Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Spoeank posted:

If you want Chip Kelly talking down to you about the Zone Read

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/781584433677688832

Chip Kelly is autistic news at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

axeil posted:

Chip Kelly is autistic news at 11

There are two types of beers Ales and Lagers. Lagers are fermented cooler and go through a cold storage process and ales are fermented at warmer temperatures and do not go through a cold aging process. When some brewers claim to "cold lager" their beer they really aren't, they are just lagering, which which when you are talking about beer is just cold storage. So really they don't need the "cold" in front of "lagered" cause it's the same thing in this case. And that ladies and gentleman is why the Zone-Read is not the Zone-Read-Option. And you're not cold lagering, you're just handing it off from the shotgun.

Is that clear enough?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Look, white people.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I can't tell if it's parody or serious.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I've been talking a lot of poo poo about Patriots fans this week and sometimes I feel a bit bad, because most of the regular Patriots posters here are the best. But like, what am I supposed to do when I see this on my Twitter feed?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Hmmmm help #teammatt trend on Twitter duh

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

fsif posted:

I've been talking a lot of poo poo about Patriots fans this week and sometimes I feel a bit bad, because most of the regular Patriots posters here are the best. But like, what am I supposed to do when I see this on my Twitter feed?

...ewwww

only way that could have been worse was bringing Mark Wahlberg in on that

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

At the end of the video, Brady invites people to visit Omaze.com/Boston to enter, then adds: “I can’t wait to meet you and tell you which one of these guys I actually like better.”

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Forever_Peace posted:

Maybe it's both.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Intruder posted:

Sorry but JJ is (or was before his back injury, we'll see because back injures are scary) an all time great who is white and a tryhard who is super patriotic so you'll never stop hearing about him for at least like 20 years

actually back injuries are no big deal and definiTely have nO loNg term effects in a football plaYer, especially wRt tO quarterback play and any player who coMes back frOm a back injury is actually going to be EVEN BETTER

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

adaz posted:

You should probably be less smug when you're on your 2nd NFL team currently ranked near the bottom in every offensive category. And your former team jettisoned all your old players and is busy tearing up the NFL in offense.

Also I do not understand the JJ Watt backlash. He's this generation's lawrence taylor and is loving amazing. Just stay away from some of the fawning and appreciate the all time great who can destroy games at defense, those guys don't come around very often and it's super sad he's out for the year.

gently caress jj watt

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Metapod posted:

gently caress jj watt

Yeah well gently caress, uh, who's on your team again?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah well gently caress, uh, who's on your team again?
mike mularkey

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://teespring.com/JM_NFL?tsmac=external&tsmic=NFL#pid=430&cid=101280&sid=front

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Word of Muth is on the Buccaneers this week: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2016/word-muth-tampa-twosome

quote:

One of the big reasons I wanted to cover Tampa Bay this year was to get a good look at their two second-year starters. One thing I've discovered writing this column for the past several years is that second-year guys are generally way more interesting to watch than rookies. Pretty much all rookie offensive linemen are below-average starters. Even the "good" ones who make Pro Bowls are overrated just because every writer and announcer knows who they are (usually they're first-round picks), and they actually are just good at some stuff (usually the stuff that requires a lot of athleticism) and bad at most everything else (knowing how much help to give, passing off stunts).

I was covering the Steelers and Cowboys during the rookie seasons of Maurkice Pouncey and Travis Frederick and both were just OK, and probably a tick below that. But people talked about them like they were top-five centers on Day 1. Both guys showed awesome flashes and both have grown into good players (Frederick in particular), but those first years were not the out-of-the-box sensations that everyone remembers.

No, it's typically the second year when you start to get a better feel for what a guy is going to be. The Bucs offer a nice team to study because not only do they have two second-year guys, they have a second-year guy who everyone thought sucked as a rookie (left tackle Donovan Smith), and another who most people thought played pretty well (right guard Ali Marpet). Today's column is going to focus on those two, starting with Smith.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Forever_Peace posted:

Has to be parody...nobody is that tone deaf...right? RIGHT?

JJ Watt is the most dominant defender in the NFL in 20 years (Ok, maybe a bit less). How many guys on defense do you plan around? Yeah, there are some amazing players, but not change the entire game on that side of the ball good

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Diva Cupcake posted:

Look, white people.

"deceptive speed" is a white people dog whistle, yes.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Metapod posted:

gently caress jj watt

You deserved jake locker & Mike Mularkey

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

adaz posted:

Also I do not understand the JJ Watt backlash. He's this generation's lawrence taylor and is loving amazing. Just stay away from some of the fawning and appreciate the all time great who can destroy games at defense, those guys don't come around very often and it's super sad he's out for the year.

lol if you think tff can appreciate a football player for what he is on field without sperging out about a hundred other things

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

lol if you think tff can appreciate a football player for what he is on field without sperging out about hundred other things

oh poo poo, rack'em

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

adaz posted:

Whoa, there mother fucker. I wouldn't wish Mike Mularkey on my worst enemy.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Jurrell Casey is really good though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm anxiety barfing right now.

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/781889723161841668

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It sucks that the Bills used one of their 4 alloted wins for this season last week.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently he's been ruled out for Sunday.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

adaz posted:

I'm sorry duke of football opinions that I prefer pass rushers in the Suh/Haynesworth/Suggs/Burfict over whitebread watt my truest apologies

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

what the gently caress

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ndamukong Suh is a Warren Buffet-schmoozing, Carl Icahn-retweeting tool who happens to play DT. He's Russell Wilson's brain in a man mountain's body. I miss him very much.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Thanks for posting this. Bucs oline has actually played fairly well this season.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

a new study bible! posted:

It sucks that the Bills used one of their 4 alloted wins for this season last week.

Sucks the Eagles used all three of theirs up front!! I'm not owned.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I agree.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Philly isn't as good as their record indicates, but I think they'll at least get a few wins within the divison.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Metapod posted:

I'm sorry duke of football opinions that I prefer pass rushers in the Suh/Haynesworth/Suggs/Burfict over whitebread watt my truest apologies

Suh is amazing, and as a Nebraska fan I love him most dearly. In college he was exactly what Watt was - an unstoppable force able to dominate games and throw quarterbacks around like rag dolls. He can't really do that in the NFL with any sort of consistency especially now that he is stuck on whatever it is that the dolphins assembled. JJ Watt can. Actually none of those guys can and it's not even particularly close. The comparison to his destruction of defenses is basically Reggie white (:3:) in the 80s, the last player who just absolutely dominated in all aspects of the game head and shoulders above the competition.

the ringer posted:

In Football Outsiders’ defeats statistic, which includes stops on third and fourth down, plays behind the line, and turnovers, Watt’s 77 tops the league over the past two seasons combined, and is 138 percent of the 55.77 average for players ranked nos. 2–10. Defeats for 2015 will be released in the Football Outsiders Almanac later this year, but the site’s founder, Aaron Schatz, was kind enough to show me Watt’s figures, along with these nuggets:

FOA credited Watt with 51 hurries last year. Nobody else totaled more than 37.5 (Carlos Dunlap). Watt had 33 QB hits, including plays canceled by penalty. Olivier Vernon was second at 30.

Looking at the overall totals for 2013 and 2014, Watt’s superiority is clear by those numbers too. FOA credited him with 35 hits in 2014. Ziggy Ansah was second with 19, and the nos. 2–10 average was only 15.88, essentially half of Watt’s total. He had 11 more hurries than second place Von Miller that year, and three more run tackles for loss than second place Lavonte David. Two years ago, the numbers weren’t quite as ridiculous, but they were still pretty absurd. Watt finished third in run tackles for loss, but he still had 15 more quarterback hits (36) than any other player, nearly doubled the average for the rest of the top 10, and finished fourth in hurries by Football Outsiders’ numbers.
https://theringer.com/jj-watt-antonio-brown-rob-gronkowski-nfl-position-kings-f1634d2647d1#.6e0cu8862

adaz fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 30, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

Suh is amazing, and as a Nebraska fan I love him most dearly. In college he was exactly what Watt was - an unstoppable force able to dominate games and throw quarterbacks around like rag dolls. He can't really do that in the NFL with any sort of consistency especially now that he is stuck on whatever it is that the dolphins assembled. JJ Watt can.

Which is funny because Watt wasn't that in college. He was good for sure, but Suh is probably the single most dominant college defensive player that I have personally watched.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

adaz posted:

Suh is amazing, and as a Nebraska fan I love him most dearly. In college he was exactly what Watt was - an unstoppable force able to dominate games and throw quarterbacks around like rag dolls. He can't really do that in the NFL with any sort of consistency especially now that he is stuck on whatever it is that the dolphins assembled. JJ Watt can. Actually none of those guys can and it's not even particularly close. The comparison to his destruction of defenses is basically Reggie white (:3:) in the 80s, the last player who just absolutely dominated in all aspects of the game head and shoulders above the competition.

https://theringer.com/jj-watt-antonio-brown-rob-gronkowski-nfl-position-kings-f1634d2647d1#.6e0cu8862

I like how you read that and thought this dude is being completely serious and thinks Suh is better than watt MUST SHOW HIM WRONG

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
QB1: 67/107, 62.6%, 723 yards, 4 TD, 4 INT, 6.8 Y/A
QB2: 65/109, 59.6%, 695 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT, 6.4 Y/A

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That qb1 must be sexy has gently caress

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

QB1: 67/107, 62.6%, 723 yards, 4 TD, 4 INT, 6.8 Y/A
QB2: 65/109, 59.6%, 695 yards, 3 TD, 4 INT, 6.4 Y/A

I know who one of them is just because of why you'd post it. But is the other either Eli Manning or Carson Palmer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Beastly awesome #1 overall pick Marcus Mariota vs overpaid lovely bum Brock Osweiler

• Locked thread