Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Winter's End or something like that

oh nice how is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Nuebot posted:

Is the new raid exotic any good? I'm probably never going to do the raid, or if I do it's going to be ages from now :shrug:.

I did get the fusion rifle from Archon's Forge and it's pretty rad though.

Although I think there's something off with the site because it does arc damage in game. I wonder if I could get that impact up to 100.

It loving rips.

It's like the last vendor Hawksaw with 36 rounds. Slightly less Range but the stability is excellent and basically counterbalance with smart drift selected. Don't believe the bar.

You'd probably lose a 1v1 vs a good vendor Hawksaw user but you might not and you're certainly gonna win some funny 1v2s because of the huge mag and the exotic perk.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
For pve I'll never take it off, except maybe for the raid auto rifle. The one issue is the firefly type perk has a cool down, whereas the raid auto doesn't for the basic firefly. That's still very useful for mobs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Sounds pretty rad. Shame about the raid thing though. I think I'm still struggling to get my light to 350 because I just can't really be assed to play much anymore.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
It feels like it has CB built in with SDC barrel picked, and hell the shot grouping is so tight it's almost like it has Rodeo on it too. It doesn't feel like the AA is very high though, so maybe that's it's weak point. This may be the next Y1 Thorn if the AA is proven to be decent. I didn't get to test it very much as I spent like 6 hours straight when I got home doing it and the wife aggro was real. Will give more notes tomorrow morning after I get it out in crucible

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I did this, used 170+ marks to buy as much spirit bloom as I could, didn't even get a single package so I traded in my motes too, and got a single 253 helmet. My current helmet is 254. Masterful troll :thumbsup:

I mostly get guns from vendor packages as they are character agnostic and I believe they contribute more towards your LL than armor does (I might be making that up). I have 2 level 70+ characters just from running bounties, strikes, and crucible with 3oC.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nuebot posted:

Sounds pretty rad. Shame about the raid thing though. I think I'm still struggling to get my light to 350 because I just can't really be assed to play much anymore.

You might as well just wait for Iron Banner to level up at any sort of decent rate.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
This will be the ultimate "gently caress you got mine" gun to be killed with in crucible for a while since it requires all the knowledge of Reddit and also a group of solid bros that are willing to do the raid and then also do like 5 hours of quests afterwards and then another 3 raid bosses to finish. Like the Thorn bounty but requiring friends.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

came up against a ton of dudes using the exotic raid pulse tonight and I was handily tearing them apart with my Grasp, doesn't seem that great tbh but I'll make my own judgement in like a month when I'm finally high enough ll for the raid

it's probably goddamn fantastic for pve though

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

deadwing posted:

came up against a ton of dudes using the exotic raid pulse tonight and I was handily tearing them apart with my Grasp, doesn't seem that great tbh but I'll make my own judgement in like a month when I'm finally high enough ll for the raid

it's probably goddamn fantastic for pve though

Tearing apart PvE tryhards in crucible with drat near zero effort is the spice of life.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

You might as well just wait for Iron Banner to level up at any sort of decent rate.

I can't wait to see what kind of a hellhole iron banner will be this time around. I hope they didn't get rid of all the old ironbanner ships because I never got the thoughtcrime.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Nuebot posted:

I can't wait to see what kind of a hellhole iron banner will be this time around. I hope they didn't get rid of all the old ironbanner ships because I never got the thoughtcrime.

The kept the school bus from y1 in last year's loot table so you're probably in luck

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Game really needs a slider where you set a light level, and any armor or weapon you pick up that has a light level below your setting gets instantly dismantled.

For engrams it should key off the max light it can decrypt to.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

xzzy posted:

Game really needs a slider where you set a light level, and any armor or weapon you pick up that has a light level below your setting gets instantly dismantled.

For engrams it should key off the max light it can decrypt to.

Just add in a setting to auto-discard all items and check/uncheck rarities below whatever light level.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there any easy way to get Exotic Shards?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Give me the engrams postmaster, I'm gonna wheel barrow them over to rahool "my regards to your order, warlock" then mass decrypt and wheel barrow them off the tower

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there any easy way to get Exotic Shards?

Yes

Well. It's not hard

Buy a heavy weapon telemetry from the gunsmith and use it

Go to the exotic kiosk and buy a rocket launcher, costing a shard

Equip it

Use 6 motes of light. Now it is maxed

Break it and you get 2 shards

Repeat

You can get 10 per 25000 glimmer

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I really can't see why they needed to start giving us lovely greens for weapon mats when a) you can buy them now (and armor mats too which frankly was even worse) and b) it's trivial to hit over 340 and now you're swimming in trash blues again enjoy the mats.

e: it's like there's a team that's been working on solving this problem since y1 unaware of all the developments since. "Hey guys, we finally solved that weapon mats supply issue" *emerges from vault of glass rocking chatterwhite and VoC*

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 29, 2016

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

DrNutt posted:

I really can't see why they needed to start giving us lovely greens for weapon mats when a) you can buy them now (and armor mats too which frankly was even worse) and b) it's trivial to hit over 340 and now you're swimming in trash blues again enjoy the mats.

e: it's like there's a team that's been working on solving this problem since y1 unaware of all the developments since. "Hey guys, we finally solved that weapon mats supply issue" *emerges from vault of glass rocking chatterwhite and VoC*

I'm 100% sure they broke something and decided to call it a feature rather than bother to fix it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

8th-snype posted:

I'm 100% sure they broke something and decided to call it a feature rather than bother to fix it.

I think so, too. Even if they wanted us to have materials, blues and purples give more.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

8th-snype posted:

Green drops always started dropping again when they raised the level cap before. I wonder if they changed their minds at the last minute about a level cap increase and this is just a side effect.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

BlindSite posted:

Probably closing the clipping spot in the raid and fixing the cheese for moving around offerings might be a tweak for greens in the raid too.

My aids build for supremecy is complete because you just know thats the plan for IB.

Defender titan,
Tier 12 build but max disc and strength with
No back up plans
Shotgun reload gloves + increased melee speed
Ammo boots and chest
felwinters artifact
Monte carlo
Max range curtain call with knee pads and full auto

Every 30 seconds i get a new melee (shield) charge or magnetic grenade.

Took it for a spin in the daily before i jumped off for the night and got 2 messages one questioning my mothers honour the other my sexuality.

Theres legit times when you can take on three people and the shield just keeps recharging on kills. I didnt even try to skate quickly or move tactically and put up a 3.5 k/d.

I would hate you but I already know you get that this build is AIDS.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Skimmed, didn't see this, sorry if repost:

Pulse rifle exotic in RoI

http://kotaku.com/destiny-players-solve-ridiculously-complicated-secret-w-1787183433

Also, Destiny 2:

http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-2-coming-to-pc-aims-to-feel-like-a-to-1787153460

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I call bullshit on those rumors. I actually have a friend at Bungie and even with their friends they are secretive and cagey as gently caress with even seemingly innocuous info. If the leak is from Activision it might mean something but otoh I don't expect Activision to be that involved in the actual development.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

I would hate you but I already know you get that this build is AIDS.

I hate myself but if bungie refuse to buff primaries, wont fix lag in match making and make their worst game mode the IB Im not gonna tank my k/d for some kind of e bushido.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Destiny 2 better have a pseudo-random RNG.

After 3/4ths of the raid tonight I got two Monte Carlos, a Universal Remote, and hunter exotic legs and chest (I only have a Titan). It's nice that the raid shits exotics but drat give us new ones.

It can't be all that hard to give us new and interesting things based on what we have and what we use!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

I hate myself but if bungie refuse to buff primaries, wont fix lag in match making and make their worst game mode the IB Im not gonna tank my k/d for some kind of e bushido.

Ffs when we played their in house pvp dudes they were all running NBP uni. They don't give a gently caress anymore as the artifacts attest.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sitting at 370+ on all three of my dudes with a 377 gibbahorn, but I still haven't done the raid because rl friends are behind :saddowns:

For clarity, to get that stupid pulse, do we need to do the raid twice for the monitor nonsense, or can we do that the first time we go through, and come back later for the second set of boss kills?

Also what's the deal with the one of each class step, I'm hosed if I don't have a Hunter bro to fill out my fireteam who has done the whole quest up to that point?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

victrix posted:

Sitting at 370+ on all three of my dudes with a 377 gibbahorn, but I still haven't done the raid because rl friends are behind :saddowns:

For clarity, to get that stupid pulse, do we need to do the raid twice for the monitor nonsense, or can we do that the first time we go through, and come back later for the second set of boss kills?

Also what's the deal with the one of each class step, I'm hosed if I don't have a Hunter bro to fill out my fireteam who has done the whole quest up to that point?

you do the whole raid, with the monitors, to get the quest (can't go to orbit as a whole but I think as long as someone is still in its fine, if people want to switch). 4rth monitor is worth getting every time b/c its a guaranteed exotic engram anyway.

then there's a later step to kill 3 bosses in the raid. You could run through it again, or you could kill some combination of the first and second over and over (ie. switch characters to get the checkpoint, then switch back to your quest character and so on). Monitors not necessary

basically yeah I think so. You can lfg or whatever. I think you can repurchase previous steps though, so you can help out multiple groups or w/e

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

basically yeah I think so. You can lfg or whatever. I think you can repurchase previous steps though, so you can help out multiple groups or w/e

Thanks, this is good to know also. I was wondering if people who had already done it could help others later.

I'll probably do it first run on my Hunter then I guess, and find someone else with a Hunter who wants to do a blind run with us (our 5 man group is 3 titans and 2 warlocks :cripes:). If I switch off my Titan and find another we'll be nicely matched 2/2/2.

I doubt we'll clear it first run though, I think most people will be 365. We'll see though, who knows :v:

Worst case we fail miserably at the end and I'll join some goon groups this weekend to get the quest done.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

what is the verdict on this aegis roll. i've never gotten one before.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

8th-snype posted:

I'm 0.04% sure this is the correct answer.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Legs Benedict posted:

Good roll if you can deal with the bad sights

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Got my Thorn. Are people running Send it or Perfect Balance on it these days?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Legs Benedict posted:

Pretty good.

You might like not the sight, though. There is a video of my using one on my YT chan with that sight. https://youtu.be/p4RNMQSq2XI

Mine has full auto, a range perk and hidden hand. It kicks a bit but lands headshots like champ.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

Pretty good.

You might like not the sight, though. There is a video of my using one on my YT chan with that sight. https://youtu.be/p4RNMQSq2XI

Mine has full auto, a range perk and hidden hand. It kicks a bit but lands headshots like champ.

FA, smallbore, RF with an OAS sight. I love it and it's the only pulse I use competitively.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

DrNutt posted:

Greens dump fuckloads of glimmer on you. I was always out of glimmer and running low on mats at the end of TTK and once they started making greens drop constantly I don't have that problem anymore. It's definitely a thing that benefits people who play less though. If you play constantly the need to manage and play janitor for your inventory of greens is annoying. I'm also sad that blues are hard capped so low, they could've at least let us hit 360 with just regular blue engrams.

This was being discussed a little back but I thought the new FWC pulse is Grasp archetype, not Hawksaw?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

They said the green thing is intended. The old code was that after X kills the game would stop dropping greens. They simply removed the restriction.

Is a beneficial change, you just have to open DIM and have it set to "farm engrams", then equip a ghost and set it to "give planetary resources when picking engrams". I usually have 18 blue engrams, 5 legendary and 100 planetary materials. And enough weapon and armour parts for all my needs. With the planetary materials you levelup faction. Do this in court of oryx and you upgrade eris faction for a nice your level +4 class item and perhaps artifact.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lightning Knight posted:

This was being discussed a little back but I thought the new FWC pulse is Grasp archetype, not Hawksaw?

Waltz is Grasp archetype

I should probably just run Snapshot

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Waltz is Grasp archetype

I should probably just run Snapshot

That is a nasty, nasty gun.

I'm very disappointed by New Monarchy's guns this time around. I got a couple of so so copies of their sniper rifle but none of their other guns jump out at me as possibly being good even with a better roll.

• Locked thread