Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

oops wrong forum posted:

I agree on the gear reqs, but again, the new chars > old chars is something that is in 100% of these games. If they ONLY fix old characters and don't give you heavy reason to invest (buy) the new characters, the game dies since whales already had everyone maxed anyway. And to be fair, they DO rework old guys: JKA's overhaul made him not only top-tier, but helped against the dodge-heavy meta that was out there at the time.

Yeah, they do rework old characters, but it always seems to be in service of making them the new OP guy. JKA is actually an example of what I was getting at. Instead of gradually toning down dodge rates, they threw in someone who crapped all over the previous regime and introduced a new one. Now, instead of gradually toning down AoE characters so they're in line with the rest of the roster, they're lurching to some new (Empire centric?) meta. I get the impression they think the meta shift that brings balance to the game is always right around the corner, if only they could introduce a character who is just overpowered enough.

I don't agree that new characters have to be head and shoulders above the old ones to keep whales whaling. Introducing new game modes that require particular rosters to get people to branch out can have a similar effect without frustrating the player base (to their credit, they're doing this already). Also it's Star Wars, people are going to want to collect all the characters as long as they're not absolute dogshit.

My gripes about shoretrooper's gear requirements may ultimately be irrelevant. He's supposed to be the new PvP tourney reward character, all but ensuring I will never get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Spakstik posted:

Yeah, they do rework old characters, but it always seems to be in service of making them the new OP guy. JKA is actually an example of what I was getting at. Instead of gradually toning down dodge rates, they threw in someone who crapped all over the previous regime and introduced a new one. Now, instead of gradually toning down AoE characters so they're in line with the rest of the roster, they're lurching to some new (Empire centric?) meta. I get the impression they think the meta shift that brings balance to the game is always right around the corner, if only they could introduce a character who is just overpowered enough.

I don't agree that new characters have to be head and shoulders above the old ones to keep whales whaling. Introducing new game modes that require particular rosters to get people to branch out can have a similar effect without frustrating the player base (to their credit, they're doing this already). Also it's Star Wars, people are going to want to collect all the characters as long as they're not absolute dogshit.

My gripes about shoretrooper's gear requirements may ultimately be irrelevant. He's supposed to be the new PvP tourney reward character, all but ensuring I will never get him.

Well buffing is always preferable to nerfing, as much as the AoE poo poo sucks it's too late to do a whole lot about it without severely pissing off the player base yet again as loads of people have invested time and money into Lando Palp Wiggs etc. CG has been burned several times with this game already over nerfs and general dumbassery like the initial mod release and is in a danger area (IMO) where another big change can tank the game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Holy poo poo tie pilot has 164 speed....he's going to be loving unstoppable. I'm going to start saving all of my currencies (except GW) so I can pour whatever he costs into him. Knowing CG they'll just put him in Cantina Battles anyways, but, can't hurt to try.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/tie-fighter-pilot/

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I knew the decision to switch to an all-Empire squad was a good idea!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Holy poo poo tie pilot has 164 speed....he's going to be loving unstoppable. I'm going to start saving all of my currencies (except GW) so I can pour whatever he costs into him. Knowing CG they'll just put him in Cantina Battles anyways, but, can't hurt to try.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/tie-fighter-pilot/

Nah he'll be in SHIP_GRIND just wait.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
As for Shoretrooper, I would highly recommend farming a droid/jawa squad asap, pretty much Nebit, JE, B2, 88, 86. They should counter him pretty handily.

Alternatively I do think that Emperor lead squads should do well against him...but you definitely need a debuffer so that you can apply shock to everyone else.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

As for Shoretrooper, I would highly recommend farming a droid/jawa squad asap, pretty much Nebit, JE, B2, 88, 86. They should counter him pretty handily.

Alternatively I do think that Emperor lead squads should do well against him...but you definitely need a debuffer so that you can apply shock to everyone else.

That droid squad was my first thought for a PvZ defense squad.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
I've submitted my name to the guild sheet, and sent a request to the leaders, but I haven't been excepted to either open guild. That may be due to me only starting to play about a week ago and only being level 43, which if that's the case I understand. I just want my leveling-up guild contributions to go to someone.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Is there a way to make the game stop spamming this giant ad for an event I can't participate in every time I view the main game screen, or do I just have to wait it out?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Is there a way to make the game stop spamming this giant ad for an event I can't participate in every time I view the main game screen, or do I just have to wait it out?

It's happening to me as well and it's awful.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

mushroom_spore posted:

They've acknowledged the bug and are working on it.

Also, I would highly recommend taking a look at this for questions like that:

https://swgoh.gg/news/

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Requested to join Ima Goon Di. Please invite meh.

IGN: Muadib
ID: 141-694-574

Please ally with me goons.

Thanks for accepting!

nfthree fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 30, 2016

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

We still have plenty of spots, look me or any other member up in the spreadsheet. I don't think you need to be accepted as a friend to request a guild invite, just make a friend request and then a guild request right after. Be sure to post you in game name here so we know it's not some rando.

It doesn't appear that one can request a guild invite with just sending an ally request. I wasn't able to request a spot in QGJ after sending an ally request to Doji Sekushi. Also I tried to send a PM to him but he is not open to receive PMs.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
https://swgoh.gg/u/herux/

That's my link to my stuff. What are the two best squads I could be running or who should I be putting focus on for gear/leveling?
I float around rank 50-20 with Phasma(L), Rey, Geo, RG, Palp and I GW with Lumi(l) rey geo palp phasma for nodes 1-10/11 depending on luck then try to clean up with Ackbar(l), STH, Leia, Lando, QGJ

Level 80 + Gear X + 7star
Rey (fully omegad)
STH
Geno Soldier
Emperor Palp(5 star)

Level 80 + Gear IX + 7star
Royal Guard
Ackbar(close to G10)
Lumi
Lando(88/100)

Level 80+ Gear VIII +7star
Phasma

OTHER Level 80 noteables
QGJ 7star Gear VII
Leia 7star GearVII
Daka 6star GearVIII
CT5555 5star GearVII
Darth Sidious 7star GearVIII
Count Dooku 5star GearVIII
Darth Vader 5star GearVIII

OTHER Noteable Characters
Teebo 7star
Old Ben 7star
Biggs 7star
Chief Nebit 7star
JKA 5star
Wedge 5star (Just unlocked)

Herux fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 30, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Hey, so, not really any one thing, but, I'm getting ready to move over to another guild. I'll still be around here and post things and whatever, but, I recently found out I have a friend in a legit guild...so who wants to be the new leader? Also, I've sometimes regretted joining pubbie guilds, so, I may want to come back (to this or QGJ - although still not as guild leader). So...who wants to run the ship?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Hey, so, not really any one thing, but, I'm getting ready to move over to another guild. I'll still be around here and post things and whatever, but, I recently found out I have a friend in a legit guild...so who wants to be the new leader? Also, I've sometimes regretted joining pubbie guilds, so, I may want to come back (to this or QGJ - although still not as guild leader). So...who wants to run the ship?

I'll do it with keeping current policies and discussing poo poo in thread if people want a change.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hughlander posted:

I'll do it with keeping current policies and discussing poo poo in thread if people want a change.

Congrats, you get the job.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Congrats, you get the job.

You shall be missed. Thanks for all the hard work you did!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Aww now your going to make tab sad. She already asked how many of you play in other goon groups. (Like how I know inkel from battlefield and mumble).

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Mal you're dead to me!

bdwvdc
Dec 2, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm confused and scared.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

xyigx posted:

Aww now your going to make tab sad. She already asked how many of you play in other goon groups. (Like how I know inkel from battlefield and mumble).

It's almost like we are addicted to games made by bad developers :dice:

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?

Inkel posted:

It's almost like we are addicted to games made by bad developers :dice:

I swear, everytime I get drunk I wake up with a new dice game. You can tell I'm drunk because I keep buying them on both pc and then Xbox, in that order. The shame!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Avail posted:

I swear, everytime I get drunk I wake up with a new dice game. You can tell I'm drunk because I keep buying them on both pc and then Xbox, in that order. The shame!

Pc then ps4, i know the shame. and premium for both (except hardline gently caress that game I am glad I dodged that bullet)

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Thanks for all the good work Mal ! Keep posting here, at least !

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Okay, the change they made to power levels is amazing. My arena team is now 44,777 power, and as a result my last 2 GWs had not just node 12 bugged, but 11 as well. They take about 5 seconds each.

:unsmith:

e: I didn't snap a screenshot because Lando ended it so fast, but I'm pretty darn sure node 12 somehow had a TIE Fighter Pilot on the enemy team. The only way to get him is as a login bonus, so it shouldn't be possible. I'm crazy, right?

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 1, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I'm at 43k and node 11 has not bugged :( Oh well, not like I have problems finishing anymore.

Dr. Venture posted:

e: I didn't snap a screenshot because Lando ended it so fast, but I'm pretty darn sure node 12 somehow had a TIE Fighter Pilot on the enemy team. The only way to get him is as a login bonus, so it shouldn't be possible. I'm crazy, right?

Not at all, node 12 is CPU generated characters and he is legit in the game so he can be there. He also can generate in the borrow ally list (with 3* and level 1 abilities - but still, try him out because he's nuts even so)

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Someone asked in game chat but it might be worth reposting here: are we (IGD) kicking off a raid soon? We have enough rancorbux for it.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Spakstik posted:

Someone asked in game chat but it might be worth reposting here: are we (IGD) kicking off a raid soon? We have enough rancorbux for it.

Our next one should be kicked off tonight, at 9 PM Pacific. We decided to blame Mal for not being there to kick it off, as we blame him for all things now.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

two_step posted:

Our next one should be kicked off tonight, at 9 PM Pacific. We decided to blame Mal for not being there to kick it off, as we blame him for all things now.

That loving guy...

bdwvdc
Dec 2, 2009

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m7omjyr1PY

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Figured it'd get buried in guild chat, just want to thank QGJ goons for throwing spare items my way the last couple days. :) I've been buffing up Luminara with them, she and Ahsoka have been healing my teams through a lot of crap.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010
Can I get an opinion on the viability of this team for the crit chance rank 3 mod challenge?

Lando G10
IG-88 G10
ST Han G10
Boba G8
Cad Bane G8

I know the last two aren't great, but for opportunity cost/ease of farming they made sense. I usually end the first round with Cad almost dead from AOEs and it goes downhill from there. G8 isn't great but I don't want to spend anything of value on Cad or Boba if I can help it, and my line for furnaces and cuffs is pretty long. I'd like to be able to 3* this but I'm not sure it's likely with this group? Some changes I could make:

-farm up Chewie instead of Cad? He'd be tougher at least, but I don't know how well I could handle the last round without even the chance of stunning Han.
-Mods. I don't have this team fully modded out, I've been spending cantina energy on shards. Even with a full set of semi-appropriate 5* health mods, would this team be viable?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Zone of Danger posted:

Can I get an opinion on the viability of this team for the crit chance rank 3 mod challenge?

Lando G10
IG-88 G10
ST Han G10
Boba G8
Cad Bane G8

I know the last two aren't great, but for opportunity cost/ease of farming they made sense. I usually end the first round with Cad almost dead from AOEs and it goes downhill from there. G8 isn't great but I don't want to spend anything of value on Cad or Boba if I can help it, and my line for furnaces and cuffs is pretty long. I'd like to be able to 3* this but I'm not sure it's likely with this group? Some changes I could make:

-farm up Chewie instead of Cad? He'd be tougher at least, but I don't know how well I could handle the last round without even the chance of stunning Han.
-Mods. I don't have this team fully modded out, I've been spending cantina energy on shards. Even with a full set of semi-appropriate 5* health mods, would this team be viable?

i think you'll do fine. i'm pretty sure I beat it with a weaker team.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zone of Danger posted:

Lando G10
IG-88 G10
ST Han G10
Boba G8
Cad Bane G8

That was my exact team. Secret to those I think is just move rank 15 mods onto the chars, beat it and remove them. If you do, do the rebel one with londo and sth still modded up

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Zone of Danger posted:

Lando G10
IG-88 G10
ST Han G10
Boba G8
Cad Bane G8

Not sure how close you are, but I had 6* Raid Han Solo on my team, which helps a whole lot, because his stun every round means one less AOE hitting your team usually.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Someone on Reddit is claiming that they changed raid damage, so that a bunch of people all clearing P1 will all count their damage. If so, we need to be a lot more strict about damage caps or something.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

two_step posted:

Someone on Reddit is claiming that they changed raid damage, so that a bunch of people all clearing P1 will all count their damage. If so, we need to be a lot more strict about damage caps or something.

That may be. I didn't pay any attention to what was going on but our T7 in QGJ melted pretty quickly.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Now that you mention it, I noticed last IGD raid that someone popped up out of nowhere with 1.5ish million damage and suddenly phase 2 was over when there was still a lot left. Man, raids in this game suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

Now that you mention it, I noticed last IGD raid that someone popped up out of nowhere with 1.5ish million damage and suddenly phase 2 was over when there was still a lot left. Man, raids in this game suck.

They really do. I wish they'd redesign them to be a collaboration effort rather than a competitive effort.

Maybe the SHIP_GRIND will be better.