Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Limited in practice with a hamstring issues today. Rotoworld says it's nothing to panic about, but with the injuries piling up this year I'm biting my nails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MacheteZombie posted:

Not Marvin Jones, NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hamstring? I wouldn't assume it's a big deal at this point.

I hope his leg falls off though, my biggest Competition in my big money league has him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

scrubs season six posted:

Hamstring? I wouldn't assume it's a big deal at this point.

I hope his leg falls off though, my biggest Competition in my big money league has him.

I was being a bit dramatic, but losing Marvin to an injury at practice would really blow. I'm hoping he doesn't miss time, but a late week addition to the injury report is never good. Well except for veteran's rest.

e: I have both Marvin and Golden Tate and was shopping Tate around my league this week. Kind of glad I didn't get a deal done. At least it's somewhat of a back up plan.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
~*~Josh Gordon Experience lmao~*~

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
OH GOD

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
EL OH EL JOSH

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spoeank posted:

~*~Josh Gordon Experience lmao~*~

His saga is really making me question holding Martavis Bryant.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmZp8pR1uc

:rip:Josh:rip:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
drat, what a bomb shell.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
josh gordon entering rehab? what'd ya know

i hope he gets all the help he needs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

gently caress YOU JOSH GORDON

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The year is 2061, a 70 year old Josh Gordon is about to be reinstated to the NFL.

"I would honestly take him in the 6th or 7th round, you can't ignore that upside," a talking head crows. "Remember his 2013? After all, he's only missing a handful of weeks to start the season."

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
My life is crumbling before mine eyes

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol at anyone who took the bait

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Factory of Sadness

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Spoeank posted:

The year is 2061, a 70 year old Josh Gordon is about to be reinstated to the NFL.

"I would honestly take him in the 6th or 7th round, you can't ignore that upside," a talking head crows. "Remember his 2013? After all, he's only missing a handful of weeks to start the season."

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Hope he gets his life sorted out, but God drat he had two years to do this.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Benne posted:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Let's see what his dynasty ranking was this off season... WR#44ish, right between Marvin Jones and Stefon Diggs in DLF mocks :haw:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Benne posted:

I wanna know who you drafted in rounds 8-11

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Bwahahahahahahaha god dammit Josh Gordon. I took the bait, but it was a late round pick.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Teemu Pokemon posted:

People who actually play football

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Beaten

Benne posted:

People who actually play football

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Frank Gore
DeAngelo Williams
Matthew Stafford
Marvin Jones

:smug:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Hello Gordon my old friend

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
There is such a thing as 3-day drug rehabs, right

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Suave Fedora posted:

There is such a thing as 3-day drug rehabs, right

Maybe he's just going in for a juice cleanse

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

Frank Gore
DeAngelo Williams
Matthew Stafford
Marvin Jones

:smug:

and I'm the guy who plays with morons

I got one share of Gordon in the 10th round (last pick, no less, 120 OVR) of a drat public league and drafted Jones, Gore and DeMarco Murray well before him.

The whole point of Gordon was the upside and to take him with a lovely pick you'd probably cut anyway. If you're in a league where Marvin Jones was available in the 11th and you took Gordon you're a moron

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Philip Rivers
Sterling Shepard
Kamar Aiken (lol)
Deandre Washington

I am pretty happy with that. I got Marvin J-owns in the 7th and McKinnon in the 12th.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This is why you play multiple leagues. I'm about to take my AP/Doug Martin/Abdullah/Josh Gordon team out behind the barn and put it out of it' misery.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

drat. I guess he's droppable at this point, right? After Keenan's injury and Floyd sucking it up, I was counting on him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

pubic works project posted:

drat. I guess he's droppable at this point, right? After Keenan's injury and Floyd sucking it up, I was counting on him.

No, keep holding him

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RVProfootballer posted:

No, keep holding him

"After careful thought and deep consideration I’ve decided that I need to step away from pursuing my return to the Browns and my football career to enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility," Gordon said in a statement. "This is the right decision for me and one that I hope will enable me to gain full control of my life and continue on a path to reach my full potential as a person." It's unknown when Gordon will return to the team, but fantasy owners should proceed as if he won't play in 2016. There have been no indications Gordon is facing further suspension. An All-Pro in 2013, Gordon has made only five appearances since. His extended absence locks in Terrelle Pryor as the Browns' No. 1 receiver.

That's what he said. Doesn't sound like someone who will come back this season.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Dropped for Michael Thomas, hopefully Snead's toes fall off.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

pubic works project posted:

"After careful thought and deep consideration I’ve decided that I need to step away from pursuing my return to the Browns and my football career to enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility," Gordon said in a statement. "This is the right decision for me and one that I hope will enable me to gain full control of my life and continue on a path to reach my full potential as a person." It's unknown when Gordon will return to the team, but fantasy owners should proceed as if he won't play in 2016. There have been no indications Gordon is facing further suspension. An All-Pro in 2013, Gordon has made only five appearances since. His extended absence locks in Terrelle Pryor as the Browns' No. 1 receiver.

That's what he said. Doesn't sound like someone who will come back this season.

Still hold on to him. Just in case.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh god dammit.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he got tested, knew he was going to fail, and made this announcement ahead of the pending drug test results.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Still hold on to him. Just in case.

Yeah, I'm still holding Blackmon just in case too

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Hot take prediction of the year right here:

September 29th, 2016 - Josh Gordon enters rehab.

September 30th, 2016 Cleveland Browns release Josh Gordon.

November 29th, 2016 - Josh Gordon signs with the Patriots.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE:

- Josh Gordon wins the Super Bowl, and lights up his own bowl right in front Gooddell, and then walks away from the game forever.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Remember when I said grabbing Pryor was a good idea?

If only I had listened to my own advice.

• Locked thread