Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

...Aaaand Black Panther just cast Man-Ape.

We said it too many times I guess.

He's being played by Winston Duke, who hasn't done a whole lot. People might know him as Dominic on Person of Interest though.

I mean what other villains does Black Panther have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

White people.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Electromax posted:

Jarvis, send me the mark 902 so I can teach David Blaine here some new tricks

Uh he doesn't have Jarvis anymore, Jarvis is the Vision now obviously duh

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

notthegoatseguy posted:

Killmonger, who's also in the movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And Klaw, who was setup already.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Black Panther is gonna own.

Can't wait to hear Chadwick Boseman yell "Man-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

And Klaw, who was setup already.

Must have missed that when he was confirmed. Cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I meant he was setup in the MCU already. I don't know if he's going to be in the movie.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Aphrodite posted:

I meant he was setup in the MCU already. I don't know if he's going to be in the movie.

They said Klaw is going to be working with Killmonger in some way. So, he's in it, but might just be a cameo. No confirmation about how big his role is.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It would be cool if a thawed out winter soldier made a cameo as well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

It would be cool if a thawed out winter soldier made a cameo as well.

I think rumors have said Bucky will be unfrozen and help out T'Challa.

Give him a sweet vibranium arm.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Codependent Poster posted:

I think rumors have said Bucky will be unfrozen and help out T'Challa.

Give him a sweet vibranium arm.

I thought his arm was already vibranium which is why Black Panther's ring made a huge clanging sound when it came into contact with it?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Until very recently (when Klaw started stealing it,) all the vibranium in the world outside Wakanda was in Cap's shield. Also, Iron Man was able to vaporize Bucky's arm, so definitely not vibranium.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Hate Monger the old Cap villain who originally was pretty much just a guy in a Klan hood?

There is a hate monger who shows up in a punisher arc and his costume is like the outline of cap's but white with a swastika

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is Hate Monger the old Cap villain who originally was pretty much just a guy in a Klan hood?

Yes, he tends to have hate-related mind powers too. American Panther is his bodyguard in this storyline. It's the only great story in an otherwise forgettable run where T'Challa decides to act like he's Daredevil for a bit.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I would have figured if we ever get another Iron Man standalone it'd be an Armor Wars thing. You know, Hammer gets out, maybe it turns out Stane is alive, they start selling armor to various criminals to get back at Tony, and now Tony is fighting Wizard, Unicorn, Titanium Man, etc. Could be used to start up a new AIM, or establish armor villains for other hero movies later (Scorpion for example). A plethora of poo poo armor villains leaves room for cameos, jokes, and villains enough for Tony and Rhodes.

You get hubris from the former big bads stealing Tony's tech, and I challenge any man to openly say they don't want to watch Bridges and Rockwell villain up a room together.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 30, 2016

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

theironjef posted:

I would have figured if we ever get another Iron Man standalone it'd be an Armor Wars thing. You know, Hammer gets out, maybe it turns out Stane is alive, they start selling armor to various criminals to get back at Tony, and now Tony is fighting Wizard, Unicorn, Titanium Man, etc. Could be used to start up a new AIM, or establish armor villains for other hero movies later (Scorpion for example). A plethora of poo poo armor villains leaves room for cameos, jokes, and villains enough for Tony and Rhodes.

You get hubris from the former big bads stealing Tony's tech, and I challenge any man to openly say they don't want to watch Bridges and Rockwell villain up a room together.

If they could could bring Stane back into the movies without it feeling really forced or lovely, I would be absolutely down for that. I get sick of superhero movies killing off villains all the time, especially good ones.

Doesn't he have a son in the comics? Maybe bringing him in would be a more natural fit though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Im4: pepper got all the armor in the divorce

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It'd be really weird to see another Iron Man without Pepper to be honest. Not that they couldn't do it just... it'd be weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Paltrow is awful so I'm all for never using her in anything again.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ImpAtom posted:

It'd be really weird to see another Iron Man without Pepper to be honest. Not that they couldn't do it just... it'd be weird.

They already said that they just disappeared Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings from the MCU and Portman was a relatively more important character than Potts.

We'll see in Thor 3 if they just pretend they never existed or if they give a reason why they're gone.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I sincerely doubt we'll get an RDJ Iron Man movie ever again. He loves the character, and he's grateful to Marvel, but it's pretty loving clear he's pretty on the fence about doing another three-month-plus commitment that a feature film demands, he's been open about wanting to leave the role (but keeps signing back out of some combination of loyalty, love of the character, and business pragmatism). He's the guy who founded the MCU, if I were to guess Marvel Studios is just gonna use him as a spice to season future films since that lessens the work pressure on RDJ while keeping him active. Plus, yeah, between Spider-Man and both Avengers movies he's gonna be active in films until 2020 at the earliest, at which point I'm guessing Marvel's gonna wanna start introducing the next wave of superheroes and/or start orchestrating legacy replacements for their bigs.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Recast Pepper with Amy Adams and we'll all be OK.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They already said that they just disappeared Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings from the MCU and Portman was a relatively more important character than Potts.

We'll see in Thor 3 if they just pretend they never existed or if they give a reason why they're gone.

I wouldn't say that. Pepper was a major part of all three Iron Man films as well as a minor part of Avengers and her absence was specifically addressed in Civil War.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I feel like Thor 3 is going to be the Thor movie everyone wanted. Thor on earth as a fish out of water is fun, but I think people were more interested in seeing crazy space viking adventures like a Kirby/Simonsen issue.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ImpAtom posted:

I wouldn't say that. Pepper was a major part of all three Iron Man films as well as a minor part of Avengers and her absence was specifically addressed in Civil War.

Namely, that Pepper broke up with Tony.

I'd be down with the Tony Stark/Aunt May flirtation from Civil War being more than just a joke. An older, embittered, scarred but still hopeful Tony Stark as Peter Parker's mentor and perhaps even father figure sounds like an interesting route to go, especially if the idea is Tony stressing the great responsibility line and trying to teach Peter to avoid the mistakes Tony himself made.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like Thor 3 is going to be the Thor movie everyone wanted. Thor on earth as a fish out of water is fun, but I think people were more interested in seeing crazy space viking adventures like a Kirby/Simonsen issue.

I don't know. A lot of reviewers say they started tuning out during the Dark World as soon as other realms and that kind of tolkien stuff started getting mentioned.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There is no shortage of love interests to pull from the source material if future Iron Man movies needed someone other than Pepper. That's one franchise that definitely does not have the Lois Lane problem.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Cythereal posted:

Namely, that Pepper broke up with Tony.

I'd be down with the Tony Stark/Aunt May flirtation from Civil War being more than just a joke. An older, embittered, scarred but still hopeful Tony Stark as Peter Parker's mentor and perhaps even father figure sounds like an interesting route to go, especially if the idea is Tony stressing the great responsibility line and trying to teach Peter to avoid the mistakes Tony himself made.

If we can't get the Nick Fury/Peter relationship from the Ultimate comics, I think a similar relationship between Tony and Peter would be fantastic.

And if Peter ever dies and gets replaced by Miles, they could also have Tobey do an adaptation of Spider-men please don't kill me

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

I don't know. A lot of reviewers say they started tuning out during the Dark World as soon as other realms and that kind of tolkien stuff started getting mentioned.

Yeah but those were fairly boring "standard"-ish fantasy realms. Show us some weird cosmic poo poo.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah but those were fairly boring "standard"-ish fantasy realms. Show us some weird cosmic poo poo.

We were already supposed to be seeing Asgard. The Marvel movies just have an extremely boring visual tone and cinematography.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm gonna miss Kat Dennings, but not Natalie Portman.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Jonny_Rocket posted:

This Mandarin argument is pretty dumb.

I'd much rather see them tackle MODOK in the next movie

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I'm gonna miss Kat Dennings, but not Natalie Portman.

Same. I still wish Kat had been cast as the lead, because it would have been awesome for her to become Thor eventually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She can't do dramatic.

She can't do comedy either, but drama moreso.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, but she is adorable.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If we get a replacement Thor I'd rather see Beta Ray Bill first.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, but she is adorable.

An adorable racist.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

An adorable racist.

She is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU