Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Sex Falcon posted:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but it is the loving WORST

I think this was one of my first posts in this thread. The only thing worse is just leaving an empty roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Sex Falcon posted:

I know right? Why people would set the roll on there clockwise and not counter clockwise is just baffling.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Tiggum posted:

You are my pet peeve. Shut up and let them finish speaking.

But they always sound, for a moment, like they're done, and I start to answer and then they butt in with a three paragraph post-script detailing things that don't matter.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

queserasera posted:

People who just loooooove the smell of books. Old books, new books, book stores, etc. There are even candles and crap that tout themselves as having the new book smell. Book smell is decaying paper, rotting glue, and ink farts, with an optional side of dry mold and roach poop if it's a old used book. There, I said it, and I'd say it again if I had to.

In the same vein, people who love books and share memes about loving books, books smelling good, and books that literally everyone had to read in elementary/middle school with "if you get this, you're a REAL book lover" or some dumb poo poo, and how they're better than people who party because they'd rather be at home reading a book, and how every time they're done with a book it's like a member of their family has died.

Bonus points if they literally never talk about anything they're currently reading.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sex Falcon posted:

Yeah, that rolly thing isn't a very good toilet paper shelf at all.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

At work people sometimes leave a roll on the coat hook on the back of the door.

It's baffling i bet they're foreign

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

W... where do they put their coats? :ohdear:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

W... where do they put their coats? :ohdear:

On the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

oldpainless posted:

Same but instead of books its asses

I can't stand old anus either.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Sex Falcon posted:

When I worked as a janitor at a zoo, there would be a stack of toilet paper, rolled and wrapped, left on the back of the tank. Can you guess how many times I'd go to clean and find all the rolls, still wrapped, thrown in the toilet and then poo poo on?

I had a good way to clean the bathrooms otherwise. Since they were all external, I'd take a gallon of bleach per pair of bathrooms, and the outside hose, throw the bleach everywhere but on the paper itself, and spray the walls, the toilets, the sinks, everything down. 12 hours later you could still smell the bleach. Come open it was at least able to be entered without eyes watering. But I do not understand how anyone can poo poo up the loving wall, or leave splatters all over the floor and throw the rolls, or better yet, ROLL the rolls over it to leave streaks across the floor.

I only wish I could have caught someone in the act just to ask them the gently caress.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Janitor chat always reminds me of the story someone told about going into a bathroom and finding a neat trail of blood spots across the floor, up the wall, across the ceiling, down the other wall, and back across the floor, and the only thing they could think had happened was that someone had taken a soaked tampon, held it by the string, and whirled it around like a pinwheel.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Yarn spinners. Goddammit, maybe your time is worthless. Maybe you've got literally NOTHING loving BETTER TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE then tell long rambling stories with no point. Myself, if I say, "Joe, where's all the flathead screwdrivers" I want an answer along the lines of "ah left it next to the bench grinder" not "well me and Billy Bob was down to the hardware store and ol man Tatum was askin Darrel Hargus about how he got hurt and Darrel, he said he was huntin and fell out of his tree stand and ol man Tatum said was you huntin or jest drankin and Darrel admitted there mighta been a bit of drankin goin on and I said mister Tatum, I need a couple of yer best flathead screwdrivers and a buncha poo poo nobody could ever possibly care about"

Because, see, I'm trying to tighten the chain on this chainsaw and I need a screwdriver. Every time I ask where a tool is I don't want to know where you got the tool, who else was at the hardware store, what they were talking about, it's like every loving body in the world is that one old codger from the Mark Twain story. If you don't work in a textile mill you don't need to spin no yarn.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I hate having to call out sick and then getting the "oh so you really needed three days off right after the weekend" glares. Fuckhole, I had PINK EYE. Want to see my prescription? I couldn't see out of one eye for a day, and had to do drops in both every 2 hours. For 2-3 days. You really want me loving driving with hosed up vision and passing this poo poo all over the place?

Oh wait, three other people are out sick too? So it's possible we all came down with pinkeye? And still you want to give me crap for being out for three days?

I know my boss is super stressed but seriously, the answer to "hey I will be in Thursday and am feeling better" is not "WE NEED YOU IN NOW."

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

In the same vein, people who love books and share memes about loving books, books smelling good, and books that literally everyone had to read in elementary/middle school with "if you get this, you're a REAL book lover" or some dumb poo poo, and how they're better than people who party because they'd rather be at home reading a book, and how every time they're done with a book it's like a member of their family has died.

Bonus points if they literally never talk about anything they're currently reading.

Related: tumblr posts (which of course get screenshot and shared everywhere now, so you can't just avoid them) that are clearly some kid who just finished his 10th-grade history midterm and is convinced that he's a ~history nerd~ now. Pretty much everybody and their dog knows the sketchy outline of how WWII went down, the relationships between the involved nations, even the wacky schemes and inventions that both sides cooked up in increasingly desperate attempts to win. It's not "the history fandom," it's knowledge that most of the literate world already possesses. And of course there's always a handful of short, pointless, fawning comments included in the screenshot, worshiping the OP as a blessed oracle of pure wisdom.

>> THIS

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When you CC someone on an email, but the response is sent just to you. How loving difficult is it to hit "reply all"?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

When you CC someone on an email, but the response is sent just to you. How loving difficult is it to hit "reply all"?

When you get CC'ed and reply to the sender only intentionally and the guy who cc'ed you adds everyone back in when they reply to you. It's not always a mistake, sometimes you want to quietly correct someone or just say something the other people don't need to hear.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

I hate having to call out sick and then getting the "oh so you really needed three days off right after the weekend" glares. Fuckhole, I had PINK EYE. Want to see my prescription? I couldn't see out of one eye for a day, and had to do drops in both every 2 hours. For 2-3 days. You really want me loving driving with hosed up vision and passing this poo poo all over the place?

Oh wait, three other people are out sick too? So it's possible we all came down with pinkeye? And still you want to give me crap for being out for three days?

I know my boss is super stressed but seriously, the answer to "hey I will be in Thursday and am feeling better" is not "WE NEED YOU IN NOW."

I had cellulitis in my foot once and handed them the certificate while limping and I still don't think they believed me. Did you want me to take off my shoe and show you my foot at twice the normal size it should have been? Daily antibiotics given by iv are NOT fun.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

When you get CC'ed and reply to the sender only intentionally and the guy who cc'ed you adds everyone back in when they reply to you. It's not always a mistake, sometimes you want to quietly correct someone or just say something the other people don't need to hear.

Sure, if it's intentional it's fine. The situation that made me think of it was dealing with a real estate agent. There's two of us sharing this flat, so for example I email the property manager about something being broken and CC my housemate so we can both be kept in the loop, and the response comes back just to me so I have to forward it.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

There's this one guy who insists on emailing both my personal work address plus a generic 'info@company.com' inbox which has filters that redirect relevant emails back to me, so I get his emails twice. When I respond I make a point of removing the generic address, but he always adds it back again in his subsequent replies. Every single time. :bang:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I loving hate Dreamforce. No idea what it is and no interest in finding out. All I know is once a year the downtown area is full of these lovely people wearing stupid backpacks and doing some bullshit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

If it's some kind of corporate team building thing, most of them probably hate it too.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

I loving hate Dreamforce. No idea what it is and no interest in finding out. All I know is once a year the downtown area is full of these lovely people wearing stupid backpacks and doing some bullshit.

It sounds like some stupid sales conference thing, but the picture reminded me of a kind of silly peeve I have: flash mobs. Silly because they aren't really hurting anybody and are probably having fun doing it, but... Especially the ones that involve people ~randomly~ showing up playing music, like orchestras and stuff. I hate being sent videos of that stuff with lines like "omg at 2:43 I totally cried. Amazing!". Also pushy improv people that try and drag you to their events all the time to participate. It always brings that scene from 22 Jump Street to mind because it's very accurate about how funny amateur improv almost always is, yet everyone thinks they're the next (guy on the cast from who's line is it anyway).

e: I guess what I said could apply to any form of amateur comedy, but something about improv always struck me as especially obnoxious when it's bad.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 09:58 on Sep 29, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Are flash mobs still a thing even? That seemed like a one- or two-year fad.

Also Murphy, your free username is...not the best.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Are flash mobs still a thing even? That seemed like a one- or two-year fad.

Also Murphy, your free username is...not the best.

I am very aware, thank you. And yes they definitely peaked a while ago but they are still around. I saw an ad posted downtown asking for volunteers just a couple weeks ago.

e: when i posted in that thread i thought how could it get worse than my old one (also a free one) and, well...this is how.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 13:29 on Sep 29, 2016

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lmao please keep that username forever

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Non-Indians, speaking English, who say "namaste".

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Tiggum posted:

See also: "Grassy-rear end". Friend, no. No, friend. We are both too white.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Tiggum posted:

So how do I say “I bow to godly/good qualities within you"? What's the approved white guy equivalent?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

So how do I say “I bow to godly/good qualities within you"? What's the approved white guy equivalent?

Why do you want to say that? That's a weird thing to say.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Saying foreign words is OK if you're talking to someone in that language or it's a commonly used word/phrase used respectfully. I have never heard "namaste" aside from people who are obsessed with yoga really.

Just make sure you say the word right if you must use it, nobody thinks it's funny if you, for example, go around germany saying "donkey shain" to people like my dad did.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Tiggum posted:

Why do you want to say that? That's a weird thing to say.

Wow...racist.

E: That is meant as a joke, but I'm almost certain that with out inflection it won't come across as such.

E2: Mostly because saying "goodbye" is boring, "later" and "I’m out" is very 2000s, "peace" is lame and co-opts urban culture, "blessed be" is nauseating, "peace be with you" is too Catholic.

And just look at this poo poo on Yahoo Answers:

Hello:
What's crackalackin?
What it do, home skillet? (or home slice)
How's things, chickadee?
Sup frylock?
What up?
Yo-yo yiggidy-yo!
Heeeeeeey (with sleezy eyebrows lifting up and down)
Howdy stranger.
What's shakin' bacon?
SPEAK!
Where have you been all my life?
Don't even think about not saying hi.
Fail. (while pointing and raising eyebrows)
Relax. I'm here.

Bye:
Catch ya on the flipside. (Rocco from Boondock Saints)
Peace! (or peace out bra).
Time for me to peace out.
Seeya!
Adidas amigo/amiga.
Later gater.
Seeya, wouldn't wanna be ya.
Bye-sexual.
Until we meet again. (Tip imaginary hat)
Hold the fort down, will ya?
I have to go. (paired with shifty eyes and abrupt departure).
I'll be bock. (Arnold voice)

Indolent Bastard has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Sep 30, 2016

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Just make sure you say the word right if you must use it, nobody thinks it's funny if you, for example, go around germany saying "donkey shain" to people like my dad did.

My dad does that too but with "silver plate" and "mercy bucket" instead of please and thank you.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Indolent Bastard posted:

Namaste

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Indolent Bastard posted:

"Noice."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
People who write out four-string bass tabs on six lines like a guitar. Also people who upload tabs that just stop in the middle of the song with no mention of the fact that its incomplete.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

When I say goodbye to my husband/sibling/other people around my age, I'm like 'bye, be safe, don't die' and they usually think it's funny but I am filled with anxiety and dread

KoB
May 1, 2009

Saying foreign words is OK if you're talking to someone in that language or it's a commonly used word/phrase used respectfully. I have never heard "namaste" aside from people who are obsessed with yoga really.

Acutally its totally ok to use foreign words however the gently caress because language is fluid and it doesnt matter at all if a couple of white women say namaste.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

cash crab posted:

I am still unclear on if it's appropriate to turn to someone in class and go, "Hey, could you keep it down, please?"

I had this happen more than once in high school and college with idiots that couldn't shut up when the teacher was trying to say or do something. Of course it's always the people with the worst (or borderline passing) grades that gently caress off, then complain when someone doesn't want to help them out. I got fed up a few times in my college classes and told a couple guys point blank that if they'd shut the gently caress up, they might actually learn something. Neither one graduated, one guy flunked and the other dude took some random job with his dad and never came back. Good loving riddance.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I feel like I'm constantly getting the "wow why do you know things like that" about topics I learned in middle/high school from people who were in the same schools and classes. They inevitably tell me their hilarious stories about talking/skipping/smoking during class. Glad you had fun, but now I have to explain to you why salting roads works or something simple while you act like I'm Rainman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
While You Were Chain Smoking With The Guy Who Stocked The Pepsi Machine I Was Being Accepted Into Mensa - One Goon's Tale