Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Can someone link me to or remind me of the updates that are potentially being made to the WZ-111?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dammit_Carl! posted:

Totally stupid question here, but are there some good videos of good platooning in action?

Reason I ask is that I've warmed up to the "platooning," thing (after a million years of playing this game on and off); I finally have a decent headset w/mic, had a pretty good time joining up in the random platoons with random folks that are common at start of game but feel like I could have done a better job at things. I know that experience is the best teacher, but I'd like to shortcut that as much as possible.

Do people actually use voice in those "start of the game" platoons? I start them for missions, and I join them assuming others need missions. I don't interact beyond that and when the battle is over it seems like a race to leave the platoon.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
They're releasing a premium O-I for Halloween, which you can earn for free on Console tanks. Granted it's using the 105 but I prefer that anyways

https://console.worldoftanks.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/japan/J24_Mi_To_130_tons_Kaiju/

:getin:

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

CompeAnansi posted:

Good luck. I hope you get to farm all the damage in an E100 in at least one of the matches.

Doubtful, the E100 is poo poo in tournies in the current meta. If anyone was watching AM60s match vs us, their E100 on himmels defense literally did 0 damage while my IS-7 wrecked him.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

primelaw posted:

They're releasing a premium O-I for Halloween, which you can earn for free on Console tanks. Granted it's using the 105 but I prefer that anyways

https://console.worldoftanks.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/japan/J24_Mi_To_130_tons_Kaiju/

:getin:

well that's a substantial goddamn upgrade compared to the lovely japanese tiger

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

Do people actually use voice in those "start of the game" platoons? I start them for missions, and I join them assuming others need missions. I don't interact beyond that and when the battle is over it seems like a race to leave the platoon.

Eh, I have and had a good experience with at least two people so far (multiple games past the initial meet). Granted, this was early a.m. on the east coast, so maybe I just had the odd luck going there.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

how does this even happen

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Ramming speed in a Grille 15. You see, the element of surprise is very important, and a Grille driving straight at you with in tent to ram you would be very surprising. :downs:

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Speaking of TDs, why is the ticker only half way up the maximum on my Rhym? I got a 5+ skill crew and every one has camo + brothers in arms. Is the max with the camo net on? (I do not have the 4% from painted camo.)

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
http://imgur.com/a/WkPtH anyone ever bounce 6k damage in a medium tank before? it was ensk north spawn encounter i went field hull down in that 140 was a nice game having a jpz and e4 bounce shells off me along with a bunch of other tanks only died because i yolod at the end into an e100 and e5 killed the e100 though yay for kill steal mission

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

thylacine posted:

Speaking of TDs, why is the ticker only half way up the maximum on my Rhym? I got a 5+ skill crew and every one has camo + brothers in arms. Is the max with the camo net on? (I do not have the 4% from painted camo.)

Because if you had 100% camo, you would literally never be able to be spotted outside 50 meters proxy spotting, even without bushes.

Turmoilx posted:

http://imgur.com/a/WkPtH anyone ever bounce 6k damage in a medium tank before? it was ensk north spawn encounter i went field hull down in that 140 was a nice game having a jpz and e4 bounce shells off me along with a bunch of other tanks only died because i yolod at the end into an e100 and e5 killed the e100 though yay for kill steal mission

Every time I try to hulldown with a bowl turret they just pen it even on angled shots, so no. Must be nice.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Because if you had 100% camo, you would literally never be able to be spotted outside 50 meters proxy spotting, even without bushes.

I mean, why is the mark only halfway up the theoretical max for concealment? Isn't that what the solid line means? It's only halfway.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

how does this even happen

that's when you go afk and someone later rams you

for 1,1 km

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

i think it was just luck that they were so bad actually but it was fun

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

thylacine posted:

I mean, why is the mark only halfway up the theoretical max for concealment? Isn't that what the solid line means? It's only halfway.

Because presumably if that line were full, you'd be literally unspottable outside of proxy spotting range. So you're currently only half bullshit I guess.

then again it's Wargaming so that line also presumably means nothing, and you can feel free to ignore it. Here's my line for the Obj 416:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think the line is your theoretical maximum if you have equipment/camo mounted and everyone trained and the gun with the highest DPM, etc.

Is there interest in doing the zombie hunting thing in two weeks?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Is there interest in doing the zombie hunting thing in two weeks?

No. Unless you have been doing lots of tournaments over the last 2-3 months, you're not going to get any of the high-end prize tanks, because Wargaming are really stupid.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

Low HE pen makes HE stop working at some point. Like, the mechanic ceases to function - if you load HE on the Luchs's 3cm machine gun and shoot something like a WT100 turret, you will either deal full damage or zero damage. You will never deal partial damage. Since Wargaming thinks being opaque about their game mechanics serves some purpose, I can't really be sure, but I'm going to assume that 40 pen HE isn't enough to actually function as a useful HE round against something like a Maus or E5 or whatever. Also, it isn't 1650 damage HE round, it's 1675 maximum damage roll. The average is 1300 for the gold round, 1000 for the regular, which combined with the low pen makes it substantially different from something like the 183's HESH round.

Okay, so to ask bluntly:

If I can expect 300-450 damage rolls in the O-Ho, what type of hits can I expect to get in the Type 4 while rocking that new gun firing gold HE?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Simplifying, if HE doesn't pen, it does half the roll minus the armor thickness where you hit.

You should see 450 much more often than you do on the O-Ho, but expecting to consistently do a great deal more than that is optimistic. 750 is in reach with excellent rolls and quite flimsy armor.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, so to ask bluntly:

If I can expect 300-450 damage rolls in the O-Ho, what type of hits can I expect to get in the Type 4 while rocking that new gun firing gold HE?

I don't think we can know, since HE is such a terrible, inconsistent mechanic and Wargaming don't actually describe their arcane game mechanics anywhere. I'm going to assume that HE's pen matters since it seems to have an effect on artillery direct hit damage, so we have nothing even close to 1300 damage 40 pen HE shells to compare to. With 1750 damage 230 pen HESH, I can expect somewhere around 400-800 HE hits, with the odd shell sometimes dealing <200 or 0 whenever it feels like it. Something like French arti is 1250 damage 95 pen, and does ~300 or so, with the odd <100 shot or 500 damage shot. I'm going to assume it's close to 300 per hit, which is clearly garbage for a tier 10 unless they actually understand how to balance their poo poo. Spoiler alert - having that HE shell on a tank with an 10 second reload is perfectly fine, because it'll murder the gently caress out of thin poo poo while whittling down armored stuff, and that's fine because the tank is slow as gently caress and extremely vulnerable, so fast tanks can just go around and fight it at range. More than likely the gun will be like 3 RPM, so a theoretical 3000 DPM with regular HE, and it'll be total garbage (just like the current tank and gun is.)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, so to ask bluntly:

about 200 more

O--Ho direct-hit non-pen range is 910 * [0,75..1,25] / 2 - armor thickness * 1,1 * spall liner modifier
Type 5 direct-hit non-pen range for gold would be 1300 * [0,75..1,25] / 2 - armor thickness * 1,1 * spall liner modifier

for a thickness of 250 (E-100 turret front) you're going from 66 - 294 (180 avg) to 213 - 574 (394 avg) (+119%)
for a thickness of 50 (Leo LFP) you're going from 286 - 541 (414 avg) to 433 - 758 (596 avg) (+44%)

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/10/01/strv-103b-swedish-tier-10-td-stats-armor-pictures/

Strv 103 and UDES 03 stats are out and they look hilariously OP :getin:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

308 silver pen 40% camo :eyepop:

god drat that track bloom and aim time though, you should tell them about how it should beat the M60 there

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Stationary camo is kinda nonsensical for a tank that can't actually aim without moving the chassis though. And it has no turret bloom either. I think most of these gun stats are placeholders by the way, but pen should be right.

e: armor model for the 103B:

Note that they made the glacis 50mm.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 1, 2016

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
38.M Toldi I

Queue: MT-25

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3A1
Combat Car T4
Medium Tank T1E1

:britain:
Medium Tank Mk.II
Medium Tank Mk.III
A1E1 Independent

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzIII Ausf. A
PzIII Ausf. B through D
PzIV Ausf. A through C
Renault R35 in German service
37 mm Pak

Ensign Expendable fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 2, 2016

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

I once spotted dudes for 11k on Malinovka in this piece of poo poo tank so I want to know what the deal is.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Prav posted:

about 200 more

O--Ho direct-hit non-pen range is 910 * [0,75..1,25] / 2 - armor thickness * 1,1 * spall liner modifier
Type 5 direct-hit non-pen range for gold would be 1300 * [0,75..1,25] / 2 - armor thickness * 1,1 * spall liner modifier

for a thickness of 250 (E-100 turret front) you're going from 66 - 294 (180 avg) to 213 - 574 (394 avg) (+119%)
for a thickness of 50 (Leo LFP) you're going from 286 - 541 (414 avg) to 433 - 758 (596 avg) (+44%)

These arcane numbers sound perfectly fine to give the Type 4 a spin with my unused O-I crew.

Was there a date for that new gun to drop?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I've discovered I somehow completed far more of the Stug IV missions than I thought.

So, what's the least painful spg line to get those done as they're the only bunch I haven't mostly done or finished?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Captain Blaargh posted:

I've discovered I somehow completed far more of the Stug IV missions than I thought.

So, what's the least painful spg line to get those done as they're the only bunch I haven't mostly done or finished?

Get an FV304 or leFH18B2 for the missions that require you to do a lot of hits etc, then a M44 for the ones that require you to do a lot of damage. The M44 gets a 240 pen HEAT round at T6 and is accurate enough to enable some really nasty abuse of that even (or maybe especially) when bottom tier. It's also downright disgusting as a shotgunning platform because of this. Shoot a lot of gold, is what I'm saying.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

4 shots 4 kills fast what a wonderful clip on himmelsdorf with arty http://wotreplays.com/site/2996361#himmelsdorf-turmoilx-bat_-ch_tillon_155_58

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

thylacine posted:

About this...

RandomPauI posted:

I think the line is your theoretical maximum if you have equipment/camo mounted and everyone trained and the gun with the highest DPM, etc.
That's basically what it is. It's the maximum value of the tank you could get with every available boost possible, because while it's insane to think of it every member of your crew could actually enable all 13 skills for their position.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

#snapshotmeta is total bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRUiEwJtQSQ

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

http://wotreplays.com/site/2996935#teams 2 tanks left on my team me included we won vs 8 by going beach and capping lol

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2996935#teams 2 tanks left on my team me included we won vs 8 by going beach and capping lol

Top XP in this tier nine match was 547. Guess the pubbies are totally right, you get more XP capping.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Hellsau posted:

Top XP in this tier nine match was 547. Guess the pubbies are totally right, you get more XP capping.

lol yeah ..my stats in that tank are poo poo too its gun is terrible and frequently gets tier 9 games :(

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Also confirming that low-damage guns do more module damage. That's a twofer!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So I just saw a video of that WW1 event they did. Are they actually trying to toy around with new game modes or was it just an April Fools-style one-off? If they're doing something beyond just 15v15 deathmatch with some point cap, I could get back into the game.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
Was on Mines in my M44:

I was the last one standing, lost 15-0 in 2 minutes, 30 seconds.

I did a direct hit with HE to an O-Ni for 0 damage.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Plan Z posted:

So I just saw a video of that WW1 event they did. Are they actually trying to toy around with new game modes or was it just an April Fools-style one-off? If they're doing something beyond just 15v15 deathmatch with some point cap, I could get back into the game.

That's one of the one-off events, but it might herald an era of wheeled vehicles for the 15v15 deathmatch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

thylacine posted:

A lot of us have been playing since before the interface change, so I at least don't pay any attention to those bars, but my interpretation was that the mark is the base value for that tank, the bar is the current value, and the ends illustrate the range for all tanks. So, your camo & net have noticeably improved the concealment value of your Rhoomba as indicated, but there's some tank out there (probably a low-tier scout) that can have a significantly higher camo value.

Plan Z posted:

Eh, it's just another temporary special event like they have on occasion. I don't know when any actual new game modes will be implemented.