Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

marshmallow creep posted:

I finished the game this week and it occurred to me that there is at least one quest I saw a friend of mine do that I never saw myself: a guy was mucking about with dead bodies because he was immune to disease for some reason, or thought he was. Where do you find that guy?

I can't remember place names, but he's outside that cemetary up on a hill in Velen, the one where you fight that night hag who'd been eating children and living in an abandoned cottage, and where you find the guy who was pretending to be a witcher and got a woman in town pregnant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Huh . Did both of those and never met him.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Huh . Did both of those and never met him.

OK, some spoilers for stuff follows but I'm not gonna do that redaction poo poo for all of it.

He's between the town from Fool's Gold and the town you travel to with Letho. But he's actually not there when a bunch of different quests are active, so it's entirely possible you've missed him. He should show up eventually, though.

Apologies if I'm not exact with the directions, it's been a while.

EDIT: It's also near this weird little refugee circus thing that's also got a weird Schrodinger's cat thing going on. I never could figure out what quest conditions make that place populated or not. And I set it up.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Mzbundifund posted:

Is it possible to say something about my magical see-the-dead lantern kiera gave me or is Yennefer just bound and determined to be a horrible necromancer here in this sacred garden.

The lantern is for seeing Ghosts in like a crazy haunted area, she was just straight raising a non ghost dude and forcing him to talk.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

TGG posted:

The lantern is for seeing Ghosts in like a crazy haunted area, she was just straight raising a non ghost dude and forcing him to talk.

Yeah, as a reminder, you can only see, like, recordings of what the ghosts were up to, you couldn't actually ask them any questions, so unless there was a particularly bad haunting while he was saying "Boy, it sure is weird how Ciri got loaded up onto that boat", it wouldn't have gotten them any closer.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

EDIT: It's also near this weird little refugee circus thing that's also got a weird Schrodinger's cat thing going on. I never could figure out what quest conditions make that place populated or not. And I set it up.

You mean this place https://witcher3map.com/v/#6/-36.994/3.746 ? It shows up as normal greyed out Abandoned Site icon on my map, and is populated.

Letho's questline makes you go there to clear it out, and that's what I did to make it populated, so maybe his questline conflicts.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

I dunno. It would take too long to list all the ones I worked on, by the end of W3 I probably worked on two or three dozen quests. When I was brought on to W3 in the last couple years of development, I was originally working on a big quest chain with a seperate team of writers and designers. That quest chain was eventually cut for reasons. The only remainders of that quest chain still around are Eye for an Eye, Blood Ties, and Contract: Patrol Gone Missing. Eye for an Eye was also hugely trimmed down, it used to be a lot bigger.

Other than those three, the quests in W3 I was most involved with (though didn't originally design) are: Funeral Pyres, Ghosts of the Past/Fall of the House of Reardon, Fencing Lessons, The Aparian Phantom, Muire D'Yaeblen, Tower Outta Nowhere, and Fool's Gold.

I was assigned to BaW and not HoS, but I still designed and implemented The Taxman Cometh, and Rose on a Red Field, the latter of which I'm not particularly happy with how it turned out, but it was designed and implemented in just a couple of days, so that's something I guess.

BaW, I designed/implemented: Equine Phantoms, Feet Cold as Ice, also worked a bunch on Till Death Do You Part and A Knight's Tales. My big quest here got cut for production, it took place in Fox Hollow and involved genocide, ya'll would have liked it. Also I had a troll quest that was *great* but the director didn't think it was funny so it got shot into space.

Confirmation that trolls will be in Cyberpunk?!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Coughing Hobo posted:

Confirmation that trolls will be in Cyberpunk?!

No that's Shadowrun.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

I finished the game this week and it occurred to me that there is at least one quest I saw a friend of mine do that I never saw myself: a guy was mucking about with dead bodies because he was immune to disease for some reason, or thought he was. Where do you find that guy?

Fun fact - he's not.

You run into him, Geralt says it's a bad idea and he should burn his clothes and stop playing worth corpses that have plague.

He gets sick and you can run into him a second time. I forgot where.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I found him wandering along the northernmost road in Velen, near the banks of the Pontar.
Later, you can find him living in isolation by a shack, having finally succumbed to the plague, and you can mercy kill him or leave.

Orv
May 4, 2011

I dunno. It would take too long to list all the ones I worked on, by the end of W3 I probably worked on two or three dozen quests. When I was brought on to W3 in the last couple years of development, I was originally working on a big quest chain with a seperate team of writers and designers. That quest chain was eventually cut for reasons. The only remainders of that quest chain still around are Eye for an Eye, Blood Ties, and Contract: Patrol Gone Missing. Eye for an Eye was also hugely trimmed down, it used to be a lot bigger.

Other than those three, the quests in W3 I was most involved with (though didn't originally design) are: Funeral Pyres, Ghosts of the Past/Fall of the House of Reardon, Fencing Lessons, The Aparian Phantom, Muire D'Yaeblen, Tower Outta Nowhere, and Fool's Gold.

I was assigned to BaW and not HoS, but I still designed and implemented The Taxman Cometh, and Rose on a Red Field, the latter of which I'm not particularly happy with how it turned out, but it was designed and implemented in just a couple of days, so that's something I guess.

BaW, I designed/implemented: Equine Phantoms, Feet Cold as Ice, also worked a bunch on Till Death Do You Part and A Knight's Tales. My big quest here got cut for production, it took place in Fox Hollow and involved genocide, ya'll would have liked it. Also I had a troll quest that was *great* but the director didn't think it was funny so it got shot into space.

Good to know. I really liked Equine Phantoms so good job there, though I don't think I caught any references to the movie in A Knight's Tales so you hosed up. :colbert: (To be fair maybe I wasn't paying attention well enough, I'll let you know when I get back to it... in a hundred hours. :gonk:)

Orv fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 1, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Apiarian phantom was one of my favorite monster contracts, it doesn't lead you on a huge twist but it's solid and fun

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

JetsGuy posted:

He gets sick and you can run into him a second time. I forgot where.

West of Benek in the middle of all those monsters nests. Pretty good spot to get killed either by a monster or a monster hunter, the guy wasn't all that stupid I guess.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Orv posted:

Good to know. I really liked Equine Phantoms so good job there, though I don't think I caught any references to the movie in A Knight's Tales so you hosed up. :colbert: (To be fair maybe I wasn't paying attention well enough, I'll let you know when I get back to it... in a hundred hours. :gonk:)

I don't think there are any references there. I didn't name or design that one, but I think it's a classy baby.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

I don't think there are any references there. I didn't name or design that one, but I think it's a classy baby.

Did you ever reveal that ending to that sidequest you said we all missed?

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

JetsGuy posted:

Did you ever reveal that ending to that sidequest you said we all missed?

I can't remember, but in Equine Phantoms if you leave the area while Roach is investigating the cottage, you'll fail the quest, but if you go back later the hermit says Roach solved the whole thing herself.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

I can't remember, but in Equine Phantoms if you leave the area while Roach is investigating the cottage, you'll fail the quest, but if you go back later the hermit says Roach solved the whole thing herself.

That owns.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

JetsGuy posted:

That owns.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Just finished Blood and Wine and am actually a little sad that it's all over. Really enjoyed all three games and would rank 3 in my top games for sure. Looking at picking up the books and hoping CDPR will continue the witcher series in some sense in the future.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Get paid soon and just got back from a long business trip, so it's time to visit Toussaint. :dance:

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
It's probably my favorite game ever and I started PC gaming on a 386 in 1993 (Windows 3.1 and DOS, baby) with stuff like DOOM, Commander Keen, original side-scrolling Duke Nukem and other Apogee shareware games :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I kinda hope there's a standalone non-canon bonus DLC for Cyberpunk that is literally Cyberwitcher. Just for fun.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So if I try and gently caress both sorceresses I get neither or only if I try and romance them the entire way? Also what happens if I show affection for no one at all? do I get a barrett ending?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Philosopher King posted:

So if I try and gently caress both sorceresses I get neither or only if I try and romance them the entire way? Also what happens if I show affection for no one at all? do I get a barrett ending?

If you romance both sorceresses they kick you to the curb eventually. If you don't romance anyone, you get to hang with Dandelion at the end. Or Ciri if you didn't kill her with your bad parenting.

Just go with your heart. Team Triss all the way!!! (but Yen's loving awesome, too, though)

I HATED Triss's alt outfit from the free dlc. I didn't realize I had it enabled so I spent the whole game looking at her in that stupid evening gown. :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drifter posted:

I HATED Triss's alt outfit from the free dlc. I didn't realize I had it enabled so I spent the whole game looking at her in that stupid evening gown. :argh:

Yeah it was terrible, I liked Yen and Ciri's alternate outfits (Ciri's was especially an improvement) but Triss' was just entirely impractical for every situation in which she appeared in the game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah it was terrible, I liked Yen and Ciri's alternate outfits (Ciri's was especially an improvement) but Triss' was just entirely impractical for every situation in which she appeared in the game.

The ironic part is that the one part where Triss' alternate would be somewhat fitting is the part where it gets automatically disabled for another dress.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

The ironic part is that the one part where Triss' alternate would be somewhat fitting is the part where it gets automatically disabled for another dress.

There's a mod for that, at least.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
does BaW have some epilogue and am i gonna get a lovely epilogue if i got the worst ending in the main game?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

does BaW have some epilogue and am i gonna get a lovely epilogue if i got the worst ending in the main game?

BaW ending is mostly determined by your actions in BaW.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

chaosapiant posted:

BaW ending is mostly determined by your actions in BaW.

Except at the VERY end. Like, the last five minutes of the DLC.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Drifter posted:

Agreed, that's why I said mostly. I'm phone posting in urgent care, that's how much I care about the Witcher and you Witchering goons.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
I HIGHLY recommend that you try both options at the end (when you get back to the palace). It has about 2-3 different hours between each and is very interesting.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

B-Mac posted:

I HIGHLY recommend that you try both options at the end (when you get back to the palace). It has about 2-3 different hours between each and is very interesting.

Yeah, the branching path between vampires and enchanted sister is like a poor-man's Witcher 2 branching path, in that it's not an entire game's worth of extra content, but maybe 2 - 4 hours of extra content.

It's really good, and going after the sister was my "canon" run, but I still very much liked the other path - it was a little more down to earth but still nice. I liked it when the lady sang the opening theme song. :allears:

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012

Drifter posted:

drat this is what i meant. well im just gonna youtube that i guess.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Finally finished the main game, was pretty cool but I guess I have to go back in time and tell ciri to throw a fit and ruin some guys office so she doesn't die which is a bummer because one of the things I like about the witcher games is always ending up with a result that is disappointing but living with it, whereas this one just feels like losing the game. Heck I played it pretty slowly so I can't even really recall what I had picked in certain conversations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

barge posted:

Finally finished the main game, was pretty cool but I guess I have to go back in time and tell ciri to throw a fit and ruin some guys office so she doesn't die which is a bummer because one of the things I like about the witcher games is always ending up with a result that is disappointing but living with it, whereas this one just feels like losing the game. Heck I played it pretty slowly so I can't even really recall what I had picked in certain conversations.

You don't have to let her destroy that room, you could just be a good and supportive father in other instances.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Don't be too supportive with the lodge tho. That's bad.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

That one is the only one I remember doing is what I mean, I wasn't going to replay the whole dang game. I imagine if you picked the right stuff it seems like a really good system but it doesn't make a ton of sense to me, especially with a game where the characters response was a often lot different in tone than the little dialog selection made me think it'd be.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

barge posted:

especially with a game where the characters response was a often lot different in tone than the little dialog selection made me think it'd be.

*shoves*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

barge posted:

especially with a game where the characters response was a often lot different in tone than the little dialog selection made me think it'd be.