Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Sean Payton or Donald Trump? Neither one of them will be winning in November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Antonio Brown is going to run wild Sunday night and I am not looking forward to it.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Good upcoming slate - Raiders v. Ravens , bills vs. pats and hte primetime games are pretty decent for this time of year

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:colbert:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I missed the game. I was busy doing something much less important and entertaining.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
week 4 byes are stupid

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm going to the game this weekend and wearing my Brees Chargers jersey

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

I missed the game. I was busy doing something much less important and entertaining.

Ms. Chiche agrees

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

oldgoatmon posted:

week 4 byes are stupid
Connor Barwin was on the radio today, and he said a good way to look at it is they've basically been hard at it for 8-9 weeks counting camp and preseason, so this is pretty close to the middle of the year for them.

It's good for maybe a rehab standpoint and some time to get the OL squared away (thanks again Lane), but it's brutal as far as momentum goes.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

shyduck posted:

Connor Barwin was on the radio today, and he said a good way to look at it is they've basically been hard at it for 8-9 weeks counting camp and preseason, so this is pretty close to the middle of the year for them.

It's good for maybe a rehab standpoint and some time to get the OL squared away (thanks again Lane), but it's brutal as far as momentum goes.

I listened to that interview and still felt like it was spin.

The preseason doesn't hold the physical weight for vets as it might for someone trying to make a roster spot. It's still dumb and they should flex the bye so wentz can keep on playing.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I apologize on the behalf of the AFC South for anyone who wakes up early on Sunday to watch the Colts Jags in London.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Athanatos posted:

I apologize on the behalf of the AFC South for anyone who wakes up early on Sunday to watch the Colts Jags in London.

I get up early for 49ers tailgating because my father-in-law is a crazy person I'm just happy to have something on TV that isn't bloviating talking heads to watch

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

oldgoatmon posted:

week 4 byes are stupid

Packers need theirs badly. We'll need the two weeks to teach Randall how to actually cover in a zone defense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Athanatos posted:

Please don't apologize for the first official head coach firing of the season

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hue, sign Marcel Reece. Pryor needs weapons.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chris James 2 posted:

Please don't apologize for the first official head coach firing of the season

You mean Jeff Fisher? Oh that's right, extended till 2040.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

shyduck posted:

oldgoatmon posted:

The preseason doesn't hold the physical weight for vets as it might for someone trying to make a roster spot. It's still dumb and they should flex the bye so wentz can keep on playing.

it's probably good for ol' Car-dogg, considering he's a rookie coming back from injury. I haven't (yet) deluded myself into thinking they're going to make some deep run in January, so I'm fine with the bye coming where it is for the rookies/young players. it's also a good time to get Wentz back in the film room and go over some fundamentals/things he needs to work on without having to immediately prep for the following game. also there's no such thing as momentum.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
Can't believe the Texans aren't first in the poll...Fitzpatrick has been throwing terrible picks his whole career but it's not every day that a team gets shut out by a 3rd string rookie 3rd rd QB.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

trevor siemian only cost the Broncos like 5 bucks and a slurpee

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
A week 4 bye is horrible.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Everything about last night was uncomfortable.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

El Patron posted:

A week 4 bye is horrible.

i remember reading that players don't mind it because it falls more in the middle of their season when you count OTAs and the preseason

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

v2vian man posted:

i remember reading that players don't mind it because it falls more in the middle of their season when you count OTAs and the preseason

yeah but that's also if you're not counting a playoff push

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

indigi posted:

yeah but that's also if you're not counting a playoff push

Well he probably read that in an article about the browns so

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

That Works posted:

Everything about last night was uncomfortable.

It's given me some good jokes to work through the pain.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A.o.D. posted:

The Jaguars will take him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

I understand your feelings, but why exactly do you think this would make things better?

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Athanatos posted:

But if you are in the UK and keen to see it all unfold in person, I've got spare tickets for primo seats available!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

Well he probably read that in an article about the browns so

Hey I know all about the playoff push. playoff push my attention to hockey by the end of November!!!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Grittybeard posted:

I understand your feelings, but why exactly do you think this would make things better?

It won't, short term. Keeping Sean Payton, the scouting team, and the current front office will result in the continuation of the same policies that hace resulted in the perpetual cap hell and miserable performances that we're saddled with and have been stuck with for the past few years. Getting rid of them will make things suck really badly for the next two years, but at least the bleeding will be stopped and this team can possibly rebuild.

If we keep the current regime, things will continue on their same downward trend until inevitably they are cut loose and the rebuilding begins at a later date. It's best to just get it over with. It has been a wonderful ride, but now I think it's time to get off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

I guess I know nothing about the Saints other than the ownership lawsuit stuff, does Payton have full personnel control? Because other than a cap wizard to tell them 'no, oh god do not do this' that seems like the biggest issue there.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If the ownership situation is that bad the Saints should probably keep Payton and Brees, hope it's resolved in 2 years and ride out the storm while at least watching a good offense. Shoot your GM if he tries to sign anyone to a contract for over a couple of million and let the salary purge happen naturally so that when Brees is about dead you can start anew with an un-hosed cap.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

If the ownership situation is that bad the Saints should probably keep Payton and Brees, hope it's resolved in 2 years and ride out the storm while at least watching a good offense. Shoot your GM if he tries to sign anyone to a contract for over a couple of million and let the salary purge happen naturally so that when Brees is about dead you can start anew with an un-hosed cap.

If they don't keep at least making efforts to help Brees break Peyton's various records than he'll take his jimmy johns and go home.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Lions are going to blow this Bears game the same way the Bears blew one last year to give Detroit its first win, I can feel it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Lions are going to blow this Bears game the same way the Bears blew one last year to give Detroit its first win, I can feel it.

This Bears team is toast.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Bears have lost six straight to the Lions.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
The Bills are producing a documentary on the Ryans calling it "Rex & Rob reunited".

Here is the first episode http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Rex-and-Rob-Reunited-Part-1/59293d2a-bcd8-4b43-960a-c2893ed7007e

It seems like the goal of the 1-2 Bills is to win the Super Bowl.

MASSIVE SUCCESS!

Lol, it even has Incognito talking about bonding and camaraderie

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 27, 2016

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The Bears have lost six straight to the Lions.

So you're saying they're due for a win?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I love weeks with an early morning game. Such a nice way to wake up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

oldgoatmon posted:

I listened to that interview and still felt like it was spin.

They had an Andy Reid-style pads on 2-a-day training camp. I know everyone is excited to see football mans tackle each other, but I can't fathom how loving exhausting that is.

• Locked thread