Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I was all set to do A9-12 last night, but my internet started lagging something fierce :negative:

And now I got ValorCon this weekend, followed by Rosh Hashanah, so it looks like I'll miss raiding this first week :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8295ba3a939680a7ac6bc323302426fad9037cec

Fanfest stream is up for sale. Turns out complaining about things in real life is just as good as doing it in game to make something magically appear. Rikku minion for this stream and those mystery outfits they announced half a year ago are "Abes uniform" and "high summoner outfit" which is presumably tidus' outfit for men and yuna's for women. 30 bucks, but i felt like I got my moneys worth last time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are people on this earth who want to wear the abomination that is Tiddlywinks's outfit on their characters

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There are people on this earth who want to wear the abomination that is Tiddlywinks's outfit on their characters

I kinda wanna see a Roe or potato run around in it for laughs. Kid gets a goofy Halloween outfit, and grumpy-but-good dad shows solidarity.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

How many characters have had their outfits included so far?

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Failboattootoot posted:

30 bucks, but i felt like I got my moneys worth last time.
Wasn't it only 20 bucks last time though?

Also the gently caress is cleeng dot com? Where are my bonus gimmicky twitch emotes?

Nill fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 30, 2016

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

SirPhoebos posted:

How many characters have had their outfits included so far?

Cloud, Firion, Zidane, Snow, Lightning, WoL kinda sorta. I think that's it, including Yuna's and Teedus's stuff.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
They teased Squall's in the last live letter too.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Hello thread I have some questions because most of you are probably still playing this game, are the double tap crossbars any good for ps4 and is this patch the same as the last 3 patches?? ty

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ArtIsResistance posted:

Hello thread I have some questions because most of you are probably still playing this game, are the double tap crossbars any good for ps4 and is this patch the same as the last 3 patches?? ty

yes, yes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I saw someone the other day who had done a pretty good job of making a "Tidus" look alike costume. I had the urge to laugh awkwardly at him for five minutes straight then throw my PS2 out a window.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ArtIsResistance posted:

is this patch the same as the last 3 patches?? ty

yeah dude they added the exact same content, but three times now, its crazy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Am I reading the instructions wrong for W crossbar? I'm double-tapping and holding the triggers, am I not?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ArtIsResistance posted:

What exactly would you consider a different patch?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tae posted:

Am I reading the instructions wrong for W crossbar? I'm double-tapping and holding the triggers, am I not?
Did you enable it in the options?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Did you enable it in the options?

Yeah, I put it so it's visible on my screen and pressed all the W options, still can't get it to work. On PC with xbox 360 controller.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Well thank you for some heated responses about um, an mmo. Gl

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hot take: Alexander story is still not good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hot take: yes it is

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm still upset with that cat for being a little poo poo in a7. But a12 has TIME PARADOX jails so I can't be unhappy about this tier.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I kinda had to laugh when they revealed that Mide is her own great-great-great-whatever grandmother.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

seiferguy posted:

not empty quoting

goku elf or bust

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Aleander story is fine. Not the best in the game but really not as bad as a few people in the thread are saying, hth

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8295ba3a939680a7ac6bc323302426fad9037cec

Fanfest stream is up for sale. Turns out complaining about things in real life is just as good as doing it in game to make something magically appear. Rikku minion for this stream and those mystery outfits they announced half a year ago are "Abes uniform" and "high summoner outfit" which is presumably tidus' outfit for men and yuna's for women. 30 bucks, but i felt like I got my moneys worth last time.

Wow it's a choice of one and not both?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I thought the Alex story was pretty bad, but some fights were fun especially in this tier so it balances out.

Aphrodite posted:

If you want both you'd need to either buy two tickets to this one (why?) or buy one here and another for either the EU or JP Fanfest.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

quote is not edit

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ahh, so it's to encourage a bit of whaling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just learned that Queen's haircut is apparently a super rare item drop in POTD instead of being buyable. gently caress.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
does the toy alexander drop every kill of a12?

im the only one i see with one, which is sad, because its a v good minion

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

can someone post a rundown on the aquarium stuff? is it all crafted stuff or can i buy it off an npc/marketboard? how do i set it up in my room?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

boy are my arms tired posted:

does the toy alexander drop every kill of a12?

im the only one i see with one, which is sad, because its a v good minion

Yeah, it's a 100% drop. I keep rolling terribly on it. Also on bolts.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Seems that way.

Alex story was ok when it was dealing with Cid's crew or goblin antics and dumb when it revolved around Mide. Time travel is also dumb as a plot device, even if the A12 mechanics related to it were really well done. I guess the fight justifies that part but I rolled my eyes pretty hard at the end of A8 2 patches ago.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
mide...

*touches scar*

was a stupid character

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the thing is you're never going to have a raid story with the impact of coil of bahamut unless alexander had shut down the servers for a loving year by blowing everybody up

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Office Surprise Store posted:

the thing is you're never going to have a raid story with the impact of coil of bahamut unless alexander had shut down the servers for a loving year by blowing everybody up

alexander savage is defeated by whatever worldfirster did it and the server reverts back to 1.0 days

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

Rikku minion for this stream
What does this mean?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you buy the stream you get a wind-up Rikku.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Mew!

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

Kuvo posted:

can someone post a rundown on the aquarium stuff? is it all crafted stuff or can i buy it off an npc/marketboard? how do i set it up in my room?

There are four tiers of aquariums, all crafted recipes. (You might be able to buy the smallest one somewhere from an NPC, not sure.) It sets up the same as any other furniture item. Each aquarium has a set amount of space for fish, only certain fish can be used (you can check which fish are usable on the aquarium itself), and each fish takes up a certain amount of space in the aquarium. They also have an accessory slot for decorations and you can buy these from the Housing Material vendor in the housing districts, I think.

Basically it's just another furniture item with a special menu attached to it that let's you you can customize the look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How's class balance now, anyway? From what I've heard SCH and WAR are still above everyone but otherwise I'm not sure how everyone else shakes up.

• Locked thread