Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Jose posted:

reading kekkaishi and lol

also was shadow skill ever any good/translated? i watched it years ago

This made me frown pretty hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I might end up being wrong but i'm shocked a shounen series killed someone so early on

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
I read 124 chapters of Kengan Asura in Vietnamese* and had a blast, there's much to look forward to over the next couple years as it gets translated

*I do not know Vietnamese

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Time for a witch's seminar.

http://bato.to/reader#efea5e3de9363b7c_1

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like how she screws over everyone who interacts with her, often for no reason

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

whats the manga reader extension called to use on batoto

Depressing Box
Jun 27, 2010

Half-price sideshow.

Jose posted:

whats the manga reader extension called to use on batoto

Manga Loader.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is the series Air Gear bad?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mraagvpeine posted:

is your favorite book atlas shrugged

if so you're in for a good time

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Mraagvpeine posted:

It's extremely, aggressively dumb. I love it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you like nice art, then yes. if you like uhh... any other aspect of fiction then no.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

To elaborate on my previous post: it's very good, in the same way Manos the Hand of Fate, The Room, and Heroes past season one are good. Meaning that they're all terrible, but you can enjoy them because they're terrible.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
its an oh! great series. lots, lots, and lots of T&A but not much in the way of things like comprehensibility or focus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The art is amazing and great and I like when the gang are just hanging around shooting the poo poo

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It starts off fairly grounded: Boy with big dreams uses plausible excuse to take part in future-rollerblading subculture and shows himself a natural, while surrounded by various archetypical friends and busty women. Then it began to descend into total madness, power escalation, and bullshit mid-season-upgrade asspulls.

Exactly like Tenjou Tenge, basically. I mean for me it started off great but when the stakes got higher than "underground skate team tries to win local championship" and the side-characters were turned from entertaining people into one-joke paper cut-outs I tuned out.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Just to give a metric: one of the more sane scenes is two characters fighting a dude who hits really hard, and one of them says "Get him from behind, he won't be able to hit us if we're behind him", and the dude goes "WELL TOO BAD I HAD MY BROTHER REMOVE MY SHOULDERBLADES SO I CAN PUNCH YOU EVEN IF YOU'RE RIGHT BEHIND ME" and he does :allears:

Also the bad guy's endgame plan is "The world is inherently unfair since some people are born stronger, so I'll just give everyone SUPER SCIENCE WEAPONS so everyone will be as strong as everyone else and the world won't be unfair anymore" :allears: :allears:

It's bad and unashamedly so, playing every shonen trope you can think of fast and hard. How can you NOT love something this dumb? :allears:

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
:allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: it sucks :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears: :allears:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is it the main character or a side character who swaps bodies with obama?

how has nobody brought that up

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jose posted:

the villain, I think. or obama IS the villain, i've forgotten

I believe their nefarious plot is to give everyone in the world free energy, a plot that must be stopped at all costs because of the nobility of bootstraps.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Yinlock posted:

the villain, I think. or obama IS the villain, i've forgotten

I believe their nefarious plot is to give everyone in the world free energy, a plot that must be stopped at all costs because of the nobility of bootstraps.

If everyone's super, then nobody's super.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jose posted:

A side character on the main team who isn't as good at airblading as everyone else, but Obama is good at airblading so it worked out.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know why you guys think John Omaha first black president of america and kenyan is similar to obama

Oh Great is so loving talented though imho

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Allarion posted:

A side character on the main team who isn't as good at airblading as everyone else, but Obama is good at airblading so it worked out.

Ah. Kind of like a Piccolo situation.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

http://bato.to/reader#034563adbbc6b4f1_1

the lil minion duders are becoming one of my favorite parts of this comic

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

They continue in the grand tradition of Ratman's jackies.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

chumbler posted:

They continue in the grand tradition of Ratman's jackies.

The Jackies will forever be the best comedy henchmen.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

I like how you can always tell them apart by the shape of their eyes

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sharkopath posted:

It's definitely a decent cute/silly thing, makes me kind of want to rewatch Astro Fighter Sunred.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

I like how you can always tell them apart by the shape of their eyes

o.o is my fav

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Saint Seiya any good?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The Promised Neverland looks interesting but hopefully it won't end up dumb. I like the art. It's pretty good for a debut manga really.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is Saint Seiya any good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu533OKYHyc

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Allarion posted:

She's also like a 16 year old girl and obama pervs out on her whilst in her body also i don't think they ever change back

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Sharkopath posted:

MISS TROOOOOOOON!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

But is it worth watching if I enjoy, say, DBZ? What is it most comparable to?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

If you watch it now it's a standard issue shonen, with hot blooded protagonists, ridiculous techniques, shouting, drama, baffling plot points, and filler. That's because it, along with Dragonball, basically defined what a standard issue shonen is.

If you're looking for something special, Saint Seiya ain't it. But if you can get into the mindset of "in the eighties this was something 100% new and never before seen" and watch it because of that, you can thoroughly enjoy it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Right, that sounds fair enough. It looks a bit like "Sailor Moon for boys" (and Sailor Moon was already "Dragon Ball Z for girls" in any event :v:).

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Promised Neverland.

Okay, so I really dislike the rather racialized depiction of the new farm warden as this big, ugly, scary black lady. It really does not seat well with me. That said, it's good that she's actually quite competent and intelligent, and I do wonder what her backstory is. Also at the end- Norman, NO! What?? :stonk: That took a really dark turn!!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Promised Neverland.

Okay, so I really dislike the rather racialized depiction of the new farm warden as this big, ugly, scary black lady. It really does not seat well with me. That said, it's good that she's actually quite competent and intelligent, and I do wonder what her backstory is. Also at the end- Norman, NO! What?? :stonk: That took a really dark turn!!

Yes, the weird caricature of the new assistant is :stare: compared to how everyone else looks even when the scene is scary. There's a lot of questions like even if they kill them what's stopping the demons from just retaliating once they find out? Also being like 12 years old how would they survive w/o money and etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I get the impression the mamas are basically drawn like that to represent how adults look to kids. The main one will likely get creepy at some point.