Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

my county, 'tis of thee
sweet land of bigotry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/sweetatertot2/status/781597758251827202

From same person who tweeted this

https://twitter.com/sweetatertot2/status/772445685488742400

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Of course it's only major non-US papers picking up the story on Trump and Cuba (Guardian, BBC, German and Asian newspapers).

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/781640434334433280

this is such a weird game Trump is trying to play here. He's trying to spin it as if Clinton TRIED to get Obama to release his birth certificate and just couldn't, so Trump had to step in and finish the job.

It's, like, a giant made up story in Trump's head, and it's so unbelievable. Even his surrogates aren't pushing this narrative because it makes no sense

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I bet all you people who thought basket of deplorables was a gaffe feel really silly now

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

DaveWoo posted:

Trump ignores advice and launches Bill Clinton attack

I love how the whole tone of the article is "jesus christ, he's actually going to do this."

If this comes out in the next debate, does Hillary have a list of mistresses she can call on and a prepared video accusing him of infidelity? It seems to me that from his behaviour and mannerisms Trump would have a giant list of attempted infidelities that no one is talking about it (yet), seems like something Hillary would save up to use.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Goffer posted:

If this comes out in the next debate, does Hillary have a list of mistresses she can call on and a prepared video accusing him of infidelity? It seems to me that from his behaviour and mannerisms Trump would have a giant list of attempted infidelities that no one is talking about it (yet), seems like something Hillary would save up to use.

she probably has ads with marla maples and ivana trump already made and ready to air

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grey Fox posted:

So with all this talk about Trump recruiting "poll watchers," I had no idea that Hillary is doing it as well. One huge difference: Hillary is reaching out directly to lawyers and law students while Trump is asking for anyone and everyone.

Seems they want people with actual legal expertise/basic knowledge to support voters that get challenged.

edit: source is my father (a lawyer) that was contacted by Hillary's campaign via email blast

It's a common thing that happens ever election

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I love that a man on his third wife who has bragged about multiple affairs thinks he has a winning issue with the Hillary being cheated on and deciding to stay married to the man she has been with for 40 years.

Like most things I don't think Trump has thought this through. In fact I am pretty sure the only reason he is making a big deal out of not bringing it up is his advisors and pollsters have begged him not to.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Goffer posted:

I don't think it's gonna matter when he's threatening to rehash the only thing that made the whole country feel bad for and kinda like hillary

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Rocks posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/781640434334433280

this is such a weird game Trump is trying to play here. He's trying to spin it as if Clinton TRIED to get Obama to release his birth certificate and just couldn't, so Trump had to step in and finish the job.

It's, like, a giant made up story in Trump's head, and it's so unbelievable. Even his surrogates aren't pushing this narrative because it makes no sense

good god, this is like that time republicans couldn't stop talking about rape

speaking of that, some reporter needs to ask him questions on that topic. i'd bet he says something fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bill Clinton is well liked and always has been

But sure attack him I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shiksa posted:

I don't think it's gonna matter when he's threatening to rehash the only thing that made the whole country feel bad for and kinda like hillary

Yeah exactly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well people felt for her when she was on the email committee too.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Three Olives posted:

I love that a man on his third wife who has bragged about multiple affairs thinks he has a winning issue with the Hillary being cheated on and deciding to stay married to the man she has been with for 40 years.

Like most things I don't think Trump has thought this through. In fact I am pretty sure the only reason he is making a big deal out of not bringing it up is his advisors and pollsters have begged him not to.

trump has been stuck in the 80s, so he's just now working through the 90s

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Three Olives posted:

he knows he lost the debate, but he knows that he's a winner. so he's constructed a narrative in his head to protect his ego: he only lost because he held back, chose not to go there and mention bill and embarrass her. but he knows could have. and he sincerely believes it now.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

#ThingsOnly90sPoliticosWillUnderstand

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

he knows he lost the debate, but he knows that he's a winner. so he's constructed a narrative in his head to protect his ego: he only lost because he held back, chose not to go there and embarrass her. but he could have. and he sincerely believes it now.

actually, at this point i honestly have it at like 50/50 that he knows he lost the debate

the mind is a powerful thing and can warp reality to something unrecognizable to protect the self-esteem

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/781643540363223040

Goffer fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 30, 2016

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/781642360795037696

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i hate those god drat tweets

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

BREAKING: Mike Pence can write words

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

rvde

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Of course it's only major non-US papers picking up the story on Trump and Cuba (Guardian, BBC, German and Asian newspapers).

The manafort story took a couple days to pick up steam iirc. I don't know why it takes this long.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/781638524214841344
Where's "Says Who" guy right now?

Oh right, that's Jason MILLERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MILLERS! :argh:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Wow Trump got his own running mate to write an article on his behalf! Pretty sweet!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

he knows he lost the debate, but he knows that he's a winner. so he's constructed a narrative in his head to protect his ego: he only lost because he held back, chose not to go there and mention bill and embarrass her. but he knows could have. and he sincerely believes it now.

Actually, he knows he won now, which is why he's mad at all his surrogates for saying that he didn't win, because Trump is literally Cartman and anything that makes him look bad cannot be real and he constructs his own reality in response.

You can actually see that happen in real time here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHPEtv2rKOU

He accepts the quote for the first few seconds. He repeats "She doesn't have the look, she doesn't have... the stamina. I said she doesn't have the stamina" and then he goes on to pretend that he never said look and he only said stamina. Like, he's got mental issues. He literally does not accept that he said "look" by the end of his own answer.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sorry to steal the gimmick, but evening Trump Quote of the Day?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/781641795642003457
Maybe?

Sorry :eng99:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i didn't know bill clinton was impeached

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Extremely powerful and good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Barks posted:

Why don't you complain about them some more?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

triple sulk posted:

remember, impeachment doesn't not mean found guilty or removed from office, just that they are charged with certain crimes by the house

e: or was that sarcastic or something? it's a pretty dumb word, at least now, since you think impeached means removed :v:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

triple sulk posted:

He was! :eng101: Impeachment is the essentially a grand jury (the US House in the case) saying "We have enough evidence to go to trial". The Senate then acts as the jury.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

iospace posted:

Sorry to steal the gimmick, but evening Trump Quote of the Day?
https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/781641795642003457
Maybe?

Sorry :eng99:

Reminder that Trump's first wife, Ivana, was granted a divorce from him on the grounds of "cruel and inhuman treatment" the proceedings of which included a deposition from her that included a description of a time when Trump raped her.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/781646872741945344

The plot thickens.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

GobiasIndustries posted:

Why don't you complain about them some more?

okay, they loving suck

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Barks posted:

okay, they loving suck

Says who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008