Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Mithy sucked on Braum and I hate Braum also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

congrats trick you won the game and then lost the game in the span of 5 minutes

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The vacation continues

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I forgot Worlds started today but G2 lost? Thank you for this gift, Counter Logic Gaming.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Libertine posted:

Mithy sucked on Braum and I hate Braum also

That ult on the creep wave was definitely the biggest :pwn:? moment I've ever seen at Worlds.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

What is this vacation joke?

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sexpansion posted:

Well there goes my pick'em.

Your 2 errors are
1) Comparing 2016 CLG to previous versions of CLG
2) Comparing 2016 NA to previous incarnations of NA

I legit think NA is the second strongest region at this worlds.

LOL Stixxay just said it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I posted a pic on my twitter in honor of the greatest region in the world, America.....

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Schiavona posted:

A while back before a major tournament instead of bootcamping and practicing G2 notoriously went on vacation. They were then savagely beaten.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vermain posted:

That ult on the creep wave was definitely the biggest :pwn:? moment I've ever seen at Worlds.

He was trying to zone them off and kill minions but ya if he was going to fight he should have waited for Expect.

Expect really lost them this game imo. If he used his tps a bit sooner in the first two teamfights G2 might have won them.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm genuinely impressed by how much NA has pulled up its socks this year. Last year was a drat joke to watch, but CLG absolutely gave G2 the business that game in a way that didn't involve just outfarming or outfighting them.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Schiavona posted:

G2 got poo poo on at MSI this year, turns out they went on vacation for (a part of) the time between split finals and MSI. That blew up.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Safety Scissors posted:

Your 2 errors are
1) Comparing 2016 CLG to previous versions of CLG
2) Comparing 2016 NA to previous incarnations of NA

I legit think NA is the second strongest region at this worlds.

LOL Stixxay just said it.

2016 Summer CLG looked pretty bad dude lol

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
What the gently caress was that mutter from Crumbz, something about Yugioh?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
"Presented by Acer"

Wait Riot now has sponsors?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

henkman posted:

Hmmm I guess compared to other teams in the best region in the world, North America, they might have looked a little weak. But they don't have to fight top tier teams right now, just G2.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I posted a pic on my twitter in honor of the greatest region in the world, America.....

Embed the tweet in here brother. I don't ever venture out into the wilds of the Twitternet

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The Game of Thrones agreement between Reginald and the rest of the LCS maybe forcing sponsors idk

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

^^^ Game of Thrones agreement, loving lol. Who is Regi and who is Riot in this scenario?

Replay presented by Acer, Riot has finally finished Marketing 101, "Copying Existing Financial Successes"

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Vermain posted:

I'm genuinely impressed by how much NA has pulled up its socks this year. Last year was a drat joke to watch, but CLG absolutely gave G2 the business that game in a way that didn't involve just outfarming or outfighting them.

NA had a good day 1 last year and then tanked day 2 so let's not suck each others ds yet

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Hmmm I guess compared to other teams in the best region in the world, North America, they might have looked a little weak. But they don't have to fight top tier teams right now, just G2.

gently caress..no...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Libertine posted:

Embed the tweet in here brother. I don't ever venture out into the wilds of the Twitternet

I dont even know how

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

There's room on the analysis desk both for energy drink cans and the body of human that isn't Krepo and I don't see either of those things so there's still marginal improvements to make

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

henkman posted:

I'm not sure how this is related to either of my two points.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Safety Scissors posted:

I'm not sure how this is related to either of my two points.

"comparing 2016 CLG to previous versions of CLG" when the most recent split they played was pretty middling

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
So I'm kinda getting back into League for worlds after not caring since midway through S4, right after they pooped on the assassin meta. The meta seems pretty tanky right now, but there's a whole lot of viable picks it seems. Am I off the mark here?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

YancyQ posted:

NA had a good day 1 last year and then tanked day 2 so let's not suck each others ds yet

0-10 happening again would be bad. :(

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

A ONE ZERO RECORD AT WORLDS NORTH AMERICA

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I dont even know how

you click your tweet, get the web address and just post it keven

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
CLG are really good at the PvE game but I doubt they're every going to be beating people regularly that have the same amount of gold as they do :v:

CLG took some early leads off G2 mistakes (Like Expect not using teleport well) and then they just kept pushing for objectives while G2 were afraid to fight back or just getting run in circles.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What are the chances Albus Nox defeat Rox? Rox have had some weird losses in international competition like vs Team WE and FW. Is there any hope for the Russians?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ulio posted:

What are the chances Albus Nox defeat Rox? Rox have had some weird losses in international competition like vs Team WE and FW. Is there any hope for the Russians?
I wouldn't call FW beating Rox weird since Flash Wolves are like 4-0 against Korean teams

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Ulio posted:

no

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I dont feel like albert knocks is going to win this game

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Its more likely that the teams do the fusion dance and become Albus ROX than albus nox wins, probably.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Rox vs who? lol do they really have to broadcast this

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I appreciate that they banned Rek'Sai last game so we got to see something, anything else

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Smol posted:

Rox vs who? lol do they really have to broadcast this

Lol.

Im interested in seeing Kuro vs Kira. Kira is actually decent but Kuro is still probably better in teamfights.

Also Brand support might happen...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ulio posted:

Also Brand support might happen...

I want to see the return of Zyra one of these days. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

*I frantically click quit spectating*

• Locked thread