Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hihohe posted:

Why don't you guys post fanart instead of bitching
That's what I keep saying, but they are determined not to!
I can't wait for jojoball: evolution!

Edit: accidentally claiming the first post of the page, have some jojo undertale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APT7XURgZQ&hd=1

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
you're not funny

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

BillmasterCozb posted:

you're not funny

post some goddamn fanart

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Do I still get to put him in a fancy gown dress while wearing a fake mustache?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BillmasterCozb posted:

you're not funny

Hes like the Spongebob to your Squidward.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

fritz posted:

Looking for the chickie tendies...

Ftfy :colbert:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Parts Kit posted:

No, that is how long eye relief scopes are supposed to be mounted.
I was under the impression that the particular scope used on the prop gun was not one of these, though I can't seem to find any information on what end of it is the objective lens.

Here's some Shantae stuff.

Concordat has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Feb 9, 2017

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Here's their original character, do not steal
:nws::nws:

:barf: Seriously people stop posting horrible horrible poo poo like this. I didn't think it was possible for scar my mind anymore but you did. Congratulations...:barf:

Here's something that isn't horrible:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still think we're a ways off from beating the weirdness quota that stories of the Greek gods has already set.

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 10:07 on Sep 29, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

SugarAddict posted:

:barf: Seriously people stop posting horrible horrible poo poo like this. I didn't think it was possible for scar my mind anymore but you did. Congratulations...:barf:

Hardly the worst thing I've seen on the internet. That probably belongs to :nws: this image :nws: .

RareAcumen posted:

I still think we're a ways off from beating the weirdness quota that stories of the Greek gods has already set.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je3_jIMaZk0

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Internet Kraken posted:

Life in the Dungeon

Look at this idiot who ate the purple

never not eat the purple

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I hate this more than the cock vore.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:catstare:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There's something about it being a real, physical object that makes it so much worse.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I wonder if there's any in-progress shots, like the guy that whittled a skeleton for his Sally Acorn fuckdoll.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Is there a word yet for that feeling of sudden revulsion unique to the experience of scrolling past a large, seemingly normal image that suddenly takes a horrible turn out of nowhere?

It feels like a jumpscare, but nothing's actually moving. I don't know what to call it, but that picture is pretty much a perfect encapsulation of that feeling.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cicadas! posted:

Is there a word yet for that feeling of sudden revulsion unique to the experience of scrolling past a large, seemingly normal image that suddenly takes a horrible turn out of nowhere?
Creeping dread?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Cicadas! posted:

It feels like a jumpscare, but nothing's actually moving. I don't know what to call it, but that picture is pretty much a perfect encapsulation of that feeling.

I'm not 100% sure since I only have a vague notion of how these things feel, but I'd guess what you describe is "horror delivered by way of induced cognitive dissonance."

To use the uncanny valley as a reference, seeing the head lulls you into a false sense of it's-not-so-bad by presenting a familiar form on the completely mostly nonhuman side of the scale (slightly off-putting but harmless, depending on how much bronies annoy you) and then as you scroll further it takes a dive right into the nightmare zone when you recognize that it is obviously made to be a sexual totem, vaguely human-shaped but distorted and completely wrong; it could also take a turn into the cosmic horror spectrum when your mind finishes processing that there is a member of your species jerking off to that image at this very moment.

silentsnack has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Sep 29, 2016

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Weird/Awesome Fanart: I hate this more than the cock vore.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kennel posted:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Kennel posted:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Remember when this thread was good? When people didn't whine about the weirdness and the popular stuff and appreciated it for what it was?

Yeah, me neither.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mikedawson posted:

Remember when this thread was good? When people didn't whine about the weirdness and the popular stuff and appreciated it for what it was?

Yeah, me neither.

Take your meds.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Who What Now posted:

Take your meds.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Here some good fanart from Gigi.

https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/781240493891919872

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Concordat posted:

I was under the impression that the particular scope used on the prop gun was not one of these, though I can't seem to find any information on what end of it is the objective lens.
The fat end is the eyepiece -- that style is still fairly common and the fat end is always the eyepiece. I don't know enough about that scope to say if it's really a long eye relief not so it's possible it's just a low mag rifle scope the prop folks pulled out of their asses* in which case you wouldn't be able to see poo poo out of it. Jerry is an irons master anyways so he wasn't likely using it. Someone in TFR probably knows all about it so if you're curious you can always ask in the general questions thread, they're pretty friendly.

*see how the first lightsabers were made from Graflex flash guns with the reflectors removed. If you're a graflex camera collector you get to compete with all the star wars nerds who want to cut that stuff up into their personal toy! :argh:

Kumaton posted:

I wonder if there's any in-progress shots, like the guy that whittled a skeleton for his Sally Acorn fuckdoll.
I think you mean that we hope whittled a skeleton and didn't dig one up.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

silentsnack posted:

I'm not 100% sure since I only have a vague notion of how these things feel, but I'd guess what you describe is "horror delivered by way of induced cognitive dissonance."

To use the uncanny valley as a reference, seeing the head lulls you into a false sense of it's-not-so-bad by presenting a familiar form on the completely mostly nonhuman side of the scale (slightly off-putting but harmless, depending on how much bronies annoy you) and then as you scroll further it takes a dive right into the nightmare zone when you recognize that it is obviously made to be a sexual totem, vaguely human-shaped but distorted and completely wrong; it could also take a turn into the cosmic horror spectrum when your mind finishes processing that there is a member of your species jerking off to that image at this very moment.

Yeah, this sounds about right. It's normal and horrifying at the same time, but because you only see the normal starting out it's that much more jarring. If the image was small enough to fit on the page without scrolling it wouldn't be nearly as impactful.
Additionally there's a measure of discomfort in the tactile sense, in that the viewer's action of scrolling the page lends them a small amount of culpability. Unwittingly and unwillingly, your finger brought this thing into the world and now you're partially to blame for its existence in your life.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Parts Kit posted:

I think you mean that we hope whittled a skeleton and didn't dig one up.

Hey, I'll have you know that skeletons don't just come out of the ground all nice and clean. You need to get the flesh off first, usually by using a bunch of carnivorous beetles. At least, that's how you prep animal bones for taxidermy...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
and now for a game that is better than undertale

https://twitter.com/poupaboy/status/781192380833751041

https://twitter.com/bitbybit16/status/780218223979474944

https://twitter.com/bbdanbb_v2/status/780060528248918016

https://twitter.com/bitbybit16/status/779497191337369600

NSFW

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

what's the deal with the whole LISA vs Undertale dynamic, that's some dumb poo poo.

Does the terrible fangame Pokemon Uranium count as fanart? It features gripping story elements such as

quote:

The hero, a teenager who grew up in Moki Town, begins their adventure reluctantly. After their mother Lucille disappeared ten years ago in a nuclear catastrophe,

and

quote:

Things aren't as sunny as they first seem, though. Just when the accident ten years ago had been all but forgotten, new mysteries emerge. A new power plant is built over the site of the old one. Kellyn begins acting strangely, journeying to the far reaches of the region and questioning whether the main character's mother is really deceased. Sinister Pokémon, corrupted by nuclear radiation, threaten innocent people. In the midst of the turmoil, it seems that an impending disaster is looming over Tandor...and there might be only one person who can prevent it

Obviously the best part, however, are the super cool original pokemon!

oh

oh.

aw geeze

well... maybe the sprites are better?

no, no they are not

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crocoswine posted:

what's the deal with the whole LISA vs Undertale dynamic, that's some dumb poo poo.

they are both games with great writing and probably terrible fanbases

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crocoswine posted:

They're both indie RPGs made by one guy in his bedroom that are heavily inspired by Earthbound. Despite drawing from the same source of inspiration, they are drastically different though. Comparisons are kind of inevitable but I don't think there's any need to argue about which is better since they play out so differently. Some people might be bitter about Undertale overshadowing LISA, I guess, but I don't think that is really the case. If anything more people ended up playing it just because Undertale got people to pay more attention to indie games.

LISA has a better soundtrack than Undertale though

quote:

Obviously the best part, however, are the super cool original pokemon!

You missed the "best" one.

Its name is Daikatuna.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

They're both indie RPGs made by one guy in his bedroom that are heavily inspired by Earthbound. Despite drawing from the same source of inspiration, they are drastically different though. Comparisons are kind of inevitable but I don't think there's any need to argue about which is better since they play out so differently. Some people might be bitter about Undertale overshadowing LISA, I guess, but I don't think that is really the case. If anything more people ended up playing it just because Undertale got people to pay more attention to indie games.

Its name is Daikatuna.

The well of Pokemon Uranium runs deep, I have barely scratched the surface here.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Its name is Daikatuna.

The overall thing that sets them apart is that Undertale (or the main story of Undertale, at least) gives a very optimistic message while LISA gives a very pessimistic one. Not only in story, but in music, aesthetics, and gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I only played the first one, but you could have told me those were legit pokemon from one if the later games and I'd believe it.

• Locked thread