Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

I'm convinced Mordock is some kind of sociopath. The random capitals make me think of ransom notes.

Tiggum posted:

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

I remember when Frog Applause was first posted here, and I really hated it. I still don't care for it by itself, but I am loving that you post it right after Fred Basset. They're both such anti-humor except one is sincerely trying and the other is trolling and it becomes like an extended punchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

It's not a bad idea.

I haven't had a phone for nearly a year now and it really does work to make things simpler.

Scroto Baggins posted:

Do you not work with people over the age of 40? Because this is a chronic, weekly problem in my life. I'm not sure what's worse though: hitting reply all by accident or using it on purpose to say "thanks" to 400+ people.

...Speaking of which yes, I suppose I do have a bit of charmed life, when you put it that way.

It's All Right Chief Dharma

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

This one made me crack up. Thanks again for posting these :)

I've read the Comic Strip Megathreads since the original and I haven't really contributed much other than hosting some fonts, some edits here and there, and a truly regrettable amount of knowledge about Brooke McEldowney's fanbase. That changes now! I've built up a stash of about a hundred strips of Asaekkiga, another Korean comic. It's sort of bizarre and the punchline is usually "someone's inconveniently horny." Some of these have been posted here before but I think it's worth another run. I'm aiming for at least one a weekday until I run out.

Disclaimers: I didn't translate these and they're in no particular order - if someone has a better translation or a better source in general I'm all ears!

Asaekkiga

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
First Chief Dharma and now Asaekkiga? Excellent.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Oh, and someone recently posted here asking if someone had the (Borden?) Odinsleep edit and I don't remember seeing it filled so

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

csammis posted:

I've read the Comic Strip Megathreads since the original and I haven't really contributed much other than hosting some fonts, some edits here and there, and a truly regrettable amount of knowledge about Brooke McEldowney's fanbase. That changes now! I've built up a stash of about a hundred strips of Asaekkiga, another Korean comic. It's sort of bizarre and the punchline is usually "someone's inconveniently horny." Some of these have been posted here before but I think it's worth another run. I'm aiming for at least one a weekday until I run out.

Disclaimers: I didn't translate these and they're in no particular order - if someone has a better translation or a better source in general I'm all ears!

Ooo, do you have any of mine? I translated some for this thread for awhile, but the format was really bad and it confused people. The Korean title is 아색기가 if you want to hunt for it on their interwebs. A lot of them don't even need translation, but I can offer clarifications if necessary.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Some Guy TT posted:

Ooo, do you have any of mine? I translated some for this thread for awhile, but the format was really bad and it confused people. The Korean title is 아색기가 if you want to hunt for it on their interwebs. A lot of them don't even need translation, but I can offer clarifications if necessary.

I'm sure some of them are yours! I saved pretty much every one of them when they were posted here and I got more from various .kr and .jp sites. I think we'd all like to hear your input...I've definitely got ones that are untranslated and need some Red and Rovering (for me anyway)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set isn't into that "book" stuff.

Working Daze gives us one more day of waiting.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix feels no pain.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just noticed the baby is being delivered by a star trekker
gently caress this stupid comic gently caress everything

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Calaveron posted:

I just noticed the baby is being delivered by a star trekker

No no that's Doctor Spock get it?

quote:

...Never mind you're right.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Some Guy TT posted:

No no that's Doctor Spock get it?

That's Doctor McCoy, Doctor Spock is the baby guy.

Not the insufferable baby guy in the comic, I mean in real life.

Still,

Calaveron posted:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

As a dyed-in-the-wool Trekker with a framed photo of myself on the Enterprise replica bridge at the 40th Anniversary convention

Calaveron posted:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze gives us one more day of waiting.

Is the awful little nerdman trying to take a poo poo in the delivery room? And why are they all wearing big rubber dishwashing gloves?

Edit: I guess I'll post some comics too, or whatever!

Phantom Classic

You may still have let them in too soon, Phantom. Widows happen all the time. But enough of this nonsense!

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 30, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

csammis posted:

Oh, and someone recently posted here asking if someone had the (Borden?) Odinsleep edit and I don't remember seeing it filled so

I think that was me. Thanks.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (September 7, 1951)

Nancy (October 22, 1943)

Gasoline Alley (July 20, 1923)

Barney Google (July 21, 1922)

Alley Oop (October 20, 1933)

Lil' Abner (March 19, 1937)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Creeps

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Ginger Meggs

Hägar the Horrible

Heart of the City

Invisible Bread

Kliban

Lockhorns

Marmaduke

Office Hours

Popeye

They should swap parenting tips with Lynn Johnston.

Reply All

Ziggy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is that what won the contest?
No, the contest is for Toni's wedding dress.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Well this will be a short storyline once somebody teaches her what Loving v Virginia is.
Aren't the moon people a whole other species though? Mysta and Honeymoon might not even be legally considered people.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
From yesterday:

quote:

Gunther and Bernice not invited? Oh, dear. What about Delta? I also hope Tiffany doesn’t come SELF-invited.

quote:

Might as well invite Mini Elvis – he was almost Luann’s husband at one time. Greg even portrayed him as a possibility of being in her life as a husband at 40 with two nerdy kids and living in a motor home…

quote:

Tiffany and Gunther know Brad as an acquaintance, not as a friend. (Likely they haven’t even seen him since he moved out of the DeGroots’ house.) They’ve met Toni maybe twice in their lives. There is absolutely no reason for them to be at the wedding. Making the gown for the Maid of Honor doesn’t put you on the guest list, G-man.

quote:

luannfan1212 said, 1 day ago
That dress looks great! He is a real genius. On the iinvitation issue that comes up all the time. Luann needs to talk to Toni and/or Brad over who will be invited. Remember we have not seen any of Toni’s friends or relatives, and the only friend Brad has been shown with is TJ. I knew this was going to be an issue, as it always is with weddings, but I am sure it will work out.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 23 hours ago
@TEMPLO S.U.D.
“What about Delta?”

quote:

Luanaphile GoComics PRO Member said, about 21 hours ago
Deep Thoughts
1. I like the dress. She fills it out well.
2. I too have found the bodice tricky!
3, All the other male invitees are clean-shaven, which I resent as a bearded guy.

quote:

PipeTobacco GoComics PRO Member said, about 21 hours ago

Two foci that I see here today:

1. Invitations…. as it is not up to Luann to invite or not invite folks…. what she should obviously do is simply relay the information to Brad and Toni that Gunther (and Bernice?) would like to attend…. if Brad and Toni want to include them on the invitations list.

2. As far as the dress…. I am very concerned that the “wearable art” assignment will end earning Luann an “F” grade, not because the “artistic merit”…. but because all it appears Luann has done is make a drawing of the dress and then gave it to another person (Gunther) to make.

For me as an educator, this does not seem like a normal way for such an assignment to be conducted. Luann would, IMO, need to be wholly or at least mostly responsible for the actual construction of the art piece (the dress) in order to earn credit for the assignment.

I do not want Luann to receive an “F”, but honestly, I am thinking it is probably warrented in terms of her actual hands-on aspects in the “wearable art” assignment being VERY, VERY small.

3. In terms of the artistic merit of the dress itself…. well, it is a matter of perspective. To me, it has as definite “late-80s / early-90s” sort of “vibe”. If Luann was aiming for a retro look for herself at the wedding, then I think it is a very good fit. In either case, as long as she runs it by Toni and she approves, then it will be a success as far as the wedding goes.

I am not sure how Professor Zebo will view the style of the dress. It depends on how Luann packages it for the assignment. She could have a backstory that makes it work (as Tim Gunn may say) or not.

But, in the end, even with a good backstory, I still suspect that Luann’s lack of actual hands-on participation could very well earn her a horrible grade.

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Dustin

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

But they both have grey hair?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

So, like... It's shrinking gas. If it shrinks everything, why doesn't it shrink the furniture, or the entire room for that matter? If it only shrinks breathing organisms, why does it shrink their clothes?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Breathing clothes. Read a science mag sometime.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Tiggum posted:

Reply All

Call 911 using the phone(?) the corpse is holding.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Breathing clothes. Read a science mag sometime.

Unstable molecules.

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011

Tiggum posted:

The joke makes no sense, and just to pile on, the color palette for this strip is putrid.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Tiggum posted:

They both live in a grey world. Seriously, this comic has the most depressing color palette.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Wasn't that the plot of the first X-men movie?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

I was honestly expecting the police chief to go "Sorry, Tracy, but ONLY YOU can do this" for some cheap tension and conflict so I'm rather pleased with this outcome.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Pentaro posted:

They both live in a grey world. Seriously, this comic has the most depressing color palette.

The palette is always "dishwater grey" and the father daydreams about suicide.

Tinkersons is a cry for help.

EDIT: Man, I'm tired of the comics all making Pokémon GO jokes. We get it, it's SOME GIZMO the kids are all "hip" too. Go to bed, Grandpa.

Simian_Prime fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 30, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (October 2-3, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 25-26, 1929)

Thimble Theater (April 18-19, 1930)

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (April 18-19, 1930)

But Castor and Popeye just met quite recently, didn't they?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

"Oh wait, I just realized they look exactly the same age. Guess I should add some lines under Cindy's eyes, or something." :effort:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Is the awful little nerdman trying to take a poo poo in the delivery room? And why are they all wearing big rubber dishwashing gloves?

Poor kid's already gonna be born with a yeast infection, might as well try to keep the cheeto dust out of its lungs.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Simian_Prime posted:

"Oh wait, I just realized they look exactly the same age. Guess I should add some lines under Cindy's eyes, or something." :effort:

"Summers and Winters are going to be romantic rivals. Get it? Get it?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Christ, What an rear end in a top hat

"I'll talk to Brad and see what he says, but it's really not up to me. I hope there's no hard feelings if it doesn't work out." There. You let him down without being unbelievably cruel to the lovelorn idiot who's put in a great deal of time, effort, and possibly money helping you out for free.

And to think Tiff is supposed to be the shallow selfish one we don't like.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

• Locked thread