Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Oh the NFL doesn't release any criteria or notice.

You'd think if you were doing this, you'd have a highlight package ready to go and have some talking heads go Wow, this guy! for a minute, but instead this is the entirety of what they release:

I didn't really think they had a criteria, nor do I think Griffen got "robbed". It really only stood out cause you could do a find and replace NFL.com's write up of Von Miller with Everson Griffen and it'd be pretty much the same thing.

But you're right though - like, why does the NFL.com story not have a highlight package? Their fan engagement leaves a lot to be desired (i want to die every time i read their twitter captions).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Forever_Peace posted:

It uses nfldb which is a bit of a bitch to set up, but yes it would give you pretty much anything you wanted. (I wrote the 1kyob code)

I normally use NFL Savant for team stats but it appears to be having a meltdown at the moment.

I also use SportingCharts but I'm not sure weekly team stats would be easy to find.

I prefer nflgame (by the same author as nfldb) for simple tasks as the queries make a bit more sense to my simple brain.

But swing by the Smarthouse thread, grittybeard, and we'll get ya hooked up. Well not me, my laptop died the day before an overseas move. But someone!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

The Vikings play in the AFC? nothing to see here :v:

I saw it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WHOOPS posted:

But you're right though - like, why does the NFL.com story not have a highlight package? Their fan engagement leaves a lot to be desired (i want to die every time i read their twitter captions).

Seriously, how hard would it be to roll up on the NBA and poach away some of their fan engagement people?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Same.

https://twitter.com/JaySkurski/status/781554343191449602

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pops Mgee posted:

No bands from Green Bay so no dumb shirt.
:cool:

Green Day turned down a chance to shill? Or did nobody think to ask them? Name's close enough...

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Seriously, how hard would it be to roll up on the NBA and poach away some of their fan engagement people?

They have bigger problems now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/29/why-is-tv-viewership-down/

Perhaps we've finally found the issue that could remove the golden commissioner.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Perhaps we've finally found the issue that could remove the golden commissioner.

nice getty image in there, florio

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Haha the comments are filled with "Blame Colin Kaepernick" posts.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

quote:

The younger generation no longer congregates around a large box; they carry small ones everywhere they go, constantly staring at them like zombies peering in to a sardine can full of brains.

"Fuckin young people are ruining our game!"

Maybe people are tired of watching catch/not a catch.

Or maybe taking the fun out of scoring and winning by throwing a flag every time a man busts a move is taking away from the game.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

maybe there are more young people than old people and maybe young people like "fun" so maybe you should stop being the no fun league

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some Commissioner is going to come into the NFL one day and take away all the bullshit protect the shield rules and it is going to be fine.

Like the day Lowtax finally caved and stopped banning people for empty quoting and not capitalizing letters.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seems kind of obvious that cable is hemorrhaging subscribers and once you decide to cut cable, there's just a natural number of people who never bother to put up an antenna and then just wander away or are happy with reddit streams.

Not sure if they're counted in viewership or even what they cost, but the cheapest online options are ESPN at $20 a month on Sling or NFLN + ESPN for like $30 on Playstation Vue, so if you're cutting cable and just want football, those aren't great prices either.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ice cold horchata posted:

maybe there are more young people than old people and maybe young people like "fun" so maybe you should stop being the no fun league

I can't imagine that resulting in anything but baseball's culture and no one under like 50 likes the MLB anymore.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

I can't imagine that resulting in anything but baseball's culture and no one under like 50 likes the MLB anymore.

I think you're misinterpreting what I said.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Seems kind of obvious that cable is hemorrhaging subscribers and once you decide to cut cable, there's just a natural number of people who never bother to put up an antenna and then just wander away or are happy with reddit streams.

Not sure if they're counted in viewership or even what they cost, but the cheapest online options are ESPN at $20 a month on Sling or NFLN + ESPN for like $30 on Playstation Vue, so if you're cutting cable and just want football, those aren't great prices either.

This is exactly me. We got sick of the crazy expensive cable bills, so we cut TV out entirely and stream everything. Usually reddit streams are more than adequate, and the twitter streams have been great as well. I'm going to get an HD antenna and firestick and call it a day. It's just not worth the monthly fees.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In other news, Drew Bledsoe has a winemaker buddy of his named Josh McDaniels.

It's like one of those Kennedy - Lincoln secretary coincidences.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Which of you two was all upset that someone called Matt Ryan good in the QB thread?

It was me.

Also, his stat line against the Raiders, Buccs and Saints is about to count for gently caress-all.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

It was me.

Also, his stat line against the Raiders, Buccs and Saints is about to count for gently caress-all.

You can nearly say the same thing about the Carolina defensive stats though. Broncos, 49ers and Vikings aren't exactly lighting the world ablaze offensively.

Not that I'm not nervous/curious to see the offense take on an actual NFL defense...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Matt Ryan makes super lovely throws, although he seemed like an unstoppable monster against the Saints. I guess his ability varies like most people. He had a super good night on Monday.

Against the Buccs, passes were behind receivers constantly, and he didn't see wide-open guys. He was clearly the reason we lost that game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Matt Ryan makes super lovely throws, although he seemed like an unstoppable monster against the Saints. I guess his ability varies like most people. He had a super good night on Monday.

Against the Buccs, passes were behind receivers constantly, and he didn't see wide-open guys. He was clearly the reason we lost that game.

My sarcasm detector moved a bit...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

My sarcasm detector moved a bit...

I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

The guy has hit or miss performances, and he was real real bad against the Buccs. He had SO MANY loving throws end up behind guys.

Against the Saints? Different story altogether. He seemed unstoppable. Guys were hit in stride, on the numbers, frozen rope passes into coverage... he was a different person.

edit: Looks like cutting off my dick and genitals worked after all!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

The guy has hit or miss performances, and he was real real bad against the Buccs. He had SO MANY loving throws end up behind guys.

He missed some, but he is not the reason they lost. Giving up 31 at home to the Buccs, with all the boneheaded penalties is the reason they lost.

You are right though, he threw behind his wr's a few times.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

He missed some, but he is not the reason they lost. Giving up 31 at home to the Buccs, with all the boneheaded penalties is the reason they lost.

You are right though, he threw behind his wr's a few times.

No excuse not to hang at least 30 points on the loving Buccs. Our defense was shaky, sure, but the Buccs defense is hot garbage. Matt Ryan played a defense that was tailored to exploit his weaknesses. His former head coach and offensive coordinator on the other side of the field.

Edit:

They basically stayed in Tampa 2 all day, taking away his already pretty lovely deep-game. He was off-timing or inaccurate on the crossing routes and we ended up only scoring 24. Would have been less if not for a busted coverage on Sanu in the first half.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 29, 2016

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

No excuse not to hang at least 30 points on the loving Buccs. Our defense was shaky, sure, but the Buccs defense is hot garbage. Matt Ryan played a defense that was tailored to exploit his weaknesses. His former head coach and offensive coordinator on the other side of the field.

Edit:

They basically stayed in Tampa 2 all day, taking away his already pretty lovely deep-game. He was off-timing or inaccurate on the crossing routes and we ended up only scoring 24.

I hear you, they left plays out for sure. I dunno man. I dunno if it was game 1 weirdness or what, but I'm way more worried about the defense than I am the offense. Cam is going to have a career day at the rate we are going.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I hear you, they left plays out for sure. I dunno man. I dunno if it was game 1 weirdness or what, but I'm way more worried about the defense than I am the offense. Cam is going to have a career day at the rate we are going.

Trufant has had some lovely moments the last few games too.

I hope he cleans up the mistakes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are probably going to overcompensate their lack of KB targets last week and just feed the Falcons best player.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
PFF, but...

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/781559923016622081

Looks like that extension is gonna be worth it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers are probably going to overcompensate their lack of KB targets last week and just feed the Falcons best player.

Good thing for you he has hands of freaking stone.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I wouldn't bet on a player with 1000 receiving yards since 2012 turning into even Martellus Bennett.

He really only needs a play or two per game. I mean, it's not like defenses aren't already contending with AB and Le'Veon who are the work horses. I'm willing to bet he can manage that workload just fine

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He really only needs a play or two per game. I mean, it's not like defenses aren't already contending with AB and Le'Veon who are the work horses. I'm willing to bet he can manage that workload just fine

Eh, if you guys can get another WR going I could see that.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Eh, if you guys can get another WR going I could see that.

Sammie Coates has 3 consecutive games with 1 or more 40 yard recptions. The idea that no one else is doing anything on the team is kinda not reality

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/robdemovsky/status/781120440559366144

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bedard on DPI being out of control.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/29/nfl-defensive-pass-interference-penalties-blanket-coverage

quote:

Let’s unpack this. The Packers have thrown for 580 net yards this season—29th in the league—and they’ve picked up another 177 through DPI penalties (the next closest team is Denver, at 79 yards gained from DPI penalties). If you combine the numbers, the Packers have gained 757 yards through passing—a 30.5% increase through penalties—which would place them 14th in the league, right behind the Steelers (762). When five teams (Texans, Colts, Bills, Panthers and Ravens) haven’t gained a single DPI penalty yard, and another five have fewer than 10, something is wrong. It’s very wrong when a player named “Defensive PassInterference” is second for the Packers in receiving yardage behind Jordy Nelson (206) and ahead of Randall Cobb (132).

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

golden boys

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That's because the Packers are dirty cheaters that flail at the slightest touch and no I am not bitter at all

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Nick Perry too.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nick Perry too.

I'm real surprised by how good Perry has been this season. He'd been totally unremarkable the rest of his career and I figured he and Datone Jones were going to just be let go after this season.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Cardinals loving suck again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ramadu posted:

The Cardinals loving suck again.

It was All or Nothing Last year. They didn't get the all, and now they're nothing.

• Locked thread