Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ages posted:

I don't want to understand culture anymore

I have great news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Berious posted:

That's mainly just the BBC

the beeb's constant calling out of -isms everywhere sure became easy to understand in light of those revelations

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Internaut! posted:

the beeb's constant calling out of -isms everywhere sure became easy to understand in light of those revelations
ism simulator 2016

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts

Ape Fist posted:

Do you guys ever think there was just some dude with a small storefront in some French or British town in the 40s who had a bunch of Swastikas as his logo and then as WW2 went on and the crimes of the Nazi party came to be known to the world he was just 'God.... loving drat it.' and had to rebrand all of his poo poo and stop using the Swastika because some piece of poo poo decided to go and murder a billion people while waving it around.

I imagine this is sort of similar except, you know, on a far smaller/dumber scale.

Sorta similar, but the 45th Infantry Division (of the US Army) didn't start out as the Thunderbirds division, until 33 (they made the change right away)

Also, in hindsight the decoration of one plane (SPAD) associated with WWI ace (in both French and American forces) Raoul Lufbery is pretty interesting.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
at least landwolf is safe... for now

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Berious posted:

That's mainly just the BBC

racist

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Here comes dat goy

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
You either die a Krusty or you live long enough to see yourself become a Pepe.

wynter necr0
Sep 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Friginator posted:

You either die a Krusty or you live long enough to see yourself become a Pepe.

You obviously don't know about the brotherhood of wiccan necrophages.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Dreddout posted:

Here comes dat goy

oy vey waddup

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

This is some good poo poo. I will try to get laid this weekend by inviting a woman to my place on the pretext of showing her my rare pepes.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

White Phosphorus posted:

This is some good poo poo. I will try to get laid this weekend by inviting a woman to my place on the pretext of showing her my rare pepes.

i have the rarest pepes, you dont even know

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

:trumppop:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
:lol: The country is really over, isn't it?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i still remember reading this on message boards as a young man

hard to believe bad people have coopted it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Vegetable posted:

loving hilarious aint it

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

peepee the frog

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
I wish 4chan would appropriate some corporate mascots so that Time magazine and the ADL and BBC would have to write articles about how Spider-Man, Powerpuff Girls and Tony the Tiger are evil bigots.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

:lol: The country is really over, isn't it?

Guess who ended it?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Freestyle posted:

I wish 4chan would appropriate some corporate mascots so that Time magazine and the ADL and BBC would have to write articles about how Spider-Man, Powerpuff Girls and Tony the Tiger are evil bigots.

Spiderman is already a 4chan mascot. He is a valiant derailer of threads, specifically crusading against the sexualisation if children.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Strategic Tea posted:

Any class warriors in the room may want to reconsider their support for well known free market capitalism juggernaut "The EU"

As a awwwwwful bourgie pig I voted to stay :smugdon:

CPGB, CPGB-ML, and the SWP voted to leave.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Freestyle posted:

/pol just started trying to get Google to be recognized as a slur for black people.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Gonna be weird when trump loses but David Duke becomes a Senator

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Who has the original "ey pepe I heard you pull yer pants all the way down to go pee" voice over, I can't find it anywhere.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Freestyle posted:

I hope so, It'd be hilarious to see a major brand devalued by bigoted shitposting.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

paco650 posted:

I'm more of a pretty princess points kind of guy

only 3 of the drawings from each surviving copy of the Nine Memes of the Kingdom of Sadbrains are authentic

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Unguided posted:

I hope so, It'd be hilarious to see a major brand devalued by bigoted shitposting.

But enough about the GBS forum on Something Awful LLC! AHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHaHaHaAHAHahah!!

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

gary oldmans diary posted:

only 3 of the drawings from each surviving copy of the Nine Memes of the Kingdom of Sadbrains are authentic

*laughing maniacally while pouring jars of urine over myself*

STATUS BONEFILUS INVOCATIO

*consumes the earth in a tendiestorm*

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Vegetable posted:

i still remember reading this on message boards as a young man

I actually bought the comic when it first came out. It was really strange but also kind of fun watching it turn into a meme first on SA and then the rest of the web. Until now that I unintentionally own a piece of hate literature :smith:

The stupid comic is selling for upwards of 100 dollars now. It's like 30 tiny pages, black and white.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
is this the same ADL that calls it anti-semitic when US students protest against the yuuge Trump-like wall that actually exists on the border of a country and was built by a wealthy country to keep the despised and impoverished minority out?

yes, they're the same people? well don't that beat all!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Chomp8645 posted:

Britons Going Their Own Way

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So are ((( jews))) against peeing with their pants down because of germs or something?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Why do people keep using (((the universally recognized symbol for hugging))) ITT? IDGI. Oh well. I guess there's nothing wrong with hugs.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Freestyle posted:

Spider-Man is a bigot, though. He's racist against green people (a.k.a. Goblin-Americans).

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Cnut the Great posted:

Spider-Man is a bigot, though. He's racist against green people (a.k.a. Goblin-Americans).

filthy hook nosed scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Cnut the Great posted:

look some of my best friends are green but if you look at the statistics goblin americans are responsible for 100% of pumpkin shaped grenade deaths

• Locked thread