Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Oodles posted:

Level 21 and just finishing up the bandit quests in act 2.

Do I really have to do this two more times :effort:

yeah :/

atleast with the guild stash it gets faster with time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Cruel and merciless are usually a lot faster for me. A3N when you get your first ascendency and maybe some midlevel uniques makes it more manageable, even though A4 is the worst.

Normal on a new character takes me like 8 hours. Cruel takes like 5.5, merc takes like 3.5.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And with knowledge of what to skip, what to pick up, you can hit merciless in a few hours without even any twink uniques, even faster if you have a buddy opening waypoints.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

So I've been playing this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1698800

despite literally doing nothing, I've been having a lot of fun with it -- mostly just seeing new people's reactions when I get near them :v:

I was running SRS which allowed me to solo at an acceptable speed when no one was on, but due to recent gear changes I can no longer afford the gem slots to do so.

Does GGG allow users to multibox in this game (assuming I can run both the Steam and standalone clients), and if so is there any specific software someone could recommend? I'd like to just be able to follow myself around :downs:

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Sab669 posted:

So I've been playing this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1698800

despite literally doing nothing, I've been having a lot of fun with it -- mostly just seeing new people's reactions when I get near them :v:

I was running SRS which allowed me to solo at an acceptable speed when no one was on, but due to recent gear changes I can no longer afford the gem slots to do so.

Does GGG allow users to multibox in this game (assuming I can run both the Steam and standalone clients), and if so is there any specific software someone could recommend? I'd like to just be able to follow myself around :downs:

iirc multi-boxing is allowed but not any form of automating anything (including having a character follow another around)

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Rather have another tiny monkey. 102 atlas completion and managed to get 1 out of the 4 special essences.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

zxqv8 posted:

A pretty standard ED build made build of the week and HOO BOY are the commenters salty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDzIPCQIPcA

Granted, I'd have preferred some wacky special snowflake build, but there's nothing really wrong with this one.

djnat is a pretty cool guy who spends a lot of time answering dumb questions, he deserves a little love a lot more than most of the grotesques who play this game

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
How do I price this. Is this 30c. 1ex. TWO ex?

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

How do I price this. Is this 30c. 1ex. TWO ex?

Yeah probably worth a couple ex, its got an insane amount of +str which is good for a lot of casters, +es for your CI/LL build needs, and a cast speed roll which can be nice for some builds. Shame about the two empty mods, but I think it's still worth quite a bit

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
you can start by searching +1 curse necklaces, even the worst one is priced at 10-15c and despite your stats being awful, it's not the worst one around, it might actually be worth something in the 2 exalt range with the cast speed and because of the max energy shield or high strength for catching people who want either.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the multiplayer info.

Are some of the skill gems rarer than others? Im just wondering about directly activatable skills, and should I be buying the skills I want from the vendors or just going off drops?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Madcosby posted:

Are some of the skill gems rarer than others? Im just wondering about directly activatable skills, and should I be buying the skills I want from the vendors or just going off drops?

With a handful of exceptions all gems can be bought from vendors for cheap (although it varies by class so you might want to ask in guild chat), although you should probably save ones that have quality. If you see a gem you want to use drop picking it up to save a bit of currency isn't a bad idea but it's not a huge deal

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Madcosby posted:

Added Chaos Damage Support, Detonate Mines, Empower Support, Enhance Support, Enlighten Support, and Portal are the only drop only gems. All of them except Portal and Detonate Mines can be randomly sold by masters, but the Empower/Enlighten/Enhance gems are sold for far more than they are worth buying from players.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's only a few gems that are drop only: added chaos damage, detonate mines, portal, enhance, empower, and enlighten.

Each class as you complete quests unlocks skill gems you can buy at the potion/wand/etc vendor. These gems will level a bit as you do until a certain point, tied to their act/difficulty.

If you need a gem you don't have access to, just ask in guild.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Weird question. If I have IIR linked to RF, how can I be sure it is getting the last tick in against a vortex/ignite dot? I'm only using it because I'm way overkilling things at the moment so it's not a huge deal but it seems like an interesting mechanics question.

e: wearing Southbound so I'm not worried about the instant vortex hit

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I read yesterday the IIR is determined on DoT skills by the DoT that was applied first. Not sure if it's true, but I totally have an item rarity gen on a spare slot in my contagion link.

The Broletariat
May 23, 2004
I wonder if there's beer on the sun?

Jusupov posted:

Rather have another tiny monkey. 102 atlas completion and managed to get 1 out of the 4 special essences.

I finished my 36 a few days ago and only hit 2 of the 4 corrupted essences. Probably used up 100ish essences of corruption, got hysteria 6 times and delirium a few times as well. 75% of the time the monsters would just release instantly. The portal is meh, but I'd rather have a portal effect than a pet. Perandus Portal still the best challenge award by a long shot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dramatika posted:

I read yesterday the IIR is determined on DoT skills by the DoT that was applied first. Not sure if it's true, but I totally have an item rarity gen on a spare slot in my contagion link.

It is true.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1528287

quote:

Q: Is it possible to use Item Rarity support gem with the Contagion + Essence Drain combo? If so, are you supposed to link it to Contagion or Essence Drain?

A: There is no way to decide which degeneration effect killed an enemy, so it picks the one that has been on the monster the longest. If an enemy is affected by Essence Drain, Contagion and Righteous Fire, it will pick whichever one was applied first and check the Rarity of that skill. In other words, if you want to link a degen skill with Item Rarity, ensure you use that skill first.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So every time this comes up I like to reiterate that Animate Weapon is by far the single most "powerful" skill in the game by a huge margin. Uberelite just proved it again for this expansion with like a 5 second Minotaur kill on a +50% monster life map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn1z8ydQjzM

Also Animate Weapon is god awful to actually play with, so it's never going to be a popular or "good" build.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I'm getting bored with my Pizza Totem dude and am seriously considering making a Deadeye Mjolner build. Someone talk me out of it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

whypick1 posted:

I'm getting bored with my Pizza Totem dude and am seriously considering making a Deadeye Mjolner build. Someone talk me out of it.

Hit 36 challenges and make a new hero next league

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Ultima66 posted:

So every time this comes up I like to reiterate that Animate Weapon is by far the single most "powerful" skill in the game by a huge margin. Uberelite just proved it again for this expansion with like a 5 second Minotaur kill on a +50% monster life map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn1z8ydQjzM

Also Animate Weapon is god awful to actually play with, so it's never going to be a popular or "good" build.

I don't actually spend a lot of time plugging my Necromancer Null's Inclination Barrager as much, but now seems like the time to do it. It takes away from the shittiness of how Animate Weapon handles ordinarily.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

I don't actually spend a lot of time plugging my Necromancer Null's Inclination Barrager as much, but now seems like the time to do it. It takes away from the shittiness of how Animate Weapon handles ordinarily.

Liiiiiiiink?

I've been wanting to do a minion-based build, but I haven't seen anything that catches my eye yet.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AlexandrJJ/characters Clibanarial is the current version, the one who doesn't blow. Little write-up on it: Rearguard and Rumi's and Bone Offering for max block that also heals upon blocking. Null's summons raging spirits and animates weapons (around you when you get a kill AND at the kill point. Oddly, kicking open a barrel seems to count as a 'kill' for this purpose and a white weapon from one will animate automatically, kinda strange but good I guess), Cospri's gives you poison on any cursed enemy and +1 to curses, so Split Arrow to spread curses around, I use Poacher's Mark because I'm a loser who doesn't have a lot of phys damage to turn into leeching for mana replenishment purposes, and Enfeeble for survivability. Barrage with twin Volley Fire for actual killing of trash mobs and starting the pain train of animated weapons and SRSes. That works just stupidly well on bosses because you're just machinegunning up to the 20 hits worth of poison. Something that can/should be done for more DPS is flipping Bone Offering out for Flesh Offering and Rearguard for Drillneck. It'd make you more fragile, but your horde, and ability to summon the horde, would become just absurd. Wrath and Haste are good auras for this build. Clarity level 1 is just there for the added aura bonus to damage from Commander of the Darkness. Can't really think of much else to add, other than that it doesn't use very many uniques and the ones that are in place can be supplanted by cheaper alternatives: Cospri's can be changed out for any other source of +curses and Snakebite gloves added to implement poison damage on full frenzy charges.

edit: Just imagine an Enlighten 3 in that hat. It's kinda in use on my Mjolnerer right now.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 30, 2016

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AlexandrJJ/characters Clibanarial is the current version, the one who doesn't blow. Little write-up on it: Rearguard and Rumi's and Bone Offering for max block that also heals upon blocking. Null's summons raging spirits and animates weapons (around you when you get a kill AND at the kill point. Oddly, kicking open a barrel seems to count as a 'kill' for this purpose and a white weapon from one will animate automatically, kinda strange but good I guess), Cospri's gives you poison on any cursed enemy and +1 to curses, so Split Arrow to spread curses around, I use Poacher's Mark because I'm a loser who doesn't have a lot of phys damage to turn into leeching for mana replenishment purposes, and Enfeeble for survivability. Barrage with twin Volley Fire for actual killing of trash mobs and starting the pain train of animated weapons and SRSes. That works just stupidly well on bosses because you're just machinegunning up to the 20 hits worth of poison. Something that can/should be done for more DPS is flipping Bone Offering out for Flesh Offering and Rearguard for Drillneck. It'd make you more fragile, but your horde, and ability to summon the horde, would become just absurd. Wrath and Haste are good auras for this build. Clarity level 1 is just there for the added aura bonus to damage from Commander of the Darkness. Can't really think of much else to add, other than that it doesn't use very many uniques and the ones that are in place can be supplanted by cheaper alternatives: Cospri's can be changed out for any other source of +curses and Snakebite gloves added to implement poison damage on full frenzy charges.

edit: Just imagine an Enlighten 3 in that hat. It's kinda in use on my Mjolnerer right now.

Cool, thanks!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters

My shield charger (Skjaldar) is pretty good. Clearing up to t10s, but has some trouble in t11s. Is there anything I can improve to get safe+stable farming in red maps? Or is that just sort of the natural limit of facebreaker shieldcharge?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yep, I enjoyed writing it up, especially given that the realm was down and the game was patching while I was doing so, haha. So one of the really cool things about that build is that things can be dirt cheap. Windscream, Snakebite, Rearguard, Null's, Alpha's Howl with or without Enlighten leveled to 2/3/corrupted to 4, maybe an Astra if you want it, 2x Volley Fire. Probably 1.5 ex to get started without Cospri's, 5 if you get it and Astra.

Karnivool
May 28, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

Yep, I enjoyed writing it up, especially given that the realm was down and the game was patching while I was doing so, haha. So one of the really cool things about that build is that things can be dirt cheap. Windscream, Snakebite, Rearguard, Null's, Alpha's Howl with or without Enlighten leveled to 2/3/corrupted to 4, maybe an Astra if you want it, 2x Volley Fire. Probably 1.5 ex to get started without Cospri's, 5 if you get it and Astra.

How viable do you think your build would be in EHC? I've been wanting to try a summoner build but havent found anything appealing, was thinking about some variant of a flicker strike build using the scourge for wolves

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I can't speak for hardcore because of how I play and all, which is really safely and lazily, but I can say that it's pretty durable with the Rearguard+Bone Offering combo. One thing I forgot to mention, though, is that Atziri's Promise is loving amazing with that build because of how much of your damage is chaos-based. 2% of chaos leeched to health with Vaal Pact on makes you pretty damned safe. On top of the Bone Offering block-healing. I only have 4k health, though, and would obviously recommend way more of that and taking some chaos resist nodes instead of pure damage ones.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Hm, if Null's Inclination works, what about Kitava's Thirst with Animate Weapon/Animate Skeleton/Minion Damage/Duration triggering off of SRS? The question is if you can hit/sustain 100 mana per cast with SRS

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters

My shield charger (Skjaldar) is pretty good. Clearing up to t10s, but has some trouble in t11s. Is there anything I can improve to get safe+stable farming in red maps? Or is that just sort of the natural limit of facebreaker shieldcharge?

trade the abyssus for an expensive steel ring? you still get max XP from those t10s, so run them until you don't

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Oodles posted:

Level 21 and just finishing up the bandit quests in act 2.

Do I really have to do this two more times :effort:

If it makes you feel any better, they're going down to 2 difficulties when act 5 comes out.

Karnivool
May 28, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

I can't speak for hardcore because of how I play and all, which is really safely and lazily, but I can say that it's pretty durable with the Rearguard+Bone Offering combo. One thing I forgot to mention, though, is that Atziri's Promise is loving amazing with that build because of how much of your damage is chaos-based. 2% of chaos leeched to health with Vaal Pact on makes you pretty damned safe. On top of the Bone Offering block-healing. I only have 4k health, though, and would obviously recommend way more of that and taking some chaos resist nodes instead of pure damage ones.

How did you level your build?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Best new trading tool http://poe.ninja/esc/trade-calculator

No more paying a chaos for a 0.8c listing

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

They'll just refuse to sell it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So, for picking jewels for Doomfletch:

Would a 16% phys with bows, or just 16% phys in general, be a better option than 10% damage?

Like I'm not sure if the generic damage% would be applied each time - making that 10% damage be 10% phys, 11% lightning, 11% fire, and 11% cold.

Soothing Vapors posted:

They'll just refuse to sell it

Also this. Go ahead and give a dude two jewels and a wisdom scroll for his .95 item and see what happens.

Fart Cannon
Oct 12, 2008

College Slice

Vasudus posted:

So, for picking jewels for Doomfletch:

Would a 16% phys with bows, or just 16% phys in general, be a better option than 10% damage?

Like I'm not sure if the generic damage% would be applied each time - making that 10% damage be 10% phys, 11% lightning, 11% fire, and 11% cold.

Also this. Go ahead and give a dude two jewels and a wisdom scroll for his .95 item and see what happens.

How I read doomfletch is you get one element per hit, not all 3 per hit

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
He means Doomfletch's Prism.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I dont message people who list for .95. It's a scummy thing to do and I'm not going to reward them for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

People that make .9 chaos listings are just trying to get their post to appear at the top, gently caress them. Now if someone makes a .9 exalt listing, you can offer them 90% of an exalt's value in chaos and they will typically accept in my experience. But fractional chaos orb prices are stupid, don't buy from those people.

• Locked thread