Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is LISA worth playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yes.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

No.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Maybe.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Yes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Who What Now posted:

Is LISA worth playing?

Extremely yes assuming you can handle a story that is pretty drat bleak and touches uncomfortable subjects. Its well written though, despite what you'd expect from your typical video game.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

If you're the kind of person who always picks the good path in games and reads about the evil path differences later this game is specifically made to troll you, personally.

My experience during the second half of the game, was as follows.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Is LISA worth playing?

Decisions such as 'Give me all of your stuff and your money or I'm killing one of your party members' and 'Give me all of your stuff or one of your arms' happen. Also, there's a lot of fights where enemies can instant kill your party members so if you're the kind of person who plays Fire Emblem and resets anytime someone dies, the game probably isn't the one for you.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

Is LISA worth playing?

LISA is an excellent RPG that will surprise you in many ways, for better or for worse depending on how you react to those surprises. You're given a ton of options throughout the game, each with their own risk and reward. Pain Mode is best saved for playthrough 2, however.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

It's got a really cool soundtrack and some decent plot bits, but the gameplay is less than exciting. Do you like jrpgs?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Who What Now posted:

Is LISA worth playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugejZEUNjzg

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

I don't know.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I don't know.

Can you repeat the question?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VanSandman posted:

Can you repeat the question?

Is LISA worth playing?

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What is Aleppo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Tequila plays as I do the dance Pee Wee did in the biker bar*

Aleppo!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Is LISA worth playing?

Yes.

Undertale and LISA are both good games, but I imagine Undertale stands out more because I story that is sincerely optimistic, and executed well is rare. You can find a million sincere, well executed stories about poo poo being awful because artists and writers are miserable people. Not to downplay how good LISA is, please play LISA

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

RandomFerret posted:

I only played the first one, but you could have told me those were legit pokemon from one if the later games and I'd believe it.

Crocoswine posted:

The well of Pokemon Uranium runs deep, I have barely scratched the surface here.

Gun shrimp, eh?

(and yes, that IS a Pokemon)

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Simply Simon posted:

Gun shrimp, eh?

(and yes, that IS a Pokemon)

I guess a Pokemon based on the pistol shrimp was inevitable

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

axelsoar posted:

I guess a Pokemon based on the pistol shrimp was inevitable

Pistol shrimp make the most perfect sense in making a pokemon out of.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Undertale is not an eminently positive game, it certainly can be, but the other "main" path through the game is anything but. The entire genocide route is about you being the actual bad guy, and even the heroes who stand up to strike you down in the name of good are brutally murdered. It is entirely designed to make you feel like a real piece of poo poo, and the final boss fight in a genocide run is mechanically designed to troll you a whole bunch so that you have a bad time. It also irreversibly fucks up your save file(outside of wiping your undertale install) forever, even if you want to do a good or neutral run later on.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

no don't

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

I'm not sure that qualifies as fanart

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Those craft store drawing books like that and the anime ones always end up looking so bad...And I feel kinda bad about it, but there's this geeky con I've gone to for a few years now, and each year there's this one guy selling prints and paintings that very clearly look like this guy's only training has been those same "You can draw ANIME!!" Jo-Anne Fabrics books, and it just looks completely terrible, but you can tell the guy thinks he's going to sell all of his work each year...

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Cicadas! posted:

people aren't even surprised by it anymore.

Objection number one is this thread has gotten you jaded and objection number two is :nws: http://www.avclub.com/article/wikipedia-erected-page-explain-ancient-romes-fasci-220908

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I Killed GBS posted:

Now this is the spinoff I want!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/RetroGamerDaz/status/781564584113111040

That is a mean bean machine.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Missed opportunity to have the cartridge slot line up with his mouth.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I Killed GBS posted:

I hope this is a preview of Transformers 5 (where King Arthur is apparently played by the same guy who played him in Once Upon A Time).

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The MSJ posted:

I hope this is a preview of Transformers 5 (where King Arthur is apparently played by the same guy who played him in Once Upon A Time).

So the new Transformers movie is going to feature King Arthur and Nazis. What in the ever loving christ is happening?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The MSJ posted:

Nope, it's from Fate/whatever. The girl inside the King Arthur robot is Saber, who is supposed to be the magical incarnation of King Arthur or something like that. I'm only vaguely familiar with the property.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I think the idea was they summoned King Arthur, and they got this little girl who was all, "Yeah, I'm King Arthur, what's it to you?" And everyone was all, "I guess this is what happens when you summon fictional historical characters."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Nah, it's that King Arthur was actually a girl but presented as a man, which worked because Caliburn stopped her aging so she passed as a teenage boy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mikedawson posted:

Remember when this thread was good? When people didn't whine about the weirdness and the popular stuff and appreciated it for what it was?

Yeah, me neither.

Remember when you didn't post

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah, it's that King Arthur was actually a girl but presented as a man, which worked because Caliburn stopped her aging so she passed as a teenage boy.

Listen, do you want to gently caress Lancelot or not? I ain't got all day!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kwyndig posted:

Nope, it's from Fate/whatever. The girl inside the King Arthur robot is Saber, who is supposed to be the magical incarnation of King Arthur or something like that. I'm only vaguely familiar with the property.

Mystic Mongol posted:

I think the idea was they summoned King Arthur, and they got this little girl who was all, "Yeah, I'm King Arthur, what's it to you?" And everyone was all, "I guess this is what happens when you summon fictional historical characters."

Waffleman_ posted:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Literally, Merlin did it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ah, the classic shirt seller: Take two iconic things and mash em together

• Locked thread