Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Soulex posted:

I think if they switched the Galil and the AK it would feel right.

M4 sounds nice. AUG sounds familiar to the real thing I think.

The guns I've fired (glock, beretta, AK) all sound pretty close to the real thing now so I bet that's the case with all the guns now. SG also sounds great btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

If there's one thing the counter-strike community has been clamoring for for ages, it's more realistic sounding guns.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
i very very much so dont give a poo poo about the guns sounding more realistic, all i care is that the sounds dont clip like hell

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Ya. It's funny that after years of complaining that the sounds clip people are now complaining they changed them.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
i find it more retarded when people bust out the "REALISM!!!!" angle when that's absolutely not the point of the sound updates

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i like all of the changes

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i find it more retarded when people bust out the "REALISM!!!!" angle when that's absolutely not the point of the sound updates

True, but it's a nice bonus :)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

AK sounds like dogshit now. Bring back the old AK

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

dex_sda posted:

True, but it's a nice bonus :)

i was more talking about people who react with "CSGO ISNT SUPOSE TO BE REALISTIC" after every sound update but yeah

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The ak doesn't sound angry now, I dislike that. I'm not a fan of the guns sounding more alike than not but in a month we'll stop remembering how they used to sound anyway.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ArfJason posted:

i was more talking about people who react with "CSGO ISNT SUPOSE TO BE REALISTIC" after every sound update but yeah

Who does this?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Goofballs posted:

The ak doesn't sound angry now, I dislike that. I'm not a fan of the guns sounding more alike than not but in a month we'll stop remembering how they used to sound anyway.

No, I think we'll remember that the good sound of the AK that has been a part of counterstrike since 1.6 is different and bad. Might even remember it forever.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Spiros posted:

AK sounds like dogshit now. Bring back the old AK

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I don't play with sound anyway what is the big deal???

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Spiros posted:

No, I think we'll remember that the good sound of the AK that has been a part of counterstrike since 1.6 is different and bad. Might even remember it forever.

You think these sounds that are as iconic as the Quake railgun shouldn't be changed or maybe should be in some form preserved? retard

sleppy posted:

I don't play with sound anyway what is the big deal???

if you know the map layout you can reasonably surmise where the enemies are located based on the brief red dots on the radar map combined with the radio commands of your team in the chat box

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Oh. Yeah.

The best comment about the new sounds I've seen so far was on a vid with them, some dude asking "how to control fullauto with that sound>" which I hope is a joke.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY
They changed to sound of the guns in the last 24 hours ?

I remember when they updated the sound of the weapons in css, I stopped playing shortly after, because I had over 1k hours in it, and I was dammed if I was going to put up with this new lovely sound.

Fortunately I only have a hundred or so hours in this pay to play , pay for free bulshit version of cs with its keys and boxes and other trash, so dropping it won't be such a big deal.

I am angry about videogames.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Another 2350 hit in a VAC wave, MM is really pleasant right now

http://www.vac-ban.com/

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bitching about the new sounds because of rose tinted goggles might be my favorite 1.6/Source circlejerk yet.

The old sounds were bad.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

LDLC is about to beat Homesent at the Mountain Dew cup or w/e

lol rekt. They're so frustrating to watch, nobody works together

Edit: CS 201.6

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Some old sounds sucked and some new sounds suck but it is really annoying that I have to relearn what every gun sounds like for no reason. It is tedious and not fun.

vvvvvv not my point and you are clearly a nerd. changing poo poo just for the sake of it being different and not nessecarily better is retarded

sleppy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 29, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I too am upset about having to do a thing that happens naturally when you play the game

Learning is gay

surc
Aug 17, 2004

E: ^^^^ yeah why would people ever feel annoyed at having to learn a thing they had learned previously, and which had changed with little to no explanation for the change, in a competitive game????? scrubs.

Famethrowa posted:

Bitching about the new sounds because of rose tinted goggles might be my favorite 1.6/Source circlejerk yet.

The old sounds were bad.

Actually, I think you will find they were good and fun, and that about half of them now sound way worse.

surc fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 29, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
learning game sounds???

ah jeez i'll never be able to handle that

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It's possible to not like having to relearn something and disapprove of changes, without it being monumentally difficult to relearn that thing or having the changes be earth-shattering. Especially if you are in a competitive situation and it effects your ability to compete at your best.

Mainly though they just sound less cool.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

exethan posted:

learning game sounds???

ah jeez i'll never be able to handle that

It sounds like poo poo u turd

Much like...

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Guns that now unarguably sound like poo poo compared to their previous, less realistic sounds:

AK
M4a1-S
P250

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The only bad thing about new sounds is playing after not knowing about them and it fucks my first spray down.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

Actually, I think you will find they were good and fun, and that about half of them now sound way worse.

I mean, they were pretty objectively clipped and painful to hear. Like, if you listened for too long it could legit cause hearing damage.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I liked the old sounds but it hurt to play with high volume. My only complaint with this game now is positional sound being wild. If that was fixed it'd be perfect to me.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Famethrowa posted:

I mean, they were pretty objectively clipped and painful to hear. Like, if you listened for too long it could legit cause hearing damage.

Okay, babyears.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I don't think anyone disagrees that the new sounds are a step forward in fidelity. It's just the same "realism"/preference circlejerk

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

cool and good
good and fun
fun and good
good and cool

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I'm just waiting for my UAV and Airstrike killstreak rewards.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The AK47 was the only gun in CS that sounded like you were shooting a gun, which was cool. It's like Arma 3 after the sound updates; you want earplugs just to hear the poo poo over headphones. It rules. Alas, it's not meant to be. Whatever happened to that hitbox fix that was supposed to be in the beta branch the other week? Did that get implemented or is it still being worked on?

Faffel fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 29, 2016

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Dongicus posted:

cool and good
good and fun
fun and good
good and cool

good words for the wordfilter

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
match day trip report
an embarrassingly close 16-10 on mirage but we redeemed ourselves with 16-0 on cache

since someone asked for a demo last time, here's my pov from cache (trigger warning: bad, boring player, low lurks)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aum8o5fpmevxrd7/byggmixvsbosss_2.dem?dl=0

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
So you play a BO2 on two different maps each week? Seems like a more interesting format than ESEA's two BO1s on the same map, with the map changing weekly.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
The classic BO2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Had a nice 4k today with three of the four kills being entries. I ran out of bullets in my primary and secondary while holding off the retake and died to the last bro.

98 in 4 :negative: