Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is car girly?
yes, you are a pantyman if you buy one
no, you are still a tiny-dicked trog dont worry
dont care
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

its good if you like getting a "hot rod"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaunab posted:

Get a prius op and think about mother earth instead of your selfish desire to own an SUV

They hurt the earth more than suvs and don't pay back for 15 years that op won't own it bc he's a man let.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kuato posted:

Vehicles are a big waste of money, and only idiots buy them. This is why I have two, and pay for the privilege; driving a '13 Tacoma TRD Sport, and an '03 Celica. Every month I think about all the cool stuff I could be doing with that money instead.

In between blow jobs?

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Another "manly" SUV: The Dodge Durango. All of Chrysler's cars look angry as hell, except for the bitchmade fiat designed ones.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
pretty sure that suv is a minivan

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

rear end posted:

Another "manly" SUV: The Dodge Durango. All of Chrysler's cars look angry as hell, except for the bitchmade fiat designed ones.

But those are poo poo.? Look cool I guess. My dad had one and died at 80k. Get a 4Runner limited, because you can op.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Burt Sexual posted:

But those are poo poo.? Look cool I guess. My dad had one and died at 80k. Get a 4Runner limited, because you can op.

I heard bad stuff about the old ones. The newer ones seem solid, though. Chrysler upped their game in 2011.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Griz posted:

there's no more WRX/STI hatchback because ??? but they still make the regular Impreza hatchback with the new underpowered engine, and the Crosstrek which is the same thing except slightly taller and $3k more

The reason is because they already have trouble making enough cars to meet demand

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

rear end posted:

I heard bad stuff about the old ones. The newer ones seem solid, though. Chrysler upped their game in 2011.

I heard that. But what's to say 2018 is back to the same? When were 4Runners poor quality?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

rear end posted:

I rented an old one and I was amazed at how lovely and cramped it was inside.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Cars in general are for womenfolk, real men bound across the landscape with graceful and rhythmic strides.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you should get a tesla instead op they can drive themselves on the highway with only a small risk of killing you dead

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Plebian Parasite posted:

Cars in general are for womenfolk, real men bound across the landscape with graceful and rhythmic strides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
great brand engagement OP I like colgate toothpaste and I heard the Edge has a headgaskit issue that has led to ford disputing alot of the warrenty work

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Burt Sexual posted:

When were 4Runners poor quality?

late 90's early 2000's. if you so much as got salt on your fries in the drive thru the frame would disintegrate by way of rust and the still running engines would just burst free and continue down the road solo

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Bring back the Ford Ranger

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

Bring back the Ford Ranger

i thought they were

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

late 90's early 2000's. if you so much as got salt on your fries in the drive thru the frame would disintegrate by way of rust and the still running engines would just burst free and continue down the road solo

Didn't the engines have oil sludge issues too

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i got a Ford Fiesta ST and it owns

Ford > GM

and FCA = just run away

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

thathonkey posted:

i thought they were

Not in this retarded megalo-mart of a country, I don't think

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mariana Horchata posted:

i got a Ford Fiesta ST and it owns

Ford > GM

and FCA = just run away

The Fiesta Car meme will not take off sorry.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

oh what is that??

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

It will if Ford makes a Fiesta RS :getin:
Although reports are that the Focus RS is all tape out for power via the drivetrain so I don't know if a Fiesta one could hold it you know? Cars these days are the super cars of yesterday and it owns.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mariana Horchata posted:

and FCA = just run away

Their new, smaller engines are actually really good, but they're still nowhere near as phenomenal as the Ford Eco Boost system or Mazda's Skyactiv. We're in a golden age again for automotive engineering and design, there are far more good cars than bad now, and even the bad ones are still better in quality than the leaders from 20 years ago.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

VikingSkull posted:

Those even rusted out here in the south where we don't salt the roads. They are chick cars actually too. Toyota makes a whole lot of garbage cars. The newer 4 runners have these stupid arrows next to the rear nameplate that annoy me idk what they are for probably something about the rear glass of something. I cannot think of a single reason to buy a Toyota over some other car, unless you're in Japan in which case the correct answer for car to buy is the Toyota Century.

Also lol at the Chrysler apologist itt.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
my mom drives a ford edge sport

she is a woman

never seen a man drive one

it even has ridiculous factory 22 inch wheels yet its still for women

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Booblord Zagats posted:

Their new, smaller engines are actually really good, but they're still nowhere near as phenomenal as the Ford Eco Boost system or Mazda's Skyactiv. We're in a golden age again for automotive engineering and design, there are far more good cars than bad now, and even the bad ones are still better in quality than the leaders from 20 years ago.

FCA is literally at the bottom for reliability in pretty much every single survey. It's really quite impressive how consistent the results are

Also their management is lovely and bad. As in even worse than post-bailout GM bad, which is pretty goddamn bad

As in currently they are pushing back work on Jeep models to dump money into launching Alfa-Romeo USA which is just insanely stupid

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 30, 2016

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

thathonkey posted:

i thought they were

ElGroucho posted:

Not in this retarded megalo-mart of a country, I don't think

no but you can still buy older models, i drive a 2011 and its p good

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Polio Vax Scene posted:

no but you can still buy older models, i drive a 2011 and its p good

The Chevy Colorado did well so now they are looking ar bringing back the Ranger. The new Rangee is almost as big as the F150 though

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mange Mite posted:

FCA is literally at the bottom for reliability in pretty much every single survey. It's really quite impressive how consistent the results are

Also their management is lovely and bad. As in even worse than post-bailout GM bad, which is pretty goddamn bad

The MultiAir and TigerShark engines have pretty good reliability, though? They're the same GEMA designs as the Hyundais and Mitsubishis run with very little variation

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Pecs On Spec posted:

Those even rusted out here in the south where we don't salt the roads. They are chick cars actually too. Toyota makes a whole lot of garbage cars. The newer 4 runners have these stupid arrows next to the rear nameplate that annoy me idk what they are for probably something about the rear glass of something. I cannot think of a single reason to buy a Toyota over some other car, unless you're in Japan in which case the correct answer for car to buy is the Toyota Century.

Also lol at the Chrysler apologist itt.

You wish you had a hellcat, bitch.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mange Mite posted:

The Chevy Colorado did well so now they are looking ar bringing back the Ranger. The new Rangee is almost as big as the F150 though

Which is to say, the same size as a Tacoma and Frontier.

The Tacoma 4 door is loving massive for a "small" truck and why anyone would buy one over an F-150 is seriously beyond me

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Booblord Zagats posted:

The MultiAir and TigerShark engines have pretty good reliability, though? They're the same GEMA designs as the Hyundais and Mitsubishis run with very little variation

A car is more than just an engine, as any GM owner could tell you. I was going to say drivetrain but that might be triggering to an old Chrysler owner

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Mange Mite posted:

As in currently they are pushing back work on Jeep models to dump money into launching Alfa-Romeo USA which is just insanely stupid

yes as someone who has worked in the industry and dealt with their lunacy and incompetence on a daily basis i agree 100% and wish they just went bust back in ~2009 before hooking up with the italians

i swore to myself years back that the day they decide to begin producing autonomous vehicles is the day i begin applying to U Michigan law school

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Whatever you do don't buy a car that doesn't support Android Auto

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
build a car op have you thought about that? probably not. come on.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mange Mite posted:

A car is more than just an engine, as any GM owner could tell you. I was going to say drivetrain but that might be triggering to an old Chrysler owner

I agree entirely with that statement, but my only intimate experience with FCA lately has just been my gf's 500L and a friend's 500 Abarth, both of which have been pretty great for them, although I would never own either. So the actual US made Jeeps and Dodge's might still be crap, but the test drives I've done in the new Dart and the Renegade weren't nearly as terrible as the ones I've done in Liberties, Compasses, Corollas and Scions (except the iA, which was actually pretty good)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm looking forward to the 2019 crosstrek with 1.6l turbo (hopefully)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

Which is to say, the same size as a Tacoma and Frontier.

The Tacoma 4 door is loving massive for a "small" truck and why anyone would buy one over an F-150 is seriously beyond me

because its not a ford basically. and tacomas are the loving cats meow

theyre not that big if you go with the 5ft bed, the 6 footer is huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i cant believe ppl still buy american made vehicles manufactured after like 92

• Locked thread