Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Well someone messed up their interpretation of one of Tool's most straightforward songs.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Chichevache posted:

Well someone messed up their interpretation of one of Tool's most straightforward songs.

Well you see our society doesn't allow for successes unless there are also failures to act as a contrast.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I would be so concerned as to what that animal is running from at 5:40 ish. Unless herd animals on the sav a nnah just enjoy randomly bolting everywhere.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Outrail posted:

Well you see our society doesn't allow for successes unless there are also failures to act as a contrast.

Without my bad posting this forum would have no metric to grade good posting by. You owe your posting career to me, Ann Frank Fanfic.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

chitoryu12 posted:

Thanks for the link! I didn't know there was a new thread.

Edit: Or is that the old megathread reopened?

It's the old megathread, got moved to the election forum during one of old GBS' purges.

Get in while the getting's good, the defense just hosed up their entire opening and forgot they were supposed to call witnesses.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

value-brand cereal posted:

I would be so concerned as to what that animal is running from at 5:40 ish. Unless herd animals on the sav a nnah just enjoy randomly bolting everywhere.

It was probably running from the bikers themselves. Topi aren't that smart.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's the old megathread, got moved to the election forum during one of old GBS' purges.

Get in while the getting's good, the defense just hosed up their entire opening and forgot they were supposed to call witnesses.

General question, does anyone know how to block/disable the moving background in Chrome? It makes the thread unreadable for me.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Are you all watching Round 2 of Wells Fargo? Oh man.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Jamfrost posted:

Got a link?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I've been tuned in via C-SPAN.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?415981-1/ceo-john-stumpf-testifies-unauthorized-wells-fargo-accounts&live&vod

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Seeing him actually issuing a public apology there at the beginning is beautiful. Did we ever get anything similar from any of the banks that managed to overleverage and then capsize our motgage industry?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/09/29/live-wells-fargo-ceo-hearing/91260900/

A good live summary link

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

RNG posted:

General question, does anyone know how to block/disable the moving background in Chrome? It makes the thread unreadable for me.

Add this to your user styles (e.g. Stylish):

code:
body.forum_269 {
    background-image: none;
}

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Jamfrost posted:

As someone who just closed on a house with a loan from them, this is better than...well, anything. I need a change of pants.

The closing process took more than three months and was a constant fight. "Gross mismanagement" doesn't even come loving close. Rates kept changing, we'd get five and six identical letters from them in the mail every couple of days, and they'd ask for poo poo they already had--at one point, they said "we looked at your tax returns and had a question about your business income--would you mind sending us your tax returns so we can look at them?"

I'm not making this poo poo up--they actually looked at our tax returns (that we'd already submitted twice, by the way), shrugged, and went "hey can you send us your tax returns?"

At closing, none of the numbers the title company had matched what their representative had on her paperwork, even though Wells Fargo themselves had sent it to the title company.

loving Comcast has better, more competent employees than Wells Fargo.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Reading it is even better than watching. Just Democrat after Republican blasting this guy while he has nothing to say but 'I dunno' over and over. Guys got millions of dollars and doesn't have the guts to admit he hosed up or agree with anything and doesn't deserve his job.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

MizPiz posted:

After seeing so many committees like this rip apart CEOs and basically forget about it a couple days later, I can't help but feel the schad is on us.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

quote:

“When are you going to resign?” asked Roger Williams (R-Texas). “I’m really angry.” Williams blasted Stumpf for all the “I don’t know” responses he gave. “I’m amazed what you don’t know about your business.” Williams said he came to Congress to push deregulation but this fraud makes that difficult.

"Hey I came here to be an obstructive dickbag stop making this harder for me!"

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Outrail posted:

Reading it is even better than watching. Just Democrat after Republican blasting this guy while he has nothing to say but 'I dunno' over and over. Guys got millions of dollars and doesn't have the guts to admit he hosed up or agree with anything and doesn't deserve his job.

I love the republicans going over and over, "I was going to deregulate you, but this is going to make it harder! (please still give me money)"

efb

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Outrail posted:

Too bad that's the mentality of the banking industry - they gently caress up, they get bailed out, and the people in charge get a slap on the wrist. Until the CEO and any of his greedy rear end in a top hat underlings are jailed and have their personal/financial lives ruined, this is all for show and Stumpf has enough money that it won't matter to him, he'll either pay fines or end up in a cushy rich resort-style prison while the customers he screwed fight to get their lives back to normal.

I don't give two shits about people talking or "grilling" some douchebag, I care about someone taking action and legitimately holding him and WF accountable. Right now it's all hot air, distractions and bullshit aimed at making people think the government actually gives a drat about helping them, when history has clearly shown the opposite happening.

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 20:52 on Sep 29, 2016

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
They're investigating. :colbert: He also doesn't get 41 million dollars from his giant pool of money which is a little nice. I hope they follow through with criminal charges after talking with some of the fired employees.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jamfrost posted:

They're investigating. :colbert: He also doesn't get 41 million dollars from his giant pool of money which is a little nice. I hope they follow through with criminal charges after talking with some of the fired employees.

Oh, I'm sure they'll find a way to add 41 million to his golden parachute

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Azhais posted:

Oh, I'm sure they'll find a way to add 41 million to his golden parachute

I hear he's real close with the Chairman

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Jamfrost posted:

What it would take is a few CEO's being fined 'Whatever your parachute is', jailed in a not funtime prison and then banned from working in banking or sitting on the board of directors of any company for X years. That'll totally happen.

Actually what it would take is a mob crashing a directors meeting and hurling these rear end in a top hat off the roof, for every bank. Nah.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's so cute that some of you think this will lead to any changes or that anyone at the top will suffer any consequences. It's like the first time I got to vote for the president only to realize that it doesn't matter who you elect because nothing will ever change in the current system.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's so cute that some of you think this will lead to any changes or that anyone at the top will suffer any consequences. It's like the first time I got to vote for the president only to realize that it doesn't matter who you elect because nothing will ever change in the current system.

You don't vote because you want things to get better, you vote to stop things getting worse.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Outrail posted:

You don't vote because you want things to get better, you vote to stop things getting worse.

Yeah, as a pretty hard lefty I just want things to not actively go to hell.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Then you should vote for Trump. A president that both parties disagree with wouldn't be able to do much damage besides to the US's image. I can live with that. Not to mention the urge to move to another country has been strong for me and it may be the thing to push me over the edge.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does anyone actually know a person who decided to move out of a country because someone they didn't like became President? Because I knew a bunch of people promising to leave if Bush became President and a bunch promising to leave if Obama became President and all of them are still here.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Didn't that dude from Law & Order?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Does anyone actually know a person who decided to move out of a country because someone they didn't like became President? Because I knew a bunch of people promising to leave if Bush became President and a bunch promising to leave if Obama became President and all of them are still here.

Haha, there was a dude on these very forums who was on vacation to Italy and was asking for advice on how they could just not go back to the US, because the thought of a Trump presidency was just too terrifying.

So he wanted to live in a place that elected Silvio Berlusconi as prime minister

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I've always said the 5th Amendment is the biggest obstacle on the road to justice.

More like oldrightsless

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Outrail posted:

Have you ever thought that might be why we can't vote to make things better? :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

oldpainless posted:

Ya I know someone who moved to Australia after Bush "beat" Kerry.

I also know 20 people who said they would & didn't though.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Why don't they just RICO the entire company when something like this happens?

or is that sort of thing only done against the mob and such.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FreudianSlippers posted:

Why don't they just RICO the entire company when something like this happens?

or is that sort of thing only done against the mob and such.

Yes.

It seems to me it's a pretty clear RICO case when several employees from several locations all act criminally, but Wells Fargo are the good guys, so.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Yes.

It seems to me it's a pretty clear RICO case when several employees from several locations all act criminally, but Wells Fargo are the good guys, so.

"It's a big company, we can't be expected to track of all employees doings?" "Sure it was 2 million fraudulent accounts but that's like 1% of the company (if you include the janitors)." "What? No, we aren't too large, what gave you that idea?"

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

oldpainless posted:

I think to think that some of them run into the walls those other countries have built. "If Trump wins, I'm moving to Canada!" Ooookay, what makes you think Canada will let you immigrate? Most countries have way tighter immigration controls than the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Burning_Monk posted:

"It's a big company, we can't be expected to track of all employees doings?" "Sure it was 2 million fraudulent accounts but that's like 1% of the company (if you include the janitors)." "What? No, we aren't too large, what gave you that idea?"

Hah is that the actual counter-argument?

It'd be nice if the EU and the US could get into some one-up-man-ship on punishing multinationals. Fat chance, but it sure would be nice.