Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mandatory lesbian posted:

i hope you're on a stage so i can boo you off it

:P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dexie posted:

Haven't you heard? Pokemon past the first generation don't exist.

I just booted up Pokemon Go and this checks out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dexie posted:

Haven't you heard? Pokemon past the first generation don't exist.

Counterpoint Gen 1 pokemon suck the most and are the most needing of new evos/mega/alola forms.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Zore posted:

Especially since they play up not being boat captains is the whole reason Team Skull are villains.
Jesus, is it really boat captains? I assumed they meant Trial Captains.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

I just booted up Pokemon Go and this checks out.
Why would you do that to yourself.

Quick breeding question! I have a couple of same-species monsters and the daddy has a Hidden Ability, is there any chance for it to be passed down to the resulting babby, or do I absolutely need to use a Ditto? Thank!

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Counterpoint Gen 1 pokemon suck the most and are the most needing of new evos/mega/alola forms.

have you considered bulbasaur

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chimeric posted:

They live on a series of islands.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Pentaro posted:

Why would you do that to yourself.

Quick breeding question! I have a couple of same-species monsters and the daddy has a Hidden Ability, is there any chance for it to be passed down to the resulting babby, or do I absolutely need to use a Ditto? Thank!
You have to use a Ditto for a male/gender less 'mon with a HA, which also means they can't pass down pokeballs.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

in sun males will pass down has and in moon they pass down balls. believe it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

on the bored wop posted:

You're right. Guzma's mad he failed to be a trial captain. No idea where this boat captain poo poo is coming from.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I hope in Sun and Moon there are new types of Pokeballs with new color schemes.

There haven't been any added since Gen IV (unless you count Dream balls) and there's like 10 balls exclusive to G/S and HG/SS.

I want more interesting color schemes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'd argue that Gen II needs just as much help as the first generation.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i want Mega-Quilfish, which is just Quilfish expanded

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dexie posted:

I'd argue that Gen II needs just as much help as the first generation.

Gen 2 probably needs more at this point.

Gen 2 has

Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Lantern
Xatu
Sudowoodo
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Wobbuffet
Girafarig
Forettress
Dunsparse
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Macargo
Corsola
Octillery
Mantine
Skarmory
Donphan
Stantler
Miltank

Who don't have evos, retypings or mega-evolutions. And while some are really good pokemon that don't need them (Forettress, Skarmory, Donphan) or have usable gimmicks (Jumpluff, Wobbuffet, Quagsire, Mantine, Xatu) The rest could really use the boost.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Wait, what gimmick can Jumpluff be used for?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wait, what gimmick can Jumpluff be used for?

Ragepowder/status gimmicks in doubles when they aren't letting mythics/legendaries in mostly. I was scraping the bottom of the barrel there a bit.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zore posted:

Gen 2 probably needs more at this point.

Gen 2 has

*list*

Who don't have evos, retypings or mega-evolutions. And while some are really good pokemon that don't need them (Forettress, Skarmory, Donphan) or have usable gimmicks (Jumpluff, Wobbuffet, Quagsire, Mantine, Xatu) The rest could really use the boost.

Quagsire is an OU/stall team staple and a pain in the rear end to deal with. Let's not give him any buffs please.

I'd add the starters to that list though. All three of them are kind of garbage. :sigh:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You are just asking to be hit by the Totodile pain train clown car.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dexie posted:

Quagsire is an OU/stall team staple and a pain in the rear end to deal with. Let's not give him any buffs please.

I'd add the starters to that list though. All three of them are kind of garbage. :sigh:

Feraligatr really isn't, its perfectly usable as is. Its just overshadowed because there are a fuckton of strong water types with good movepools and abilities. Dragon Dance/Sheer Force is really good.

Meganium and Typhlosian are real garbage though.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Waffleman_ posted:

I want an Alolan Farfetch'd. He's my favorite and I want him to have something.

Alolan Farfetch'd is the same but holding the leek under his right wing.
Mega Farfetch'd is the same but holding two leeks.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Generation 2 is basically like Generation 1.5 anyway.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Played my first match on Pokémon Showdown and won it! :3:

Florges owns, Mega Aerodactyl owns, Pangoro doesn't precisely own but is at least reasonably good, having Stealth Rock and Spikes on two pokemon with shared weaknesses is kind of questionable in retrospect and I probably want to at least run Explosion on Forretress! :toot:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Lord of Hats posted:

Played my first match on Pokémon Showdown and won it! :3:

Florges owns, Mega Aerodactyl owns, Pangoro doesn't precisely own but is at least reasonably good, having Stealth Rock and Spikes on two pokemon with shared weaknesses is kind of questionable in retrospect and I probably want to at least run Explosion on Forretress! :toot:

What happened there, did he ragequit because you dared kill his Cloyster or something?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Supremezero posted:

What happened there, did he ragequit because you dared kill his Cloyster or something?

I honestly don't know enough about Pokémon to be able to answer this! I'm assuming that he didn't think he could win through Florges?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

50 days to pokes

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Zore posted:

Feraligatr really isn't, its perfectly usable as is. Its just overshadowed because there are a fuckton of strong water types with good movepools and abilities. Dragon Dance/Sheer Force is really good.

Meganium and Typhlosian are real garbage though.

Typhlosion is good at scarf Eruption with Focus Blast back up and pretty much nothing else.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

The Lord of Hats posted:

I honestly don't know enough about Pokémon to be able to answer this! I'm assuming that he didn't think he could win through Florges?

people ragequit all the time.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Supremezero posted:

People quit on low ladder showdown a lot for a bunch of reasons

1) they're alt accounts trying to run gimmick teams and you broke the gimmick somehow so they leave

2) they don't really have a viable win condition left so rather than spend 20 turns flailing around they just leave

3) they're a literal child

4) it's low ladder so losing rating generally means little which means people don't mind just leaving for random irl stuff instead of finishing a game

5) they legit rage quit

6)??????

Basically don't take anything sub-1500 add indicative of, well, anything

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I ragequit all the time but with less rage and more "uh I don't think I can beat this mega garchomp with a diggersby".

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tired Moritz posted:

I ragequit all the time but with less rage and more "uh I don't think I can beat this mega garchomp with a diggersby".

Yeah that's mostly what I mean

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

diggersbelieve in yourself

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
my hobby is watching someone sword dance for a while before hazing that fucker

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

The Lord of Hats posted:

It still could have been a good game. His Metagross could have taken your Florges and his Mamoswine could have maybe taken your Metagross and Mega Aerodactyl. On the other hand your Metagross could have taken his Mamoswine and your Mega Aerodactyl could have possibly taken his Metagross. He had the better chance of coming out on top and it would depend on movesets and how you used your Metagross. Maybe he did not have Bullet Punch or Ice Shard and could not deal with the Aerodactyl.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

PSWII60 posted:

It still could have been a good game. His Metagross could have taken your Florges and his Mamoswine could have maybe taken your Metagross and Mega Aerodactyl. On the other hand your Metagross could have taken his Mamoswine and your Mega Aerodactyl could have possibly taken his Metagross. He had the better chance of coming out on top and it would depend on movesets and how you used your Metagross. Maybe he did not have Bullet Punch or Ice Shard and could not deal with the Aerodactyl.

Given that I'm a master at switching mons in to get blown up instantly, it probably would have been his game :v:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gen 8 should have trainer-equippable items that all do extremely broken things like "you can mega-evolve any number of pokemon" or "all switchouts are baton passes (including following normal priority instead of going first" or "you start every battle with sunlight/rain/sandstorm/hail/trick room"

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 29, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

give pokemon a 2nd hold item slot and then have some OP items that take up both slots

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

give pokemon a 2nd hold item slot and then have some OP items that take up both slots

You're hired.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I think Vaniluxe should have a gun

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

When are they going to have pokemon that produce items like leftovers or moomoo milk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think Growlithes should vote!