Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Has guessing, not real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

hmph, hungry shark started crashing on startup 4/5 times. clearing cache barely helps and rebooting phone doesnt help at all

what do?

also looking for other awesome space/underwater games on the android, suggestions?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

How does the Fallen London mobile version manage to be so bad? Start game > black screen. Force close, start again, wait 2-3 minutes, it finally loads! Do 5 or 10 things, then it inexplicably hangs for a couple of minutes. Finally finishes, do some more things. Expend all your energy, it tries to sync, fails, resets you back to where you were 5 moves ago. Sigh, redo the same things and hope that RNG doesn't turn against you this time. Once again use up all of your moves, it tries to sync again, fails, now it resets you to where you were 15 moves ago. What? How can a sync failure reset you to a backup state that is earlier than the last backup state that it reset you to when it failed a few minutes ago? :psyduck:

It's an almost entirely text based game, essentially just a pretty facade on the existing browser game. How can they screw this up so badly?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm not having any of the problems that anyone else is using Fallen London..

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Yeah it runs like a dream. I don't get it either :iiam:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Same. Occasionally I will have a sync issue but that is about it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

New Leaf posted:

And I have all of the problems. I am guessing it just doesn't like some devices. Both my Nexus devices run the app like total garbage as described above but browsing the site on Chrome to play works just fine.

Tadders
Feb 13, 2008
35% Gender Confused

Foxhound posted:

Is there a thread for Shadowverse that I'm not finding, or is it not popular enough to warrant one?

I made a thread here. If anyone's on the fence about trying out this game there's a nifty promotion going on right now where you get 25+ packs for starting out.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

CrashCat posted:

And I have all of the problems. I am guessing it just doesn't like some devices. Both my Nexus devices run the app like total garbage as described above but browsing the site on Chrome to play works just fine.

I am on a Nexus, odd that that would have anything to do with it, especially since it's basically as close to 'generic android' as you can get. But yeah, I can also pull up the actual site and just play it from there with no issues. It's just not very convenient since it's got a pretty anti-mobile design requiring you to pan all around the screen to see anything.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I just mostly play Fallen London on my laptop these days. The web version runs so much better.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Buy dungeon warfare its terrific and has no hidden costs

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Junkie Disease posted:

It looks like a tower defense game is that what it is?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

BobTheJanitor posted:

I am on a Nexus, odd that that would have anything to do with it, especially since it's basically as close to 'generic android' as you can get. But yeah, I can also pull up the actual site and just play it from there with no issues. It's just not very convenient since it's got a pretty anti-mobile design requiring you to pan all around the screen to see anything.

I are you on N? Aren't only like 3% of us on N?
I experienced those problems (5x), and I installed N clean without messing with the beta.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Micro Machines game out for anyone nostalgic for those tiny cars and their much loved 16-bit games from the 90s.

This game is literally the same as Toybox Turbos on Steam, same music, same cars, same courses, art, sound, and powerups... But with micro transactions. Is that some sort of weird meta commentary on the name of the franchise?

Anyway, at least in the beginning, turning is way too slow.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there anything like creeper world 3 on Android? It seems like the kind of simple but complex strategy game that would be perfect on touch screens.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This game is literally the same as Toybox Turbos on Steam, same music, same cars, same courses, art, sound, and powerups... But with micro transactions. Is that some sort of weird meta commentary on the name of the franchise?

Anyway, at least in the beginning, turning is way too slow.

Micro Transactions Machines

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Kin posted:

Is there anything like creeper world 3 on Android? It seems like the kind of simple but complex strategy game that would be perfect on touch screens.

Woah. Was this triggered by the fact that there's a new Creeper World sequel out ("Particle Fleet: Emergence") or is my life just filled to the brim with coincidences right now? I recently replayed the Creeper World 2 online demo and just saw Emergence on Steam, then came to this post. :psyduck:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Len posted:

It looks like a tower defense game is that what it is?

It's a TD game. I only played the first couple of missions and it seems to be aping Gemcraft a bit in its UI design. Will report back if its good when I get a chance to play more.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Creeper world sounds like it should be a Pokemon go like paparazzi simulator

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I'm actually really enjoying the stupidly named War of Crown. I hope Gamevil doesn't gently caress it up like they gently caress up everything else.

Edit: Our IGNs are RapnerSA and Snownym.

Rapner fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 2, 2016

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Azhais posted:

Creeper world sounds like it should be a Pokemon go like paparazzi simulator

Well now I just want a AR Pokemon Snap mobile game. thanks.

work the balls Sally
Feb 20, 2006
Even as you read this, I'm masturbating to my own post.
Is the Chrono Trigger port any good?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

work the balls Sally posted:

Is the Chrono Trigger port any good?

I had some problems with the battle UI where every now and then I would get "attack" (touch) instead of the "change target" (swipe) I was going for, but other than that I thought it was fine. It's a port of the DS version so it has all the garbage extra endgame stuff you probably shouldn't do.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

It has a bunch of new art done in a very Dragonball Z style, which I think looks loving gross.

But it's still Chrono Trigger, so ..

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

Rapner posted:

It has a bunch of new art done in a very Dragonball Z style, which I think looks loving gross.

But it's still Chrono Trigger, so ..

Akira Toriyama did the art design for Crono Trigger so it kinda makes sense.

work the balls Sally
Feb 20, 2006
Even as you read this, I'm masturbating to my own post.
What's the best version to play if I havn't touched it since the original SNES cartridge when I was a kid?

I'd just emulate it but I normally hate using digital buttons for any game, figured the actual port would make good use of touch controls. I'm just hesitant cause there are so many 1 star reviews.

I also have a 3ds, should I pick up the ds version?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

work the balls Sally posted:

I'm just hesitant cause there are so many 1 star reviews.

I'd assume at least some of those are from the times new Android versions broke all their games and it took Square loving forever to patch them.

e: IIRC it was specifically the switch to ART in Android 5.0 that broke all their poo poo. AFAIK all the classic games work fine these days, but games like Chaos Rings and its sequels were never patched and apparently have now been pulled from the store this summer, except for Chaos Rings III, so I'd assume that one works then.

Veib fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 2, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BobTheJanitor posted:

I am on a Nexus, odd that that would have anything to do with it, especially since it's basically as close to 'generic android' as you can get.
Well, what I was really hinting at is my phone and tablet are old and bad so they probably tested the app on newer poo poo. Probably didn't bother to optimize further when it was working okay on that. :geno:

In unrelated news thanks whoever suggested Minesweeper Collector, I am enjoying that way more than I should.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Junkie Disease posted:

I got this on Steam and finished all the maps, it's really great. I am not a huge fan of TDs in general but this one really clicked for me. Push or pull adventurers into chasms and enjoy their screams.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Micro Machines game out for anyone nostalgic for those tiny cars and their much loved 16-bit games from the 90s.

I spent a couple of hours playing this on my tablet yesterday and it's pretty fun. There's a million different currencies and energy bars and opportunities for microtransactions because it's an EA game but you can still play quite easily without spending any money. You definitely need to upgrade your cars as soon as you can as it's basically impossible to win races with the base stats.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Last day to grab Sproggiwood at $1.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freeholdgames.sproggiwood

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Once I get the coins, I'm going to make an SA club in micromachines. The game is great fun despite the pay (gem) wall most things get locked behind.

It can get a bit grindy if you want to play totally free. For anyone jumping in, I would save gems for parts packs, boost the poo poo out of the starter truck starting with damage, health, then speed and handling. As for mods, go with the hammer options for both mods and use battle mode to farm.

Don't pay gems for upgrade speed, or match boosts. The match boosts are just a waste as coins are free and everywhere, and the double trophy points will take you longer to farm than all the gems you get for in game achievements and being new. Makes no sense to spend a currency to get double of another, at a way slower rate that you spend on the same thing anyways.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I appreciate that Micro Machines doesn't have an energy system. I wish you can permanently unlock the ability to freely choose game modes though.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 3, 2016

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Joke's on you, pal - I paid full price months ago!

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Joke's on you, pal - I paid full price months ago!

Thanks! :D

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Sweet, needed a new poopin' game after I beat Pixel Dungeon a while ago.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Well, War of Crown CBT is over. What are peoples thoughts?

I quite enjoyed it, was different enough from the other Summoner wars type games I've played (League of Angels, Star Wars GoH, Light, Summoner Wars and a few other I can't remember!). Having auto-battle from the get go was great.

PVP matchmaking needs a bit of work, but I guess that will come in time. Only tried it a few times and got put off buy getting stomped with characters that were far superior to mine.

Not sure about the drop rates, with all the free garnets they dished out I ended up multiple versions of the same 4 star character and never saw any of some of the cool ones I used from other people. Gold seems a bit of a bottleneck too.

Will definitely play on release, if only to use see if I get the $50 of gems, roll the gatcha with them, swear about the lovely drops rates and quit :)

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Roid666 posted:

Well, War of Crown CBT is over. What are peoples thoughts?

I quite enjoyed it, was different enough from the other Summoner wars type games I've played (League of Angels, Star Wars GoH, Light, Summoner Wars and a few other I can't remember!). Having auto-battle from the get go was great.

PVP matchmaking needs a bit of work, but I guess that will come in time. Only tried it a few times and got put off buy getting stomped with characters that were far superior to mine.

Not sure about the drop rates, with all the free garnets they dished out I ended up multiple versions of the same 4 star character and never saw any of some of the cool ones I used from other people. Gold seems a bit of a bottleneck too.

Will definitely play on release, if only to use see if I get the $50 of gems, roll the gatcha with them, swear about the lovely drops rates and quit :)

Yeah, I felt similar. The drop rates seemed pretty good for me.

I felt the art was outstanding and the mechanics good but a bit... dry. Probably as to be expected with a new game.

I'll be playing at release but f2p.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Is there any compelling reason to play it over Fantasy War Tactics, which seems to be basically the same thing but is an established game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Ultimate Dragon Sim

there are a few dragon sims out there, this one has the best flightmodel/gameplay and is good and cool. there's no targetting so you get to aim the skills, and it gets pretty awesome once you get used to the controls (burn multiple buildings in a swoop etc). you also get to mate, hatch eggs and make a whole brood which you can then level up and customize. downside is that the map is *kinda* small and I've seen minor glitches but they dont obstruct the fun. pretty neat 1$ freeroam indie game if you wanna sperg and go total nerd with dragons