Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Some dude made a made that basically adds impact textures to surfaces and I think even NPC now with melee weapon. Get your MeleeBangs here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Gonkish posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18821/

A loving AN-94. Model seems nice, and it can even be skinned (including skins based off the hot rod magazines) in-game. I wonder if it has the two-round burst as standard... because then slapping a two-shot legendary mod on there would be fun (probably only three shots, given how the legendary effect works, but still).

Not if you include the two shot fix mod. I think WBO includes it by default.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Which mod is the best to use for scrapping paper and other unselectable stuff off the ground now? I want to clean up Red Rocket a bit but I don't want to install some mod that's gonna do weird things to my game.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that let's me scrap folders? Bethesda why the hell are folders listed as misc items and nor junk items?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there a mod that let's me scrap folders? Bethesda why the hell are folders listed as misc items and nor junk items?

They are fetch quest item for a radiant BOS quest.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Honestly, I would appreciate a mod that just removed all folders from the game. I don't know how many times I've looked up folders to see why they exist, forgotten they are useless, and then looked them up again the next time.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SeanBeansShako posted:

I thought those were technical documents that only appear in the world after speaking to the head scribe, not folders.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought those were technical documents that only appear in the world after speaking to the head scribe, not folders.

Then they are loving useless then?

Also, somebody needs to make a mod in Nuka World that either lowers the volume of those fighting dogs or has one die in like 30 seconds because I cannot hear the guy in the pack speaking to me.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcsquad12 posted:

I am pretty sure this mod does that, but it also does five thousand other things.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16181/

SeanBeansShako posted:

No, that's Technical Documents.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Fallout 4 updated to 1.7.19 so be aware if you use F4SE.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Davoren posted:

Ah gently caress, and I was just getting into the groove of finishing this save game off.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

No kidding, I was restarting the game a bunch as I was comparing texture mods, and now I can't play.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Ah gently caress, and I was just getting into the groove of finishing this save game off.
Here's the 1.6.3 executable.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well that was quick, thank you!

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Thanks!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Davoren posted:

Uugh so what now I gotta wait for FO4SE to release an update for 1.7.19 cause I was playing on 1.7.15 :( Dammit

Will my saves still load after?

Edit: Some guy on the FO4SE thread shared this http://www.mediafire.com/file/thnvc4vcp4olexd/fo41715.rar for people who were like me on 1.7.15

Make sure you copy 1.7.19 exe somewhere safe though so when the new update comes out you can swap over.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Sep 29, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Saves and mods will be fine when everything updates, it's just that the script extender has to be made to work with the new fallout 4 exe by the team. All it means for users is you either don't upgrade, copy over the old exe if you do, or wait for the next f4se release. They're usually pretty quick in reacting to updates.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
You can now destroy your enemies feet with Legos

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Nasgate posted:

You can now destroy your enemies feet with Legos

Best mod.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

1.7.19 F4SE is out.

http://f4se.silverlock.org/

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007
I have an odd issue.

Today I added the "DEF UI/INV" mod with the help of the Nexus Mod mananger. The manager doesn't give me any kind of error and the mod itself has a green checkbox - it appears in the mod manager "\VirtualInstall" folder but the game doesn't seem to "get" that it should load the files there.
I tried it with another mod and same thing: it loads the ESP so I can craft the modded item but it turns my character invisible except the head and hands. All my older mods I installed a week ago still work without any issue, so this is a real headscratcher.

Any ideas what I might've poked that I shouldn't have poked?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Lamquin posted:

I have an odd issue.

Today I added the "DEF UI/INV" mod with the help of the Nexus Mod mananger. The manager doesn't give me any kind of error and the mod itself has a green checkbox - it appears in the mod manager "\VirtualInstall" folder but the game doesn't seem to "get" that it should load the files there.
I tried it with another mod and same thing: it loads the ESP so I can craft the modded item but it turns my character invisible except the head and hands. All my older mods I installed a week ago still work without any issue, so this is a real headscratcher.

Any ideas what I might've poked that I shouldn't have poked?
Are you launching the game through the Nexus Mod Manager? I think you might have to for it to load the virtual install folder.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hey Star Wars nerds, want your character to dress up like Boba Fett or a Stormtrooper in Fallout 4?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

oh man, "More Uniques" looks amazing, I gotta install this -- tempted to start a new game unghhh:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18357/

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Woebin posted:

Are you launching the game through the Nexus Mod Manager? I think you might have to for it to load the virtual install folder.

I managed to solve it - I had moved the Fallout 4 folder with SteamTool from my HDD to my SSD. Apparently all the mods NMM had already installed moved just fine, but it probably couldn't make heads or tails of what I had done when it needed to install new "paths" for any other modifications I added in. Once I "moved" F4 back to the HDD I could install DEFUI without any issue. Hurray I guess? :confuoot:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Lamquin posted:

I managed to solve it - I had moved the Fallout 4 folder with SteamTool from my HDD to my SSD. Apparently all the mods NMM had already installed moved just fine, but it probably couldn't make heads or tails of what I had done when it needed to install new "paths" for any other modifications I added in. Once I "moved" F4 back to the HDD I could install DEFUI without any issue. Hurray I guess? :confuoot:
Steam has had native support for different install directories for awhile now fyi. Moving an install is just moving the gamefolder and respective gamenumber.acf file.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

lurksion posted:

Steam has had native support for different install directories for awhile now fyi. Moving an install is just moving the gamefolder and respective gamenumber.acf file.

I think the problem is that moving the folder mysteriously breaks NMM, because I had the same thing happen to me. As far as Steam was concerned everything was good and well, but NMM was confused and so mods had no effect on the game.

Enigma fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 30, 2016

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Load order (comments / question below):

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
Firelance2.5.esp=1
Firelance2.5Patches.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp=1
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp=1
Companion Fall Damage Immunity.esp=1
ManufacturingExtended.esp=1
ManufacturingExtendedFH.esp=1
Faster Terminal Displays (20x).esp=1
EasyMiniGames.esp=1
AutomatronMiniLibertyPrime.esp=1
NoLollygagging.esp=1
OWR.esp=1
OWR_CraftableDecor.esp=1
OWR_CraftableDecor_CW.esp=1
QuickTrade.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Vanilla.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Wasteland Workshop.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Contraptions.esp=1
RedRocketLauncher.esp=1
ShellRain.esp=1
SolarPower.esp=1
SynthSwatter.esp=1
The LoveMe Pills.esp=1
VaultBoyTurret.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-DLCVersion-VanillaWeight.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-AidReducedWeight.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-JunkBetter+DEF_INV.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-MiscWeightless.esp=1
RaiderOverhaul.esp=1
AlienAssaultRifle.esp=1
DogmeatVaultSuit.esp=1
Dogmeat's Backpack.esp=1
mjp_PTRS41ATR.esp=1
CROSS_Cybernetics.esp=1
CROSS_Jetpack.esp=1
PurifiedWaterSoup.esp=1
Grab and Eat.esp=1
Diverse Cats.esp=1
SurvivalOptions.esp=1
MoreUniques.esp=1
ShipwreckIsle.esp=1
3DNPC_FO4.esp=1
nvvault1080.esp=1
BTInteriors_Project.esp=1
BTInteriors_Project_Sorting.esp=1
Fusion Gun.esp=1
The Collector's Guides AIO.esp=1
Liberty_PA.esp=1
Eli_NukaStuff.esp=1
TOSPhaser.esp=1
AA FusionCityRising.esp=1
Experiment DCM.esp=1
BioshockInspiredPowerArmor.esp=1
PowerArmorT49.esp=1
Submarine Base Echo.esp=1
M2045MagnumRevolverRifle.esp=1
StumbleUponInteriors.esp=1
Gipsy_PA.esp=1
ClassicSniper.esp=1
SalvageBeacons.esp=1
AtomicRadio.esp=1
X13_ScrapOTron.esp=1
X13_ScrapOTron_VIS+Survival_Override.esp=1
BasementLiving.esp=1
Campsite.esp=1
MidWest PA.esp=1
Binoculars.esp=1
InstitutePowerArmor.esp=1
FO4 NPCs Travel.esp=1
conflicts.esp=0

I'm just a sucker for restarting this game. Anyone see a possible problem with the above load order? Mods installed with NMM and sorted with LOOT, plus a couple manual changes to get patches for mods right after their master .esp. Final .esp has edits I made in FO4Edit to resolve conflicts. All DLC.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I'm removing Homemaker from my next run mostly because I'm sick of all the DLC items ending up at the end of each list of items in settlement building mode. Is there a more recent settlement item mod that doesn't duplicate things from the DLCs?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Enigma posted:

I think the problem is that moving the folder mysteriously breaks NMM, because I had the same thing happen to me. As far as Steam was concerned everything was good and well, but NMM was confused and so mods had no effect on the game.

It's generally preferable to keep NMM and Fallout 4 on the same drive.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

The Iron Rose posted:

It's generally preferable to keep NMM and Fallout 4 on the same drive.

They were. I accidentally installed the game to my HDD and moved it to the SSD when I realized. I later installed NMM to the SDD, but it didn't load mods right. Had to repair things to get everything working.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012
Would any of you that knows about computers know where a patch to rollback to 1.7.19 is? Fallout stealth updated now skse won't work.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Misandry Cannon posted:

Would any of you that knows about computers know where a patch to rollback to 1.7.19 is? Fallout stealth updated now skse won't work.

It looks like they didn't update, they actually rolled back to 1.7.15. Try the version of F4SE for that and see if it works. I guess 1.7.19 was having issues with their mod service thing not working right or somesuch.

Misandry Cannon
Mar 7, 2012

Gonkish posted:

It looks like they didn't update, they actually rolled back to 1.7.15. Try the version of F4SE for that and see if it works. I guess 1.7.19 was having issues with their mod service thing not working right or somesuch.

Huh. Did the announce this anywhere?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm trying to get the 100% settlement achivement and I picked the worst drat time apparently, ugh.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

pmchem posted:

Companion Fall Damage Immunity.esp=1

Hearing "Ahhh, my legs" randomly as I am sneaking across rooftops is my favorite thing.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

waffles beyond waffles posted:

Hearing "Ahhh, my legs" randomly as I am sneaking across rooftops is my favorite thing.

If they don't want broken legs, they should not teleport into thin air near you, its explained in the handbook,
lovely non-union companions.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm trying to get the 100% settlement achivement and I picked the worst drat time apparently, ugh.

I don't know if this counts for the achievement because I use mods but in my most recent playthrough I have only Ada at my Red Rocket house and I built like 3 cat cages and just let the cats out and repaired them every time I came back to drop off my loot. I got Happiness to 100 really fast without actually trying, I just wanted a bunch of cats roaming around.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Single settler + food/water/covered bed + 2 cats = 100 happiness.

It's much harder with multiple people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well sod, I've got things more or less set with a large settlement and that is all it takes?

I don't know if the achivement will pop now with the latest version of FSE.