Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
All my years playing this game, and I never thought to light that upper level torch with an arrow from the lower torch. God drat it.

Edit: Or that shot from the upper torch to the web. drat it! Nice job there, Fae. You are now teaching veteran Majora's Mask fans new things with your blind LP.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Episode 30 - Fairy Hunting

Turns out this temple is a lot easier when I'm not hallucinating, who knew?

Quoting for new page.

That was impressively efficient, good job! Even if you did have guidance. :v:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Faerie Fortune made a Boe but she didn't post pics.

Where are the pics?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thank you for pandering to my OCD. Can't say I've ever been so sick as to start hallucinating though, that sounds like a trip.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

dublish posted:

Faerie Fortune made a Boe but she didn't post pics.

Where are the pics?

I knew I forgot something!

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

Faerie Fortune posted:

Holy heck that is the cutest, I need to make one

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Oh huh. I never noticed, but when watching fae try to aim, but there's actually a small piece of the bow jutting out between the main part and the string, and that point is horizontally level with where your arrow will go.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but I think it's worth pointing out that the stray fairies heal you too, so every dungeon has a very large pool of available health. It took me quite a while to realize; for the longest time I only thought of them as a collectable, despite them still being fairies.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Faerie Fortune posted:

At this rate, each new LP will have you crafting at least one, if not five, new things. It's only a matter of time until you have to buy a second home just to keep them all somewhere.

It will be a very adorable place :allears:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Drakenel posted:

Oh huh. I never noticed, but when watching fae try to aim, but there's actually a small piece of the bow jutting out between the main part and the string, and that point is horizontally level with where your arrow will go.

Arrows go to the dead-center of the screen. You can use that to guesstimate the proper aim if you're still having some problems.

If you use the bow enough, you get a feel for where that is in relation to the arrow tip.
But then when you play MM3D you will end up shooting too high because they moved the arrow tip to the place where the arrow actually goes. Which is definitely a more sane way of doing things and how it should've been from the start.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Oops I forgot to post this yesterday

Episode 31 - Morph Ball Experiments

ChaosArgate couldn't make it to this session but we replaced him with FPzero instead! Its time to start tackling Snowhead, but first, we have some rolling to do..

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Faerie Fortune posted:

Oops I forgot to post this yesterday

Episode 31 - Morph Ball Experiments

ChaosArgate couldn't make it to this session but we replaced him with FPzero instead! Its time to start tackling Snowhead, but first, we have some rolling to do..

Gotta say, I've never seen the "Get hit by literally every snowball" method of getting to Snowhead, but I'm a fan of the fact that it worked!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

UZworm posted:

Gotta say, I've never seen the "Get hit by literally every snowball" method of getting to Snowhead, but I'm a fan of the fact that it worked!

At least it's faster than the "try to look cool rolling up the thin path and fall off repeatedly" method.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

tiistai posted:

At least it's faster than the "try to look cool rolling up the thin path and fall off repeatedly" method.

This is true.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
While we're talking about the snowball climb, as far as I know Goron form doesn't have a shielded mode. We saw here the snowballs and wolfos can both damage you while you're curled up. I haven't tried testing it for reduced damage or knockback, though.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
There are always some goodies by the Owl statue outside each dungeon in the game- usually a fairy, some magic, and a big bundle of arrows/bombs.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Zagglezig posted:

While we're talking about the snowball climb, as far as I know Goron form doesn't have a shielded mode. We saw here the snowballs and wolfos can both damage you while you're curled up. I haven't tried testing it for reduced damage or knockback, though.

The hit box on the Goron shield is a little weird but it's still useful.

Also my preferred Day 1 restock method has always been to roll a couple laps around Termina Field as a Goron.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 5, 2016

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I forgot how much of a good time I had watching you climb the snowball ramp into the dungeon.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

FPzero posted:

I forgot how much of a good time I had watching you climb the snowball ramp into the dungeon.

This is what stopped me when I had this game for N64. I couldn't figure out the lense of truth puzzle and rage quit...

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

tiistai posted:

It's so much faster. I think I noticed that it was a ramp, immediately assumed there was some sort of reason later to start rolling and promptly launched myself into the abyss. Several times.

Before that, I also had to look up a walkthrough to even think to use the Lens of Truth here. It was not my finest hour.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Door Frame posted:

This is what stopped me when I had this game for N64. I couldn't figure out the lense of truth puzzle and rage quit...

But... Tatl straight up tells you there's something in the middle of the blizzard, if only you could see it.

I didn't know about that trick with Goron pounding the Wolfos. That's handy!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Morroque posted:

This LP's #selfie game is en pointe.

The image in this post, which is quoted in the OP, is broken, I just noticed.

E: Never loving mind it wasn't loading for me until after I posted. Took its drat time. :cripes:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Silver Falcon posted:

But... Tatl straight up tells you there's something in the middle of the blizzard, if only you could see it.

I didn't know about that trick with Goron pounding the Wolfos. That's handy!

What kind of NERD doesn't just mash through Tatl's advice?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

C-Euro posted:

Also my preferred Day 1 restock method has always been to roll a couple laps around Termina Field as a Goron.

All of the Owl Statues usually have pots/rocks/snowballs so whenever I needed crap I just rotated between all of the warps and it would get me the equipment I needed.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Zagglezig posted:

The snowballs just hit you when you're shielded. The Wolfos hit her when she was curled up, which is different.
When you're curled up, you can roll and do the ground pound. When you're shielded you're all jagged and a rock.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well, we also saw that the shielded form didn't stop her from taking damage from the snowball. That's what was the most curious.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the action of shielding as a Goron is actually pulled from shielding with the Hylian shield as Young Link in Ocarina of Time but with a model swap. Since Young Link can only shield himself from things above him using the Hylian Shield, maybe the shielding Goron's shield hitbox acts the same. Therefore, the act of getting hit on the front of the model, outside the shield's hitbox, is what caused Fae to take damage from the snowball.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Nah, snowballs are just dicks.
Goron Link's 'shield' works the same way as Deku Link's shield. Some things that are too powerful just hit through it. An easy way to see that the goron shield works for attacks from the front is to just shield next to a bomb.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Faerie Fortune posted:

Episode 30 - Fairy Hunting

Turns out this temple is a lot easier when I'm not hallucinating, who knew?

GameFAQs was totally around when this game was new. I used it for this game and for other games of this period, like Golden Sun (released 2001).

GameFAQs dates back to the late 1990s.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Patter Song posted:

GameFAQs was totally around when this game was new. I used it for this game and for other games of this period, like Golden Sun (released 2001).

Yeah I remember using Gamefaqs for Ocarina of Time way back in the day. That site is super old.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Gamefaqs is old enough to drink.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I want to find that much-mocked goon post where his fantasy dinner party thing had people like Einstein and Abraham Lincoln alongside the founder of gamefaqs.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Oh it was different than I thought but still exceedingly goony and pathetic:

gravija posted:

For some reason, I've been incredibly bored for the past hour and I got thinking about something. If I could invite any twenty people I didn't know for dinner, alive or dead, real or fictional, who would I invite? Here's what I came up with:

1. MacGyver - This person is my hero of the moment. MacGyver is actually a big reason why I decided to major in physics. I'm not up on the whole getting shot at thing, but I would like to have some sort of job where I'm out in the field or otherwise using physics and other mechanics know-how to solve problems. Furthermore, he saves the world without having to resort to firing off hundreds of clips or having the roundhouse kick of death. He uses his brain very well.

2. Cao Cao - Who wouldn't want to have dinner with Emperor Wu of Wei? He was one of the most capable and savvy generals of the Three Kingdoms Era. Furthermore, it's widely thought that he had an incredibly unscrupulous personality, but there is only bits and pieces of proof to validate this claim. I'd like to see if he's really the cur people make him out to be.

3. Excel - HAAAAAAAAIL ILPALAZZO! The very attractive and hyper main character of Excel Saga would certainly be welcome at my table. She adds life to any room or situation, regardless of whether you want it or not. Moreover, I don't have any pets, so I don't really have to worry about keeping them safe.

4. Reno - He's a Turk and he's a goofball too. He exhibits the most confidence as well and is most interested in simply doing "cool stuff" of the group.

5. Tifa Lockhart - What? Another Final Fantasy VII character? Yes. In the original game, she is moderately decent looking, but in Advent Children, she suddenly became the single-hottest created [rendered, animated, etc.] female I have ever seen before. I would spend lots of time at the table just staring at her like I'm a complete moron. Hopefully, she wouldn't decide to Final Heaven me into next week.

6. Maze - He seems like the hardened battle general of Fable and it's a shame that he couldn't even be a moderately decent human being. Yet, I somehow find him intriguing to the point that I even made a character based on him in an RPG once.

7. Kurt Angle - Kurt Angle is incredibly accomplished as an NCAA and Olympic champion and a sports entertainer in WWE. His wrestling ability is incredible and he's become an international superstar. I'd most definitely want to hear some of the stuff he'd have to say.

8. Kate Beckinsale - I love her and want her to be the mother of my children. Then again, millions of other guys on the planet feel exactly the same way. I enjoyed her work in both Underworld movies and in Alice and Wonderland. I'll pretend she wasn't associated with Van Helsing. I'm interested in seeing Click... Is that any good?

9. Ayane - She's quite a violent female that I would never want to cross... Yet that purple hair is so alluring.

10. Moses - I'd have to ask him about the Exodus. What was it like having to keep his party under control while running away from Egypt? What was his favorite plague? Were those stone tablets heavy?

11&12. Jay and Silent Bob - A banquet can't be complete without the ultimate duo of the womanizing pothead and the guy who just kicks rear end. I can only imagine if Jay decided he wanted to hit on one of the women in my party who can legitimately and effortlessly annihilate people.

13. Shaun - I want to learn the art of anti-zombie cricket bat warfare from this guy. Furthermore, I can have nothing but respect for a normal guy with normal guy problems being thrown into the oddest and most absurd life-threatening situation known to man and living to talk about it.

14. Rogue - Rogue of The Cruxshadows, Mr. Pineapple Head, himself, would be the goth and indie music guy at the table. Of all the people I've mentioned or am going to mention, he's the only person I've physically spoken to before. He has this incredibly dry and witty sense of humor that can cut like a knife.

15. Chuck Norris - "Chuck Norris never sleeps! He waits!" Ok. No. But, I would feel an incredible obligation to invite the subject of one of the largest Internet phenomeona, just to torture him with every random generator fact there is. I never really liked Chuck Norris much. I found Walker: Texas Ranger to be practically unwatchable. A friend of mine and I both decided our favorite fight scene of his was the one where he lost to Bruce Lee.

16. General Beatrix - More eye candy. I'd have to ask her what it was like having to listen to people pretend to be enamored with Queen Brahne when everyone [except Brahne] knew they'd much rather snuggle up with either Garnet or her.

17. Ann Coulter - So abrasive... So cutting... Such manly hands... Such deep conservative values... Such raw wit... And she'd wear a slinky cocktail dress to the occasion.

18. Jeff "CJayC" Veasey - Why on Earth would I invite the administrator of GameFAQs to my banquet? Simple. He's so incredibly mysterious and I would savor a chance to find out more about the ever-esoteric administrator of a site that I've regularly gone to for over six years. Nobody knows anything about this guy. I simply must know.

19. Aeris - No, this isn't another Final Fantasy VII choice. I'm actually referring to the character from the webcomic, VG Cats. Whether she's running a D&D game, beating the hell out of Leo, or just alerting people of "Wii," she's one of my favorite characters in a webcomic.

20. Ash - To top it all off though, my favorite webcomic character is Ash Upton from <I>Misfile</I>. If I invited her to dinner, I'd have to ask her, "What's it like being forced into a gender you weren't a year ago and not being able to do anything about it?" I'd then ask her to hook me up with a car, because I don't have one right now. ;_;

And, there we have it. These are the twenty people I'd invite if I had a banquet. If any of you want to do this, here are the ground rules:

- The people can be alive or dead, real or fictional.
- They have to be people or other humanoid creatures. For instance, Lassie wouldn't work.
- They don't have to be famous, but can't be your buddies or anyone else you could realistically just call up and have dinner with on the spot.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Well okay then. Back to Majora's Mask

Episode 32 - Shut Up, That's Why

Artix continues to play Majora's Mask 3D during recording, I answer some tough questions, we meet a rad skull and we learn all about icicles!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
It's always so satisfying when a game lets you kill things with shockwaves. You have the power, now.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 11, 2016

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Beginning of the video gets desynced, but it seems to fix itself shortly after.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The original Fire Temple music from OoT is awesome, and I'm partial to Forest and Spirit Temples as well. But yeah the dungeon music in the N64 games isn't as catchy as the rest of the series. I feel like they were going for more ambience and mood-setting than having memorable tunes.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Patter Song posted:

I didn't start using it until the early 2000s, which was right about when my family first got high-speed Internet access. So for me, it wasn't an issue of the site not being there, but more being able to access it without waiting for 10+ minutes to connect.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of Artix's science experiment.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Silver Falcon posted:

I didn't start using it until the early 2000s, which was right about when my family first got high-speed Internet access. So for me, it wasn't an issue of the site not being there, but more being able to access it without waiting for 10+ minutes to connect.

My brother and I used to look things up at school to help when we got home.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

The original Fire Temple music from OoT is awesome, and I'm partial to Forest and Spirit Temples as well. But yeah the dungeon music in the N64 games isn't as catchy as the rest of the series. I feel like they were going for more ambience and mood-setting than having memorable tunes.

Agree on these. The Shadow Temple theme from OoT was also pretty drat boss, although not exactly catchy as you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I think regular Goron punches can destroy mostly anything a regular bomb can, like those big snow poffs and crumbling walls. These are not fire fists, they're explosion fists.