Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

doublelift is poo poo confirmed
edit: why do they have DL on Jhin? He has never been a good jhin player
Who could've guessed Doublelift wouldn't look as good vs actual world class players as he did vs Stixxay/Wildturtle?

not Doublelift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
My name is doublelift, and feeding is my pocket pick.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

henkman posted:

He did pretty well on jhin during playoffs

really? I only saw him on it like 2 games and he did poo poo like missing all 4 shots and cancelling his ult to walk forward and die instead of shooting 2 more times for 2 kills

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

doublelift is poo poo confirmed
edit: why do they have DL on Jhin? He has never been a good jhin player

100% agreed. DL is good adc, but not on Jihn.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

sorry guys my bad

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
It looked like TSM was expecting super aggressive RNG and got completely befuddled by restrained disciplined RNG. DL talked a lot about that in the regular season, that's how they lost the one game to Echo Fox and the series to Phoenix1, they just didn't do what TSM expected.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Dislike that 'theoretically good RNG' has shown up to Worlds :mad:

I think Uzi has matured some from the interviews with him and he deserves this

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Should have gone Lucian.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
TSM's play was so arrogant and greedy that game, constantly getting caught out without vision or clearing vision. They better not embarrass NA again by squandering the #1 seed.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

oh and ten???

edit: I still think TSM and RNG are coming out of this group, which is good.

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Mata: Hao Nao Brown Cow

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Good to see Mata's Alistar carry back in form.

Biofrost looked pretty exposed here.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Has someone called to check on Keven?

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Mata's Alistar is like a different champion. How does he have flash for every single fight.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
TSM's botlane fed some early kills that helped RNG to take back the advantage Sven/Hauntzer/Bjerg gained early and after RNG cleared the gold deficit the whole team just got caught out so much.

Mata's Alistar was just a joy to watch though.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Game wasn't canon, too many glitches & technical errors. Yawn. Nice to see all china can do is cheese.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
why is eu so poo poo ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

im on suicide watch this worlds

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Riot posted a vid of the Sol bug from Bjerg's pov:

https://twitter.com/RiotEmil/status/781752606871818240

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Lovechop posted:

Real talk it's probably infrastructure. NA has stepped up and really bought into the Korean/Traditional sports coach+support staff structure and forced the players to submit to the will of the coaches. EU has kind of halfheartedly made an attempt at it but I think they are just behind in that area, both because of a lack of good coaching talent and a lack of player buy-in. I don't know much about G2's support structure but I suspect they got to where they are largely on player talent and effort (we know Zven and Mithy put in a hell of a lot of work and the rest probably do as well). That can only take them so far at World's where there are teams that can match them mechanically and destroy them strategically. H2K and Splyce both seem to have some of the stronger (certainly more visible) coaching talent in the region, which is imo a big part of why they are at worlds. However I don't feel like they have the same mechanical strength and I doubt that their coaching staff can compare to what the NA/CN/KR teams are bringing to the table.

On the other hand, these are all Bo1's which is a big part of why group stages are always ridiculous at World's. They are a pretty poor measure of team strength. So don't despair yet, but really do despair because H2K looks realllllly bad and if G2 lose the head to head against CLG they are probably out and Splyce is a decent team full of young talent in a group full of battle hardened killers.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Riot posted a vid of the Sol bug from Bjerg's pov:

https://twitter.com/RiotEmil/status/781752606871818240

Yeah this is pretty bad. I've never seen this happen on the default skin though so maybe they can just disable the skin? Huhi was using the same one when it was disabled as well iirc

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Firebert posted:

Yeah this is pretty bad. I've never seen this happen on the default skin though so maybe they can just disable the skin? Huhi was using the same one when it was disabled as well iirc

They apparently started a test game with the default skin to check and then I went away for a few minutes so I dunno how that panned out

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatman posted:

They apparently started a test game with the default skin to check and then I went away for a few minutes so I dunno how that panned out

They had to force a remake so I'm fairly certain the answer is that they managed to at least reproduce it once with the base skin which is why the remake was called.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Dislike that 'theoretically good RNG' has shown up to Worlds :mad:

mlxg not just dying to try to secure his buffs was really surprising. mata played great, and Uzi was ridiculous as per usual. the rest of the tournament basically relies on mata and mlxg to keep up that form tho.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Guys what happened to tSM?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

mata

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

they bad

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just watched the TSM vs RNG vod and tsm sucks. DL still showing he isn't that good on a world stage.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
good morning thread I am starting watching worlds right now and just started CLG G2 game 1. What games were worth paying a lot of attention to yesterday?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Kashuno posted:

good morning thread I am starting watching worlds right now and just started CLG G2 game 1. What games were worth paying a lot of attention to yesterday?

INTZ vs EDG

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Digital Jedi posted:

Just watched the TSM vs RNG vod and tsm sucks. DL still showing he isn't that good on a world stage.

after him saying he was better than bang last year, no punishment is enough

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Crazy Larry posted:

INTZ vs EDG

Nothing like watching the best jungler at worlds poo poo all over kids.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
  • Doublelift should never play Jhinn
  • Bjerg should never play Orianna
  • Bioforest has taken a page out of Lustboy's playbook and now randomly gets picked while going on strolls around the map
  • RNG is the strongest team in the tournament and will win every game

good mourning

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

YancyQ posted:

good mourning

e:

Did anyone catch any of the alt streams last night? The Zirene/Inori jungle streams have been great so far.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 30, 2016

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Having ads built into the broadcast makes this look pretty chintzy imo.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

more like dICK posted:

i have no problem with ads but they could have made the ad look like it belonged on the screen and not like it was dragged over on mspaint yeah

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

e:

Did anyone catch any of the alt streams last night? The Zirene/Inori jungle streams have been great so far.

I watched them yesterday. I thought that the Inori streams were the best, but they were all pretty good.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Lovechop posted:

G2 - poo poo macro. H2k - poo poo macro. Splyce - Individual shortcomings, aaaaand poo poo macro.

(Im an EU fan :sweden: )

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

more like dICK posted:

I didn't even notice.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Chris de Sperg posted:

sorry guys my bad

any death threats yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Just got back home and holy poo poo the results are a clusterfuck. Are there any games not worth watching ?

• Locked thread