Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So some... "spoilers" which might wind up being bullshit, but apparently takes place after Titan

some of the press have been able to play the part of titan battle, and a subsequent hours.
chapter 5-

-Iris has been living in in lestallum, helping in "exineris" (an energy company that is responsible for making tools of battle (like potions) and provide extracting energy from meteorite craters spread over duscae.

(this happens after defeating titan.)

-Iris and a brunette mechanic woman,she works in exineris too., (I think she has not been seen yet in any trailer or anything) with a yellow suit work; They have a plan to infiltrate the enemy bases in duscae.

(they have a plan, are rebuilding old weapons of niflheim; to fire missiles on enemy bases, with the help of all rebels gathered from all parts of the Eos world.)

-Iris is extremely intelligent with machines.
she has a small Magitek moogle; floating and speaks (very cute and funny), she built it. using his moogle as a computer that connects to enemy gates, to open them.
iris gets open some enemy bases, hacking doors, she does it in 2 bases in duscae.

-at first base in duscae, we fight aranea. (aranea receive a call, and she retires in combat urgently.)
(ravus scene)

chapter 10 or 11 i do not remember (after altissia and get the trains i suppose o.o)

- the characters return to lestallum, by a call of iris.

- the second base has more safety and bigger, so iris, accompanies the 4 bros up inside to open more security doors.

- large bases have machines, these machines uses energy fields on the bases, "protecting the bases of the airstrikes".

-in the last base, with a big underground part, a mission of stealth (there are soldiers and a behemoth with a machine in the back, watching the area)
in the end, access to a room with large machines and a computer, the room is empty with no one, iris wants access to that computer.
they discover very rare data on experiments with the crystal of lucis, on that computer, and recordings of the attack on insomnia, noctis angry to see the scenes and hits the computer, an alarm sounds.
They run. when they leave there, many soldiers have them surrounded.

-ignis, suggests Prompto use a flare shot, and take Iris, and run out with it. while Ignis, noctis and gladiolus, struggling to give them time to escape safely. (A long single fight with 3 team members (iggy, gladio and noctis))
they just exhausted by defeating all machines, there is a scene and
red giant hologram appears in the middle of the base.
in the hologram appears an old man with white beard, with a diadem or crown? in his head, he is speaking to noctis, and that he will try a "new toy" against him.
and then, from the air, it lands a huge Magitek machine; very cool (shaped like a beetle) and intimidating. (I do not remember the name).

- You have to flee in the opposite direction, dodging missiles.
-noctis, is emboldened, ignores the calls of Ignis and Gladiolus, to flee and not fight against the machine.

-Noctis ignores them and goes to fight, but the machine has a strange purple barrier that blocks the "warp" of noctis.
noctis is surprised, and he get hit by a leg of the machine, he get protected,
but the force of the blow, throw noctis violently against a machine that forms part of the base.

-gladiolus runs to help. the machine will attack again noctis, gladio gets in the way of the coup and block the hit, but he gets a cut on his forehead.

-the machine is preparing to launch a missile to both , ignis runs to push them both to save them from the missile.

the missile fails, but hits on a machine in the base, the machine explodes, and small pieces are flying damage the eyes of Ignis and hitting the big Magitek machine, gladio and noctis recover quickly, and catch Ignis, they manage to escape taking advantage of the chaos of the explosion.

(It is a chaotic scene, but very cool.)

- when leaving off base, prompto and Iris They are waiting outside., she has a damaged arm, apparently during fight they too had been attacked, and iris has a damaged arm.

They take the car and go to lestallum, to heal their wounds.
gladiolus not talk to noctis, since.

-that night, they spend very sad scenes. noctis is lost in his own thoughts.

-a moment later, troops niflheim take the lestallum city, putting up roadblocks to search noctis; they know that noctis walks near the town, after being seen at the base.

-a black dog, looking for noctis, throughout the city (there you take control of the dog)

- from a hotel, the manager, reveals a secret exit to noctis and others, they grab ignis and out the secret exit, they take the car and they go before the enemy can see them.

- then you see a dog scene. observing how they go with the car at a distance; and the dog runs behind the car.

ok I will not reveal much more, soon, an important temporary ally joins a while instead of Ignis.

fast spoilers:
-iris returns, with the mechanics of exineris to meet with the rebels, he says goodbye to all (then appears more times in history).

-ignis spends time with "dracoons" a warrior tribe, which help ignis acquire an ability to "see" even being blind.

-They are a hidden tribe, they train mercenaries (like the SeeDs in ff8).

-ignis back with the group, their main weapon now is the spear.

-Prompto the main weapon will be two pistols at a point in history.

-gladiolus will always fight with the big sword as the main weapon.

I'm sorry for my English. -_-

https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/2594/i-know-about-some-spoilers-in-the-history-of-ffxv-spoilers#latest

No way to confirm it of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
EDIT: There used to be a video here. It's gone now, because the TGS hour of gameplay is just the same thing we saw before.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 16, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So credence to the spoilers reviewing footage

In the Chapter 0 Gameplay, Ignis does throw spears where as previously he's seen using a sword. And on the train he does have what looks to be a cane near him.

Of course that just means that the person making the spoilers could simply have noticed those things and constructed a narrative around it.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

CharlestonJew posted:

that was 12 with the gambit system and it worked pretty well imo

You could never quite make a 'steal' gambit that worked in 100% of the situations and it was the worst part of the game. You could make something that worked 99% of the time but it was the one thing you couldn't perfectly automate and it made me hate the game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey folks it's the final* episode of Brotherhood!

*there's still one left focused on Luna but that won't be out 'til release.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Terper posted:

nice, notice the Carbuncle on his pillow when he woke from the coma

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Terper posted:

Got my times wrong. :smith:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Apparently you can buy real life gear to match the stuff your bros wear in game

https://twitter.com/nova_crystallis/status/777348480616452097

https://twitter.com/nova_crystallis/status/777348244632330240

^^ Tabata was wearing that on stage

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ok but where's the "now watch some rear end in a top hat gently caress it up" patch

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Well gently caress, they made 16-bit sprite charm versions of everyone. Like, it's hard being fiscally conservative in your life when poo poo like this keeps happening.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

They probably had to anyway for the inevitable record keeper event. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SaviourX posted:

Well gently caress, they made 16-bit sprite charm versions of everyone. Like, it's hard being fiscally conservative in your life when poo poo like this keeps happening.

Please don't buy merchandise for characters you may end up loathing.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Here is the boss fight (the only? The first? Who knows) with the Dragoon Lady, in which Final Fantasy 15 reveals itself to be DBZ and secretly directed by Akira Toriyama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w4q7sG-O60

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Gologle posted:

and secretly directed by Akira Toriyama.

Please don't tease like this, Yuji Horii works for SE still. Get those two working with the FF team again and we'll have magic comparable to Chrono Trigger.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Noctis accidentally electrocuting his friends is the best

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Gologle posted:

Here is the boss fight (the only? The first? Who knows) with the Dragoon Lady, in which Final Fantasy 15 reveals itself to be DBZ and secretly directed by Akira Toriyama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w4q7sG-O60

Well, that makes me feel better about my action rpg battle skills. I thought I sucked and was meant just for turn based, but whoever was doing the demo there was terrible.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
All their good demo testers were taken by Nier Automata.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

ImpAtom posted:

Please don't buy merchandise for characters you may end up loathing.

About a decade and a half too late with that advice, mang.

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.
So does this game suck or something? Should I pass on it because no one is talking.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well the game isn't out yet so

Come back in 60 days if you want to!

There's actually a Japanese-focused ATR stream going on right now if you're hungering for info.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's not out yet

But it'll be good, friend

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.
Woops, it releases in November and not September.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that's what Tabata said too

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I want it to be good too, but at least since I'll have to wait for the PC release, I'll know how to adjust my expectations accordingly in the event that it isn't.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

The White Dragon posted:

I want it to be good too, but at least since I'll have to wait for the PC release, I'll know how to adjust my expectations accordingly in the event that it isn't.

There isn't a PC release.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well there probably will be but in the same time frame as the PC release of FF13

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

1) Tabata gets to see his daughter again

2) You get a PC release

Choose one

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'd be a bit more generous than that. Tabata at least knows it's a thing some people want, whereas XIII only happened for the sake of the weird mobile streaming thing.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Good or not, It's a mainline Final Fantasy game, which means I'm going to buy it. Which also means I've already preordered.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm going to wait still. I want to see if people actually like FFXV and how it will perform on the regular PlayStation 4.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 30, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm a dumbass who preordered the gently caress You Edition

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

MrAristocrates posted:

Same the more limited one (assumed).

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MrAristocrates posted:

I had someone else pre-order the gently caress You Edition for me :smug:

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

still excited for delayed ffxv brovember adventure

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Maybe since the game didn't come out today some goons should just get in a car and have a goon road trip and post the results.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Happy Sisyphus posted:

still excited for delayed ffxv brovember adventure

Isn't it Nov 29?

That's basically Brocember, dude. Bro'smas.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

MrAristocrates posted:

I'm a genius who preordered the gently caress You Edition

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's the same as the regular edition, except that you see the party driving 'round town with the girl you love.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Oxxidation posted:

It's the same as the regular edition, except that you see the party driving 'round town with the girl you love.

The way you play the game ain't fair.

Anyway, what are these "member points" consolation prizes from the Carbuncle thing even worth?

Oh wait, I just looked, and they're worth absolutely nothing. Exchange a million of them for useless junk nobody wants. Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Schwartzcough posted:

The way you play the game ain't fair.

Anyway, what are these "member points" consolation prizes from the Carbuncle thing even worth?

Oh wait, I just looked, and they're worth absolutely nothing. Exchange a million of them for useless junk nobody wants. Neat.

i wish i had that amazingly ugly dlc

• Locked thread