Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Ostentatious posted:

>>>>>>>>>>>Herman Cain

In which Herman Cain promotes the WWE Network....only 9.99 per month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I've seen See No Evil 1 & 2, and enjoy the Undertaker's performance in Suburban Commando.

Did you know Hulk Hogan is in an episode of the A-Team?

Did you know Matlock is a mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftaks3bZx_g&t=9m43s

I also liked how the funny zinger at the end of the pilot of Murder, She Wrote (ep 2) is her being told two wrestlers were found murdered in the middle of the ring in Madison Square Garden. Something like one was stabbed, one was drowned. Jessica Fletcher gets on the train not gonna bother with this, then she's like "wait... DROWNED??" and it freezes. Epic stuff.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

I've seen See No Evil 1 & 2, and enjoy the Undertaker's performance in Suburban Commando.

Did you know Hulk Hogan is in an episode of the A-Team?

Did you know Matlock is a mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftaks3bZx_g&t=9m43s

I also liked how the funny zinger at the end of the pilot of Murder, She Wrote (ep 2) is her being told two wrestlers were found murdered in the middle of the ring in Madison Square Garden. Something like one was stabbed, one was drowned. Jessica Fletcher gets on the train not gonna bother with this, then she's like "wait... DROWNED??" and it freezes. Epic stuff.

I can't handle all these scoops!!!!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Best wrestler performance in a movie.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Big Dave was great in The Guy With The Funny Arm or whatever the name of that Rza kung fu movie was, it was cool.

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

I can't handle all these scoops!!!!

Ok I've got one more, Magnum P.I. has an episode about wrestling featuring... Ernest Borgnine! http://magnum-mania.com/Pics/Screen_Caps_Season_Three_3.html#Three.9

(Hopefully he's in the WWE Hall of Fame)

This Magnum wiki is freakin' amazing. Check out this note on the episode:

15 Magnum mentions the "hot tub" at the estate again. Previously mentioned in Season Two's "From Moscow to Maui" (2.4), the hot tub will never be seen. Higgins mentions playing a game of billiards (with Earl) at the estate. The pool table was briefly seen in the "Pilot Movie", but it is never seen again.

If the WWE writers had the attention to detail of this Magnum PI site, we'd have no problems.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Miz was in Supernatural and I think he beat up all the Supernaturals?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He actually got his rear end kicked and died

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I love Supernatural

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Problem with New Day isn't that they are faces. Problem is New Day is that they are faces who are dominant, show few weaknesses and are rarely tested in the ring or as part of an angle.

Watching them just effortlessly swat The Club away week after week isn't even remotely compelling, so people are clearly getting bored.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oldpainless posted:

I love Supernatural

Miz Dad went on a hunting trip, and he hasn't been home in a while.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I love Supernatural

didn't know my mom posted here

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Just get to the New Day-Enzo & Cass feud already.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vaguido posted:

New Day isn't going to be less interesting without the titles. They're just keeping them so they can beat a record because WWE is petty and the current record holders are suing them.

Wait, what? Demolition is suing WWE?

Also, I like Dolph Ziggler when he wrestles but everything else is tiring. I hope Miz beats him clean. Dolph just keeps losing and asking for more chances, and I want that we'll to dry up because it's a very boring character arc.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Phenix Rising posted:

I hope Miz beats him clean.

We're all marks is the lesson here, just like Matlock.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

I was both worried and excited when Dolph real-named Miz. Sometimes that poo poo can be lame (this is Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque!) but I bought it last night. And Miz going full vulture when he realized he could end Dolph's career was killer. I might be more interested in this story (and the overall renaissance of the Miz) than the world title, which is also awesome right now.

edit: also, no Kane. A++

The Miz can get away with being called Mike easier than HHH getting called Paul because he never used a false first name, but if Dolph went, "i'm talking about me, nick nemeth, the man," i'd be cringing like crazy.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
How does it not wear on Big E and Kofi that Xavier does poo poo all in the ring and they are the ones doing work week in and week out?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Xavier is very capable of having good matches but WWE has decided it'd rather keep him mostly as a mouthpiece for some reason.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Mr. McGibblets posted:

How does it not wear on Big E and Kofi that Xavier does poo poo all in the ring and they are the ones doing work week in and week out?

Xavier is great, but the dynamic of a huge brick shithouse and the high flying veteran is way more flashy than one of them with Xavier, though X could always be a more believable babyface in peril if they wanted to do a more traditional set-up for a tag.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

The Miz can get away with being called Mike easier than HHH getting called Paul because he never used a false first name, but if Dolph went, "i'm talking about me, nick nemeth, the man," i'd be cringing like crazy.

Oh man I'm not willing to look this up but please tell me Dolph's real name is Nick Nemeth because holy poo poo I've never heard a better name for a Jobber.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

reignofevil posted:

Oh man I'm not willing to look this up but please tell me Dolph's real name is Nick Nemeth because holy poo poo I've never heard a better name for a Jobber.

Michael Hickenbottom

(ok my bad this sounds more like a British Lawyer on a 70s TV program)

I think Nick Nemeth sounds like a Bond villain, or maybe a James Bond Junior villain.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On Dolph vs Miz. I have 2 possible ways they can go.

1) Dolph wins, with Maryse turning on Miz. Setting up a "this poo poo nearly ruined Rusev and Lana, let's see if we can't ruin Miz and Maryse" feud. But that is more a RAW thing to do.

or 2) Miz wins. Gloats and smugs it up. Mr Ziggles sadly leaves Smackdown, which leads to the triumphant return of Nicky! from the Spirit Squad.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

"Listen bro, Miz vs Ziggs ends like The Dark Tower bro" - Vince Russo

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Ziggler loses and steals sandows gimmick to become Dolph mizzler

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Heavy Metal posted:

"Listen bro, Miz vs Ziggs ends like Y Tu Mamá También bro" - Vince Russo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Wait, what? Demolition is suing WWE?

the big new concussion lawsuit

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I hope people stop saying Ziggler and start saying "the Z word".

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Is WWE dangling the IC Championship carrot in front of Dolph for an incentive to stick around? Because lol.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Open the door get on the floor

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

BrigadierSensible posted:

1) Dolph wins, with Maryse turning on Miz. Setting up a "this poo poo nearly ruined Rusev and Lana, let's see if we can't ruin Miz and Maryse" feud. But that is more a RAW thing to do.

WWE tends to respect real life marriages. It's people dating who they want to keep apart at all costs.

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!

sticklefifer posted:

WWE tends to respect real life marriages. It's people dating who they want to keep apart at all costs.

None of that living in sin malarky! Ya'll get married like a couple of decent folks!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I saw the ziggler/miz promo from smackdown and ziggler was pretty good at channeling millenial boohooing into his promo, as he is a weak man. I hope he loses and cries and many burly security guards unceremoniously chuck him in a dumpster

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

That DICK! posted:

Open the door get on the floor

FYI: we celebrate on the floor

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Daniel Bryan starts off last night's Talking Smack with 'Shane and I have a very different philosophy than Steph and Mick, we don't need to be on screen all the time."

Is RAW being written really lovely a story itself??

edit- Cena is very good on this as well. Way better format for the modern 15 minute promo.

Knowing what I do about Vince it wouldn't shock me if he told the brands to treat it like an actual competition and pull no punches.

That or Ryan Ward just doesn't care what happens if Vince gets mad.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I hope people stop saying Ziggler and start saying "the Z word".

I believe the pc thing to say now is "Cleveland-American".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
All of Ziggler's promos lately have been him yellcrying about this being his life. It's like he's trying to go for a Primetime Emmy with Daytime Emmy acting.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

projecthalaxy posted:

So I saw the ziggler/miz promo from smackdown and ziggler was pretty good at channeling millenial boohooing into his promo, as he is a weak man. I hope he loses and cries and many burly security guards unceremoniously chuck him in a dumpster

Remember when Ziggler started cutting promos about lazy Millennials? Good times.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Even if Ziggler does win, I feel the best way to use him is to have him cut a big emotional promo about how nobody loves this business more than he, then New And Improved The Champ John Cena to come out and murder him with his eye lasers.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the best thing for Ziggler to do now is immediately sign with TNA before the end of this week.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Spermgod posted:

you people complain about 50/50 booking and then when anyone is booked strong you complain about them "not needing wins" and "not helping to make anyone else" lol

Maybe I'm just being a stick in the mud but WWE making the team of guys who run around in unicorn horns and constantly reference eating rear end the most dominant tag team in company history seems kind of silly to me, merch sales numbers or no

I guess if they have beef with Demolition currently it shouldn't be surprising, pettiness trumps all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

making the team of guys who run around in unicorn horns and constantly reference eating rear end the most dominant tag team in company history seems kind of silly to me

????

• Locked thread