison does a sick backflip while flipping the double-bird. Her key flares into a bright pair of kingly stunner shades, before she and her entire party teleport to safety. Morton shrivels away on the wind.

poo poo, just being together enough to deal out sick burns after you've been stabbed 20 times is impressive in itself.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

If Allison teleports her party I really hope she goes back to her flat. I want to see her roommates freak out about the weird cosplayers she met in the Grand Canyon.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Jetamo posted:

I just realized Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jacck Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna Esquire is there. With his pipe. :allears:

Technically it's her pipe now since blue devils are female.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Demiurge4 posted:

If Allison teleports her party I really hope she goes back to her flat. I want to see her roommates freak out about the weird cosplayers she met in the Grand Canyon.

I kind of want Allison to teleport back to her flat after every Demiurge kill, just to see her roommates slowly learn to dread her return.

"Ally are these cosplayers?"
"Ally is this a Sherman tank?"
"Ally is this the corpse of King Solomon?"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Poltergrift posted:

I kind of want Allison to teleport back to her flat after every Demiurge kill, just to see her roommates slowly learn to dread her return.

"Ally, are youHOLY CHRIST WORMS EVERYWHERE"

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Poltergrift posted:

The essence of Royalty is a continuous property devaluating motion.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Why do people keep talking about capital-R Royalty like some concept with meaning beyond monarchy.

eta although I know it has something to do with the power of her key.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

Why do people keep talking about capital-R Royalty like some concept with meaning beyond monarchy.

eta although I know it has something to do with the power of her key.

http://killsixbilliondemons.wikia.com/wiki/Royalty

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

OK, so what is the "blade of Want." There's a lot of stuff that I see related to this comic that I just don't remember from reading it at all. :(

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's basically the ability to cleave reality with nothing other than your desire to do so.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

That makes more sense than what I was thinking: "want" meaning "poverty" or "lacking" rather than simply an expression of desire.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

GunnerJ posted:

That makes more sense than what I was thinking: "want" meaning "poverty" or "lacking" rather than simply an expression of desire.

Well, it could also be a double-meaning.

Like, mysticism and all.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

GunnerJ posted:

The blade of want is your ability to alter reality to more closely align with your desires through violence.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion, and the blade of want is what you use to cut.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The basic philosophy at work here is there is no such thing as creation - everything already exists in potential, and you realise it by separating it from all of the other things it could be. Like a sculptor separating a statue from the rest of the marble. Or a king separating true power from the pretenders.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GunnerJ posted:

It may be that also. A lot of the side stories have made similarities between royalty and beggers.

There aren't really clear answer to some of your questions. I don't even think it's so much that we don't know so much that the people in the universe of the comic don't know themselves.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

akulanization posted:

The blade of want is your ability to alter reality to more closely align with your desires through violence.

The true power of Want is whatever a master (haha) wants it to be.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I love how the rules of the setting mean Allison's power is directly correlated with how much she'll sass.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

As an example of Royalty, Aesma was so powerful in part because she was always more concerned with what she was doing than with what she was trying to do. Aesma could fight so hard that she picked up the universe and hit somebody with it, and that guy wanted to live so he backed down. That's the blade of want, an all consuming, focused desire that takes a strong person and makes them a god. That's why everyone, including our favorite angel-busting swordmaster, has been telling Allison that just trying to make the key work isn't enough. She's already done it once; it was will alone that allowed her to destroy Mottom's tree of life.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
That means God picked Allison because he thought her personality, (social loner outcast alcoholic weeaboo turned sorority sister turned weeaboo) would be the one that set the universe in order again and repaired the damage of the demiurge's greed and evil.

Benson Cunningham fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 29, 2016

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Benson Cunningham posted:

That means God picked Allison because he thought her personality, (social loner outcast alcoholic weeaboo turned sorority sister turned weeaboo) would be the one that set the universe in order again and repair the damage of the demiurge's greed and evil.

I wouldn't call Zoss God, exactly.

It'd be pretty funny if the primary trait of the inheritor was "really likes big anime finishing moves," so they'd be able to get a handle on the Blade of Want.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

This is the real secret to Allison's potential for Royalty imo:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tenebrais posted:

The basic philosophy at work here is there is no such thing as creation - everything already exists in potential, and you realise it by separating it from all of the other things it could be. Like a sculptor separating a statue from the rest of the marble. Or a king separating true power from the pretenders.

The first words of God were "Let there be no Genesis, for beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar'

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Archenteron posted:

The first words of God were "Let there be no Genesis, for beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar'

Look at this loving nerd dropping the thread tittle on page 103.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

ElMaligno posted:

Look at this loving nerd dropping the thread tittle on page 103.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

should have waited for 108

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Being Royalty is alot more than just being nigh-omnipotent, though. K6BD heavily borrows from Morrowind and its concept of CHIM, which is the secret syllable of Royalty, whatever that means. The really short version is you can acheive CHIM when you observe the entire universe, or the Tower, and realize it is the dream of the Godhead, that you yourself are an utterable negligible part of this dream, and that you may as well not exist. And yet, while you know for a fact that this previous statement is true, you are still able to assert your own individuality within the dream of the Godhead (if you mess up this part you cease to exist). Those of Royalty know for a fact that 1+ -1 = 0 and 1 + -1 = 1. One attains enlightenment but one does not transcend the world.

Also, CHIM is inexorably tied with Love, but that's much more difficult to explain than simple paradoxes. It looks like Zoss is well on his way to understanding the nature of reality as a dream, but I wonder how much he understands of Love.

(its funny to note that while Aesma was Yisun's favorite disciple, she managed to completely gently caress up perceiving the Wheel twice)

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 29, 2016

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Idk how many people in this thread already use that other website, but there's a pretty good discussion in a K6BD thread on /co/ right now, with Abaddon answering a lot of questions:

http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/86584700

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Someone should have an archive for that, since 4chan deletes threads pretty regularly.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 29, 2016

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Hiveminded posted:

Idk how many people in this thread already use that other website, but there's a pretty good discussion in a K6BD thread on /co/ right now, with Abaddon answering a lot of questions:

http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/86584700

here i'll paraphrase this thread: "WAAAH there are brown women in my comics! take them out! take them out! take them out!"