Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

this game is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
goddamn that was bad

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

wow, they're so powerful, I May is so powerful, defeating the vastly favored Flash Wolves

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
That was probably the biggest dragon steal I've seen in a long time.

I May looks good to me. I'm a big fan.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Libertine posted:

That was one hell of a dragon steal but good gravy the rest of the game was awful.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Libertine posted:

Sweet steals are my favourite thing in League of Legends, that was awesome

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I have no logical explanation for how Imay won that game except for perhaps they are a team of destiny

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

It wasn't the best game ever, but I don't get the hate for that game :shrug:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
It was pretty much entirely Maple getting Varus and shooting things with his shoot move, then avoidless and amazingj becoming Literally Unkillable

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Vermain posted:

That was one hell of a dragon steal but good gravy the rest of the game was awful.

I May played a really difficult composition that had pretty much no margin for error and they made too many errors early. Flash Wolves should have won a lot more team fights than they did with their composition but seemed to never setup a good team fight for some reason, probably lack of engage. Rek'Sai/Gnar didn't really do a good job of starting fights, and they probably could have used something like an Alistar on their team instead of Karma, I don't know.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

flash wolves are a loving terrible team who don't know how to play mid game beyond "let mmd push up on his own and we'll group mid", imay is a horrendous stylistic matchup for them

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
i wonder when we're going to get our first alistar ban

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
AmazingJ is going to win Worlds and everyone in the arena will drown

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

gently caress tsm a lot

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Libertine posted:

I May played a really difficult composition that had pretty much no margin for error and they made too many errors early. Flash Wolves should have won a lot more team fights than they did with their composition but seemed to never setup a good team fight for some reason, probably lack of engage. Rek'Sai/Gnar didn't really do a good job of starting fights, and they probably could have used something like an Alistar on their team instead of Karma, I don't know.

I agree. They needed some kind of hard engage once they got to midgame, because they ended up just getting gradually whittled down by Varus with no way to close the distance, and trying to keep their distance doesn't work against Zac, the longest range primary initiator in the game.

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the Player's View stream. These casters are vastly more tolerable.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Chris de Sperg posted:

flash wolves are a loving terrible team who don't know how to play mid game beyond "let mmd push up on his own and we'll group mid", imay is a horrendous stylistic matchup for them

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Killed By Death posted:

FW repeatedly threw that game trying to force down Baron with tier one mid tower up

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

people are threatened by the power of I May, and the Korean KiWiKiD, playing in China.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chris de Sperg posted:

im interested in reading some of your analysis and stuff and would appreciate if you would effort post in here sometimes (but if you're serious about doing analysis i can see why you wouldn't want to)

im just an armchair twitlonger analyst

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

World's drinking game: whenever the crowd chants tsm for no reason, take a shot. See you in the ER.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hmmm. Under this drinking game, I will remain, as I always am, sober. Because there's always a good reason to chat TSM: To support Team Solo Mid.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Firebert posted:

FW repeatedly threw that game trying to force down Baron with tier one mid tower up
A game can have throws or other mistakes in it and still be entertaining, exciting etc. I mean, I've called games terrible before for similar criteria so it's probably just a personal, arbitrary thing. Oh well.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
TSM gonna run HEAD FIRST into the best ADC in the world.

Bung.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Piss and bans

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Not even the dulcet tones of Alex Ich could entice me to listen to the combination of LS and Pulse

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Wait who is actually favored to win this, I see "Samsung" and assume their opponent will lose.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Since CLG is not playing today and C9 is, well, C9, I guess its up to TSM to save the LCS honour today, so TSM TSM TSM!!! :shrug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How much of the post-chinese Exodus Samsung is still alive in this team? Would be cool if it were the same team of rookies that was so mechanically gifted and completely outpaced on macro play in S5

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Schiavona posted:

Wait who is actually favored to win this, I see "Samsung" and assume their opponent will lose.

Well this is upside down Worlds. So normally I'd say TSM should upset SSG here because they are korean and thus have an advantage. However since all the pros who have played TSM think they are very strong, as well as most analysts, they are favored. Thus the upside down worlds says SSG will win and Im gonna turn into a corncob.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

im interested in reading some of your analysis and stuff and would appreciate if you would effort post in here sometimes (but if you're serious about doing analysis i can see why you wouldn't want to)

im just an armchair twitlonger analyst
i'm sure there's some room between "shouting at or about china" and "reddit" so i might start doing so more tbh, i wasn't really following enough of regions outside the one i was working with for the last split to have an informed opinion on most games

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wuxi posted:

How much of the post-chinese Exodus Samsung is still alive in this team? Would be cool if it were the same team of rookies that was so mechanically gifted and completely outpaced on macro play in S5

none of them? this is a totally different team

Chris de Sperg posted:

i'm sure there's some room between "shouting at or about china" and "reddit" so i might start doing so more tbh, i wasn't really following enough of regions outside the one i was working with for the last split to have an informed opinion on most games

i watched all LPL and a lot of LCK this split but not a ton else. i tried watching LMS but with no english coverage and the times it was on i didnt really get to watch much

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Schiavona posted:

This version of Samsung has none of the players from Season 4 because all of them went to China. This version of Samsung is kinda sloppy and they take a while to close out games and prob only made it to World's because KT tilted off the planet in Game 5 of Tigers vs KT

e: None of those players were rookies either, Samsung White made it to World's the year before

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Chris de Sperg posted:

You should post more, ITT even

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

none of them? this is a totally different team

gently caress that team then. Besides Ambition, Ambition is ok.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

who should i use my free twitch prime sub for? imaqtpie? yea lets fucken go

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Sven's lee was great but why not take Rek'Sai or Elise here?

edit: Lucian Braum lets goooo

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
do the Samsung players get free phones?

because if not that's hosed up

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

if ambition doesn't embarrass svenskeren sometime in the first 10 minutes then im gonna cry

Madame Psychosis
Jul 24, 2009
i hate watching dl play jhin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Jhin braum noooo

• Locked thread