Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
OK, yeah, but FOLLOW THE SHOE

edit: gently caress

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phimosissy posted:

Well, I laughed. Mainly because it was so unexpected. I like retail well enough in general, but this is a rare sort of joke for the strip.

What the serious poo poo happened here

She pulled his shoe off and then it POPped back on. Happens all the time.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Also, that's clearly James the neighbor kid but she keeps calling him Buggy. I think Rick Detorie has Alzheimer's.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This is the Origin of Buckethead.

Buckethead has but one desire. Buckethead won't let chickens expire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY7jSesdxl0&hd=1

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (October 1, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Five (June 20-22, 1955)

Welcome to the 1950s. Please check your retro catchphrase in the vestibule.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

...And the obvious conflict of interest that your new head of security has is of no concern to you because?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze does not know how babby formed.

DeForrest Kelley is spinning in his loving grave, you assholes. :argh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Beetle Bailey

I don't get it. :confused:

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Heart of the City

Invisible Bread

Jim's Journal

Kliban

Lockhorns

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Beetle Bailey

She's attempting to entice her prospective ride to pull over by informing the driver that she believes he has a tiny dick.

Phantom Classic

Hey! :haw:

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Can anybody figure out this Blondie strip from the other day? I saw it in an actual newspaper today and I don't understand what the joke is supposed to be

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Wanamingo posted:

Can anybody figure out this Blondie strip from the other day? I saw it in an actual newspaper today and I don't understand what the joke is supposed to be

The distracted boy is leaving the residence of one Mr. Dagwood Bumstead.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Peter Cetera is history's greatest monster, you hack! :argh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ginger Meggs

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

Pardon My Planet

I don't it. :confused:

Pickles

Quincy

Reply All

Ziggy

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tiggum posted:

Pardon My Planet

I don't it. :confused:

I've never understood reply all jokes because my whole life "reply" and "reply all" have been completely different buttons in the e-mail draft box, and even if I hit reply all by accident I would immediately be alerted to it by the huge line of addressees that would appear in the receiving box. Unless you're a complete idiot I don't see how you could send an individual reply to all the original addressees unintentionally.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
He's talking about the comic, not the button, sheesh. :rolleyes:

:cheeky:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Arguably, you weren't any more "ready" than he was. What you're thinking he wasn't "ready" for is beyond me, since you two weren't talking about marriage and you were the one who put the brakes on anything physical. But all that is beside the point, since you didn't break up over being "ready" anyway.

The two of you wanted different things in your lives and out of your relationship. This is thing that happens, especially at major turning points like leaving high school and entering college. It is not a matter of fault. If your breaking up was his fault for wanting an acting career, then it is also equally your fault for wanting a teaching career. Assigning fault in a situation like that is ridiculous. Pull your head out of your rear end.

Gettin' real about Luann.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, 1 day ago
@nextframe
“Nah he has feeling for Bernice so I doubt he will go for Luann.”

quote:

If You’re Lucky Gunther, Luann will Hate the Dress.
THEN, You’ll have to ‘Measure’ Her Again…..,

quote:

Wasn’t ready? Dream on! A passion like acting isn’t something you grow out of, not if you’re actually working at it like Quill, as opposed to a poser like Jonah. Quill’s only shot at romance would be with another performer who’s on the same page when it comes to crazy schedules.

quote:

IamJayBluE said, 1 day ago
“Ships In The Night”
“Luann Standard Time”
“Pieces Of Eight O’Clock” (♪♫)
“Ah, Leah!…I Mean Luann!…” (♫)
“Wrong Train A Runnin’ " (♫)
“The Not- In -Service Express”
“Nowhere, In A Hurry”
“Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere” (♪♫)
“Save The Last Coincidence, For Me” (♫)
“Time To Save All The Daylight You Can”
or
“Never A Sche-duled Moment…”

quote:

SukieCrandall GoComics PRO Member said, about 19 hours ago
I write this from the closet

It is my last day on Earth as a t-shirt

My only chance to return to this universe is reincarnation as a checked shirt

They seem so mild, those checked shirts

No one realized that the spaces between the lines are maws

As Gunther sleeps they eat away at us
Nibble, nibble, gulp

After they are done with us they will start in on him again

First his chest will sink in

Then his budding willingness to experiment will be gnawed away

There is only one hope.

Clear them from the closet. Clear their fabric from storage.

Sew t-shirts

Sew many t-shirts

Populate the world with t-shirts

At least we don’t consume you.

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Dustin

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail Meets Edit Bait

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Not being invited to somebody else's wedding is not what he should be pissed at Luann about. He should be pissed that he did her homework for her and made a custom bridesmaid dress for her without being paid. All she provided was a sketch. (She may have bought the fabric-- comic says she "picked" it-- that's still not enough financial contribution for so little actual physical contribution.)

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

I might actually enjoy watching a Ted Forth-coached softball game.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's hideous. It looks like she's wearing two nightgowns, one of which is too short for her.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

It's hideous. It looks like she's wearing two nightgowns, one of which is too short for her.

And what's with the bowtie just beneath the bust?

At least Mordock999 will be disappointed.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Green Intern posted:

That bow isn't helping matters, either. Is that what won the contest?

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

JaggerMcDagger posted:

quote:

Wait, let Me get a Big Cup of COFFEE before I Write This.
Gunther, it PAINS Me to Say This, but Pretty Boy is (CRINGE) ‘Right,’ for Once in His Annoying Life. Once again, Lu has Conned You into doing HER Bidding for What? The Ten Thousandeth Time? And what will YOU get Out of It? LAUGHED At in Engineering Class and Later, Being FORCED to Watch Luann and ‘Smart-Mouth’ here get Back together? BAH!!
Gunther, This ‘Passive, Goody-Two Shoes, Pollyanna’ Act of Yours has gone on LONG Enough!
Design Luann’s dress, but make SURE it ‘Malfunctions’ When She struts Down the aisle. Call INS and have Pretty Boy DEPORTED, as I’ve been Telling You for Years.
Then go help Tiffany with Her ‘Homework.’
I Mean, REALLY, ‘Help’ Her…..

The only thing THAT exceed's mordock's post count about the 'newspaper comic Luann (CRINGE)' is his DEBT from purchasing DOZENS of "REAL" 'dolls'.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

His use of caps really pisses me off for some reason.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Endless Mike posted:

His use of caps really pisses me off for some reason.

I imagine he sounds like Bobcat Goldthwait doing a 300% Bobcat Goldthwait impression.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
Ran out of Wash Tubbs, but I'll try to scan some more up over the weekend.

King Aroo (September 6, 1951)

Nancy (October 21, 1943)

Gasoline Alley (July 19, 1923)

Barney Google (July 20, 1922)

Alley Oop (October 19, 1933)

Lil' Abner (March 18, 1937)

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

The only thing THAT exceed's mordock's post count about the 'newspaper comic Luann (CRINGE)' is his DEBT from purchasing DOZENS of "REAL" 'dolls'.
[/quote]

I hate being near the commissions area of cons for this reason. I can hear it now...

"I would like to commission drawing of a wardrobe malfunction in Luann...."

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 5 hours ago
Wooooooow! GREAT Dress Gunther! Truly the Work of a Visionary!!! Although I would have had that neckline PLUNGE Precipitously toward Her Lovely Navel and Gotten RID of that Bow Tie Thing, It’s STILL An Attention Grabbing Dress!
Now, You need to Talk about how Luann is going to ‘Reward’ You, Part.
First, Close the Door……,
I really, really hope this guy is on a watch list somewhere. As it is I feel dirty just c/p-ing that.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Evil Mastermind posted:

I really, really hope this guy is on a watch list somewhere. As it is I feel dirty just c/p-ing that.

I love how he's outshining the list of titles gimmick.

Anyway, something to note about mordock999 is that about half of his capitalized words are bolded as well. It's really not worth the effort of reformatting his posts everytime I post them though, I feel. I'll have the rest of the usual suspects later for you guys!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Green Intern posted:

I imagine he sounds like Bobcat Goldthwait doing a 300% Bobcat Goldthwait impression.

The all-caps words are annoying but it's the whole Starting Every Word With a Cap that really annoys me. I can't explain it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

The all-caps words are annoying but it's the whole Starting Every Word With a Cap that really annoys me. I can't explain it.
Probably because it's not every word; it just seems to be mostly random. There's really no consistency to it at all.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

Beetle Bailey

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member posted:

An attractive woman using her BODY to try to get what she wants, and as USUAL she GETS it. Sure, she'll get a ride, but what she won't do is give the DRIVER a RIDE! What the Driver Should do is make CLEAR that in return for his Services Rendered, he Expects Some SERVICES RENDERED By Her! What he SHOULD do is pull over on some DARK Side Street after driving out in the middle of NOWHERE so she can't GET AWAY and there's NOWHERE to RUN and teach her how to DRIVE a STICK! I Hate Women! Why Won't They Sleep With Me?

Tiggum posted:

Jim's Journal

I remember this one. It was all right. Is it still going or are these reruns? If I remember right, it was literally "Jim's Journal" in a way and followed his life through school and into starting working and stuff.

F Minus

It's not a bad idea.

Mary Worth

You know what might help? Platitudes from an old retired widow!

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Why can't he just call it what it is and say the words "Radical Italian Anarchists"?

Apartment 3-G

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 29, 2016

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

I've never understood reply all jokes because my whole life "reply" and "reply all" have been completely different buttons in the e-mail draft box, and even if I hit reply all by accident I would immediately be alerted to it by the huge line of addressees that would appear in the receiving box. Unless you're a complete idiot I don't see how you could send an individual reply to all the original addressees unintentionally.

Do you not work with people over the age of 40? Because this is a chronic, weekly problem in my life. I'm not sure what's worse though: hitting reply all by accident or using it on purpose to say "thanks" to 400+ people.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Well this will be a short storyline once somebody teaches her what Loving v Virginia is.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Modesty and Willie are trying so very hard not to have an adventure this time and the story is like, "No, this is happening."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

"Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member" posted:

EVEN if the Girl Regains consciousness, There's NO WAY the Police can link ANYONE With what Happened to her

• Locked thread