Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiber
Nov 18, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

the numbers on your credit card go into the corresponding box on the website. you might be tempted to "freestyle" some numbers, but take it from me, you don't want to do that.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

the numbers on your credit card go into the corresponding box on the website. you might be tempted to "freestyle" some numbers, but take it from me, you don't want to do that.

lmao

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

this game is so dope and the hardcore is so good and stable. i cant believe i never gave it a real shot before

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had a prophecy that guaranteed an unique drop. i got a unique mallet that essentially doubled my damage output, so i'm just waltzing through stuff that was giving me a little bit of trouble so far. it's pretty cool.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just got to maps..they really did all get redesigned. this is sick

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

i just got to maps..they really did all get redesigned. this is sick

when is that? end of normal?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mid act 3 merc lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

mid act 3 merc lol

[jonathan voice] SON OF A BIIIITCH

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, i thought i was hot poo poo until normal izaro killed me in two hits. i'm level 36, so maybe i should level a bit before i come back to it. labyrinth was pretty cool though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

izaro hits like a truck, you need to dodge the big charged up attacks and chug pots for his other stuff.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

izaro hits like a truck, you need to dodge the big charged up attacks and chug pots for his other stuff.

i honestly can't see how i could do it at this point. if he hits me once i'm dead, and since i'm melee i can't avoid his attacks fast enough while still getting close enough to hit.

edit: guides online say 40 to 50 with over a thousand life is ideal. i only have like 500 now, so i'm going to come back to it so i don't get too bored w/ the game.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 29, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre melee and you only have 500 life you've been doing something horribly wrong im afraid

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

if youre melee and you only have 500 life you've been doing something horribly wrong im afraid

hmm, idk. too much time in the dex side of the grid, maybe? i've been fine so far because i leech life really fast, but that doesn't work on izaro because i can't live long enough to face tank him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

may also be your gear. you want +max life on pretty much everything but your weapon, with the % boosts from passives it easily goes into 1000+ if you're at the end of normal.

but yeah if youre a duelist you start near a ton of big health nodes, golem blood, strength etc. shouldn't be too tough

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yea even in normal you want resists and life on all your gear if you can help it, except your weapons

Isn't there an essence that guarantees +life. I suggest making liberal use of that

Also Izaro had really high elemental resist for a boss in Normal, so if your pure ele damage I'd use curses or a penetration gem or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should get back to my Poe game, I was gonna turn my 2H barb into a blood magician or whatever because that sounded cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this dude gave me more trouble than the boss lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody wanna beat Act 3/4 with me tonight?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Anybody wanna beat Act 3/4 with me tonight?

poo poo i need to catch up w/ my dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I ended up being busy by accident so it didn't happen anyway, at least not yet. I may be on later tonight

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i stopped playing, because i burnt out on ARPGs. i might pick it back up at some point in the future.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

daresso's dream is ideal. narrow hallways tightly packed w/ mobs, it's so short there's no way you'll miss essence mobs or npcs or anything. im at 72 and i get half a level each run

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate fighting Daresso though. But the fight music and the arena is top notch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont bother with the arena, i just do the dirt pit. daresso is annoying as gently caress

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Instead of sleeping I just played Diablo all night.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i booted up grimdawn to have an SP game to play at work, they've really redesigned a lot of act I. it used to all look like the same big swamp with some caves here and there, but now each area has a very distinct feel.

there's some annoying stuff, it doesn't have a way to only pickup loot when you're holding alt, and when you're killing big hordes of poo poo and the loot is piling up everywhere it literally blocks what's going on lol. theres a "lock pickup" option but it doesn't actually do anything afaik. i can only see this getting more annoying

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I thought you could set a threshold to only see a certain quality of loot?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah it was a button hidden in the HUD instead of in the settings lol. im enjoying it a lot more now that i figured that out

the voice acting in this game is fallout mod quality and they probably should've left it out though lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if youre really close to an electrified mob when they do a nova, that has no warning animation or anything you kind of eat all of the bolts and die instantly. starting to remember why i stopped playing this lol

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I started out Grim Dawn by shooting everything with rifles, then I got a coat that let me become Magical Revolver Ocelot so I've been doing that (also throwing shittons of molotovs) and it's p fun

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Maybe if you love to reload, or something..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If peopl are around this week we should to play POE again, I wanna see the end of the game at some point

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

If peopl are around this week we should to play POE again, I wanna see the end of the game at some point

im down, i usually work at 10pm but im free b4 that. the endgame maps are so good lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so i got that treasure within will drop 2 uniques instead of 1 prophecy, this was the extra

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congrats. Tabula is always nice to have around for leveling and they're worth a moderate chunk.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

That feel when you upgrade your weapon and gems and your main attack DPS literally doubles

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
The guys what made Torchlight have a new game coming out. Looks pretty good so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-juA6WPw7NA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

Haha

• Locked thread