Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Keep messaging those guys selling for fractions and offering them stuff based on that tool. Sooner or later they might learn the error of their ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jusupov posted:

Best new trading tool http://poe.ninja/esc/trade-calculator

No more paying a chaos for a 0.8c listing

Ah perfect let me just grab that chrome and 4 scrolls for the 0.27 fusing difference you wanted

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

0.5 intervals of chaos is the absolute maximum I'd consider reasonable.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Karnivool posted:

How did you level your build?

Sadly, you have to do it the worst way imaginable: As a Witch. I did the biggest portion with Whispering Ice just out of a desire to get that part of the game done with.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

I dont message people who list for .95. It's a scummy thing to do and I'm not going to reward them for it.

Poe.trade rounds up so you can't see the top listing uses .96

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lmao @ reddit going bananas over gloom wings price. Who the gently caress cares? If you dont want an expensive cosmetic item, dont buy the expensive cosmetic item holy poo poo

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
All the micro transactions are overpriced, honestly. The only ones i'd ever buy (and did) are tabs, and those could go to be cheaper. like 1.99 per custom tab would be cool, or 6.99 for a bundle.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Yes I too feel that this free to play game which you don't need to spend any money on to enjoy without any pay to win, and gets continuous dev support and expansion content, charges too much for hats.

(I feel guilty not giving them MORE money)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Gloom wings remind me of the D3 preorder wings. I'd rather have another armor set personally but yeah it's kinda dumb to complain about the price.

Speaking of which, what's the best armor set to pair with black hole vortex?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The answer is always infernal armour

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
All of the wings look loving terrible anyway

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I kinda want the hussar wings but $18 is a bit much

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Soothing Vapors posted:

All of the wings look loving terrible anyway

Hussar Wings are the best.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Working on leveling a very stupid idea: the most passive character I could make, a CWDT Berserker. My plan is to walk at enemies and have them die.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Yes I too feel that this free to play game which you don't need to spend any money on to enjoy without any pay to win, and gets continuous dev support and expansion content, charges too much for hats.

Their pricing model made sense back when the micro's were more like a donation reward, but now that they have many more players, and many more micros it would probably make sense from their end to take another look at the pricing. Other f2p games seems to do well with tiered pricing i.e. you still have the $40 armor sets, but you also have $20 and $10 ones to get in people who would otherwise not buy anything. Like even as someone who has bought several full armor sets, I would be inclined to buy a lot more if they were priced resonably and they have enough of them now where the older ones could easily be discounted (I know they recently experimented with that promotion for cheap older micros). The mystery boxes are really dumb because you clutter up your insanely clunky mtx interface with dupes that you can do literally nothing with. They need to rework the whole mtx interface really.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

theshim posted:

Working on leveling a very stupid idea: the most passive character I could make, a CWDT Berserker. My plan is to walk at enemies and have them die.

Like this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbVupAZHanA

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Well, Hiltless instead of Heartbound Loop, and non-infinite, and with Berserker's leech, especially with Cloaked With Savagery giving me insane sustain if I can reliably take 15% hits.

But hopefully, yeah, something like that :unsmigghh:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Alright goons which ascendancy should I pick for my vaal righteous fire boss killer, using perhaps lightning warp to clear trash.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
As a CI BV pathfinder what do you think is going to offer me better mitigation? I have 2 flask slots left after vinktars, ToH and quicksilver. Until now I've been using rumi's, jade and stibnite, but now I've got a ToH I need to drop one.

If I keep my rumi's I get 61% block and 2.2kev from the stibnite. Alternately I could drop the rumi's and use the stibnite and the jade which gets me 22k ev with 25% block. I'm thinking that block is probably more reliable than ev, but I'm not sure. The jade and stibnite flasks so far have been a great combination, I can face tank argus without getting hit at all for example, even with only 1k base evasion.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Duck and Cover posted:

Alright goons which ascendancy should I pick for my vaal righteous fire boss killer, using perhaps lightning warp to clear trash.

Elementalist. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628996

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Let's be real, you'll have a hard time with the endgame if you don't have at least a currency tab and 1 or more custom tabs. That's a type of pay to win. Even if you don't need the aforementioned tabs, you'll potentially super charge your char just by having the ability to sell stuff with tabs, and having good game sense/economy knowledge.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

TheRat posted:

I dont message people who list for .95. It's a scummy thing to do and I'm not going to reward them for it.

I'm using that script that someone came out with that lets me blacklist people that do that, so I never see it. I really think there needs to be a reddit thread with a list of all of them. Really hit them in their profits.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

Let's be real, you'll have a hard time with the endgame if you don't have at least a currency tab and 1 or more custom tabs. That's a type of pay to win. Even if you don't need the aforementioned tabs, you'll potentially super charge your char just by having the ability to sell stuff with tabs, and having good game sense/economy knowledge.

It's perfectly possible to sell stuff without premium tabs. You're paying for convenience at most.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pharnakes posted:

As a CI BV pathfinder what do you think is going to offer me better mitigation? I have 2 flask slots left after vinktars, ToH and quicksilver. Until now I've been using rumi's, jade and stibnite, but now I've got a ToH I need to drop one.

If I keep my rumi's I get 61% block and 2.2kev from the stibnite. Alternately I could drop the rumi's and use the stibnite and the jade which gets me 22k ev with 25% block. I'm thinking that block is probably more reliable than ev, but I'm not sure. The jade and stibnite flasks so far have been a great combination, I can face tank argus without getting hit at all for example, even with only 1k base evasion.

Rumis is the best defense flask, evasion is modified by accuracy while block isn't

also gently caress with a rathpith you max both blocks and can ignore the stibnite too

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
What's a cool build for getting back into the game with that doesn't have stringent item requirements? I tried going into the builds section of the official forums, but that place is a mess. Nothing with Double Totems though, as that was my old main and I'd like to try something new.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

So, for picking jewels for Doomfletch:

Would a 16% phys with bows, or just 16% phys in general, be a better option than 10% damage?

Like I'm not sure if the generic damage% would be applied each time - making that 10% damage be 10% phys, 11% lightning, 11% fire, and 11% cold.

Also this. Go ahead and give a dude two jewels and a wisdom scroll for his .95 item and see what happens.

It's conversion it only gets applied once. So Phys %, w/ Bows, and projectile damage are your best options.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I was thinking high crit would make 100% ignite chance unnecessary, while providing more damage.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Duck and Cover posted:

I was thinking high crit would make 100% ignite chance unnecessary, while providing more damage.

High crit is much harder to get than high ignite chance though

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Cynic Jester posted:

What's a cool build for getting back into the game with that doesn't have stringent item requirements? I tried going into the builds section of the official forums, but that place is a mess. Nothing with Double Totems though, as that was my old main and I'd like to try something new.

There's actually a fair amount of builds that don't outright require but one or two items. Whispering Ice, for instance, only REALLY needs the stick to work; it's just that using other items hurts your DPS. I'd go with that. It's pretty fun and effective, considering it's basically Shaper-capable when fully equipped.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cynic Jester posted:

if you're solo a spellcaster works best for this, Essence Drain Trickster can do literally anything up to Shaper

if you join the guild you'll have several good weapons in the stash, so Earthquake Juggernaut or Tornadoshot Deadeye or similar would work

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Personally I think almost all the MTX look terrible and don't match the art style of the rest of the game. But the game is awesome and I felt guilty enough about playing for nothing that I bought $50 worth of points plus some stash tabs. Still haven't actually spent the currency and I probably never will :shobon:

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

Cynic Jester posted:

I just got back into the game and I'm enjoying my phys Flicker Strike duellist. I paid 1c for a 450 DPS Kondo's sword, 3c for the Blood Dance boots and another 1c for a Daresso's Defiance and I was off to the races. It's up to T11 maps now and trucking along just fine. Plus it's a lot of fun to ping around like the pinball of doom.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 30, 2016

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

hmu if anyone wants to level a char in sc, i wanna try an aurabot out but i'll prolly level it as flame totem or firestorm.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SABaram/

or @baram on the discord

baram. fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 30, 2016

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

TheRat posted:

It's perfectly possible to sell stuff without premium tabs. You're paying for convenience at most.
The old method of creating a forums posts with links & prices to the items still works, right?

Premium stash tabs afford one the opportunity to make folks paste ridiculous garbage into the game chat.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Zephro posted:

Personally I think almost all the MTX look terrible and don't match the art style of the rest of the game.

I hope you're not referring to all of the MTX because a good number of the skill effect MTX is literally stuff that monsters use (i.e. in the game's art style).

Armor sets are a whole 'nother story though.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna do something dumb. I need to know what is the best melee skill (preferably for 2H) to use with minimal investment, other than strength, on the tree? I want to see you if you can take no damage nodes, ~5 gems for a little damage, and do enough damage. Using a Disfavour.

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

ButtWolf posted:

I'm gonna do something dumb. I need to know what is the best melee skill (preferably for 2H) to use with minimal investment, other than strength, on the tree? I want to see you if you can take no damage nodes, ~5 gems for a little damage, and do enough damage. Using a Disfavour.

Earthquake.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dammit. I'm not doing it anyway. Tree was at 274% life. I'm at 206%. That's probably a lot, but I doubt it's worth giving up all the damage and 30 regrets.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ancestral warchief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

whypick1 posted:

I hope you're not referring to all of the MTX because a good number of the skill effect MTX is literally stuff that monsters use (i.e. in the game's art style).

Armor sets are a whole 'nother story though.
Yeah I mean the flashy armour and glowy swords and angel wings and stuff.

• Locked thread