Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Matt Ryan is good in the same way plain white bread is good.
White bread is meaningless and awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I just realized that this is the week TNF isn't on CBS or Twitter Thanks a loving Lot NFL

Damnit, I was under the assumption TNF would be streaming on twitter all year. I shoulda known it was too good to be true.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ice cold horchata posted:

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/781500265769951232

Chances to make the playoffs along with the impact of this week's game.

This is the poo poo I love. A while back 538 had a tool that calculated how each game of the week affected your team's playoff chances. It was fun to decide who to root for based on that. But sadly I don't think they've brought it back

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Hello friends I know that some of you are still confused and concerned to be living in the darkest timeline, so I would like to direct you towards this handy guide of noted BFF of Tom Brady and harbinger of the end times future president Donalt Trump: www dot trumpdebatefacts dot com.

In it you will find handy fact-checks to help clarify what you can expect from our slow decent into soul-sundering apocalypse and the rending of flesh 19-0. Here is an example.

I am very excited to be going on this journey with you all and find "Discord" to be an appropriately-branded means of communication for the horrors that await us all.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Athanatos posted:

Matt Ryan is good in the same way plain white bread is good.

I'd be shocked if the Bears somehow got 3 wins this season. Hell, they'll lose to the Jags

I prefer whole wheat bread, thanks.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Steelers are working on an offensive play package with Le'Veon Bell in the slot to keep DWill in the backfield at the same time, ostensibly as a red zone formation

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Steelers are working on an offensive play package with Le'Veon Bell in the slot to keep DWill in the backfield at the same time, ostensibly as a red zone formation

They fuckin' love throwing quick outs to LevBell at the goal line (I think he got a few fades even?), this makes sense to keep the threat/option to run there anyways. Smart.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Interesting article on why teams playing at the Packers stay in Appleton rather than Green Bay.

quote:

This is the most peculiar hotel situation in the NFL. While there are numerous fine hotels within spitting distance of Lambeau, teams choose to stay a ways away at what is not exactly a luxury establishment. “A 30-minute drive from the hotel to the stadium is pretty commonplace in other NFL cities,” Aaron Popkey, the Packers’ director of public affairs and former travel manager, told me, and, in places like Dallas or San Francisco teams frequently stay more than 30 minutes away from the stadium.* But according to Rich Ryman, the Packers business reporter for the Green Bay Press-Gazette, it’s the only situation where a visiting NFL team stays in a different city—not just a suburb or adjacent metropolitan area—from the home team.

[...]

Why isn’t Green Bay the place to be for visiting NFL teams? The NFL is a different league than it was in the 1980s. As pro football grew in popularity, the financial gap between fans and players grew, and front offices became more protective of their most valuable assets. Security details got bigger and teams wanted to be a bit more secluded. The Paper Valley offered the perfect give and take: Teams would sacrifice the perks (and price) of boutique downtown hotels for assurances of security and privacy. As one reporter summarized it for me, “the players are not fans of the hotel, but the teams are.” In other cities, teams sometimes find seclusion in the suburbs or near the airport—though they mostly choose to stay as close to the stadium as possible. Generally, they don’t skimp on expensive hotels. But when they fly to northern Wisconsin, they do.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

bastards........

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Forever_Peace posted:

They fuckin' love throwing quick outs to LevBell at the goal line (I think he got a few fades even?), this makes sense to keep the threat/option to run there anyways. Smart.

If/when Ladarius Greene ever comes off PUP, I just don't know how teams will be able to defend this team. Of course that means nothing, but theoretically drat

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So, uh, Bleacher Report has been doing a weekly power rankings of the top THOUSAND NFL players: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2665845-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-1000-players-from-week-3/page/3

This is our reality.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

fsif posted:

So, uh, Bleacher Report has been doing a weekly power rankings of the top THOUSAND NFL players: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2665845-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-1000-players-from-week-3/page/3

This is our reality.

gently caress that loud rear end autoplaying video holy poo poo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

is it a slideshow with 1000 slides

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ehud posted:

is it a slideshow with 1000 slides

literally the first thing I thought to myself too

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EZfZ--5mAQ

Yeah I'm still not watching Catching Kelce.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

Does anyone know where I can find weekly offense team stats?

Like this

but weekly.

I don't think they do weekly team stats, but you can for weekly player stats :

http://www.nfl.com/stats/weeklyleaders?week=3&season=2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
advanced metrics

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kalli posted:

I don't think they do weekly team stats, but you can for weekly player stats :

http://www.nfl.com/stats/weeklyleaders?week=3&season=2016

Yeah I knew about the weekly leaders. Sadly my buddy requesting the stats wants team stats. Guess I'll just have to make it by subtracting stats weekly. Sigh.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:lol:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If/when Ladarius Greene ever comes off PUP, I just don't know how teams will be able to defend this team. Of course that means nothing, but theoretically drat

Yeah I wouldn't bet on a player with 1000 receiving yards since 2012 turning into even Martellus Bennett.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Whoa why you gotta attack sugar bread

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Does anyone know where I can find weekly offense team stats?

Like this

but weekly.

p-f-r has all that stuff in the box scores but it's not in a table so it might not be all that useful: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201609180crd.htm

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah I knew about the weekly leaders. Sadly my buddy requesting the stats wants team stats. Guess I'll just have to make it by subtracting stats weekly. Sigh.

Whatever code is used for 1kob might be able to strip weekly stats on a team basis with some tweaks? It's worth checking out, the smarthouse thread is where I first heard about the idea.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I wouldn't have guessed the Vikings would be sitting so pretty here. I can understand why, they already have one win over Green Bay and the rest of the division is...shall we politely say questionable. Still possibly being in the 90% range after Sunday makes my brain balk at something.

Wins over Carolina and New York will also be pretty meaningful for potential Wild Card tie breakers.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

fsif posted:

This is our reality.

Duron Harmon is the 29th most powerful (whatever that means) player in the NFL, seems legit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Players of the Month for September:

AFC:
O: LeGarrette Blount - 75 carries, 295 yards, 4 TD's, and one cornerback hurdled this season.
D: Von Miller - 5 sacks, 3 against Andrew Luck
ST: Justin Tucker - 9 for 9 on FG's

NFC:
O: Matt Ryan - 7 TD's to 1 int, 71% completion percentage while torching the Saints and Raiders secondaries *cough*
D: Fletcher Cox - 3 sacks, 2 against Roethlisberger
ST: Dustin Hopkins - 11 for 11 on FG's.

Rookie
O: Carson Wentz - HoF
D: Deion Jones - LB for the Falcons

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Raiders are currently the #2 offense in the NFL.

The last time the Raiders were top 5 was in 2002.

I'm not saying Derek Carr is Rich Gannon or Amari Cooper/Crabtree are Jerry Rice and Tim Brown, but...they're pretty great and it's really cool to watch!

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

Kirk is gonna get him an extension.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

NFC:
O: Matt Ryan - 7 TD's to 1 int, 71% completion percentage while torching the Saints and Raiders secondaries *cough*

Don't take this from us! It's all about to come crashing down!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

AFC:
O: LeGarrette Blount - 75 carries, 295 yards, 4 TD's, and one cornerback hurdled this season.

NFC:

Rookie

Those shouldn't count.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Whatever code is used for 1kob might be able to strip weekly stats on a team basis with some tweaks? It's worth checking out, the smarthouse thread is where I first heard about the idea.

It uses nfldb which is a bit of a bitch to set up, but yes it would give you pretty much anything you wanted. (I wrote the 1kyob code)

I normally use NFL Savant for team stats but it appears to be having a meltdown at the moment.

I also use SportingCharts but I'm not sure weekly team stats would be easy to find.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

AFC:

NFC:

Rookie

Based on the criteria for the AFC Defensive Player of the Month, Everson Griffen was screwed :colbert:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

WHOOPS posted:

Based on the criteria for the AFC Defensive Player of the Month, Everson Griffen was screwed :colbert:
The Vikings play in the AFC? nothing to see here :v:

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 29, 2016

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hmm its Thursday and neither of the Chiefs starting corners have been able to practice this week....that is not optimal

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

The Vikings play in the AFC?

Yes, obviously.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can read gud :downs:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I wouldn't bet on a player with 1000 receiving yards since 2012 turning into even Martellus Bennett.

He sorta never got the chance, considering who he played behind

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/playerstribune/status/781486018402713601

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WHOOPS posted:

Oh the NFL doesn't release any criteria or notice.

You'd think if you were doing this, you'd have a highlight package ready to go and have some talking heads go Wow, this guy! for a minute, but instead this is the entirety of what they release:

and leave it to PFT or local beatwriters to add in "oh yeah, Von Miller really pushed this guy's poo poo in this month"

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seattle @ Jets is going to be a rain game. I hope it's a slopfest nightmare and Wilson will be running around on it.

• Locked thread