Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

axelord posted:

Decker has a partially torn rotator cuff and won't play this week

Anyone know how bad a partially torn rotator cuff is? Should we expect to miss multiple weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Or, Ware has proven to be one of the most valuable if not the most valuable handcuffs in the league. Unless you're in an 8 man league, don't drop him or trade him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

Or, Ware has proven to be one of the most valuable if not the most valuable handcuffs in the league. Unless you're in an 8 man league, don't drop him or trade him.

He said in his post that he was in an 8 man league...

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Re: Charles/Ware chat, I have Charles and Ware now, but was trying to figure out if I should snag McKinnon instead of Ware. I have T. Gurley, Latavius Murray, C. Mike, and Crowell as well (8 person league). It's just that Ware looks like a better play this week than my other middle of the pack folks. I suppose I ought to play Gurley, C. Mike, and ? This week, while rostering McKinnon?

In other news I wish I knew how Russell Wilson was going to do so I could decide between him and Bortles for trainwreck of the week.

Crowell has been getting positive expectations this week.

Speaking of, my Crowell for Marshall trade went through! I'm probably still not playing him this week though.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I was just gonna ask, with Decker out are you guys firing up your Marshalls? I'd be starting him over Tyrell Williams.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Kinda thinking of playing Enunwa over Wallace and leaving Pitta in AT WR/TE HRRMMMMM

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

I was just gonna ask, with Decker out are you guys firing up your Marshalls? I'd be starting him over Tyrell Williams.

I was already flexing him anyway, but yes. He'll get the looks and Seattle away isn't as scary as Seattle at home. And it seems like his injury thing has been dealt with.

e. Also there is a sit/start thread

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Edit: wrong thread.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Anyone know how bad a partially torn rotator cuff is? Should we expect to miss multiple weeks?

Occasionally linemen can play through it, but a receiver kinda needs full motion of his arm, so ... yeah it's real bad.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Yeah, yeah I know, sorry. Sidenote: I posted in the sit/start thread THREE TIMES yesterday to ask if I should start Parker or not and got routinely ignored. Why won't anonymous internet strangers save me from myself?!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

He said in his post that he was in an 8 man league...

Missed that part. I was more saying in general.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Charles to make debut on Sunday. Temper your Wares.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My brother-in-law wants to trade with me in my ten team, half PPR family league with 3 WR and a flex.

My Team:
QB: Cam Newton
RB: Matt Forte, David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Isaiah Crowell, Bilal Powell
WR: Stefon Diggs, Marvin Jones, TY Hilton, Dez Bryant, Tyrell Williams, John Brown
TE: Dennis Pitta, Kyle Rudolph

His Team:
QB: Brian Hoyer, Jameis Winston
RB: Ezekial Elliott, Cameron Artis-Payne, Arian Foster, Orleans Darkwa
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Jamison Crowder, DeAndre Hopkins, Willie Snead, Jordan Matthews, Sterlin Shepard
TE: Jordan Reed

He wants my Isaiah Crowell, but with the possible exception of Reed I'm really not seeing anything on his team that I would want to trade for. Any ideas?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Charles to make debut on Sunday. Temper your Wares.

Charmander West OUT for Sunday. So if Charles is on a snap count, Ware probably gets almost all of the other work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Yeah, yeah I know, sorry. Sidenote: I posted in the sit/start thread THREE TIMES yesterday to ask if I should start Parker or not and got routinely ignored. Why won't anonymous internet strangers save me from myself?!

The honest answer in my opinion is that nobody really pays attention to the sit/start thread until the weekend, and a big reason for that is because we change it every week. Which means that bookmarks are useless. Personally I think it's dumb and would suggest we just make a single sit/start thread for the whole year. It's not like there's any confusion as to which week people are talking about.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My brother-in-law wants to trade with me in my ten team, half PPR family league with 3 WR and a flex.

My Team:
WR: Stefon Diggs, Marvin Jones, TY Hilton, Dez Bryant, Tyrell Williams, John Brown

His Team:
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Jamison Crowder, DeAndre Hopkins, Willie Snead, Jordan Matthews, Sterlin Shepard

He wants my Isaiah Crowell, but with the possible exception of Reed I'm really not seeing anything on his team that I would want to trade for. Any ideas?

Getting a fourth WR to insure against Dez being broken and Tyrell Williams/John Brown potentially not being consistent options would be another option. Any of Shepard, Snead, or Matthews would be nice. I don't have a good sense for Crowell's value, but might not be far off them in either direction, yeah?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RVProfootballer posted:

Getting a fourth WR to insure against Dez being broken and Tyrell Williams/John Brown potentially not being consistent options would be another option. Any of Shepard, Snead, or Matthews would be nice. I don't have a good sense for Crowell's value, but might not be far off them in either direction, yeah?

Yeah I'd see if he'd bite on a Jordan Reed/Jordan Matthews for a Isiah Crowell/Dennis Pitta deal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

Crowell is currently the RB13 in half PPR and remains one of the few consistent options in an offense that has to reconfigure itself every week. It becomes a question of insuring my WRs vs insuring my RBs. Am I really better off getting one of those WRs (I guess Matthews would be the top pick?) than maintaining that depth at the most unpredictable position, or is that just a high floor with a low ceiling?

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I'd see if he'd bite on a Jordan Reed/Jordan Matthews for a Isiah Crowell/Dennis Pitta deal.

That's an interesting option. I debated Reed and I think his value might be low right now since he hasn't seen the end zone. Pitta and Rudolph seem largely interchangeable for me.

What do you guys think of Matthews long term? Is it worth losing the RB depth on my bench?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Crowell is currently the RB13 in half PPR and remains one of the few consistent options in an offense that has to reconfigure itself every week. It becomes a question of insuring my WRs vs insuring my RBs. Am I really better off getting one of those WRs (I guess Matthews would be the top pick?) than maintaining that depth at the most unpredictable position, or is that just a high floor with a low ceiling?

That's an interesting option. I debated Reed and I think his value might be low right now since he hasn't seen the end zone. Pitta and Rudolph seem largely interchangeable for me.

What do you guys think of Matthews long term? Is it worth losing the RB depth on my bench?

I like Matthews value with the emergence of Wentz. Especially in a PPR league. Look at his next two games: Detroit and Washington. Sounds enticing to me. I've been trying to trade for him in both of my leagues to no avail. I think your top 3 RBs are good and should service you well. Maybe wait until John Brown or Tyrell Williams have a big game and try to flip them to a WR needy team for a mid-tier RB.

I don't think he'll bite on a Crowell/Rudolph deal, but you can try it first.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

Just offered a Freeman owner:

Brandon Marshall and Tevin Coleman for Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Sims

WRs: Antonio Brown, Marvin Jones, Sammy Watkins
RBs: Lesean McCoy, Jordan Howard, Kenneth Dixon, Darren Sproles

Confirmed this should be a mostly fair trade with some of my friends, just wondering what you guys think.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My Team:

His Team:

I'd sit on crow. The run game is garunteed 30 touches a game at this point. Even if it's split that's not counting passing downs. Duke and Crow have a ton of work this season.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'd sit on crow. The run game is garunteed 30 touches a game at this point. Even if it's split that's not counting passing downs. Duke and Crow have a ton of work this season.

I haven't watched any Browns games (lol why would I) but they'll be down a ton in most games, and Duke is the pass catching back. Has Crow been getting any carries when Cleveland has been chasing games?

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 30, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I like Matthews value with the emergence of Wentz. Especially in a PPR league. Look at his next two games: Detroit and Washington. Sounds enticing to me. I've been trying to trade for him in both of my leagues to no avail. I think your top 3 RBs are good and should service you well. Maybe wait until John Brown or Tyrell Williams have a big game and try to flip them to a WR needy team for a mid-tier RB.

I don't think he'll bite on a Crowell/Rudolph deal, but you can try it first.

If Dez comes back I wouldn't be starting Matthews over him, Hilton, and Marvin Jones. I may not even start Matthews over Diggs for Week 5.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I might be in the minority, but I think Jets corps, DJ, and Gordon are really solid and already slightly protected against injury with Forte/Powell, whereas relying on 1-2 of Dez, Tyrell, Brown, and even Diggs every week would scare me. We've seen a few top tier games from Diggs before, only to have him drop off. I just don't like your WRs behind Hilton and Marvin to be good, locked in weekly starters. You definitely have more quantity at WR, and lots of upside, but lots of question marks too.

Also, see my question about Crow just above. How's he been used with Cleveland trailing? I haven't paid attention to that, but uh they're going to be trailing a lot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RVProfootballer posted:

I haven't watched any Browns games (lol why would I) but they'll be down a ton in most games, and Duke is the pass catching back. Has Crow been getting any carries when Cleveland has been chasing games?

Crows been getting catches here and there. Hue doesn't trust the pass game and knows the season is lost (Pryor can only throw to himself so many times). I think he'll want to see who on the oline is worth a poo poo by the end of the season.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If Dez comes back I wouldn't be starting Matthews over him, Hilton, and Marvin Jones. I may not even start Matthews over Diggs for Week 5.

Well if you're not sold on Matthews then your target is solely Jordan Reed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RVProfootballer posted:

Also, see my question about Crow just above. How's he been used with Cleveland trailing? I haven't paid attention to that, but uh they're going to be trailing a lot.

The offensive snap splits between him and Duke Johnson have been very even (with Crowell always higher); 30/23 in Week 1, 32/31 in Week 2, and 42/41 in Week 3. I haven't watched the game film but FO has Crowell #2 in their weird statistical wizardry ranking.

Well if you're not sold on Matthews then your target is solely Jordan Reed.

I might be able to move Crowell and Pitta for Reed and Matthews. The thing for me and Matthews is deciding how much of an upgrade he would be.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

axelord posted:

Decker has a partially torn rotator cuff and won't play this week

Glad I traded Decker and Lmurray for Brady last night. Phew.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

icehewk posted:

lmao

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
That's a loving terrible trade.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

icehewk posted:

brady isn't worth latavius murray by himself

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Hahaha god drat. And I can't even buy low on Decker because everyone in my money league are assholes.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ADP on Fantasy pros:

Latavius Murray: 38th overall (RB 16)
Tom Brady: 63rd overall (QB 8)

Even if you discount Murray for some reason and also bump up Brady on the basis that his suspension weeks are just about gone, it's still probably not an even trade, nevermind whatever value Decker might have.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Good Work You Get An HIV posted:

Just offered a Freeman owner:

Brandon Marshall and Tevin Coleman for Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Sims

WRs: Antonio Brown, Marvin Jones, Sammy Watkins
RBs: Lesean McCoy, Jordan Howard, Kenneth Dixon, Darren Sproles

Confirmed this should be a mostly fair trade with some of my friends, just wondering what you guys think.

I would rather have Marshall and Coleman than Benjamin and Sims.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

ADP on Fantasy pros:

Latavius Murray: 38th overall (RB 16)
Tom Brady: 63rd overall (QB 8)

Even if you discount Murray for some reason and also bump up Brady on the basis that his suspension weeks are just about gone, it's still probably not an even trade, nevermind whatever value Decker might have.

While I wouldn't make the same trade, ADP is pretty much irrelevant. Murray is in a much more muddled situation than was expected at draft time, and Brady's ADP takes into account the suspension which is almost over. Redrafting today, Brady would be higher and Murray would be lower than they were a month ago.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Quoting Tom Brady's ADP as we go into week four smdh

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
And over here i can't even get this guy to take my Mckinnon for his D.Will while he's starting Ajayi.

Not ideal trade for me but i already have Bell and Gurley with Cmike and Duke on the bench.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sammy Watkins just got put on IR :rip:

That's a minimum of 8 weeks, meaning he won't be back till Week 12, and probably won't even play then. He's safe to drop in re-draft.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Benne posted:

Sammy Watkins just got put on IR :rip:

That's a minimum of 8 weeks, meaning he won't be back till Week 12, and probably won't even play then. He's safe to drop in re-draft.

Adding source because you beat me here

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/781968896194740225

darkforce898 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Just snagged up Robert Woods in both of my leagues.

• Locked thread