Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Lance Corporal Promptly-Wallop

Sir Lysalot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

dragon quest has an almost-animainiacs level of getting away with poo poo, it owns

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like the part where sir mervyn stops himself from saying ample bosom when he's listing all the good qualities about the goddess in providence

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I volunteer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

there's no way in hell i'm going to make it to the special DLC island in time to get the XP spot and I'm a little miffed off about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can pick it up once you first reach the haven I think, I've had for almost the entire game.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think you only need to do 2-3 monster dungeons to get the tavern up and running yeah.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think you only need to do 2-3 monster dungeons to get the tavern up and running yeah.

you need to recruit like 3 former monsters iirc. whats the dlc dungeon anyway i dont think any of the ones i got at the tavern qualify

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

When do you recruit a 4th party member? I'm at groundhog day barcelona.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

When do you recruit a 4th party member? I'm at groundhog day barcelona.

It's not for a while but it happens once you get the equivalent of the airship

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
how do I get more monster dungeons. I'm pretty sure I've already asked this question like three times but I forget. I'm at the part where ppl are vanishing from villages cause of the old mans music if that is relevant.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rediscover posted:

how do I get more monster dungeons. I'm pretty sure I've already asked this question like three times but I forget. I'm at the part where ppl are vanishing from villages cause of the old mans music if that is relevant.

Go to haven and interrogate people to know where the next monster disguised as human is. After a while you can unlock streetpass or the tavern in haven where you can download more of em.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

once you find a reformed monster talk to them and get the tablet. you can also send groups of 3 captured monsters from monster meadows to bring back tablets that will have those 3 monsters as enemies i think.

i was stuck for awhile not finding reformed monsters, there's at least one [maybe 2] that's locked by the story. i didn't get them until after the old man riffer story, idk if that's where they're locked or what. talk to all the ppl in the monster village and it should be obvious where u need to go to find who yr missing

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HELP me figure out how to get the thing. The second guy used to be a dancer but is now a farmer, where is he??

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Okay I found the dancing guy. Now I need to find the flower girl, where is she? Help I need XP

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they should all be in towns u already have access i don't remember where i found her tho. the farmer should give u a hint

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Okay I found the dancing guy. Now I need to find the flower girl, where is she? Help I need XP

Just as a heads up if you get the XP map you wont be able to kill anything, the enemies will WTFPWN j00.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Just as a heads up if you get the XP map you wont be able to kill anything, the enemies will WTFPWN j00.

I don't care as long as I have it unlocked (autism)

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Beat the end boss, did the victory lap. Saved at 64:50 on the timer. Now it's time to go crazy.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ok i got the Download Bar. What is the XP map called?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

COOL I DID ALL THIS poo poo JUST TO FIND OUT THEY REMOVED THE EPIC XP ISLAND ALREADY!!!!!!!! SWAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

COOL I DID ALL THIS poo poo JUST TO FIND OUT THEY REMOVED THE EPIC XP ISLAND ALREADY!!!!!!!! SWAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FML

F

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You don't need it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

You don't need it.

at the island i am you already start seeing metal slimes so you can just grind the old dq way and spam the shepherd sleep skill and pray it hits those fucktards

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

at the island i am you already start seeing metal slimes so you can just grind the old dq way and spam the shepherd sleep skill and pray it hits those fucktards

the better way is to use the 50/50 no hit-critical hit skill imho from the warrior line.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

the better way is to use the 50/50 no hit-critical hit skill imho from the warrior line.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gladiator I think it is gets metal slash as well

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Gladiator I think it is gets metal slash as well

hatchet man or whatever is definitely warrior i have it on 3 dudes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hatchet man or whatever is definitely warrior i have it on 3 dudes

I just meant there's also metal slash which is a move that always guaranteed a hit on metal slimes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I just meant there's also metal slash which is a move that always guaranteed a hit on metal slimes

that one only did regular damage in dq8 so it was basically worthless compared to the crit chance one, iirc

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
is hatchet man actually worth using. i just assumed it had like a 10% chance of hitting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

grinding for hearts in tablet dungeons sucks rear end! i'm going to turn mervyn back to a normal human and make him a sage or something

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

rediscover posted:

is hatchet man actually worth using. i just assumed it had like a 10% chance of hitting

it seems to be identical to the one dq8, a 50/50 chance to do a critical hit or miss. it's good on metal monsters because critical hits bypass defense and evasion and are guaranteed to kill them in one shot, other than that not really. metal slash might be good but i haven't tried it, no reason to grind for exp so far in the game imho, and i haven't seen metal babbles yet ;-(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Heart drop rates are 1/8 in dungeons, it took me like 3 or 4 minutes to get the drop I wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i will always call them metal babbles! i will never call them liquid metal slimes! gently caress you!

• Locked thread