Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tyk00n
Sep 25, 2006

College Slice
Anyone have much experience using disposable vape pens (pharmabee honey sticks in particular) ? I've recently started buying them, but it seems my batteries die well before the oil runs out and I was curious if anyone knew how to either replace the battery or get the oil out. I haven't seen any obvious way to disassemble the devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

If you don't want to be wasteful maybe disposable electronics aren't for you

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

good electric posted:

backwoods, bitch

Lmao, that is the worst advice I have ever read.

el B posted:

It's been a good ten years or more since I've smoked a blunt, much less rolled one. And for the life of me I can't find a decent Dutch Master. I used to roll the green leaf ones.

Can any Chicagoons let me know what the best blunt wrap in the city is?

Just feel them at the counter pre-purchase, if it is soft and pliable in response to being squeezed it is good; if it is hard or seems to have too much rigidity do not buy it. Although this sounds weird I am to the point where my local gas station will do this for me before even putting one in my hand. If you can't find a decent Dutch go with a Game as someone else suggested but I find the Games to be a bit harsher.

These dudes are like fathers to me..

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
backwoods are good. I only listen to rappers who smoke backwoods

thathonkey posted:

i tried to roll a blunt the other day but it wasn't a wrap it was a white owl cigar and i only had one, totally hosed it up, had to smoke a bowl :cripes: i used to be able to do it

pro tip: you always have the option of re-rolling or tightening a blunt as long as you don't slobber all over it to create the seal. just lift that flap up and start over. are you cutting into the rillo cleanly? I have a handy blunt splitter keychain

the new unflavored silver dutches are p good

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even need a blade to split a blunt :smug:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
had to buy a new bubbler to replace a broken one. i just like plain looking stuff. this one has a graffitti style logo on it. the guy kept saying it is jerome baker, jerome baker man -- i'm like who the gently caress is that. pretty cool i guess though.. it suits my needs nicely. my hats off to jerome baker

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

thathonkey posted:

had to buy a new bubbler to replace a broken one. i just like plain looking stuff. this one has a graffitti style logo on it. the guy kept saying it is jerome baker, jerome baker man -- i'm like who the gently caress is that. pretty cool i guess though.. it suits my needs nicely. my hats off to jerome baker

:cmon:

http://stonerthings.com/interview-jason-harris-jerome-baker-designs/

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

jerome baker was the biggest national brand of high end bongs back before operation pipe dreams which was the same operation that shut down chong glass and sent tommy chong to jail

im glad they're making bongs again. gently caress the police

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
so by smoking my "flowers" via this nice jerome baker bubbler that i got i am kind of loving the police over 2x as hard

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

so by smoking my "flowers" via this nice jerome baker bubbler that i got i am kind of loving the police over 2x as hard

you should take some photos of your flowers ;)

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Do you guys have any tragic weed stories?

This is from way back in the days of high school. A friend would take annual vacations in New Orleans. After he's been gone for about a week he comes back with clean never before used glass bowl.

All day were looking for weed. Every single guy was dry. We pulled at every string. Nothing. Finally at the end of the night we accept fate and decide to just buy booze.

We were drinking on a porch. The bottle of Jack was on the ground. His bowl was in his shirt pocket. He bent over for the Jack and the bowl fell out. Shattered on the ground.

We looked at the virgin bowl in horror. My friend couldn't take it anymore and had to go for a walk.

The moment he walks a
Out of sight, another friend walks in. "I heard Ben was in town. I picked up but don't have a bowl."

We smoked that poo poo out of a beer can that night

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There was a pot-head in my high school who got expelled for smoking a joint near the school, he killed himself afterwards, good job 'no tolerance' policy.

That's my tragic weed story.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
one time in high school after i had recently gotten a car senior year i was in the student parking lot sitting in my car with a friend of mine who was showing me some weed he bought that we thought was good back then. it was in one of those brightly colored dime bags like a pink one or something. anyway he was in the passenger seat and i was in the driver seat and somehow this administrator had seen us in the car and come over to inspect. well i was holding the bag and my friend immediately ditched like a little pussy when he saw this guy coming. i kind of panicked and reached over to my right and dropped the bag in between the seat and the center console.

the admin comes over and asks me what we're doing in the car such and such. asks me to get out of the car which i did and he proceeds to look around. looks under the seat, looks in the driver seat, in the console. doesn't find it somehow! he had no choice but to let me go so i drove to a nearby parking lot and found it had dropped perfectly into this crevice so that it hadn't fallen through to the floor. one of my closest calls ever.

ps. this "friend" had the gall to ask me to give him the weed back after the whole ordeal :rolleyes: but obviously i toked dat

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

i have never done a weed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

stealthdozer posted:

i have never done a weed

you should give it a whirl

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

stealthdozer posted:

i have never done a weed
you should at least try it. some people have different reactions to it

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Guys, I'm dankrupt until at least next week. Hit that poo poo one extra for me while I do ... ugh responsible adult things in the meantime

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
it depends how old you are, >23 it'll just be weird and awkward for all involved and the only decent thing is to do is lean into a life of abstinence.

like with loving

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't trust anyone who has never smoked weed.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

lol but seriously I posted:

it depends how old you are, >23 it'll just be weird and awkward for all involved and the only decent thing is to do is lean into a life of abstinence.

like with loving

its not such a big deal when weird and awkward is your default state

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

There is no "too old" when it comes to trying weed, what an unchill thing to suggest.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I'm paranoid of posting here. Like what if a narc is driving by outside with a Stingray, maaaan?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress I get paranoid, what if there's a keylogger that activates only when I'm high and then everyone will know

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ride The Gravitron posted:

I don't trust anyone who has never smoked weed.

:agreed:

good electric
Jan 29, 2009
HIS LIFE IS DEFICIENT. HE NEVER HAS SEX.

HE LACKS $10 TO BUY HIMSELF A CUSTOM TITLE AND IS REDUCED TO BEGGING FOR ONE.
one time a quasi-famous charlotte, nc rapper sold me an ounce of mid. he claimed it was gas :negative:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
gonna see a buddy for some sweet sweet green. welcome back weed thread.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what if my phone or laptop camera is secretly recording me while i smoke weed constantly all the time daily

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

thathonkey posted:

what if my phone or laptop camera is secretly recording me while i smoke weed constantly all the time daily

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jun/22/mark-zuckerberg-tape-webcam-microphone-facebook

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

good electric posted:

one time a quasi-famous charlotte, nc rapper sold me an ounce of mid. he claimed it was gas :negative:

name & shame

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

good electric posted:

lol

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
when I first turned 18 I went out and got my first pipe, being that I was new to smoking weed at the time I thought getting a sidecar bubbler would be a good idea

do not get one, there's no way to set it down without spilling water and you have to hold it while you load it. also it's a pain in the rear end to fill with water

I've since learned from my mistakes and become a glass collector

edit:

also if you're looking for a vaporizer get the airizer extreme q, it's the best one I've found for the money

http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-desktop/21-aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.html

does bags or whips, heats up in under a minute, and has a remote control with a fan so you can be lazy and let the machine blow vape into your mouth

ColoradoCleric fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 29, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Lol, the SDPD just raided a dispensary across the street from my house. Lile literally, I was watching from my window until I woke up enough to watch from outside. They're packing it up right now.

Just for perspective I can see an elementary school also across the street from that very same window.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ColoradoCleric posted:

when I first turned 18 I went out and got my first pipe, being that I was new to smoking weed at the time I thought getting a sidecar bubbler would be a good idea

do not get one, there's no way to set it down without spilling water and you have to hold it while you load it. also it's a pain in the rear end to fill with water

I've since learned from my mistakes and become a glass collector

edit:

also if you're looking for a vaporizer get the airizer extreme q, it's the best one I've found for the money

http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-desktop/21-aroma-arizer-extreme-q-heater.html

does bags or whips, heats up in under a minute, and has a remote control with a fan so you can be lazy and let the machine blow vape into your mouth

get an herbalaire instead, about same price but built to last with no stupid crap like a remote control for a device you literally cant use without walking over to it (I think it only has a remote control because the buttons will eventually stop working)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i am on vacation in france and have my little vaporizer with me (micro g pen) and i maintain that as a weed smoker of several decades this is one of the best weed related items i have ever owned. I love that I can just sit at a cafe table anywhere or chill on a crowded beach and get high with this thing and its barely noticeable. like much less so than a typical e-cigarette/vape (especially since those are often obnoxiously huge). the one I have only takes wax but I'm pretty sure there is a variation for regular weed too.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone ever had a good experiences with dry herb vaporizers? I never felt like they had an effect on me.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Earwicker posted:

i am on vacation in france and have my little vaporizer with me (micro g pen) and i maintain that as a weed smoker of several decades this is one of the best weed related items i have ever owned. I love that I can just sit at a cafe table anywhere or chill on a crowded beach and get high with this thing and its barely noticeable. like much less so than a typical e-cigarette/vape (especially since those are often obnoxiously huge). the one I have only takes wax but I'm pretty sure there is a variation for regular weed too.

Yeah I'm extremely careful about carrying / smoking weed in public but my buddy has a nice Gpen he loads with oil and when we're outside a bar smoking cigarettes or something it's great you can just take a quick inconspicuous dab and get real high

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

a bone to pick posted:

Has anyone ever had a good experiences with dry herb vaporizers? I never felt like they had an effect on me.

vapor genies are where its at

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

I use a cloud v it works for me but the high is definitely different than smoking.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TOM HANKS posted:

I use a cloud v it works for me but the high is definitely different than smoking.

Could you describe it to me? When I use vapes like these I can't even tell if I'm high or not.

I know some people describe it as being "clearer" but I'm not even sure what that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

a bone to pick posted:

Could you describe it to me? When I use vapes like these I can't even tell if I'm high or not.

I know some people describe it as being "clearer" but I'm not even sure what that means.

For me at least its more of a body high and I find I get less jumbled thoughts and anxiety than I do when smoking. Also it takes some practice to get the hang of hitting it
next time you use one try taking draws like your sipping on a straw and take a draw keep the vapour in your mouth than take another one and then breathe the vapour into your lungs.