Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GQ02nXQQiM

It's sooooo KAWAIIIIII~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
It was literally posted in the previous page...

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I don't have the link handy but Play Asia has some upcoming US style game cabinets in 1/12 scale coming out soon. Namco titles only IIRC. So there are more choices for silly projects. I'd personally just say to chop up those new Pac Man and Space Invaders LCD games TRU and Walmart has. Not arcade authentic cabs but more room to putz with and make something nice out of.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
NoE released a trailer for the EU NES Classic.
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/781735356450217984

It seems to imply that both 50hz and 60hz versions of games will be playable.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It's also shown that the emulator is actually different from the Wii U one, and I kinda hope they can backport it to the Wii U.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I don't know why anyone would ever want to play the 50Hz versions voluntarily (aside from :byodood: MAH NOSTALGIA, I guess), but it's nice to see that they're at least giving you the option to choose between that and 60Hz.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kins posted:

Love the over-the-top 80s style advertising

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Reminder that me and some buds are doing an 1CC arcade games marathon this weekend, starting today at 5:00 CST.

Stream page
Schedule

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Love the over-the-top 80s style advertising

the music tho :cry: it's like europe's only frame of reference for 80's game music is C64 warbles

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

d0s posted:

the music tho :cry: it's like europe's only frame of reference for 80's game music is C64 warbles

I didn't actually watch it (well, try to watch it) until you said this and jesus christ.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm in the market for some SNES repro carts. Are there any reliable sources for good-quality carts that hold a save well?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Not a Children posted:

I'm in the market for some SNES repro carts. Are there any reliable sources for good-quality carts that hold a save well?

NOT gamereproductions.com, for one.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

d0s posted:

Parts of it remind me of impossamole (tg-16) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0YKfNE53Pg&t=298s

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

The Kins posted:

I wonder if they intended the mistake in that video where they show Castlevania, but say "Castlevania II: Simon's Quest".

beaver_cheese
Feb 13, 2001

Bad day for that beaver.
It's unfortunate that the CRT Filter looks like its going to add image distortion effects, rather than just a scanline overlay. It would have been nice to have sharp image quality with scanlines.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This is what the UI for the NES Classic looks like:

Certainly not a fan of the colorscheme in comparison to the Famicom Mini's variant.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Kins posted:

Certainly not a fan of the colorscheme in comparison to the Famicom Mini's variant.

That's kinda neat. Probably out of the scope for that platform but it would be cool to zoom in on the box and flip it over to read the back. Probably only something you'd do once and then never again though.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, the color scheme is what Nintendo used in the US.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Kins posted:

Reminds me of Mario All Stars. :)

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

It's a dumb nitpick but that interface just doesn't look "nintendo-ish" enough for me, like it's very obvious it's some other dudes making it. There's nothing I can really point my finger to, it just looks like some random emulator frontend or something instead of A Nintendo Product™

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

d0s posted:

It's a dumb nitpick but that interface just doesn't look "nintendo-ish" enough for me, like it's very obvious it's some other dudes making it. There's nothing I can really point my finger to, it just looks like some random emulator frontend or something instead of A Nintendo Product™

It's the icons on the top that look like they came from some ancient failed adventure game. Make me think of Mario is Missing.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Phantasium posted:

It's the icons on the top that look like they came from some ancient failed adventure game. Make me think of Mario is Missing.

Agreed the icons throw me off but overall it doesn't look out of place next to NES Remix which is to say it's "simple and inoffensive."

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

d0s posted:

Nintendo's European R&D studio is making it (the one that used to be Mobiclip) so that's probably why it looks like the frontend for a cheap DVD player.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Whoops, I traded for some AES games. Anyone have s console they want to sell me?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

falz posted:

Whoops, I traded for some AES games. Anyone have s console they want to sell me?

sell them and get 3x as many mvs games, and an mvs

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
just how bad exactly is that neogeo x new console thing?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

It's just neoragex in an arm package.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

I have to keep telling myself "You don't want an MVS. You don't want that kind of :retrogames:. You don't need that kind of :retrogames:."

But then you guys start talking and I start getting ideas and my wife starts saying things like "I thought you were DONE" and I'm like oh goddamn it.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
The thousands I spent to have a near complete playable mvs set was worth it. I think I'm missing like 20 games outside of quiz/mahjong

Wouldn't have done it if I wasn't ok with multicarts though

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I know it's a really silly accomplishment, but it took me 24 years:

I stayed up tonight to get this done, and my 11 year old self is surely jealous.

Happy Birthday to me :v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Now get the Dragon Punch in X2!

Don't think you can do it?

SURE YOU CAN!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

DoctorWhat posted:

Now get the Dragon Punch in X2!

Don't think you can do it?

SURE YOU CAN!

Don't own x2 or x3. :(

Working on it. Hoping I at least get a SD2SNES for said birthday.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I had an old Rpi B+ that was used to run Kodi but I barely used it so I set up retropie so I could play Nintendo, unfortunately it really struggles with playing most games there's often a lot of slow down even if I overclock the Rpi is this right? would I be better of using a newer Pi? is it possible that my power supply is not good enough as I'm using the charger from an Amazon Fire.

Weirdly the only game I got running smoothly was the PSX version of Street Fighter The Movie

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Gaz2k21 posted:

I had an old Rpi B+ that was used to run Kodi but I barely used it so I set up retropie so I could play Nintendo, unfortunately it really struggles with playing most games there's often a lot of slow down even if I overclock the Rpi is this right? would I be better of using a newer Pi? is it possible that my power supply is not good enough as I'm using the charger from an Amazon Fire.

Weirdly the only game I got running smoothly was the PSX version of Street Fighter The Movie

The pi3 works just fine with all that, but the pi2 should work with any 8/16 bit system. I wonder if your build was particularly old, or maybe your sd card was slow or something...

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/1ccmarathon

We're starting day 2 of this thing. I'm even playing stuff today!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I got a pack with four racing games for the Saturn. Tried Gale Racer first, because it was apparently considered like a follow up to Outrun back in the day? It is not good.

Well, it is probably better than this other one called Doozy-J Type R Zero 4 Champ or whatever. Now that is utter garbage to me. Maybe someone out there really likes the alchemical mystic of switching gears for optimal speed boost while driving in a straight line while a CPU rival does the same?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Holy crap, I decided to just play 10 minutes of Tales of Phantasia on the GBA, and the slowdown/speed in battles is horrible. Feels so sluggish and is easy to get ahead of your actual action. Not really going to sit down and play through it (about to go on vacation, so will be playing DQ7 on my 2DS), but kinda makes me reluctant to play that over my other GBA rpgs. May play some Golden Sun first instead.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Gaz2k21 posted:

Maybe it's a lovely NES emulator core? I p played through super metroid on the same pi and it was fine outside of sight slowdown on levels with water at the bottom.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've been playing Kirby's Dream Land 3 on my Pi and any level with water, i.e. transparency, forces the emulator speed to its knees. It also reliably triggers the overheat alert.

e: RPi 3 and latest software, too.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Yeah, the RPi1 doesn't seem to hang as well as the 2, but the 3 is phenomenal for this.

Also, I got Kthulhu5000's Super CD2 for my PCE, popped in Cho Aniki along with his 3.0 card, and

yeeeeeeeee

• Locked thread