Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've got one island left, which, from my understanding was he end of Disc 1 in the original release meaning shits probably about to pop off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I've got one island left, which, from my understanding was he end of Disc 1 in the original release meaning shits probably about to pop off.

I just sort of assumed the game would end shortly after you finished all the islands but the thought of there being a bunch of other poo poo that happens past that is getting me all worked up. BTW el ciclo is really awesome, its easily becoming my favorite island

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is just a guess but knowing how other DQ games have played out and the fact that I've found tablets that aren't one of the 4 main colors I think there's going to be a second world or a World of Ruin scenario which would be crazy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

This is just a guess but knowing how other DQ games have played out and the fact that I've found tablets that aren't one of the 4 main colors I think there's going to be a second world or a World of Ruin scenario which would be crazy

:aaaaa:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i kept waiting in line there but it stopped moving when i was in line

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I waited in line and got some Yggdrasil dew, it worked for me. I got back in line again but they turned me away though since there was a 1 purchase / person limit

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the best skill so far is the shepard one that puts all enemies to sleep

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Semi-related but DQ Builders now has an English demo on PS4 and Vita.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

one of the npcs in stilton on the sea says i don't want a dicky tummy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nintendo is run by cucks timb cucks in fact so i did not post it on miiverse but you must believe me he says dicky tummy. edit: fuuuuu

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Mokinokaro posted:

Semi-related but DQ Builders now has an English demo on PS4 and Vita.

I have played it and it's everything I want. Two weeks to release can't waaaaaaaaaait

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

nintendo is run by cucks timb cucks in fact so i did not post it on miiverse but you must believe me he says dicky tummy. edit: fuuuuu

I saw a demon enemy called, I recall, "Fucky Pig" and i went like "Zuh???"

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQ Builders seems decent but I'm not a fan of the genre in general so I'm gonna wait for it to be 20 bucks or w/e

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DQ Builders seems decent but I'm not a fan of the genre in general so I'm gonna wait for it to be 20 bucks or w/e

yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like how the tallest tower in the world isn't the one everyone survives noah's flood in, its the other tower around the corner

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

two tower....diD dragon quest 7 predict 9/11???

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

that's a normal thing to say in the UK. It comes from rhyming slang where "Tom Dick" = "sick"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It's normal in the UK to say "i want to suck on a small boys dick"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhkgNTmrXFY

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

two tower....diD dragon quest 7 predict 9/11???

enix did 9/11

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

do you keep your skills from monster classes or do u lose em? might try makin gramps like a healslime chimera combo he has high wisdom [spellz], instead of the normal classes

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, they're the only way to keep cool poo poo like Thin Air and Multiheal since they overcompensated for people just sticking to the same combos in the PSX version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monster classes keep your spells even if you change yeah, but just so you know the only thing wisdom does in this game is decrease damage taken by enemy spells, it doesn't actually affect your spell casting ability, those are just flat calculations based on the spell

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Monster classes keep your spells even if you change yeah, but just so you know the only thing wisdom does in this game is decrease damage taken by enemy spells, it doesn't actually affect your spell casting ability, those are just flat calculations based on the spell

i see

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

What does style do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

What does style do

Its like the Pokemon style contests, you find them later

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

well that's what it was in the ps1 version, I don't know if they've changed it but it doesn't seem like it from me just using different spells

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

What does style do

you want maribel to be stylish as possible so she can get to the top of the beauty board. don't let her down

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

one of the npcs in stilton on the sea says i don't want a dicky tummy

its old timey english regional dialect for having an upset stomach. i want to visit stilton on the sea

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ikts kewl playing dragon quest cos you can pick out exactly which english region or british isle each town is representing, the localisation is the 2nd best of all games ive played after final fantasy 9. i hope this game has geordies in it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there's a castle later in the game called buccanham lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
in dragon quest 8 everyone on the prison island had an australian accent 😅

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm on the animal island.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

tumor looking batty posted:

I'm on the animal island.

Same. Kind of bummed I couldn't save Germantown.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive reached a point where I am completely lost and idk what to do but Im gonna wander around and grind some monster classes I guess.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Ive reached a point where I am completely lost and idk what to do but Im gonna wander around and grind some monster classes I guess.

Same except it turns out I had to talk to the woodcutter :doh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

Same except it turns out I had to talk to the woodcutter :doh:

That part would have been tough if I hadn't already talked to him at the beginning of the game. The part Im at now I just have no clue and there are 0 in game hints which is the first time thats happened in like...50 hours lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

pirate class gets thin air and it doesn't even have a marginal mp cost like in dq8 @__@

• Locked thread